• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

In order of play:

Vanilla:
Guile
Fei (charge characters rape my fingers on pad)
Akuma (veeery brief experiment with a character with easy damage :lol, wouldn't call him a main)
Guile (still love Guile)

Super:
Makoto/Guile
Guile (My Mak sucks ass, only used her in Endless anyway)
Fei (Because Fei is my best character)

Vanilla:
At first ken for a little bit than bison all the way till super

Super:
Played bison in the beggining but got bored of him and switched to guile and then to cody. Sagat, bison, and guile are my alts.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Man, only one person with Gouken as an alt.
Mine is:

Vanilla: Gouken > Viper

Super: Makoto > Seth

AE: Gouken > Makoto (unless they surprise us with new peeps)

I love Viper, but just can't play her consistently well. Gouken's my go-to guy, and Makoto is fun if I'm in the zone. Seth is just fun full-stop. Point is, I'll play with all these characters in AE, but have trouble pinning down a 'main'.

zlatko

Banned
Vanilla: Ryu
SSF4: Cody then Adon then Abel then Guile and now Slowly working back to Cody with everything I've learned from the others
AE: Yang
Wish I could play: Better Cody. Seeing videos of like Ryan Hunter and I think gat damn can I ever do all that?

Steaks

SF4: Sagat
SSF4: Guile
AE: Whoever the best fireball character is, unless Gief or Deejay are really good.

Edit: I really like Sagat and maybe the uppercut buff will make me want to play him. I was pretty cool with most of the nerfs but the Stand LK -> Tiger Shot really unnerved me. His nerfs were mostly necessary otherwise. Though I like Guile too and played him in Super because in SF4 he was too crappy. I like playing fundamental fireball characters a lot in the 4 series because they are the least boring. I can stand Gief because I play grapplers in almost every other game but he feels really boring to me in this game too, also, I hate hard counter matches. I wouldn't say I tier whore, but I definitely factor character strength into my choices, anything below high-mid tier is often out the window for me, other than that I go my character preference in that tier, if there's no characters I like in that area, I quit the game or I play a low tier.

simtmb

Vanilla: I only really played this extremely casual, didn't really try to learn shit. But basically Cammy, Honda, Abel as they were my most used in that order.

SSFIV: Bison, Abel, Akuma, Fei Long, Rose. Again in terms of usage, while i use other characters, these are the ones i actually really like using. :D

AE: I'll be sticking with Bison of course and most of my other characters : ) Might also go back to playing Cammy though, or even switch to Ibuki or Dudley.

I'll prob just end up focusing on Bison, Fei Long, Abel and Rose.

MIMIC

Banned
SFIV
Guile -> Blanka -> El Fuerte

Super
Main: El Fuerte
Alts: Guile, Blanka
Others: Ryu, M. Bison, Dhalsim, Zangief

I'll probably still be sticking to Fuerte in AE

The only thing I'm curious about is the range on Yang's different rekkas. Fei's Fierce Rekka is pretty safe, but I've read that only Yang's jab version is? I'm pretty lame when it comes to using Fei, so it's a big deal to me. Being able to hit confirm with cMK is awesome, but it might be a little close for my current style. Yang's definitely a bigger mixup character than Fei, though, so it'll probably turn out fine. I hope I can Fierce rekka, jab rekka for relatively safe far hit confirms like fei.

I'm way excited about Yang's combos, though, I can't hit do anything at close range with Fei other than flame kick FADC or jab, EX Tenshin, his links are so tight I get scared.

vulva

prodystopian said:
Winner.

I may have strayed to Akuma for a bit...
it happens, I went through a balrog phase for a bit, and I use ibuki as a sub here and there. Only playing one char is boring

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Vanilla: Cammy -> Gen -> Viper
Super: Viper -> Makoto

FindMyFarms said:
I played Makoto before people played makoto! And then I quit her before people played makoto!

I liked Makoto when she was underground. Now she's so mainstream.

Makoto still won't be incredibly popular.

Threi

notag
Vanilla: Sagat, Dan
Super: Honda, Gen
AE: Whoever the best char is because i want easy wins, or whoever the worst is because I want to be a low tier hero, haven't really decided yet.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Vanilla:
main: Abel
second: El Fuerte
third: Gouken

Super
main: Makoto
second: Gouken

AE

main: Makoto
second: Gouken
try-outs: Yang, Cody, Juri

zlatko

Banned
I've come to the conclusion at long last no matter how much I want to enjoy this game online it will never happen. Offline is not an option for me unless I just want to maul on the computer all day, so I'm questioning why even bother? It'd be fine if 1/10 games was laggy, but's more like 4+/10 have questionable internet where OS tech throws never work, blocking seems to not work, and charge times get fucked up.

I wish Capcom had the same love for this game the fans do, but it seems their agenda is not improvement to the product but meaningless money attempts with DLC.

/salty

Vanilla: Sakura > ryu
Super: Ibuki > Sakura
AE: probably joint maining Ibuki and Sakura (now that they're finally giving Sakura some reasonable stuff) and possibly subbing Guy

N4Us

Vanilla: Zangief/Cammy
Super: Blanka/Cammy/T Hawk
AE: I'll have to wait till I play it. Giving Hawk EX-dive with invincibility to projectiles might push him back up for me though.

Xevren

zlatko said:
I've come to the conclusion at long last no matter how much I want to enjoy this game online it will never happen. Offline is not an option for me unless I just want to maul on the computer all day, so I'm questioning why even bother? It'd be fine if 1/10 games was laggy, but's more like 4+/10 have questionable internet where OS tech throws never work, blocking seems to not work, and charge times get fucked up.

I wish Capcom had the same love for this game the fans do, but it seems their agenda is not improvement to the product but meaningless money attempts with DLC.

/salty

It just comes down to not taking online seriously. At least to me anyway. I wish the series had better netcode but it seems like we're stuck with what we got.

vanilla:Bison/Honda/Akuma
Super:Seth/Sim/Akuma
AE: I have no idea who I'm going for.

Vanilla: Guile -> Cammy (Alt Ken and Sakura)

Super: Cammy (Alt Guile for a bit, Ken and Sakura, attempted Dee Jay and Ibuki only to fail)

AE: Cammy, Alt Sak, gonna try Yang definitely, and will probably give new Dee Jay a run. His far st hk as an overhead sounds awesome (I think that's right?).

Killer Bee blowups will never stop

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ryu, Guile, E.Honda and Zangief will be my mains in whatever games they appear in.

In Vanilla, I've used Sagat, Blanka, Ken, Akuma, Fei Long, Gouken, Viper and Sakura pretty consistently as well.

Super. Things are pretty much the same but I've been using Ken and Bison for the majority, way more than even my mains. But I also added Seth, Juri, Guy, Chun Li, Dan to my list of playables. And I haven't even tried the rest of the roster yet so I also expect to see Rose, Cody, Adon, Balrog, and Cammy in there some time.

Most of the characters are fun to use. I've always been someone who plays a lot of characters in fighters. I don't see it changing any time soon since I play for fun and not competitively.

AE seems to be the same too. Adding the alternate shotos to the list. Not too sure about Yun and Yang since I never liked them in Third Strike but I'll give them a try.

I ran into Saqs earlier on PSN, I had a good chance of beating him, but I blew it. We split the first 2 rounds and in the 3rd we were both around 50% life, I landed a cross up which he focused, but he never dashed out of it. So I followed up with short, jab, but I didn't finish with dragon punch. I think seeing the focus threw me off, that or my execution decided to take a break at the most crucial time. Anyways, after that he pretty much finished me without taking another hit.

I think this makes me like 0-3 against Saqs. Maybe I'll get another rematch in 3 months. One day I'll get that Saqs and his Guy. Not Rose though, I'm so free when it comes to any Rose it seems.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
But I thought nobody in Japan had played HDR. Ever.

I heard s-kill showed HDR to Daigo at Evo '09 and Daigo was all like "are you a wizard?"

USD

Lost Fragment said:
But I thought nobody in Japan had played HDR. Ever.

I heard s-kill showed HDR to Daigo at Evo '09 and Daigo was all like "are you a wizard?"
There was an NSB HDR broadcast just last week.

Apparently GMC is trying to make this a regular stream.

They had a poll up a little while ago:

"Whose dick do you ride?"*

Aniken - 64
Otochun - 45
Umehara - 168
Other - 50

*Not a literal translation :lol

Threi

notag
Saty pulling off some matrix shit with dhalsim:

untitled228_4qd1i.gif

Status