• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

Lost Fragment said:
SSFIV for $20...MadCatz with the buy-one-get-one-free deal on sticks...

Cleaning out inventory for SSFIV: Turbo confirmed.

You mean SSFIV: AE

...SSFIV: AE-S will be next :p with rolento!

Dartastic

Lost Fragment said:
SSFIV for $20...MadCatz with the buy-one-get-one-free deal on sticks...

Cleaning out inventory for SSFIV: Turbo confirmed.
I really hope they don't sell AE as a stand alone product. I really do not want to purchase another retail disk.

Dartastic said:
I really hope they don't sell AE as a stand alone product. I really do not want to purchase another retail disk.
I hope they do, for Tournaments' sake. Ensuring all the stations have DLC and patches will be a pain.

Soulstar

A little behind on the list but...

SF4- Sakura. I dabbled with other characters trying to find on that sticks

SSF4- Pretty much all Makoto all the time... although I suck.

It'll probably be pretty much just Makoto in AE too. Even though I'm so bad she's just too much fun too play as far as I'm concerned.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Man, it's depressing how completely awful my Viper is these days.

Dartastic said:

I really really doubt Capcom's that foolish. Stranger things have happened though.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
If you haven't been following NEC over the weekend, now's a good time to tune in. Top 8 about to start:

Winners - EG Marn (Dudley) vs DMG PR Rog (Balrog), EG Justin Wong (Rufus) vs DMG Weaksauc3 (Sagat)
Losers - EMP Santhrax (Sagat, Viper, Ryu) vs DMG Lud (Chun), Wolfkrone (Viper) vs FYC MarlinPie (Cammy)

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky

kitzkozan

I'm gonna have to give Dudley a chance in the AE,the dude is just too fun to play if you can be decent.It's just ridiculous to see how entertaining Marn is with Duds.

I need a combo crazy character to go along with my Gouken. :D

kitzkozan

It seems PR Rog leveled up by watching JS Master or something.It's obvious that he changed the way he usually play his Rog: mostly using EX headbutt,conserving meter to use the super and actually using the focus attack and more jabs. :p

kitzkozan

Dartastic said:
I want Justin to bust out Makoto against PR Rog. Would be dooooope

...Wong man. Wong. :lol

Despite leveling up,PR ain't no JS Master and never will be. :lol Doesn't have the speed,reactions and execution to constantly pull off what JS can do. :p

kitzkozan

Wolfkrone has been leveling up like crazy,his Viper is easily the best in the US.Whoa,didn't expect this young dude to push the character this far.He's good enough that I could see him matching Uryo with those insane reactions and excellent execution (and he's playing Viper on a pad!).Think he started playing seriously with vanilla IV,so he just need experience until he become a real monster (and play Viper on a stick to perform even better :p).

Even I can hardly play on the pad these days,as I'm just sick of the clumsy button layout.It's especially painful when it's a 6 buttons FG.

_dementia said:
People get tagged by that overhead like 90% of the time anyway might as well :lol

I think now that Marn is trying to equal my manliness, I'm going to start assuming counter hit and go for overhead, cFP from now on.

LakeEarth

His Viper is random safe, which is always a good thing. He never got his normal sj cancel ultra to work though, I saw him miss it like 5 times. So the could come back even better next time.

kitzkozan

LakeEarth said:
His Viper is random safe, which is always a good thing. He never got his normal sj cancel ultra to work though, I saw him miss it like 5 times. So the could come back even better next time.

He wouldn't miss it that often if he was dedicated to stick play.With the AE coming out in Japan soon,watch Uryo level up again and hit the sj cancel ultra 99% of the time.

I only saw the grand final. Wolfkrone must have played really well in the tournament. He abused those flamekick mixups, but his execution was kind of iffy. Missed all his SJC Ultra attempts and completely choked on punishing JWong in the last round. Justin was missing his combos too. I wanted a cleaner match, but it was pretty exciting.

Wallach

haunts said:
SSF4 Casual matches with EG Justin Wong and others, live right now -- http://www.glhf.tv/

Nice, thanks for the heads up. Something to watch until GSL starts! Great quality, too.

EG really cleaned up this weekend, they're probably feeling pretty good. Hopefully Marn can continue to step up his Duds and start catching up to his teammates.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Missed the top 8 because I had to go to work. Am sad :(

Edit: oh, sweet the recordings are already up. NOT SAD!

kitzkozan said:
He wouldn't miss it that often if he was dedicated to stick play.With the AE coming out in Japan soon,watch Uryo level up again and hit the sj cancel ultra 99% of the time.

Or, maybe if Uryo played on pad he'd hit sjc ultra 100% of the time.

I couldn't do half of Viper's stuff on pad, but the pad vs stick debate is just annoying at this point.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's officially the off season. It's going to be boring and restless while the Japanese play Arcade Edition. Except for the few of you. :D

If anybody hasn't seen it yet, my latest video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ruZjIGOLFs&hd=1

Even at the this point, I wish I could still play on a pad. I miss being able to do ridiculous stuff I could do more consistently with a pad. SJC stuff is one of the things I'm having trouble on a stick.

kitzkozan said:

His nerves had more of an impact on him dropping combos than his pad. He was screwing up cross-up SJ BK a lot too.

USD

Kadey said:
It's officially the off season. It's going to be boring and restless while the Japanese play Arcade Edition. Except for the few of you. :D
There really is no off-season, we just get a big tourney a month instead of every two weeks (which was an incredibly insane rate). Next week is Focus Fire (featuring Justin Wong and Marn). There's West Coast Warzone 3 in January. The Beat By Contest and Winter Brawl 5 in February. Final Round XIV in March. And I'm sure there will be a few random Japanese tourneys to watch throughout.

El Sloth

Banned
USD said:
There really is no off-season, we just get a big tourney a month instead of every two weeks (which was an incredibly insane rate). Next week is Focus Fire (featuring Justin Wong and Marn). There's West Coast Warzone 3 in January. The Beat By Contest and Winter Brawl 5 in February. Final Round XIV in March. And I'm sure there will be a few random Japanese tourneys to watch throughout.
There's also Shadowloo Showdown, but I don't know if they'll be streaming the fights. Tokido, Gamerbee, and Mago will be attending.

h3ro

_dementia said:
Street fighter off-season starts when Marvel 3 comes out amirite?

Marvel 3? Whats that? Oh you mean TWO MONTHS. That's what we calling it now. TWO MONTHS.

:lol yipes. so good.

Yo, I'm hyped for Two Months.

And the schism begins...

I see the scene starting to splinter (which there isn't a problem), as people decide if it's SF or MVC3 (or even MK9).

I'm glad New York can get hyped about something. I just hope J.Wong doesn't dominate that game too.

Off season. To be honest, I'm happy there'll be less streams. I've been having problems doing school work and preparing for my lessons.

I'm sure NSB and GG will be occasionally streaming SSFIV AE action. And we still have 8onthebreak, IPW, etc.

Wiseblade

USD said:
Don't forget about Bushido Impact International next weekend.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
USD said:

If we want to get technical, yes. There are tournaments every week. 90% of them not on a grand scale or not streamed.
Off season meaning less streams, people interested in the game, not traveling, etc. We won't have a major for a while.
And look at the recent threads of each major tournament as we went on, less pages, views, and stream viewership as a whole. I Myself (and even Spooky) figured more people would watch NEC but apparently it never broke 8000 views even during hype matches. Take a look at this thread. It gets stuck on the same page for days even. Same could be said about other fighting communities. It's pretty much an offseason right now. People are spending more time with their friends and family, doing other things.

BotoxAgent said:
man, i hope lordaborigonie starts putting up SF videos again. I missed his presence.
If he doesn't I'm sure someone else will scrounge around Nico Douga for AE vids and re-upload them to thier YouTube account

kitzkozan

Spiderjericho said:
Yo, I'm hyped for Two Months.

And the schism begins...

I see the scene starting to splinter (which there isn't a problem), as people decide if it's SF or MVC3 (or even MK9).

I'm glad New York can get hyped about something. I just hope J.Wong doesn't dominate that game too.

Off season. To be honest, I'm happy there'll be less streams. I've been having problems doing school work and preparing for my lessons.

I'm sure NSB and GG will be occasionally streaming SSFIV AE action. And we still have 8onthebreak, IPW, etc.

I think these guys can play both AE and MvC3,but I'm sure the east coast will prefer the versus game so you will be seeing a lot of that game on stream.

SSFIV AE will have an insane level of comp however,with just about everyone leveling up again.If one game get neglected,it's possibly the new MK.It's good that Ed Boon and his crew want to see their game getting just as much tournament coverage and hype as IV,but I'm not sold on it.It's going to be a fun game and I'm buying it,but the combo system just scream for infinite when pros push the system to it's limit (even if there's damage scaling). :lol

I think people will play whatever gets them that fight money.
Money match culture goes so well with Marvel 2, so I'm sure we'll see some matriculation once MvC3 drops.
SSFIV will just be a tourney mainstay because it has the biggest worldwide audience.
If MK9 plays well and brings out the sponsorships and such, I'm sure tourney people will play that too. Just look at Tekken and MLG.

XenoRaven

I finally put this game in after months of not playing. I need to stop going on the long hiatuses because I really love this game. I just went into training mode to mess around with some characters and try some things I'd always been curious about. I had no idea Rufus dive kicks were so easy to execute. I thought you had to at least hold down right in the middle like you do for Chun's headstomps. Nope. It's df. And then that target combo to Ultra...

Anyway, I wanted to get some games in but the only person I saw online was DBJ, and I didn't feel like getting mauled after not practicing since like July or August or something.

I'll be playing Marvel all day. Shuma Gorath? Albert Wesker? Come on son, let's go. The only way Marvel 3 could be better is if they pull some crazy shit and announce Dio Brando at Jump Festa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom