• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4Us

Spiderjericho said:
I'm glad New York can get hyped about something. I just hope J.Wong doesn't dominate that game too.

If anything it might be Marn, he was pretty much dominating the MvC3 matches at NCR.

cHaotix8

God's Beard said:
I'll be playing Marvel all day. Shuma Gorath? Albert Wesker? Come on son, let's go. The only way Marvel 3 could be better is if they pull some crazy shit and announce Dio Brando at Jump Festa.

Get out of my head!

cHaotix8 said:
Get out of my head!

Trust me, dude, all I do all day is create design proposals for Shonen Jump vs Capcom, on the off chance there's some crazy contest on Capcom-Unity. I could have 600 pages by the end of the week. I'm talking game mechanics, potential character roster, move properties, normals, command normals, super moves and quotes, story and overall design philosophy. Even trailer storyboards and character interactions.

Dio Brando vs DMC1 Dante. Think about it.
Gene from God Hand vs Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star.
Strider Hiryu vs Luffy.

Hanamichi Sakuragi vs. Shoma Sawamura.

Light Yagami vs Albert Wesker.

MOTHERFUCKING RYU VS GOKU.

That's ironic, because I lost my money betting on an Akuma remix. I don't remember what one it was, but What is Love plays when he does the raging demon.

Chavelo said:
/hugs SFIV for bringing actual fighting games back to the mainstream

Well, too be honest, SCIV, MK vs. DC, Tekken 5 were all mainstream successes. I'd say IV brought an influx to the community.

Let's see what happens in TWO MONTHS.

Imm0rt4l

Watching some Gouken matches and I gotta say Bullcat is the best Gouken in the world. I'd love to see him run it back with Daigo cuz the last he played him he wasn't on point.

Imm0rt4l said:
Watching some Gouken matches and I gotta say Bullcat is the best Gouken in the world. I'd love to see him run it back with Daigo cuz the last he played him he wasn't on point.
I saw a match of his a while ago. He seemed to have a real no-fear attitude about that naked EX Tatsu, but it really worked out well for him.

Whenever I try such a thing, I'm eating a 400 damage punish at least :lol

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
I saw a match of his a while ago. He seemed to have a real no-fear attitude about that naked EX Tatsu, but it really worked out well for him.

Whenever I try such a thing, I'm eating a 400 damage punish at least :lol
Yea seriously, Gouken has forever and a day recovery on tatsu whiff, but I don't think I've ever seen him whiff. Some times he does it on wake up only if he has 3 bars in which case he'll ex tatsu FADC fierce into demon flip shenanigans. He seems to have great knowledge on all his matchups, plays really patiently when needed and has the best meter management of any Gouken I've ever seen. The guy isn't even technically impressive like Desoras Gouken, but his fundamentals are so strong.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Imm0rt4l said:
But....but....Desora!!!

kidding, im posting this vid just reinforce how shitty the Guy vs Gouken match up is.

Imm0rt4l

~Devil Trigger~ said:
But....but....Desora!!!

kidding, im posting this vid just reinforce how shitty the Guy vs Gouken match up is.

the first match kinda illustrates something about Desora, he loves being on the offensive, hates being in a pinch and so he uses ex demonflip since it's seemingly Goukens only good option, kiryu knows this and so he insta-izuna drops his ass. If it were Bullcat he wouldn't use exdemonflip, He would've blocked, hell he barely ever even uses ex demonflip since ppl have a tendency of telegraphing it. Desora is way more impressive technically, like his use of ground tatsu's an invaluable asset if you know how to do it, it's incredibly difficult for some reason. He likes to do the more flashier/high risk stuff just to flex his muscles and that's why I love watching him play, plus he probably has the best offensive Gouken. Dat pressure. Giving Bison, a shit matchup a taste of his own medicine.

If Desora and Bullcat had a baby, he'd be unfuckwitable.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I'm learning how to not want to press buttons when I'm blocking.

It's hard :(

haunts said:
makoto vs chun li is seriously impossible. :lol

Yeah that match is lame. I pretty much prioritize pushing her to the corner above everything else and occasionally fish for counterhit st.mp so I can combo into the untechable knockdown.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Lost Fragment said:
I'm learning how to not want to press buttons when I'm blocking.

It's hard :(

Yeah that match is lame. I pretty much prioritize pushing her to the corner above everything else and occasionally fish for counterhit st.mp so I can combo into the untechable knockdown.

the slow kikouken, combined with her pokes just make her seem like a wall, and then when she decides to maul, its like nothing I can do. haha.

seems like f+lk is pretty good for advancing on her, has a lot of priority and stops many ofher pokes.. BUT IT DOSENT DO ANY DAMAGE...afaik anyway.

haunts said:
the slow kikouken, combined with her pokes just make her seem like a wall, and then when she decides to maul, its like nothing I can do. haha.

How does she fare against low axe kicks? I don't play Makoto, but that seems like it'd be useful.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God's Beard said:
How does she fare against low axe kicks? I don't play Makoto, but that seems like it'd be useful.

thats what i was thinking, try to clip her limbs with an axe kick but wasnt having much success. her back walk speed just makes her seem like she is always out of range for that kind of stuff.

fuckin chun li and balrog players man. shit is so stupid i swear.

Keep up the pressure with low axe kicks, push her into the corner then focus dash in from her normals range? Seems like your gameplan from when we fought, doesn't work?

As a Dudley player I just option select roundhouse for whiffed normals, punish hazanshu and bully her with block strings. Makoto doesn't really have options like that, I guess.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God's Beard said:
Keep up the pressure with low axe kicks, push her into the corner then focus dash in from her normals range? Seems like your gameplan from when we fought, doesn't work?

feels like I "land" on her pokes and she beats it, like her FP and MP and shit..

what worked well was f+hp but that damn kikouken is always in the way. lol

oh yeah fuck guile too.

haunts said:
feels like I "land" on her pokes and she beats it, like her FP and MP and shit..

what worked well was f+hp but that damn kikouken is always in the way. lol

oh yeah fuck guile too.

MP doesn't fuck up Guile's shit at close range? I know he has a bunch of bullshit normals, but damn.

I personally only hate fighting Dhalsim, Zangief and Ken. I think everyone else is roughly 5-5 for Dudley. Dan and Vega gimmicks are bullshit, though.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God's Beard said:
MP doesn't fuck up Guile's shit at close range? I know he has a bunch of bullshit normals, but damn.

I personally only hate fighting Dhalsim, Zangief and Ken. I think everyone else is roughly 5-5 for Dudley. Dan and Vega gimmicks are bullshit, though.

its stil more of this "slow projectile, godlike pokes" issues that just make it really hard to do much w/o TIGER FUCKIN SHOTS man. lol

i cant bitch too much tho, sitll new to a lot of these match ups.

I dont really mind sim too much. I actually feel if im getting blown up its cuz they are really solid, sim aint easy ya know. balrog and chun tho u can roll your face across the joystick and magic happens.

Dartastic

haunts said:
its stil more of this "slow projectile, godlike pokes" issues that just make it really hard to do much w/o TIGER FUCKIN SHOTS man. lol

i cant bitch too much tho, sitll new to a lot of these match ups.

I dont really mind sim too much. I actually feel if im getting blown up its cuz they are really solid, sim aint easy ya know. balrog and chun tho u can roll your face across the joystick and magic happens.
I think with Chun the key is to just get in and stay in, while watching out for that fucking EX Bird Kick. If you can do that, you have the (minor) invulnerability from the chop and armor from EX Karakusa to try and stay in, and in addition your dash is fast enough to deal with some of the escape options, enough to make it a guessing game.

As far as Rog, yeah. That can be rough too, but I think EX Dash Punch in AE will help with that a lot, because it's so much faster than Rog's armored punches. It'll break that shit in a second, and it'll really, really help that matchup.

P.S. Fuck grapplers online, especially with Mak. FUCK that.

Threi

notag
haunts said:
All the charge chars are just ugh in this game. DeeJay is the only man's charge character.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Threi said:
All the charge chars are just ugh in this game. DeeJay is the only man's charge character.

bison is probably the only one i dont mind too much but the others are really frustrating. haha

I don't give a fuck about charge characters, just gotta abuse overheads and block strings. Now Ken is a bastard.

Vl7Nr.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I need to pick up a secondary to deal with Rog, Guile, Dhalsim and Bison. I still have no clue how to approach these matches with Roo. I think without FADC > Ultra, the Dhalsim matchup is like 7-3 for me :(.

jlai

Dartastic said:

Anytime I fight a Gief with Mak, my goal is to stun him. Instant jump back fierce on his wakeup works wonders

So Dudley's sLP whiffs on crouching Makoto, and cLP doesn't force stand, but cLP, sLP, sLP hits crouching characters?

Man that's like the opposite of Guy combos, etc whiffing on crouchers :lol

Also, cRH, cRH, cRH, Super is so beast. 528 damage. No reason to do it over cRH, Ducking Upper xx Super, but it shuts people up.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Dartastic said:
I think with Chun the key is to just get in and stay in, while watching out for that fucking EX Bird Kick. If you can do that, you have the (minor) invulnerability from the chop and armor from EX Karakusa to try and stay in, and in addition your dash is fast enough to deal with some of the escape options, enough to make it a guessing game.

As far as Rog, yeah. That can be rough too, but I think EX Dash Punch in AE will help with that a lot, because it's so much faster than Rog's armored punches. It'll break that shit in a second, and it'll really, really help that matchup.

I dont have much problems with grapples with Mak, the problem is usually me losing patience and getting bored, I dont think THawk/Gief/Hakan or bad at all.

El Fuerte iiiiiiiissssssssss just weird, its like fighting alternate Dhalsim, either you own em hard or get own hard.

Abel, im still not too sure, not much experience in that match up.

As for Chun, i just a need that knock down.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
OMG I JUST LOOKED AT THE IPW TIER LIST AND I'M GONNA PICK UP CHUN AS MY NEW SECONDARY.

FUCK YOU BALROG, BISON, AND DHALSIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom