• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God's Beard said:
Last I checked that was an improvement, right?
Nah, Gief wants knowdown.

Huh. I get different answers for that every time I ask. I know gief's oki is really good, but the whole command grab/U2/green hand pressure makes for a scary guess time.

_Xenon_

Banned
kitzkozan said:
Fuhajin store will possibly open up a lot of combo options,perhaps even fuhajin kick > FADC > U2.Normals weren't the biggest problem with Juri.
I'm not sure about that. Fuhajin kick cannot be cancelled (only the fireball can be cancelled) and from the distance it pushes opponent back in the first AE trailer it seems you can't even land a full ex pinwheel after that. Besides that move has some really shitty range: it whiffs after a standard cr.lk st.lk cr.mp (or cr.lk) bnb. Let alone the damage of it actually got nerfed according to the blog.

black_vegeta said:
Freejay no longer?
KKFTM.gif

NeoUltima

Excellent, DJ is the one charge character I love to play. Glad they made the dash into ultra easier as well. I started to use DJ a month or so ago, but I couldn't do the dash into U2 in training so I got frustrated and gave up on him :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
kitzkozan said:
Fuhajin store will possibly open up a lot of combo options,perhaps even fuhajin kick > FADC > U2.
All Juri needs to do is clobber the release and she won't need any meter for that, if it works at all.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I hate PSN. Gotta wait until late in the week to get stuff. So stupid.

I see all these nerfs just prolonging matches more than ever and making people play certain characters even more lame. Thanks Capcom.

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme!
Nice to see the Deejay buffs.

Also, I hate all the alts in the new pack except Adon's because it's so damn funny looking.

PhatSaqs

Banned
God's Beard said:
Last I checked that was an improvement, right?
I think it gives him less braindead options which is what Capcom is trying to get away from. Some characters, once knocked down have a stupid hard time getting away from Giefs xup mixup game. But if they're trying to get away from stuff like this, leaving characters like Akuma and Ibuki un-nerfed in terms of their vortex game doesnt speak well for that IMO.

God's Beard said:
Huh. I get different answers for that every time I ask. I know gief's oki is really good, but the whole command grab/U2/green hand pressure makes for a scary guess time.

He had that already. If he can 50/50 at +1, why wouldn't he be able to after a knockdown where he's right next to you? The difference is in AE, that's the only thing he has.

He loses short/normal jump, empty jump low, and jump knee/splash(these 3 jump mixups are hella ambiguous to stop), meaty U1, OS to catch backdash, etc. etc. He also now can't set himself up to punish teleport escapes.

- Damn the Ibuki alt looks nice

USD

Translation has already been posted, but fuck it, I'll post mine anyway:

GUILE

Unique Attacks
-For a number of frames, Reverse Spin Kick (when close, B/F+HK), the hittable box from the knee down has been cut, damage reduced. Can go over Ryu's cr.MK and connect, for example
-Spinning Back Knuckle (F+HP) does less damage

Specials
-Sonic Boom builds half as much meter on release, overall meter build adjusted
-LK, MK, HK Flash Kick do less damage

Ultra Combos
-Sonic Hurricane (UC2) does less damage, has a slower startup

SETH

Normals
-forward j.HP has twice as many active frames, making it easier to connect
-st..MK has slightly more active frames, has a smaller horizontal hittable box when the leg is stretched, making it easier to use as a poke
-cl.MP has a faster startup, less overall frames, giving it more hit advantage
-cr.HP, has a slightly faster startup
-cr.MK has slightly more active frames
-nj.HP, bj.HP are know the same as fj.HP (no stretch)

Unique Attacks
Tenmakujinkyaku aka Dive Kick (at top of forward jump arc, D+HK) has less hit and block stun, making it harder to press the attack afterward
Yoskyaku aka Head Stomp (mid-air D+MK) has less active frames on all three kicks of the attack, has a different timing for the full attack

Specials
-Sonic Boom has one less frame of recovery, three frames less on EX. Normal attack → (EX) Sonic Boom → FADC combos are improved
Hyakuretsukyaku (Chun Legs) does more damage, less stun

Super Combo
Tanden Storm has more invincibility, juggles

Ultra Combos
-Tanden Typhoon (UC2) has less recovery, is completely invincible to the 12th frame, but only projectile-invincible after (until the last active frame)
-Tanden Stream (UC1) does more damage, has more recovery

Other
Now has 800 health, 900 Stun (up from 750/750)

DEE JAY

Normals
-st.LP has a smaller hittable box on the arm, making it harder to stuff
-cr.MP has an improved hitbox, does more damage
-cl.MP has one more active frame (now 5), making it easier to use as a close anti-air
-st.MK does two hits; the damage distribution, startup speed, and overall frames have been changed. First hit is cancellable, so cr.LP → st.MK → Special and cl.MK → st.MK → Special combos are now possible
-The distance difference between far and close MK has been changed
-cl.HK now is a techable knockdown against air opponents, can do juggle combos after the second hit
-st.HK is one frame faster (now 11 frames), has one more active frame (now 4)
-cr.HK travels less distance, has more active frames
-fj.MK has adjusted knockback, making it easier to combo after a cross-up

Specials
-Air Slasher has less recovery, but does less hit/block stun. No changes to EX
-Any hit taken while Air Slasher is active is now counter hit
-LK Double Rolling Sobat start up is now 12 frames (two frames faster), has longer lower body invincibility. cr.LP (and other light attack) cancel now combos. The throw invincibility and mid-air time have been cut
-The first hit of MK, HK, and EX Sobat do more hit stun, so Sobat (first hit) → FADC combos are possible
-Machine Gun Upper does more damage
-LK Jackknife Maximum does more damage, is completely invincible until the end of active frames
-HK and EX Jackknife now less likely to whiff attacks on hit

Ultra Combos
-Climax Beat (UC2) has less recovery after the cinematic

Other
-SC and UC have a greater amount of buffer time for forward dash, so forward dash → UC2 is now easier to do

HAKAN

Normals
-st.HP has a smaller hittable box on the arm, making it easier to use as an anti-air or a poke
-During Oil, normals buffered after a forward dash now have sliding inertia

Unique Attacks
-Step Low (F+LK) is now cancellable, has a faster startup, now can link from cl.MP (and other attacks)

Specials
-Oil Shower now stacks, can last for up to 30 seconds
-MK, HK, EX Oil Shower have 5 less recovery frames, EX can be cancelled into guard
-Oil Shower can be be done as a follow-up to Oil Slide, with the oil time of LK Shower
-LP Oil Slide has a faster startup, can be cancelled into from cr.HP and Step Low
-Oil Dive (including EX) can be cancelled into a guard position during button hold; you can now use it as a feint and to build meter

Other
The 360 input for Oil Rocket and Oil Dive have been revised, now feels similar to Zangief's SPD.

Next week are Dhalsim, M.Bison, Akuma, Adon, and T.Hawk. That should round out the entire cast.

USD said:
Guess while I was sleeping, I missed the blog post and one of the NSB matches. Guess I wasn't keeping up with it, didn't know there was going to a match today.

Kindevu VS Momochi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3JgQBEwmNw

Weird set of matches. Counterpicking like crazy.

It's strange that Kindevu is a Rufus Grand Master. Momochi is a Go grand master. But they both stop using the characters with SSFIV. Though Momochi is sticking in the same neighborhood by using Ryu and Ken.

Kindevu has a good Viper. He has a decent Cammy (just doesn't have Sako execution or Wong matchup knowledge).

cHaotix8

Spiderjericho said:
Weird set of matches. Counterpicking like crazy.

It's strange that Kindevu is a Rufus Grand Master. Momochi is a Go grand master. But they both stop using the characters with SSFIV. Though Momochi is sticking in the same neighborhood by using Ryu and Ken.

Kindevu has a good Viper. He has a decent Cammy (just doesn't have Sako execution or Wong matchup knowledge).

They switch characters for Super so that they don't mess up their Vanilla play-styles.

Hey I got trolled online!
I was playing as Chun against a Ryu who got a life lead and then kept jumping back until he was in the corner and then roflcoptering away to safety with air tatsu until time over. Any way to punish this with Chun Li?

Rocwell

USD said:
SETH

Normals
-forward j.HP has twice as many active frames, making it easier to connect
-st..MK has slightly more active frames, has a smaller horizontal hittable box when the leg is stretched, making it easier to use as a poke
-cl.MP has a faster startup, less overall frames, giving it more hit advantage
-cr.HP, has a slightly faster startup
-cr.MK has slightly more active frames
-nj.HP, bj.HP are know the same as fj.HP (no stretch)

Unique Attacks
Tenmakujinkyaku aka Dive Kick (at top of forward jump arc, D+HK) has less hit and block stun, making it harder to press the attack afterward
Yoskyaku aka Head Stomp (mid-air D+MK) has less active frames on all three kicks of the attack, has a different timing for the full attack

Specials
-Sonic Boom has one less frame of recovery, three frames less on EX. Normal attack → (EX) Sonic Boom → FADC combos are improved
Hyakuretsukyaku (Chun Legs) does more damage,
less stun

Super Combo
Tanden Storm has more invincibility, juggles

Ultra Combos
-Tanden Typhoon (UC2) has less recovery, is completely invincible to the 12th frame, but only projectile-invincible after (until the last active frame)
-Tanden Stream (UC1) does more damage,
has more recovery

Other
Now has 800 health, 900 Stun (up from 750/750)
Yeah look at all those nerfs gaddamn
_dementia said:
I was playing as Chun against a Ryu who got a life lead and then kept jumping back until he was in the corner and then roflcoptering away to safety with air tatsu until time over. Any way to punish this with Chun Li?
If you can predict an escape attempt you should be able to knock him out of the air with nj hk or your air throw. U2 has a big hit box too and catches jumpers pretty well.

Rocwell said:
If you can predict an escape attempt you should be able to knock him out of the air with nj hk or your air throw. U2 has a big hit box too and catches jumpers pretty well.
Thanks, I assumed UC2 would help, but unfortunately I was running with UC1 to use as an anti-fireball (and I always do so against shotos), but the nj.HK sounds like good advice!
Oh man I was super salty.

USD

Rocwell said:
The UC2 invincibility change is actually a nerf, as Seth used to be invincible until the end of active frames basically (which was ridiculous). That's why it was so good of a chip Ultra, since very few characters had some way to escape it.

SmokeMaxX

_dementia said:
I'd imagine auto-correct U1 could work...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I hate Fuerte players. No exceptions.

Well, I hate GAF Fuerte players a little bit less, but that's the only exception.

When I played him a little bit a few weeks back, I had to start taking anti-depressants because I started hating myself.

XenoRaven

_dementia said:
You may also be able to bait it then dash like crazy until you're in sweep range before he lands. I don't know for sure though. Plus that's harder to do in lag, and Ryus that do stuff like that seem to lag hard and lag often. It's such a crazy coincidence.

USD

Important points from the Q&A:

Zangief
-UC2 will catch backdashes after a EX Banishing Flat hit, but UC2 does not have combo potential, so Lariat FADC UC2 is not possible
-Again, no changes to either Lariat.

Sagat
-The only damage changes are to st.LK and Tiger Uppercut

Dan
-cr.MP's recovery is three frames faster (now +5), so because of the faster startup (now 5 frames), it can link into itself (1-frame)
-st.LP has much less recovery, is now +7 on hit (formerly +3), so links into cr.MK (1-frame)

Dudley
(Nothing overly important, just that the changes to Dudley's normals vary from technique to technique)

Next week are Dhalsim, M.Bison, Akuma, Adon, and T.Hawk. That should round out the entire cast.

USD

LakeEarth said:
I can't believe they've increased Seth's ultra 1 damage. With characters like Honda, its pretty much free.
It only did 340 damage before (and that's with full Ultra meter), so it only tickled.

Wiseblade

Lost Fragment said:

Well, I hate GAF Fuerte players a little bit less, but that's the only exception.

When I played him a little bit a few weeks back, I had to start taking anti-depressants because I started hating myself.
:D :D :D

Lost Fragment said:

Dont hate.

Rocwell

USD said:
The UC2 invincibility change is actually a nerf, as Seth used to be invincible until the end of active frames basically (which was ridiculous). That's why it was so good of a chip Ultra, since very few characters had some way to escape it.
It is definitely a nerf but I don't think the entire cast suddenly got an easy counter for it. It's still invincible for 2-3 frames after active frames and it has that vacuum effect. We also don't know how much they shortened its recovery so it may be that he can do it outside of the vacuum's range and still not get punished for it since you can't exactly walk up or jump at him during active frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom