• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

"JUSTIN WONG COME HERE! I need you to do this podcast thing. Stop playing random matches that everyone is enjoying!

Okay so what are, what are, I wanted to ask, what did...what do you think ..."

STG

just watching some of the NEC videos on the justin.tv spooky account

god damn skisonic, that dude gets annoying very fast :lol
he is like the chris tucker of street fighter

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Putting together a text interview with Vryu.. Hit me with any Makoto questions or really anything you want him to answer. :)

STG said:
just watching some of the NEC videos on the justin.tv spooky account

god damn skisonic, that dude gets annoying very fast :lol
he is like the chris tucker of street fighter

yea he does get annoying real fast

Axis

_dementia said:
Hey I got trolled online!
I was playing as Chun against a Ryu who got a life lead and then kept jumping back until he was in the corner and then roflcoptering away to safety with air tatsu until time over. Any way to punish this with Chun Li?

dash twice or thrice->sweep

or trap them in the corner with s.mp/s.rh

You guys ever get trolled by someone you lost to, and when you went back for a rematch they pick Dan thinking you're free? Well in this case, I lost to a flow chart Ken. I got hit by every dragon punch it seems. As you can guess, I was pretty salty and when I got a chance for a immediate rematch, I took it. He picks Dan and immediately he starts off the game with jump back taunt followed by more taunts. I play a little smarter and safer and I take it pretty easily.

Dan trolling is pretty awesome, but only if you're good. Picking him only to get your ass beat just looks stupid.

El Sloth

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
you wont be able to enter but im pretty sure a bunch of us will stay later for casuals so come down anyway

Edit _ I meant sloth.

Dt I think me and naz will be there early so ill save us a spot
Nah, I wouldn't be able to get there 'till 10:30 earliest(assuming everything is fine and dandy with the E) and I'm taking a final tomorrow so I need to get that last bit of cramming in there. Thanks though!

USD

Haneyama was rushing that shit down. Uryo didn't really have an answer to Hazanshu, and got hit by Hazanshu → cr.LK → EX Legs (→ UC2) over and over again. He blocked some of them, but the ones that landed hurt a lot.

Funny, I was expecting Uryo to do well after he completely dominated Haneyama in the first game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Someone knows what happened to arstal?
Is he still a GAF member?

Gr1mLock said:
nyc gaf, were throwing a tournament in the city tomm (wednesday) at 8 bit and up on the corner of st marks and 2nd ave. we are expecting a pretty good turnout with quite a few top players. It will be streamed as well. Just wanna extend an invitation to all. Come down itll be good times. Festivities start around 6ish.

aw shit :-( I am at NYC w/my gf right now. We were at St. Marks last night (ate at Crooked Tree). I'm heading back home tonight, wished that tourney was a day eariler. I passed by the game shopped...looked really cool from outside (playing SFIV on the screen in front of the window, hehe)...but I didn't go in.

XenoRaven

Lost Fragment said:
Yeah, people talk about how bad that match is supposed to be for Chun, but she wins it if she can stay in Viper's face.
No tier list has any matchup for Chun listed as anything worse than 6-4, but I think the Cammy and Viper matchups aren't nearly as bad as the Rufus and Akuma matchups. Viper's still not a good fight, but she can get into her zoning game if she gets within a certain range. Especially if she can push Viper to the corner.

I don't get to watch many Japanese tournaments, but when I do, I'm always amazed at how good their Chuns are. I don't think anyone in America can really play to her potential. We have like two decent Chun players and one isn't playing right now. I need to stop watching American tournies to look for Chun players to follow. I should just watch replays of Japanese players to learn things.

yeah, the Japanese Chun players are still a bit better the Chun players in the US. They have tight execution and make good decisions.

I think the best Chun player in the US right now is Ricky Ortiz aand is not even his main, lol. I really like the way Ricky plays Chun Li.

Rocwell

haunts said:
Putting together a text interview with Vryu.. Hit me with any Makoto questions or really anything you want him to answer. :)
I'd like to hear him talk about the Fighting scene in Switzerland
or was that Sweden..?
but for people who just don't know you should probably ask him about his match with Daigo at SVB.

prodystopian said:
Apparently, the Japanese as a whole don't really like arcades.

Can someone post a link when the Haneyama Uryo fight goes up? I missed it live.

My wife and I were in Japan and the arcades were so heavy with smoke, we left earlier than intended. I mostly played VF5 and racing games there and wife played the UFO and photo sticker place a bunch. We both felt we were aging out of the arcade (both of us were 28 at the time) but did love the capsule toy machines. Oh and the machines were expensive to play.

Rocwell

haunts said:
I have a bunch of general questions lined up for V-Ryu but need more Makoto specific stuff... halp!
I dunno how deep you want to delve into character specific details, I don't think you want to get him to repeat a bunch of stuff he already went over on the Makoto forum on SRK. Ask him how he comes up with all those crazy option selects, how he thinks about Makoto's best/worst matchups, tier position, Makoto's most useful tool, her strengths as a character, what makes her unique, why he chose her, what kind of play style will yield the most success, general tips. I'd ask him if he always shares everything with the community or if he holds onto some of that technology for himself :lol

I think this is the kind of stuff that would probably be more interesting to a general audience that doesn't really know anything about the character. If they want information on combos and gimmicks, that stuff is already out there.

Wiseblade

~Devil Trigger~ said:
:lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoLSqASj1kc&feature=related

I actually like the Fuerte matches, sure he makes you act stupid but its fun when you finally get at em

I actually kind of hate the Makoto matchup. She keeps invading my personal space...

haunts said:
I have a bunch of general questions lined up for V-Ryu but need more Makoto specific stuff... halp!

"What's it like being the best Makoto in the world?"

"Are there any players that you look to for inspiration?"

"What is an average Training room session for V-Ryu?"

"To anybody looking to pick up Makoto tomorrow, what advice do you have for them?"

"Are the any players in the world you'd really like to fight?"

"If you had to sum up Makoto in a single word, what would it be?"

"That guy Wiseblade... He's so cool, right?"

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
SephirothRK said:
That would have been badass if Uyro landed that ultra at the end.

Does that even work with Viper? I know it's hard to do that with Makoto even, and Makoto's forward dash/U1 are both faster.

Wouldn't ex seismo catch trip guard too, or is it too slow?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
haunts said:

Why is his name V-Ryu and he uses Makoto?

In general news. Seems to be a lot of hating going on. Even amongst people you wouldn't expect. Those people stay free.

There is a article(or blog?) about Tokido, he's in Australia right now preparing for the Shadoloo Showdown tournament that's happening over there. They talk about a lot of cool stuff and their impressions of Tokido.

http://beingascrub.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/picking-up-tokido/

But no, there is more. Apparently Tokido is also signed by some California clothing company called "The Traveling Circus"

http://www.shadowloo.com/?p=3490

He gets his own shirt to like Daigo
l_1a5996db3f684927825948ac49620513.jpg

l_787bb3a2a5444062b197b0709c02317e.jpg
:lol

Kadey said:
In general news. Seems to be a lot of hating going on. Even amongst people you wouldn't expect. Those people stay free.
Kadey wins the award for most cryptic post ever.

Maybe V-Ryu got his name from the SFA character and -ism

edit: That Tokido shirt is hideous and overdone. I visited the Traveling Circus website and saw more of the ilk.

Lost Fragment said:
Does that even work with Viper? I know it's hard to do that with Makoto even, and Makoto's forward dash/U1 are both faster.

Pretty sure it works if timed correctly but this is Uryo. He likes crazy stuff.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
_dementia said:
Kadey wins the award for most cryptic post ever.

Maybe V-Ryu got his name from the SFA character and -ism

edit: That Tokido shirt is hideous and overdone. I visited the Traveling Circus website and saw more of the ilk.

Just thinking about it makes me wonder sometimes about what this community really is. It's like getting into politics and I really hate politics on the surface.

Anyway, yeah. I think that may be the explanation. People say V-Ryu and here I am thinking he's Ryu user until I found out more specifics about him.

Shirts. Now that I have the resources to do so, I can make any shirt and jacket I want. I'm going to make myself that cartoon Tokido murderface shirt. :D

Rice-Eater said:
There is a article(or blog?) about Tokido, he's in Australia right now preparing for the Shadoloo Showdown tournament that's happening over there. They talk about a lot of cool stuff and their impressions of Tokido.

http://beingascrub.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/picking-up-tokido/

wow, really nice article! I enjoyed reading it....

but about that Ryu OS...

Do F, D, DF dp motion, hit B and then punch.

what the hell is 'B'?

Threi

notag
Kadey said:
Yeah there was a study the other day which found that there has been a rise in haters as of late.

Fortunately haters are easy to point out, they have a tendency to hate.

Axis

Lost Fragment said:

if uryo would've focused the IOH and dashed forward it would've hit but i'm not sure he had the health to do it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom