• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocwell

_dementia said:
Thanks, I assumed UC2 would help, but unfortunately I was running with UC1 to use as an anti-fireball (and I always do so against shotos), but the nj.HK sounds like good advice!
Oh man I was super salty.
Not a chun main myself but it just occurred to me that if you're in range s. hk also works really well at stuffing jumps and making them think twice about trying to escape if they're crouching in the corner.

cHaotix8

PhatSaqs said:
Cant wait to see the Akuma nerfs. F RH negative on block would be grand :D

The second hit already whiffs on a good chunk of the cast. He whiffs that on Dudley and he's eating 350+ damage.

Not sure why everyones' so keen on nerfs. The only thing I felt that really needed nerfing was Honda's damage, Abel command grab damage, damage on Fuerte's U2 (Whiff punish normals hella easy for 500 damage) and Bison's standing RH (which I felt was handled appropriately). Everything else feels like too much.

USD

black_vegeta said:
Any word on when the NEC matches will posted?

I missed the whole thing. :(
If you're talking solely about SSFIV, Sp00ky has most of it archived on his Justin.tv channel (along with some Guilty Gear and Melty Blood footage):

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/videos

dragonballjoseph said:
Some characters' backdashes are airborn. So it would hit.
They're revising all character's backdashes to be uniform. Right after the invincibility frames of the backdash, the character is airborne, so it should work on all characters in AE.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Lost Fragment said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyDBI3_QRUc

Only works on characters that have backdashes that don't take them very far. Off the top of my head: Abel, shotos, Rufus, Gief, Cody (beats wakeup ex zonk too iirc), probably several others.

But 99.9% of people online never backdash on wakeup. Ever.

got any tips for fools who walk back / back dash after everything? seems like chun can just walk backwards and shes always out of range.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
haunts said:
got any tips for fools who walk back / back dash after everything? seems like chun can just walk backwards and shes always out of range.

f+mp, sweep. Or f+hk. That move's like -8 or -9 or something ridiculous, but people generally don't expect it if you use it sparingly. Dash into backthrow can also be good sometimes.

Failing all that, I look at it like a minor victory if I can just keep making them walk backwards without taking a lot of damage.

But yeah, overall, I have trouble with characters that have fast walkspeed/good dashes too. So if you figure anything better, let me know.

Rocwell

you can try throwing out a cr lk xx lp hayate on occasion if you catch them guarding your blockstrings standing. In theory if you can catch them with a dash into throw you could probably dash cr. lk xx hayate too. Probably about as risky if blocked as f + hk for less reward though :\

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Rocwell said:
you can try throwing out a cr lk xx lp hayate on occasion if you catch them guarding your blockstrings standing. In theory if you can catch them with a dash into throw you could probably dash cr. lk xx hayate too. Probably about as risky if blocked as f + hk for less reward though :\

I just like the cr.lk without the hayate personally because lp hayate is 0 frames on hit, really unsafe on block unless you space it, and doesn't do a lot of damage unless you have super or something. At least with the cr.lk alone, you have frame advantage and you're in a better position to go for a mixup or something.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
getting that FP xx hayate cancel, mp xx ex oroshi shit down. saw peeps using it in video but didnt know it was so boss until the other day.

Dartastic

haunts said:
getting that FP xx hayate cancel, mp xx ex oroshi shit down. saw peeps using it in video but didnt know it was so boss until the other day.
Might as well also ask about cancels... I don't use them, I probably should. Just like Option Selects. Seriously, I need to put time in the lab. I play too casual, and since I play pretty much online only, I haven't felt the need. Hopefully that'll change when AE comes out. Hah. What cancel is the best? Is there one I should consistently be using over others, and how situational are they? I'll definitely watch that V-Ryu video later... Right now I'm pretending to write something for a final with my team. I don't really have much else to do so instead I'm typing here. Hah. :p

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dartastic said:
Might as well also ask about cancels... I don't use them, I probably should. Just like Option Selects. Seriously, I need to put time in the lab. I play too casual, and since I play pretty much online only, I haven't felt the need. Hopefully that'll change when AE comes out. Hah. What cancel is the best? Is there one I should consistently be using over others, and how situational are they? I'll definitely watch that V-Ryu video later... Right now I'm pretending to write something for a final with my team. I don't really have much else to do so instead I'm typing here. Hah. :p

I play a bootsy ass 3s makoto in SSF4 so dont take this for gospel... What I do is use the option select.com technique, by hitting mp or fp, then QCF into Throw, holding Throw until the cancel comes out. From here I mean you can do a lot of stuff depending on the spacing. I go for S. Lk xx EX Oroshi a lot tbh but others may have some other follow ups.

jlai said:
haunts, accept my friend request and lets play some mak mirrors :(

ok, i didnt know who that was. thx

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man I'm happy with the changes for Dee Jay, he REALLY needed them considering how he good he was in ST. One of the things I like the most is the change in his dash - dash Ultra is a bitch and a half to do with how his dash is now, if it really does make it easier, as in, to be able to land that 100%, I'll be fucking ecstatic. And I'm already happy with what I see otherwise.

Hakan looking real good too - finally. I forgot how to play him since I dropped him like a rock, tried using him last night in casuals and couldn't do much with him anymore.

Good to know that thanks to the leak, I don't have to get mad about Bison's U2 motion changing to charge and nothing much else changing.

But again, fuck yeah Dee Jay.

Lost Fragment said:
So since we're all talking about Makoto, Vryu put up a new video today. Pretty boss.

Boss indeed, especially those combos against Balrog and Akuma - damn.

Aumann

Ok guys hope someone answers this for me. For the replayer trophy where you have to watch 30 replays do you have to watch the whole replay or can you press start and skip to the second/last round? Its a lot faster that way and would suck if you had to watch the whole match.

Rocwell

Aumann said:
Ok guys hope someone answers this for me. For the replayer trophy where you have to watch 30 replays do you have to watch the whole replay or can you press start and skip to the second/last round? Its a lot faster that way and would suck if you had to watch the whole match.
Just go to one of the replay channels and leave your ps3 on while you go grocery shopping or whatever.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
i've done st. jab > Ultras on Chun in practice mode, and ever since then, i've been fishing for this shit on Chun's online:lol ,

Have'nt landed it yet :(

Degen

Nothing says "welcome home" like a useless yet mandatory firmware update as soon as I sign in to my PSN account. It has the nerve to be slow, too...

in the words of cervantes from lol calibur 2: GROOOOOAN

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
nyc gaf, were throwing a tournament in the city tomm (wednesday) at 8 bit and up on the corner of st marks and 2nd ave. we are expecting a pretty good turnout with quite a few top players. It will be streamed as well. Just wanna extend an invitation to all. Come down itll be good times. Festivities start around 6ish.

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
Justin rocking the Madcatz shirt instead of an EG one

l
I'm guessing wolfkrone knocked the bronze highlights out his hair from their first match at NEC turning him into this satsui no hadou justin.

El Sloth

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
nyc gaf, were throwing a tournament in the city tomm (wednesday) at 8 bit and up on the corner of st marks and 2nd ave. we are expecting a pretty good turnout with quite a few top players. It will be streamed as well. Just wanna extend an invitation to all. Come down itll be good times. Festivities start around 6ish.
Goddammit, all the SF related stuff in this city seems to happen on wednesdays. :( <-Has classes from 11 a.m. - 9:20 p.m.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Gr1mLock said:
Got alot of shit to do, im gonna try to make it around 5ish for warm-up, as i learned last time, i cant get an axkick out without an warm up.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
you wont be able to enter but im pretty sure a bunch of us will stay later for casuals so come down anyway

Edit _ I meant sloth.

Dt I think me and naz will be there early so ill save us a spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom