• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Gyrian said:
Correct on all counts.
In a way, a natural extension of how we'd been playing over PSN GAF as of late.
We could have another go in the last weekend of July. Take a little time to better prepare.
1st of august?

ill be contributing a prize this time. :p cant just let you and gib have all the fun!

cHaotix8 said:
Even Dan? Sorry man but this just isn't true. You may place top 16 or 8 in a tournament but you'll never win or be the best using bottom tier in SSIV.

Wow, you are a really negative person. Vega is bottom tier and players have won tournaments against Vanilla Sagat, a much tougher match up. Just fucking practice man. Who gives a shit about tiers and paper says? Half the battle is a mental game, the rest is skill.

BotoxAgent said:
lol, yeah. Actually, that's one of the reasons why I started learning Cammy. When I joined Farm's GAF tourney last year, I noticed a lot of chuns and I hate mirrors....so I decided to learn Cammy as an alt. :D

I ended up not fighting a single chun in that tourney anyway though, lol. Got eliminated pretty quick.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I can't play Chun mirrors. It's like they know everything I'm gonna do and get some sort of mental block :lol

riceandbeans said:
Yeah, I'm the same way. I can't play Chun mirrors. It's like they know everything I'm gonna do and get some sort of mental block :lol
it feels like in most of my chun mirrors, my opponent will take a perfect round :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wtf is up with your avatar _dementia... :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, I suck at this game. Just as Razor210 and a few others on PSN. :lol

I know the moves (as I've played Street Fighter's before) but I just can't pull them off constantly with the PS3 pad (and I'd do worse with a fighting stick, so in before that recommendation).

Cody's apparently bad? That's a shame, as he's the only new character that looked interesting to me. :( Guess I'll learn Chun's ultras and try to get better with Akuma (LOL LOW HEALTH THOUGH) and Ken/Ryu (FLOWCHARTS, ZOMG). :(

Wiseblade

TheSeks said:
Man, I suck at this game. Just as Razor210 and a few others on PSN. :lol

I know the moves (as I've played Street Fighter's before) but I just can't pull them off constantly with the PS3 pad (and I'd do worse with a fighting stick, so in before that recommendation).

Cody's apparently bad? That's a shame, as he's the only new character that looked interesting to me. :( Guess I'll learn Chun's ultras and try to get better with Akuma (LOL LOW HEALTH THOUGH) and Ken/Ryu (FLOWCHARTS, ZOMG). :(

Only if you get hit. :p

But seriously, main whoever you like. Everyone in the cast is ususable and can perform respectably in tournaments (including Dan!), so don't feel like because forum poster #4230937 said character Y has bad footsies.

Hugbot

Leunam said:
I think that's Joseph Gordon Levitt.
One time I read an interview where someone referred to him as "Joe" and I was confused since I figured everyone always used his full name all the time.

Anyway I started trying out some stuff with DeeJay over the weekend and it was awesome. I played him alot in 2, but hadn't really touched him too much since, but I had a great time playing him again. Might start working on him on the side.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wiseblade said:
Only if you get hit. :p

But seriously, main whoever you like. Everyone in the cast is ususable and can perform respectably in tournaments (including Dan!), so don't feel like because forum poster #4230937 said character Y has bad footsies.

I'm never going to be that level. :lol I actually haven't played online except for a few GAF rounds. I know I'm going to get a ton of "YOU SUCK, LOSER" messages over PSN from my horrible play so I'm trying to avoid it.

I will say the game is worth the $34 I paid with the replay channel alone. I love watching matches. Playing them... not so much. :lol

Imm0rt4l

I haven't seen Mago play any Gouken at all lately, I think its safe to say he dropped him, or did I miss him play him on the stream?

mikeeb13

Banned
75a62bc4fe41fcb62108c4b7748aa695.jpg

zon

Imm0rt4l said:
I haven't seen Mago play any Gouken at all lately, I think its safe to say he dropped him, or did I miss him play him on the stream?

I know one top japanese player has dropped gouken from their register, probably Mago then. Can't be that many top japanese players who thought about using him.

mikeeb13 said:
http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/eanadu/large/75a62bc4fe41fcb62108c4b7748aa695.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Heard about this. Was wanting to get some stuff if the designs were good, but I think I'm gonna hold off... :\

Wiseblade

I miss EuroGAF lobbies. I need to get XBL back again. Although this time off has given me the opportunity to work out a couple of scenarios in traning mode...

Alucrid

Banned
_dementia said:
wash your hands before using it and clean it often or wear gloves then

Yeah, unfortunately I seem to suffer from sweaty palm syndrome exclusively while playing Street Fighter. :lol Oh cool, I finally pulled off an ultra...only took three games. :lol

Ugh, I think I'm just gonna abandon Ibuki. I haven't used her in training in about a month and I drop everything. I can't rely on playing pacman with the Rasengan.

I'll just stick with Dudey, Dhalsim and Ken. My Ken is still pretty shitty right now, and I could work on my instant air teleport setups with Sim. My Dudley's probably the most complete even though I put serious work into him last, but I still have a lot of deficiencies. I need to watch my hit confirms more, find out why I keep getting jet Upper when I want to combo into MGB, and of course gotta keep checking my links.

Practice, practice, practice :D

cHaotix8

God's Beard said:
find out why I keep getting jet Upper when I want to combo into MGB

Shortcuts are retarded. This used to happen to me a lot in the beginning. If you're holding forward, you have to make sure you either let the stick go in neutral or hold back for a bit before doing the half circle motion. This makes doing some combos very difficult.

cHaotix8

God's Beard said:
Isn't the shortcut system what makes a lot of things like instant air teleports and certain option selects possible? I could be completely wrong.

My mistake. I think it's more the large input window for special attacks and supers that mess things up more than the shortcuts themselves. Shortcuts give us the walking 720. But they also give me mk ducking when I just want kidney blow.

That's cool too, though. I dunno, shortcuts create problems in some areas and make the game more interesting in others. I could deal with the input window being toned down, though.

God's Beard said:
Isn't the shortcut system what makes a lot of things like instant air teleports and certain option selects possible? I could be completely wrong.

Pretty sure you can do IAT w/o having to do the SRK shortcut...

Alucrid

Banned
So if my hands/wrists are getting sore, am I doing it wrong or am I just starting to get used to it? Also, I remember a link being posted on beginning with an arcade stick and it showed you different styles of holding the stick...I don't remember where it was though, dunno if it was iplaywinner, srk or something else. Anyone?

Hugbot

Alucrid said:
So if my hands/wrists are getting sore, am I doing it wrong or am I just starting to get used to it? Also, I remember a link being posted on beginning with an arcade stick and it showed you different styles of holding the stick...I don't remember where it was though, dunno if it was iplaywinner, srk or something else. Anyone?
My joystick wrist got really sore at first, but I started holding the top differently (coming more from the side instead of cupping over the top) and it fixed itself. My button wrist only ever hurt if I was resting it in a dumb place, like too close to the buttons so my hand arched.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Alucrid said:
Here is one from eventhubs.com. Hold yo joystick

Kuugrr

Alucrid said:

This video helped me out a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsME37GrqjY

Alucrid said:

It happened to me too, just find a way of holding it so you can pull off any move you need to and you should get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom