• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ARCADE VERSION!

bistromathics said:
You stuff the blanka ball with sakura's cr. hp? or just block it and cr.hp everything else?
Horizontal balls? Crouch fierce him out of it.
Vertical balls? Crouch fierce him out of it.
Cross-ups? Crouch fierce him out of it.
Ultra 1? Crouch fierce him out of it. Many people don't realize this is possible.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
^horizontal one is what i meant...interesting about the U1, but I don't think i'd have the stones to do it. Sakura's U1 will beat blanka's, but it's probably not as soul-crushing as getting normaled out of a desperation-ultra

Yoshichan said:
ARCADE VERSION!
i will hype like this for pc version

Ashkeloth

simtmb said:
Just managed to pull myself out of playing rank before. Played for a couple of hours and lost a ton in very stupid/ridiculous ways.

I'm leaning towards complete hate for this game :lol

I dunno though, i completely love it, then play some online and get absolutely furious. Not a matter whether i win or lose, just some of the ways that i lose drive me completely nuts.

Might give it another go tonight, which could be my final session for a long while.

Ugh, tell me about it. Playing characters without any sort of fireball such as Fei Long or Makoto literally turn matches into game of tag, and when you eventually manage to tag your opponent, you eat a mashed out DP for it =/

I actually had to pick up Gouken as a third character because I was so sick of playing catch instead of actually being able to fight.

Also, I am fucking sick of Ryu players. I don't care how good or bad they are. I have literally just fought 8 Ryus in a row. I still don't understand why everyone and their dog seems to play him outside of him being easy to pick up.

explodet

It was Super Ken Fighter IV for me last night. I think karma was punishing me for playing rushdown Cammy because any time I tried it with Ken I ate repeated fiery shoryukens. Still, leveled her up pretty quickly.

But yeah, I'm sick of fighting Ryu as well, especially since I'm using unfamiliar characters right now. Trying to level up Sagat isn't as painful as I anticipated though, which is nice.

Ashkeloth said:
Ugh, tell me about it. Playing characters without any sort of fireball such as Fei Long or Makoto literally turn matches into game of tag, and when you eventually manage to tag your opponent, you eat a mashed out DP for it =/

I actually had to pick up Gouken as a third character because I was so sick of playing catch instead of actually being able to fight.

Also, I am fucking sick of Ryu players. I don't care how good or bad they are. I have literally just fought 8 Ryus in a row. I still don't understand why everyone and their dog seems to play him outside of him being easy to pick up.
maybe they want to be like daigo

ShinAmano

explodet said:
It was Super Ken Fighter IV for me last night. I think karma was punishing me for playing rushdown Cammy because any time I tried it with Ken I ate repeated fiery shoryukens. Still, leveled her up pretty quickly.

But yeah, I'm sick of fighting Ryu as well, especially since I'm using unfamiliar characters right now. Trying to level up Sagat isn't as painful as I anticipated though, which is nice.
I play ranked with random select...only character I don't have on the board yet is Makoto...though I think I will probably have the most trouble with Viper.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
bistromathics said:
i will hype like this for pc version
I really felt sorry for Japan when I went there and only noticed Vanilla... I had completely forgotten about it :lol

Ysiadmihi said:
Eh I agree with you on U2's faults but I still think FSE is pretty good because of the options it opens up. It would be nice if it wasn't so easy to run away from Juri when it's active though.
What options? you dont have any options if your opponent is running away. nor do you if they can uppercut the fuck out of you. you are still playing their game which isnt a option at all.

Kimosabae

Banned
WHat are the various ways you can force a charge character to lose their charge? Looking at Arturo's posts, he mentioned throwing Bison could screw up his charge.

Degen

@hxa155: I can only imagine.

you: "am I gonna shoot up? am I gonna shoot forward? you don't know ahahahah"
me: get within throwing range plz ;______;

Leunam

Kimosabae said:
WHat are the various ways you can force a charge character to lose their charge? Looking at Arturo's posts, he mentioned throwing Bison could screw up his charge.

I don't think you can screw up a down charge, but if you switch sides with your opponent constantly, you can nullify their back charge. That's what I do with Abel if I knock down a charge character sometimes, I'll just roll around them after a knockdown.

Beezy

Kimosabae said:
Fucking shitty ass crossups. I hate them.

Imm0rt4l

Degen said:
Gouken is the most annoying character to face as Hawk. More annoying than Juri. At least Juri has no health.
You would think this match seems mostly in Goukens favor, but it isn't, its probably the exact opposite. Its just easier than Gief is for gouken, which is a bad matchup but only because people aren't playing t-hawk properly against Gouken. if you get Gouken in the corner and use normals there isn't much Gouken can do to get out of the corner. Walk Forward and ex spire through fireballs to get in once he's in the corner it's hard for gouken to get out of the corner, he tries to jump out and he eats tomahawk buster. Don't jump like a madman.

Pepto

Banned
After a terrible day yesterday my T.Hawk bounced back to 1200 pp. These 4000+ bp Chun-Lis are really giving me trouble.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
bistromathics said:
^horizontal one is what i meant...interesting about the U1, but I don't think i'd have the stones to do it. Sakura's U1 will beat blanka's, but it's probably not as soul-crushing as getting normaled out of a desperation-ultra
found out the hard way that this doesnt work when he lands on top of you...maybe next time i will remember your cr. hp protip, dbjoseph

Beezy said:
Fucking shitty ass crossups. I hate them.
Fucking shitty ass autocorrect. I hate it.

GG @ AZ Greg: vega matchup is much harder than I expected, the scrub Vegas I've fought before weren't much of a problem. Cross Counter was helpful, as was EX MGB on blocked dives, but after a while you stopped diving and sat back on your superior footsies :-(
I've still got a lot to learn. I'm abandoning all my extra characters so I can focus on Dudley and Fei Long. Hopefully that'll increase my knowledge and response time. Thanks for sticking with my friend and I, it's not often we get a chance to fight a really good player. Really shows where the holes are in your game.

Practice, practice, practice. :D

vg260

I don't know why I'm doing this, but I somehow decided to go for the C to shining C achievement and most of the rest. Been picking a character, doing any many trials as I can, beating arcade mode on expert, then going for 1000BP. 19 characters to go. So tough. I'm not skilled enough to pick up a character and quickly blast my way to 1000BP. Best I can do it maybe 1 character per day if I have a lot of time. If I'm lucky I'll be done by October. Was gonna get Blazblue too, so that's gonna throw a wrench in my plans.

simtmb

Hitokage said:
Don't play ranked if you don't have your zen on.

Yeah :( I just kept going after one bad loss (I got 2 straight perfects, then got taunted at constantly. The player then kept jumping around back and forth as if to waste my time. I got annoyed, went aggressive and just ended up playing terribly. Lost 3 straight rounds, all close). When something like this happens (although not always similar :lol ) i feel compelled to keep playing, that then went onto another loss, and it just repeated. Though i don't care about points lol, all totaled a loss of 1100PP.

After i cooled down, several hours ago, i wanted to have another session....i hit 20 straight wins and called it quits. :lol

Ashkeloth said:

:( I feel your pain :lol It's always catch online. Which is a big aspect of ones game that makes me rage hard. Sure you could say, oh I'll take it easy and just try to punish. But when it becomes a complete wait game, as another is jumping around aimlessly, it takes all the fun out of it, and i just end up making poor decisions (they can be way too random!).

With any character, i love to play a complete rush down game, and apply constant pressure. Just wasn't working for me today. I got so down, and was completely off my game that i ended up not teching a single grab to just throwing out random Ultras, failing charges and all else. Yet i kept playing...sigh.

Also, i believe I've fought 16 straight Ryu's before. Guess count but definitely over a dozen straight. It's a nuisance as i like variety and generally...i never quite vs a good one. They all seem to have habits dependent on the character i use.

For example, if i use Bison, for 99% of the match, the Ryu player constantly does j.HK back and forth. Others will jump over me repeatedly (i often punish them for it tho)...until they throw out a random DP etc.

But hey, its online and its rank, sure it upsets me, but like others, i have found some exceptional players on there, but most of it is others showing complete disrespect :lol

In the end, i guess i can only blame my attitude towards the game.

kiryogi said:
It seems like late night is dead or something D: I hop on to play and see nobody. Then I go play Xenoblade or something :/
It's not dead, I've been a lightweight recently, been pretty tired and going to sleep at like 1 instead of 4. Tue-Thurs is always full, Fri. has been hit or miss lately. Sat. Sun. Is always packed. Monday is kinda slow as well....

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
God damn...err... Gods beard :I!

You've got me hooked on Duds, Balrog is not happy!

Granted I only played like 5 matches with him, but still.

;D

<3

kiryogi

Banned
EraldoCoil said:
It's not dead, I've been a lightweight recently, been pretty tired and going to sleep at like 1 instead of 4. Tue-Thurs is always full, Fri. has been hit or miss lately. Sat. Sun. Is always packed. Monday is kinda slow as well....
Sun is a lie. I was on around 1 and didn't see a soul D:

Ashkeloth said:

Because this game is balanced like shit, create a god like character practically no weakness, and they wonder why 99% of players pick the same character. It just defeats the purpose of a fighting game

GamerSoul

I finally got online yesterday for the first time with Super and my fist couple of experiences were pretty bad. Lost to a crappy Lei Fang, another Sakura in a mirror match, and got raped to a crazy ass Adon with like over 9000 BP/PP. The lobbies are pretty cool though, it remined of Soul Calibur's but I was just really wanted to play. I decided to play ranked for the rest of the night with the other noob players and I did pretty great..won 5-6 straaight with my Sakura (til I lost to Hakan's randomness) and I was holding my own against the other players in my low rank. lol. Its a start. I was messing up a bit but it was my nerves and being to anxious.

Also played a bit of Ibuki online too for like 3 matches went 2-1 (lost to a better Ibuki) :lol I love being noob status.

Ducarmel

meh I main Gief the only fighters i have huge problems facing are a good sim or akuma player. Sim it just so damn difficult to get close to him when he uses his long arms or kicks. Akuma is just a freaking chore and extremem patience to dodge all those fireballs and when you finally get close to him he teleports.

anyway off topic

Of all the people I played 71% avoid to play with me in SFIV :lol this is gfw I dont own SSFIV yet

Anybody else experience this.

YakiSOBA

Hey guys, how can I join SSF4 GAF on PSN chat? I'm on mostly at nights (EST) and would love to get some matches in with you guys.

Instructions please! :)

LakeEarth

GamerSoul said:
The lobbies are pretty cool though, it remined of Soul Calibur's but I was just really wanted to play.
Set up a 2-player max lobby and you never have to stop playing! It takes a while for someone to join, but when you do I usually get a nice gaming session out of it.

Rocwell

EraldoCoil said:
Shout outs to Kiry and Roc, just because I haven't seen them in a while and I miss them.

<3
Yeah, my 60gig YLOD about a week and a half ago and I've been scrounging up the cash to get a new slim. Luckily my B-day is this week so I can harass friends and family for dat fite munnay.

Been a rough month for electronics at my house, as my hdd died last month too. :\

AZ Greg

Ken Masters said:
Because this game is balanced like shit, create a god like character practically no weakness, and they wonder why 99% of players pick the same character. It just defeats the purpose of a fighting game

:lol

I understand Ryu fatigue, but based on some of the things you guys are complaining about, you should probably be looking at your own play.

GamerSoul

LakeEarth said:
Set up a 2-player max lobby and you never have to stop playing! It takes a while for someone to join, but when you do I usually get a nice gaming session out of it.

As long as someone shows up eventually.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Boxer headbutt spam is awesome....except vs Honda :\

Nothing like scaring them Ken/Ryu/Akuma players who throw fireball spam while I laugh past em and...it's the easy way to build meter

I did accomplish to get Rog to C+ on both consoles. Getting both to B will take me a few weeks.

ShinAmano

2&2 said:
I don't know why I'm doing this, but I somehow decided to go for the C to shining C achievement and most of the rest. Been picking a character, doing any many trials as I can, beating arcade mode on expert, then going for 1000BP. 19 characters to go. So tough. I'm not skilled enough to pick up a character and quickly blast my way to 1000BP. Best I can do it maybe 1 character per day if I have a lot of time. If I'm lucky I'll be done by October. Was gonna get Blazblue too, so that's gonna throw a wrench in my plans.
Yeah I will eventually get that...the trials are another story...and the 10 ranked wins in a row has eluded me thus far.

Ken Masters said:

er, Ryu is god like? He's been toned down pretty hard.

The way most scrub Ryu's play is definitely annoying and not fun to play but most of the time Ryu scrubs = free points! :)

The way most of them play tag is so obvious that it's easy to catch them in the air and scare them

Degen

More people pick Ryu/Ken/Akuma because they're easy to understand on a basic level. Almost every character in the game is well-equipped to absolutely destroy all three of them if used properly.

2San

So haven't played SF in ages(when I played it was pretty casual). Bought SSF4(my nephew is staying at my house we like playing fighters) getting the SF4pad tomorrow. From the little I have played the game is hard. :| And the XBOX 360 controller is pretty much worthless. So any tips on starting? I'm having a hard time even beating the game on normal. >__> I'm leaning towards Ibuki. So I'm even having trouble linking up simple combo's that involve crouching and attacks that have the dragon punch motion(am I bad or is it the 360 controller?). I can do pretty much anything if it isn't in a combo though.

Getting Tekken 6 to play with my nephew, this game is worthless for casual fun it seems. o_____O I am keeping SSF4 for myself to play online though

ShinAmano

2San said:
So haven't played SF in ages(when I played it was pretty casual). Bought SSF4(my nephew is staying at my house we like playing fighters) getting the SF4pad tomorrow. From the little I have played the game is hard. :| And the XBOX 360 controller is pretty much worthless. So any tips on starting? I'm having a hard time even beating the game on normal. >__> I'm leaning towards Ibuki. So I'm even having trouble linking up simple combo's that involve crouching and attacks that have the dragon punch motion(am I bad or is it the 360 controller?). I can do pretty much anything if it isn't in a combo though.

Getting Tekken 6 to play with my nephew, this game is worthless for casual fun it seems. o_____O I am keeping SSF4 for myself to play online though
Once you get the pad just try running through the trials...but don't worry about difficulty just yet as you will be fighting your nephew.

My buddies has twins that come over and SF is pretty much the only game I have that they can jump into and have fun with...they will play for hours while we watch and laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom