• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
SephirothRK said:
ggs that was pretty scary how panda's hakan play. Sometimes I get pressure so bad I get headache, especially the wakeup game. Very frustrating.
dude you terrified me a few times.
i only landed HP360 f.HP HP360 once but you dodged all other attempts. total download of my most damaging mixup. :\

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
bistromathics said:
:lol bit harsh

Oh, don't worry. He's one of those "fighting game master-san" elitist fucks that have to insult new players and try to make them cry and leave to make himself feel better.

It's been a while since I've played a fighting game. I wanted to make sure I was reading the screen right. Stupid me for bringing it up.

dont give up seks, it doesn't take long before the timing is part of muscle memory and the payoff is great when you start winning matches because you are a better player.

If only I was ever going to be at a good level. I have only played fighters casually. I think the only series I've ever gotten into is the Vs. series and that's mostly because it's QCF/HCF, B's and doesn't require too much thinking/strategy/counting frames in casual/friendly play. You can "be good" in the vs series and not know too much. Street's a different beast, and the only one I've played more than a few times is 2/2:Championship Edition (or whatever the Genesis one is). But yeah, I doubt I'll ever be good at the genre. It's one I enjoy playing, but will never ever be great at.

I think I should just resort to watching replays whenever the mood for Super Street 4 takes me and stick to other games for actual play. :lol

I think people are misunderstanding how you use frame data. You don't "count frames" to react to things, you know the frames so you know what you're options are.

For example, I know with cammy that if I do a close st. mp, i'm at +2 on block, so I know that if the other player is gonna mash jab or another normal, I can beat it out with a throw since that's a 3 frame startup, meaning there will be only a 1 frame gap between the st. mp and the throw, and since no normal moves in the game are less than 3 frames, I'll win every time.

I want to stress again that you're not reacting, it's a "read" you make and apply the appropriate knowledge. Once you know that the other player likes to mash on that jab, then a throw after a close st. mp on block is free since you know it'll beat the jab, proven so by the frame data.

There's other ways you can apply that frame data (such as counterhit setups from frame advantage), that's just an example.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Anyone here in PSN chat play SSF4 in SD? I saw a video posted by Seph with a SD capture card and the chat bubble take up so much of the screen. I figure that's why people leave the room if there's too much text flying around.
Me, But I have my display setting as 16:9 instead of 4:3...the chat box only covers the character face on the player 2 side..I recommend this setting plus this makes the XMB looks better imo.. :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
you guys leave my hakan alone!

but here's a handy guide to frame data:
is it +0 or more on block? yay do it.
can it be made +0 or more via links or cancels? yay do it.
if the above is true, does it startup quickly? yes? yay do it.
if it doesn't start up quickly, does it have enough active frames to meaty into something special? yes? yay do it on opponents wakeup or a reset.

its hard to measure out punishes with frame data because distance and number of hits can be a large contributing factor.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just actually had a Hakan mirror in ranked...I'm now glad people rarely play him so I can avoid that fight as much as possible. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Papercuts said:
I just actually had a Hakan mirror in ranked...I'm now glad people rarely play him so I can avoid that fight as much as possible. :lol
wakingup hakan always wins! its madness!

54-46!

Joining session.. Unable to join session, search again? ... Searching again... Joining session.. Unable to join session, search again? ... Searching again... Joining session.. Unable to join session, search again? ... Searching again... Joining session.. Unable to join session, search again? ... Joining session - YES!! I'M IN, LET'S PLAY! *opponent picks Ken*

RAGEQUIT.

Articate

Banned
54-46! said:
Joining session.. Unable to join session, search again? ... Searching again... Joining session.. Unable to join session, search again? ... Searching again... Joining session.. Unable to join session, search again? ... Searching again... Joining session.. Unable to join session, search again? ... Joining session - YES!! I'M IN, LET'S PLAY! *opponent picks Ken*

RAGEQUIT.

..I pick Ken :(

54-46! said:

RAGEQUIT.

Make your own lobby.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DarkoMaledictus said:
Thanks for the games psn gaf! Panda should of brough more Hakan goodness :)! Maybe next time! Good games Eraldo_Coild and Kyryogi! Fun times!
but then i couldnt kick you in the face. :p

NeoGIF

Kotaku: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Welcoming New Challengers?

500x_sf1.jpg

It's not talking about the characters added to the console version - like Dudley - because those are already pictured.

What's more, the Japanese text splashed across the front of the statement isn't a question. It says something along the lines of "The Appearance Of New Challengers!
"

Rufus

Unfortunate ambiguity, I think. It could also mean "here are these new challengers, pictured above". Don't get your hopes up.

Rufus said:
Unfortunate ambiguity, I think. It could also mean "here are these new challengers, pictured above". Don't get your hopes up.

I agree, it could also just mean new challengers for the arcade version - who weren't included last time plus the recent new additions. But I'm still hopefull of maybe a few new characters, stages and some character re balancing like the rumour from a few weeks ago suggested.

Kimosabae

Banned
I REALLY don't think this game needs more characters. 36(?) is too many already, IMO. Not to mention the fact there's going to be a new avalanche of fighting games initiated by Capcom.

Joekage

Dizzy-4U said:
I've been picking Cody lately. Say, any high level Cody matches or players that i should watch?

Chris Hu's Cody is decent but honestly look up Ryan Hunter. His match videos are at option-select.com and he has a great tutorial for cody players which will provide some invaluable information for you to learn.

Sabr3's Cody is really nice, seen him in action at EVO when he perfected Buk, but he doesn't have alot of informative videos besides his concept video and a couple of matches against some local dudes. Ryan Hunter is much more accessible when it comes to actual match videos and tutorials.

Papi

Kimosabae said:
I REALLY don't think this game needs more characters. 36(?) is too many already, IMO. Not to mention the fact there's going to be a new avalanche of fighting games initiated by Capcom.
Yeah. There's already enough. They should get rid of useless characters, such as Juri.

Dizzy-4U

Ryan Hunter and Sabre (Is this the Sakura player?). Oki doki. I haven't been to option-select in a while but their Ibuki tutorial was awesome. I'll go check it out now.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Kimosabae said:

Anyone else think that if they release more fighters so quickly that history will just repeat itself again? Just end up flooding the market again.

Nose Master

Solid_Rain said:
Unbelievable. Here I am trying to master one frame links like an idiot :lol

have a friend who plays like that locally. Best part is, he gives other people advice on their playstyles :lol

Kimosabae

Banned
Kintaro said:
Anyone else think that if they release more fighters so quickly that history will just repeat itself again? Just end up flooding the market again.

I mentioned this in the Capcom at Comicon thread and I got responses like: "It doesn't matter as long as the fans have something to play"

SMH

Kintaro said:
Nah, they're just striking while the iron's hot. I don't expect the fighting revival to last forever, regardless of how many games in this genre have been released in this three year window.

Leunam

Nose Master said:
have a friend who plays like that locally. Best part is, he gives other people advice on their playstyles :lol

"I don't see you doing enough 360s. I mean, I know you play Balrog, but you really need to work that stick bro."

Here's an interesting question that my mates were discussing while playing Super the other night: Which new SSF4 characters (if any) do you guys think will endure and become series regulars?

Threi

notag
Nose Master said:
Yeah my friend comments to other people that they should wakeup (as in wakeup ultra) more often to win matches.

Hugbot

APZonerunner said:
Here's an interesting question that my mates were discussing while playing Super the other night: Which SSF4 characters (if any) do you guys think will endure and become series regulars?
Hopefully not Rufus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom