• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobs34

Yikes, four of the top five characters in that tier list are characters that I play with on a regular basis, then there is DeeJay. I always thought I was taking it easy on people by picking Honda, but it's hard to disagree that he is a great character. His command grab, EX Headbutt (as an anti air), and normals are all devastating and his cross-up can give people fits. Not to mention that some people have no idea what to do with sumo-smash shenanigans.

vissione

Banned
Brobzoid said:
If I remember correctly from the days of Vanillia chattin' anyone could invite.

Yes anyone can, I've invited myself from one PSN account (my old one) to my new one. Just post your PSN ID someone will invite you... :lol Can't really help you without it.

Morris

Disco Devil
the_log_ride said:
'Sim vs Guile is 7-3 in 'Sim's favor? Eh..

Floyd. You up for some matches? I need help w/ my matchups against Abel and Duds. Hit me up.

Sure thing man!

I'll wait for you on the chat.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
~Devil Trigger~ said:
so awesome

hey how come he always gets the jabs in after he blocks your slide?
the spacing was not perfect thats why. has to be perfect to be safe

Hugbot said:
Speaking of Gamerbee, did they ever upload the Salty Suite MMs/Tourney vids?
still being edited by machinima

hitsugi

noneofexion said:
Also is my Vanilla main Chun now considered, according to their list (not de facto, again, I know) the best character in the game with Honda? I thought Akuma reigned here...

Not when he gets hit twice and loses. He's fun and has a lot of tricks, but if you mess anything up or eat a random DP the match can swing out of your favor regardless of how huge of a life lead you have.

No one's gonna argue how good Honda (a character that is effective just by sitting there) is.

Also that T.Hawk vid posted a page or two ago is amazing. 16k BP yeeaaaahh online

vg260

hitsugi said:
Not when he gets hit twice and loses. He's fun and has a lot of tricks, but if you mess anything up or eat a random DP the match can swing out of your favor regardless of how huge of a life lead you have.

No one's gonna argue how good Honda (a character that is effective just by sitting there) is.

Also that T.Hawk vid posted a page or two ago is amazing. 16k BP yeeaaaahh online

I think there are gonna be a lot of new Honda's popping up online. I just payed as him last night as I'm going leveling up each character to 1000BP and hit it with him surprisingly quickly without any time spent on him in SFIV or Super. Some of the harder characters to use took me a lot longer. His damage is pretty crazy.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Why is sakura's U2 sposed to be hot shit? Playing the mixup game, having a big damage U1 to finish the fight or put the opponent on notice (as well as a sweet dashup->throw position after the animation) is wayyy better than a meterless, ass damage setup or awkward AA U2, imo.

bistromathics said:
Why is sakura's U2 sposed to be hot shit? Playing the mixup game, having a big damage U1 to finish the fight or put the opponent on notice (as well as a sweet dashup->throw position after the animation) is wayyy better than a meterless, ass damage setup or awkward AA U2, imo.

Because despite any damage increase on it, it's still shitty. It scales horribly (still), it's slow (still), has terrible recovery if missed/blocked (still) and has few setups. U2 is far more versatile in every way but damage.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
hikarutilmitt said:
Because despite any damage increase on it, it's still shitty. It scales horribly (still), it's slow (still), has terrible recovery if missed/blocked (still) and has few setups. U2 is far more versatile in every way but damage.
cr. hp->ex tatsu->U1 does 503 damage. mixups is all sak has...to have 503 damage waiting for someone with a reset and 1 bar has been way more valuable to me than the "versatility" of U2.

most setups for U2 are off dp...the best setup i can imagine (havent used it or anything) is AA full/mid screen dp -> U2. when do you use U2 and when has it saved your ass?

noneofexion said:
To Juri players: U1 (potential damage, mindgame potential) or U2 (direct damage)?
good players will stuff both, but what have you found more success with?

To non-Juri players: what scares you more? :D

this
0.jpg
or this
0.jpg
I spoke on this a ton. u2. > u1

depths20XX

noneofexion said:
Also is my Vanilla main Chun now considered, according to their list (not de facto, again, I know) the best character in the game with Honda? I thought Akuma reigned here...

I believe the amount of stun Akuma can do was also lowered in super, so a lot of his tricks won't get the quick stun like they used to.

Axis

gg's yesterday killa sasa...glad i got to see cammy in action i'm thinking about picking her up to alt chun li. art, booooooooo! just say no to loli

jacobs34

Axis said:
gg's yesterday killa sasa...glad i got to see cammy in action i'm thinking about picking her up to alt chun li. art, booooooooo! just say no to loli

Foofighter85 here. You do that, and I'll give you all the Rog/Honda training you can handle, ha ha.

Axis

jacobs34 said:
Foofighter85 here. You do that, and I'll give you all the Rog/Honda training you can handle, ha ha.

haha, i'm starting up a room if you wanna follow through with that...will gladly take the rog/cammy practice since that's her worst matchup =/

cHaotix8

noneofexion said:
Thanks, I prefer Juri's U2 but wasn't sure if I was missing something. One more question O'gaffers, Ken U1 (MOAR FLAMES DRAGON PUNCH) or U2 (I WILL SPIN KICK YOUR FACE!)? I swear I'm not a flowchart, either.... SRK gets scary if you ask these things sometimes.

I've been messing around Ken recently and I'd love to hear an educated players response to this. I've been using Ultra 1 since I can FADC into it.

Axis

cHaotix8 said:
I've been messing around Ken recently and I'd love to hear an educated players response to this. I've been using Ultra 1 since I can FADC into it.

c.mk->fierce hadouken->fadc->ultra 2 is pretty easy. also an anti-fireball ultra i believe?

jacobs34

Axis said:
haha, i'm starting up a room if you wanna follow through with that...will gladly take the rog/cammy practice since that's her worst matchup =/

I'll be on a bit. Have to finish up with some stuff around my house first.

Axis

jacobs34 said:
I'll be on a bit. Have to finish up with some stuff around my house first.

alright, will be on.

anyone else who wants to play my GT is vexco...starting up a lobby now

cHaotix8 said:
I imagine it would be matchup dependent. If you're against a character you lose fireballs too, use UC2 as a deterrent.

It seems top Kens like Dr. Chaos always use UC1 though.

UC2 is FADCable after Hadou I believe.

edit: beaten

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
Panda's gonna be on this game like the FBI on his hard drive

Hell, if the game is good- I think many of us may end up learning to love the loli.

KOF and VF take priority though.

bistromathics said:
I only used U2 against Akuma, Viper, and Gouken. Basically characters who have a game from the air. People hype U2 because they can't dash ultra 1. And the only set-up exclusive to the ultra is an air tatsu into it in the corner.
And U2 is bad because if you use it someone not near a corner, your opponent is away from you which is never in Sakura's favor.

hitsugi

depths20XX said:
I believe the amount of stun Akuma can do was also lowered in super, so a lot of his tricks won't get the quick stun like they used to.

that and the fact that he can't follow anything up with far HK to go into loops, yeah.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
arcana is a good series. just the company behind it sucks. but with arc doing the port its making me give a second look. I was one of the people that pioneered the arcana scene in the US and qualed for SBO for it. So yeah..get loli? fuck ssf4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom