• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bistromathics said:
cr. hp->ex tatsu->U1 does 503 damage. mixups is all sak has...to have 503 damage waiting for someone with a reset and 1 bar has been way more valuable to me than the "versatility" of U2.

most setups for U2 are off dp...the best setup i can imagine (havent used it or anything) is AA full/mid screen dp -> U2. when do you use U2 and when has it saved your ass?

Having U2 waiting means most people won't even attempt to try a jump. It also means when playing online I don't have to worry about potential lag making me mess up my U1 timing on a combo. I also don't leave myself prone if I use U1 and somehow miss or am blocked. I much prefer the safety of U2 to the potential damage of U1. If it comes down to trying to finish a match I'll use it, but most of the time it limits the other person's options. It's also good for stuffing crossups.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
nycfurby said:
arcana is a good series. just the company behind it sucks. but with arc doing the port its making me give a second look. I was one of the people that pioneered the arcana scene in the US and qualed for SBO for it. So yeah..get loli? fuck ssf4?

I guess this kills you getting into KOF13. You could have done some damage with Athena.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Cowie said:
If the Arcana Heart 3 port is ASW's apology for nerfing the shit out of my loli in BBCS, consider it accepted.

You know she's probably going to be un-nerfed in the post-release balancing?

nycfurby said:
arcana is a good series. just the company behind it sucks. but with arc doing the port its making me give a second look. I was one of the people that pioneered the arcana scene in the US and qualed for SBO for it. So yeah..get loli? fuck ssf4?
yeah I remember that godlike interview you had with that female Arcana player from where you were over there to rep USA

http://www.justin.tv/gytnews/b/258535182
(skip to about 3:33)

I'll check the game out, I play most fightans

SmokeMaxX said:
Talked to Neo (top 16 Juri player at Evo). He said he liked Juri's U1 more, but that was just his opinion.
he likely feels comfortable with the fact that most people wont challenge ultra 1 head on.

Cowie said:
Two apologies, then! But I can't pick up bbcs for a while anyway =(

can you tell me what the fuck is going on in that avatar?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
gutter_trash said:
what EXACTLY are the changes in Honda from vanilla aside from more frames in invuln during EX HB, fly over low tiger HBs and stuff?

less damage on vertical jump fierce

jab headbutt got improved priority also.

What helped Honda vs his bad matchups all got nerfed.

hitsugi

the_log_ride said:
I feel like my whole street fighter world is crumbling with this talk of people leaving for AH... /cries

It's been like 3 people.. :lol

Never played AH but I've been curious..

kiryogi

Banned
Yup! I look forward to BBCS next week. But this time will try and keep up with Super as well unlike last year. The more you play, the more you learn. And more execution practices etc. etc.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
yuimini-1.gif

Was listening to this song while watching this GIF and it went with it way too well. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L05fNl9RtPE

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yes. We should celebrate together. Let's go to Red Lobsters. I want some seafood! Still kinda full though so maybe not for a couple of days.

vocab

kiryogi said:
Yup! I look forward to BBCS next week. But this time will try and keep up with Super as well unlike last year. The more you play, the more you learn. And more execution practices etc. etc.

Same here since I don't enjoy Super at all. Dropping that shit completely.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm running a separate tourney from the randomness tourney for the lower tiered GAF players very soon. Registration thread will be up when something is completed.

I got a 15,000 BP Ryu to rage quit with my 700 BP Dudley today :lol

To be fair, he was actually a pretty solid Ryu that didn't throw fireballs or random uppercuts.
Dudley just does too much damage to handle. That, and he mistakenly tried to toss a meaty fireball. I guess most people don't realize that Corkscrew Cross has fireball invulnerability, I fought a 4500 PP Akuma today that did the same thing. I used it again in the final round against his empty vertical jump, he must have crapped his pants falling on the blender for full ultra.

So far today I haven't lost any matches, which makes me feel a lot better after getting my ass handed to me by Rentahamster and AZ Greg :lol

I feel a lot better being more proactive with my Dudley than usual. I used to be a turtle dudley, but I think Ducking recovers fast enough to be safe in general. I also hit a RH xx Ducking Straight xx Super today for the first time online :D

Imm0rt4l

God's Beard said:
Liquid's got a really solid Dudley and I love the EX Thunderbolt finish, I just hate to see him shit on his damage with the extra hit confirm cLPs :-(
liquids probably my favorite dudley in the states along with Marns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom