• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugbot

riceandbeans said:
More reason why I hate this generation of gaming.
SNES days you'd end up buying like 4 copies if you wanted the newest SF. Charging for costumes is pretty lame though.

Edit: fuuuuuck

Degen

riceandbeans said:
More reason why I hate this generation of gaming.
They could always go the Hyper Super Turbo Edition route and give our bad jokes merit.
That's what all the previous generations did.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
TimeKillr said:
My feeling is that Karakusa was horribly, HORRIBLY nerfed because it's a guaranteed chance to land U1, and if karakusa was too easy to land, you'd run into guaranteed U1 every round, which they want to avoid. :(

Why EX Hayate doesn't go through fireballs I'll never understand though.

That and the idiotic logic:

1- Female? Low hp.
2- Small frame? Low hp.

Makoto needs med to high HP and high damage to be effective - as it is right now, she's a high risk-medium reward character that gets destroyed by everyone else simply because she lacks tools to get in. It's sad. :(
Hm, perhaps it might be better if karakusa was buffed, but the guaranteed combo into ultra was taken out? Or perhaps only karakusa to super to ultra is guaranteed, and make her EX moves more useful so you have to decide if you'd rather to EX moves or save up for super.

LakeEarth

Leunam said:
All taunts in SF3 had an effect.
The one reason why I hate taunts in this game. They're ONLY to taunt with, and can't really be punished.

My fav was Oro's "falling asleep" taunt. While asleep, his stunbar would heal in a flash.

LakeEarth said:
The one reason why I hate taunts in this game. They're ONLY to taunt with, and can't really be punished.

My fav was Oro's "falling asleep" taunt. While asleep, his stunbar would heal in a flash.

I think Fei and Adon have taunts that let them avoid projectiles. Don't know how practical they actually are though.

Nabs

Degen said:
Like I said in that thread, it makes no sense that they'd show MvC3's Trish/Chun/Doom/Skrull at Comic-Con when we now know two newer characters than those four. It makes the entire post questionable.

I think the four new characters are part of the current demo build (on the ustream stream now) but I'm not sure yet. The other two were announced by Marvel, and aren't part of the current build for cap to show off.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I'm happy Alex is in. I'd want to use him for sure.

Would rather have Elena, but I'm sure she'll make it as well.

These next 12 months are going to be great for fighting game fans, though I'm worried about the market getting too crowded.

TimeKillr

Lost Fragment said:
But something to keep in mind with karakusa is that Mak has a lot more options after that than Abel does after tt. So I'm cool with it being a bit more vulnerable than tt. I think it could stand to have a little less recovery though.

More options that don't necessarily lead to more damage, though.

Abel gets an untechable knockdown + big damage on TTs.

Makoto gets.. guaranteed U1, her biggest combo (Super cancel), then what? If she wants an untechable KD, she needs to throw or c.fp. If she wants reliable damage, it's s.fp -> f hayate.. But all of these pale in comparison to the setups that TT gives Abel.

It's sad.

Rentahamster said:
Hm, perhaps it might be better if karakusa was buffed, but the guaranteed combo into ultra was taken out? Or perhaps only karakusa to super to ultra is guaranteed, and make her EX moves more useful so you have to decide if you'd rather to EX moves or save up for super.

If you take U1 out of Karakusa, she has absolutely no comboable ultras whatsoever... Well, okay, U1 can combo off meaty mp oroshi but that is WAAY too situational. U2 is only useful against fireball characters, and U1 becomes a clean punish move only. :(

hitsugi

Holy Order Sol said:
I think Fei and Adon have taunts that let them avoid projectiles. Don't know how practical they actually are though.

Depends on the situation.. I had an Adon taunt flip straight into my demon, so yeah.. :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
TimeKillr said:
If you take U1 out of Karakusa, she has absolutely no comboable ultras whatsoever... Well, okay, U1 can combo off meaty mp oroshi but that is WAAY too situational. U2 is only useful against fireball characters, and U1 becomes a clean punish move only. :(
Okay, how about:

karakusa speed and range buffed

karakusa to ultra removed

EX karakusa to ultra allowed (maybe)

karakusa to super to ultra allowed

buffs on EX moves to force the player to make a choice between EX or super

hayate FADC ultra1 allowed so that she has a comboable ultra.

Also, it kinda seems like Mak's super doesn't put the fear of god into opponents like it should. Maybe if the time durations was lowered a little, but the damage was increased. Plus, make a separate VA recording of all her moves while super is active so that she sounds even more pissed off.

I wonder how they're going to work out the DLC though. Like are they going to split people who have the DLC with those who don't or add em' as an update too so people can learn the matchup? I dunno, I think it's gonna be a little weird.

Threi

notag
Holy Order Sol said:
DeeJay's taunt is actually a part of his kara grab :lol

Hugbot

riceandbeans said:
I wonder how they're going to work out the DLC though. Like are they going to split people who have the DLC with those who don't or add em' as an update too so people can learn the matchup? I dunno, I think it's gonna be a little weird.
Both ways definitely have their problems. You either end up splitting off a chunk of the userbase or you have posts every day about not being able to use a character that is "totally overpowered" because you haven't bought the DLC.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
riceandbeans said:

That's why it won't be DLC. Next March, when the console version is released, they'll add the rest of the SF 2D cast and call it Street Fighter 4 Trilogy.

riceandbeans said:

It would just be a mandatory patch with all of the data and then you buy the keys to unlock them if you so choose. That's how BBCS is doing it and it's the best way to make sure everyone can play with everyone else regardless of whether they've bought the DLC.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
hitsugi said:
I think even another $20 expense this soon would be a turn off for a lot of people.

..but I'd buy it.

however, charging $20 and then charging additional prices for more costumes is where things get out of hand.

I would buy it in an instant! SSF4 is the only game I play... so 20$+ssf4 for my gaming addiction in 1 year aint bad ;)

DasRaven

hikarutilmitt said:
It would just be a mandatory patch with all of the data and then you buy the keys to unlock them if you so choose. That's how BBCS is doing it and it's the best way to make sure everyone can play with everyone else regardless of whether they've bought the DLC.

Yep, they could just add the "stages/rebalance" part for free and drop the new challenger data therein.
They could even grey out the new character screen like they did in store demos to tempt you into buying.

Morris

Disco Devil
GGs Galactic, you got a sick Akuma. I wanted to play more Dudley but I was so salty at all those demons I ate, and instead I went for dat Saltbel :lol

Hope we can play some more ft10s soon!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
TimeKillr said:
More options that don't necessarily lead to more damage, though.

Abel gets an untechable knockdown + big damage on TTs.

Makoto gets.. guaranteed U1, her biggest combo (Super cancel), then what? If she wants an untechable KD, she needs to throw or c.fp. If she wants reliable damage, it's s.fp -> f hayate.. But all of these pale in comparison to the setups that TT gives Abel.

st.fp -> ex oroshi also gives her an untechable knockdown, and is the only known move you can use to reliably set up her meaty cr.lk, which links into st.mp and st.hp and some other fun stuff.

She also has more options from a positioning standpoint. From a lot of places on the screen, she can st.hp -> ex hayate and reset them in the corner with f.lk, which is probably the best tool she has (at the moment) because she has so, so many options off that reset.

TimeKillr said:

Lots of her meaty normals link into u1 too. Most of them are pretty unreliable because it's so hard to hit confirm, but it's not hard at all to confirm off meaty st.hk.

I'm not saying they should make her unable to u1 after karakusa or antyhing, btw. Just sayin'.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Rentahamster said:
Okay, how about:

karakusa speed and range buffed

karakusa to ultra removed

EX karakusa to ultra allowed (maybe)

karakusa to super to ultra allowed

buffs on EX moves to force the player to make a choice between EX or super

hayate FADC ultra1 allowed so that she has a comboable ultra.

Also, it kinda seems like Mak's super doesn't put the fear of god into opponents like it should. Maybe if the time durations was lowered a little, but the damage was increased. Plus, make a separate VA recording of all her moves while super is active so that she sounds even more pissed off.

Why does everyone fiend for FADC > Ultra so much?

edit: If they fix Axe Kick, i'd be landing U1 alot more from it, as it is this shit whiffs in the most ridiculous manner.

while we at it, make U2 faster, if there's anything i miss combo-ing in to..... :(

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
soon right? Right, right? The announcement? 9 BST? The huge megaton they've been teasing for ages ._.

Corky said:
soon right? Right, right? The announcement? 9 BST? The huge megaton they've been teasing for ages ._.
Calling it now, surprise announcement is Alt #2 for the 10 newcomers

or it could be Thor/Ameratsu for Marvel 3 because they were never officially announced

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
_dementia said:
Calling it now, surprise announcement is Alt #2 for the 10 newcomers

or it could be Thor/Ameratsu for Marvel 3 because they were never officially announced

Ono walking on stage at evo with a translator, blabbering on for 5 minutes about this "soon to be announced" thing/game thats going to get people to say " Fuck SSF4, I want THAT" ( at EVO of all places ) . If its anything less than the rumors of the past days ; new vs game, 7 new chars , etc. Then this surely has to be the biggest dissapointathon ...

edit : EVER

Corky said:
Ono walking on stage at evo with a translator, blabbering on for 5 minutes about this "soon to be announced" thing/game thats going to get people to say " Fuck SSF4, I want THAT" ( at EVO of all places ) . If its anything less than the rumors of the past days ; new vs game, 7 new chars , etc. Then this surely has to be the biggest dissapointathon ...

edit : EVER
well as evidenced by Sabin that game he's referencing is obviously Arcana Heart 3

Kimosabae

Banned
-DarKaoZ- said:
Indeed, is like they don't want to do SF5 or something.

I don't want to see SF5 until SSF4 has had a chance to run its competitive course. There's 36 freaking characters and the game hasn't even been out 3 months.

I'm comfy with Capcom waiting at least 2. years before even thinking of SF5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom