• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
If Alex really is in...I'm going to pick him up..hopefully he counters abel lololol
but knowing capcoms history alex will be trash just like he is in EVERY game that he was in..except for TvC (beta arcade version with stun gun loop) and the rebalanced tvc lol :/

wait what am I talking about? I'm quitting SSF4 for AH3 I forgot :)

Oichi: Who's a Reno? Stay free :)

Happy Bday Kadey!

Wallach

nycfurby said:
If Alex really is in...I'm going to pick him up..hopefully he counters abel lololol
but knowing capcoms history alex will be trash just like he is in EVERY game that he was in..except for TvC (beta version with stun gun loop) and the rebalanced tvc lol :/

Happy Bday Kadey!

You hush, Alex is going to be god tier. Dem shoulders.

AZ Greg

BotoxAgent said:
GGs greg.

U played farms? How did u do? U have a ps3 now?

Nah, no PS3. He was on a friend's account. I went about 30-15 against him.

BTW, can Cammy cross-up with her c. spike? Or have I been guessing all this time when I really didn't have to be? :\

nycfurby said:
but knowing capcoms history alex will be trash just like he is in EVERY game that he was in..except for TvC (beta arcade version with stun gun loop) and the rebalanced tvc lol :/

wait what am I talking about? I'm quitting SSF4 for AH3 I forgot :)

Oichi: Who's a Reno? Stay free :)

Happy Bday Kadey!

Are you planning any crazy trips to Japan again?

LowParry

Unleash the Sp00ky!

33v2hpy.jpg

n3spx1.jpg

Thanks Team Sp00ky and Mad Catz!

And Happy Birthday Kadey!

AZ Greg said:

BTW, can Cammy cross-up with her c. spike? Or have I been guessing all this time when I really didn't have to be? :\
Yup.

And with all this talk of Arcana Hearts, I decided to actually see what's the fuss is all about.
I closed the video ten seconds after it started. Saw a girl in a school swimsuit jump in a blob...

Was crazy moe though.

AZ Greg said:

her cannon strikes don't cross up. Even if her strikes hits you and lands behind you...you still have to block front ways. I could be wrong tho, haha

I shouldn't be tellin u this because fighting you is hard enough, lol

dragonballjoseph said:
Yup.

And with all this talk of Arcana Hearts, I decided to actually see what's the fuss is all about.
I closed the video ten seconds after it started. Saw a girl in a school swimsuit jump in a blob...

Was crazy moe though.

Panda dropping SSFIV confirmed

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thank you everyone. :D Hopefully I can spend time with the game today. Waiting for something to get the other tourney going.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
Thank you everyone. :D Hopefully I can spend time with the game today. Waiting for something to get the other tourney going.

Happy Birthday Kadey! :D forget about us here at GAF.. spend your birthday with the finest liquor or something.

..the or something could be spending your birthday with the finest liquor, with us here at GAF >.>

gutabo

First of all: Happy B-day Kadey! Have a great day!

Wow, new thread! Dang, world cup + new job + real life stuff= no SF/gaf for me :( Well I'll attempt a comeback...

Sup to everyone, specially to the people I met at kadey's tourney! GO GO COBRA KAI!!!

farewell PS3 and Gafchat crew!!

PS3 was good to me, and had a good life......i will remember...

R.I.P.

I WILL BE BACK SOON!!!!!!!

*fades off*

EraldoCoil said:

R.I.P.

*fades off*

NoooooooooooooooooOoooooooooooOOooooooooo

I could've sworn you logged on like 2 hours ago

Leunam

EraldoCoil said:

R.I.P.

*fades off*

You never even accepted my friend request you bastard.

gibration

EraldoCoil said:

R.I.P.

*fades off*
"i.... tech'd that throw." LMAO!
GAF chat will never be the same without you. <3

And happy b-day Kadey!

Oh man Alex in Super SF4 Turbo would be a dream come true.

I mained Alex in 3s and in Alpha 2 I mained Rolento. Capcom really likes me.

Can't wait to see who the other 5 will be.

Burli

Pringo
As a beginner to this game, I'm really struggling - particularly in ranked matches. Is the key to Street Fighter perseverance and practice, or do you just have to 'get it'?

Going through this thread and reading posts like;

Makoto gets.. guaranteed U1, her biggest combo (Super cancel), then what? If she wants an untechable KD, she needs to throw or c.fp. If she wants reliable damage, it's s.fp -> f hayate..

This is like another language to me. I wish I'd grown up with these games.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Burli said:
As a beginner to this game, I'm really struggling - particularly in ranked matches. Is the key to Street Fighter perseverance and practice, or do you just have to 'get it'?

Dnot worry, when ever i pick up a new character i go to a losing adventure, its part of learning the game.

learn how to control your space with he character you play with, go from there

Just wanted to say good games to MicVlad, I certainly feel I got back in my stride and wasn't getting violated like I did in our last set. The guy playing Cody was the same as last time but on his friends account, he thinks your Sim's offensive nature/rushdown/pressure is beautiful and makes him want to switch mains :lol

Axis

Burli said:

do you play on ps3 or 360? i'll help you with some basic footsies and stuff if you want

Myomoto

Burli said:

There is an enormous amount of information available to you out there, check out sites like http://www.eventhubs.com/ and http://iplaywinner.com/ for plenty of guides on each character and how to best utilize their attacks. EventHubs also has a pretty complete dictionary / glossary on their SSFIV page. If you're into some serious reading, SonicHurricane has a giant footsies manual: http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

To answer your question in short: Yes, you have to 'get it', but to do so, you need to practice a lot. You also have to know what to look for in a match, so that you know what you did wrong/right.

Rocwell

EraldoCoil said:

R.I.P.

*fades off*
Damn PS3s dropping like flies for the Late Night Street Fighting-Age. :(

I just got home with a new slim as an early b-day present, I've been fiending hard for some SSFIV for the past 2 weeks D:

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Lost Fragment said:
Sweet I get to post this again.

2wrnhbr.jpg

Happy birthday Farms.

That dog looks like that was some space cake he ate or something... :lol

Pandaman said:
walk forward, c.mk, fb. sucks when you get an srk. :(

Yes it does - I hate that so bad, and that's really because the majority of my characters are charge characters, and those annoying-ass shortcuts in the game...

Same damn reason I hate when I whip the stick quickly to get Hakan oiled up and get the damn 360+K grab and have no choice but to inevitably go flying into the dangerzone on the other side of the screen...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Spirit of Jazz said:
Don't you have a worst time with Haken's slide/360?

It seems like everyone who plays him does. It's hard to redo muscle memory to return to neutral after jumping back because of stupid shortcuts.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Skilotonn said:
Yes it does - I hate that so bad, and that's really because the majority of my characters are charge characters, and those annoying-ass shortcuts in the game...

Same damn reason I hate when I whip the stick quickly to get Hakan oiled up and get the damn 360+K grab and have no choice but to inevitably go flying into the dangerzone on the other side of the screen...
o_O thats never happened to me, but if you're oiling up safely, just hold the kick button until you know its an oil shower or not. if not, just time a meaty 360k.

i buffer oil into slide followups though and that tends to get you a super. sadness.

Imm0rt4l

you YLOD'd too coil? I'm going crazy without my ps3, I might borrow a friends soon though.

Morro! said:
ccccccoooooooooiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll

You will be missed :(

kWpO4.png
lol did darko finish him in the tourney? What's this meme?

Axis said:
happy bday kadey and immort4l
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom