• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

Kerrinck said:
Why everyone plays Akuma the 2nd time they play against my Zangief :(

I don't know maybe cause their other character can't do anything without getting 360'd in between block strings?

I know that's usually the frustration I feel after a loss with Cammy or Guy

Burli

Pringo
~Devil Trigger~ said:
learn how to control your space with he character you play with, go from there
I seem to struggle to even control my character a lot of the time, it's no fun being a 'scrub'.

Myomoto said:
To answer your question in short: Yes, you have to 'get it', but to do so, you need to practice a lot. You also have to know what to look for in a match, so that you know what you did wrong/right.

Thanks! I mean, I'm not terrible, I watch people playing well and it makes sense, but I struggle to think that quickly in games let alone input moves as quick as I want (on a normal 360 pad). There's something about Street Fighter that scares the crap out of me, not used to being bad at a game, I've spent my whole life playing them.

Even trying out the combo challenges, there's some combos I just can't do - and I assume those are the ones you're supposed to pull off constantly in games to be a good player.

Axis said:
do you play on ps3 or 360?

I'm on the 360 if that's any use?

Myomoto

Burli said:
Thanks! I mean, I'm not terrible, I watch people playing well and it makes sense, but I struggle to think that quickly in games let alone input moves as quick as I want (on a normal 360 pad). There's something about Street Fighter that scares the crap out of me, not used to being bad at a game, I've spent my whole life playing them.

The worst you can do is getting discouraged. How long have you been playing SSFIV? From the sounds of it you just need experience.

Burli said:
Even trying out the combo challenges, there's some combos I just can't do - and I assume those are the ones you're supposed to pull off constantly in games to be a good player.

The challenge combos are just that; challenges. Very few of the combos presented are practical, either due to meter consumption, damage-scaling, or just simply being too strict to input.

Wallach

hitsugi said:
You know I had no idea of how that match up went until I saw Ricky vs Vangief this year :lol horrible

Yeah, sometimes you think PURPLE FOOT is bad, then you watch Chun v Zangief and you're like "y'know... it's not that bad".

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Pandaman said:
o_O thats never happened to me, but if you're oiling up safely, just hold the kick button until you know its an oil shower or not. if not, just time a meaty 360k.

i buffer oil into slide followups though and that tends to get you a super. sadness.

Yeah, I always hold it, and sometimes I may get lucky and get the grab, but I tend to oil up really far back in the corner most of the time after 360+LP, and that's where I get into trouble the most if it comes out as 360+K...

Gyrian

Happy Birthday Imm0rt4l, Kadey, and Ryu! :]

While we don't get any official news of what may or may not be coming via SSFIV arcade, do enjoy the summer.

micrometaru.gif

2San

Burli said:

Newbie @ SSF4 myself I'm experiencing the same thing, but I've figured out one thing some of those combo challenges aren't practical at all(mainly the ones that need exact timing on the button presses) and won't be recommended by anyone. You should pick a character and read tutorials on that character you'll see them mentioning combo's that are a lot easier.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
dragonballjoseph said:
You know you're a hopeless nerd when:
The first thing you notice about this picture is the Blanka ball. ='(
did'nt even notice Minka holding anything

thats how much i hate Blanka

Imm0rt4l

dragonballjoseph said:
smh....I hadn't even noticed it till now. what a stain on an otherwise awesome pic.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
dragonballjoseph said:
i had a danger will robinson moment.
cant let my guard down even for a minute, can't even admire juris beautiful eyes. ;_;

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Imm0rt4l said:
I don't think theirs anything wrong with her hand her ass is just disproportionately big, which is fine with me.
yep.

i normally dont approve, but this is acceptable.

Imm0rt4l

looks like the 7 new chars rumor might have just come from someone counting the new avatars on psn. I don't know what to think.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
It's real, I checked with some of the Japanese players that are at the location test now.

Hag

Yay! speculation time like in SSFIV console. :lol

I'm in for Alex and somebody else. Hope to see the characters in the Ono conference.

It looks like someone photoshopped a direct feed screen shot of a replay and then photographed the screen. Those ??? slots do look a little too clean to be from any source I've seen, though. So I guess we'll find out eventually.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
If they're gonna add any new characters, 2 is a good number considering there're already 36 characters in the game.

Think it's pretty much a given that one of them is Rolento.

Wallach

Lost Fragment said:
If they're gonna add any new characters, 2 is a good number considering there're already 36 characters in the game.

Think it's pretty much a given that one of them is Rolento.

I really think it's Alex & Rolento. One more from each series they already pulled from.

Now I'm also curious if they've done any more balance adjustments. Makoto could obviously use some help (I think we knew this well before EVO) and maybe stuff like Duds getting thrown out of BSB's back swing getting changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom