• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

God's Beard said:
cross game chat > persistent chat

Or you could ditch both chats, and use ventrillo, and IRC on your PC like a real man. That shitty console voice codec quality is unbearable.

Gyrian

dragonballjoseph said:
PSN GAF has more tournies because the scrubs want to feel like they're good.

XBL GAF doesn't do many tournies because Greg would win. :lol

Now that's just bitterness speaking. But it's okay, I still <3 you.
Can we just agree to hate on Live and PSN both for not letting in-ter play happen, even though it's technically feasible?

micrometaru.gif

LakeEarth

No one mentioned Saqs yet?

riceandbeans said:
How do you punish T. Hawk's dive when your blocking? Whenever he hits, he jumps back so far I can't land anything except Chun's cr. fierce 50% of the time.
I'm not a Chun player, but I'd think either ultra and super would work.

BitchTits

Why the hell do I have such a problem with performing Hakan's slide? A simple fireball motion, that I have NO problem whatsoever with any other character, but the amount of times I get a cr.HP instead is about 70% :-?

hitsugi

God's Beard said:
Who are the strongest players on GAF?

no one really knows D: I know fubar and art are good, though.

GAF offline tourney would be sick if it were ever possible. This is why we need GAF-con

BitchTits said:
Why the hell do I have such a problem with performing Hakan's slide? A simple fireball motion, that I have NO problem whatsoever with any other character, but the amount of times I get a cr.HP instead is about 70% :-?
I get that move when I try to do is 360 grab from time to time.
But for the slide, instead of doing the fireball motion, try doing: down > down-forward.

riceandbeans said:
BlackVegeta (banned though)
SuperStar
DBJ
x0pnk0.gif

Also Saqs, Renta, and Killa Sasa.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Gyrian said:
Gentlemen, it's time.

198r35.png

s2v3a9.png

Original post explaining the first Mini-Tourney.

24417rt.png

This time, we will run 8 Players, double elimination.
If everything flows smoothly, the next tourney will continue this format with 16 players.

There will be a Grand Prize, and a 2nd place Prize.

All GAFers are welcome to enter, but I will give priority to those who are regulars in PSN GAF.

As before, no-shows will be replaced on the spot with players waiting for a chance in the chat room.

Tourney will once again take place @ 7pm CST; that is 5pm West Coast, 8pm East Coast.

5s60p.png

I've prepared the following format, which will get re-posted with results after the Tourney plays out.

29wx3sm.jpg

14takr7.png

Have any? I'm open to suggestions. This isn't my Tourney, it's SSFIV GAF's Tourney.
Thank you all who are part of this community, this one's for you. <3

2gtu92x.png

micrometaru.gif
They pulled me back in!!!!

Hitokage said:
There's a scan out in the wild that says the 3DS version will have all characters. Nice.
Also might have additional content and costumes.
Definitive version?

Well definitive handheld version. Looks gorgeous too.

Axis

riceandbeans said:
How do you punish T. Hawk's dive when your blocking? Whenever he hits, he jumps back so far I can't land anything except Chun's cr. fierce 50% of the time.

with chun? ultra 1, walk forward st.hp or st.mp or cr.mp or cr.rh

literally...punish the fuck out of him

not-so-ninja-edit: forward mk might CH if he's pressing something out and you can link cr.lk off of that for legs

My problem with the 3DS version is that I might play it a lot. The reason I got an arcade stick is because I was ruining the A button on my controller by mashing short with Bison.

It would also be interesting to see the new characters in this version and to see it used in big tournaments.

Axis said:
with chun? ultra 1, walk forward st.hp or st.mp or cr.mp or cr.rh

literally...punish the fuck out of him

not-so-ninja-edit: forward mk might CH if he's pressing something out and you can link cr.lk off of that for legs

Doesn't Ultra 2 work also? Been a while since I've played a t hawk.

dragonballjoseph said:
My problem with the 3DS version is that I might play it a lot. The reason I got an arcade stick is because I was ruining the A button on my controller by mashing short with Bison.

It would also be interesting to see the new characters in this version and to see it used in big tournaments.
If Mario Kart DS made it to Evo that one time, anything is possible, right?

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
haha i come back to gaf after a week and my name is thrown all over the place <3

yes our equipment was recovered

im sure you reserved me a spot anyways, as well as Gib......we have a story arc now that needs to continue....... but you know i'm in Gyri...

<3

plus....when you watch me play, you don't watch me for my flashiness, you watch me for the Rage outs!!!

edit: Add Floyd, Joekage to the list of top tier gaffers.

I'm B Tier :(

AZ Greg

God's Beard said:
cross game chat > persistent chat

The issue is actually voice chat vs. text chat. And unfortunately, due to the nature of most videogame message board posters, text chat is always going to get more love. It's a shame because nothing beats an endless lobby when everyone is talking/laughing and having a good time.

And the reason all the tournaments are on PS3 is because that's the primary console of the people who are setting them up. Relix needs to stop being MIA and set us up some XBL tournaments! :p

And on the topic of which console has better players, just before SSF4 came out and GAF had a tournament for 360/PS3/PC the people who won the PS3 and PC tournaments were, IIRC, people who primarily play on 360. And they only made it about halfway in the 360 tournament. :p
I wish there was cross-platform play :(

dragonballjoseph said:
PSN GAF has more tournies because the scrubs want to feel like they're good.

XBL GAF doesn't do many tournies because Greg would win. :lol

eva would just own me for free. :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
AZ Greg said:
The issue is actually voice chat vs. text chat. And unfortunately, due to the nature of most videogame message board posters, text chat is always going to get more love. It's a shame because nothing beats an endless lobby when everyone is talking/laughing and having a good time.
Not mutually exclusive. The difference is that the persistent text chat can be used for matchmaking and setting up lobbies where you have voice chat.

The problem is that most PSN gaffers either don't have a headset or never want to use it.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
rewatching the daigo vs me matches on machinima make me shed a tear inside for some reason. AND I WATCH THIS EVERY DAY TO REMIND MYSELF HOW MUCH I FUCKED UP :(

Team Madcatz pulling some illuminati shit in the clutch and putting me on notice. I hate you Markman ;(

Ken Masters said:
Still can't find the bundle on the psn store

Does the bundle only appear if you have not bought a individual pack?
I think so...thats how it was when the SF4 pack came out...ill go check
edit..I signed in my brother account and its in the new release section..

XenoRaven

AZ Greg said:

And the reason all the tournaments are on PS3 is because that's the primary console of the people who are setting them up. Relix needs to stop being MIA and set us up some XBL tournaments! :p

And on the topic of which console has better players, just before SSF4 came out and GAF had a tournament for 360/PS3/PC the people who won the PS3 and PC tournaments were, IIRC, people who primarily play on 360. And they only made it about halfway in the 360 tournament. :p
I wish there was cross-platform play :(

eva would just own me for free. :(
I have never heard you plug your headset in and talk. =P

nycfurby said:
rewatching the daigo vs me matches on machinima make me shed a tear inside for some reason. AND I WATCH THIS EVERY DAY TO REMIND MYSELF HOW MUCH I FUCKED UP :(

Team Madcatz pulling some illuminati shit in the clutch and putting me on notice. I hate you Markman ;(
Madcatz secretly broke your roundhouse button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom