• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
azentium said:
I can't seem to find anyone online that is at my skill level (SF4 PC). Every person I am paired up with has played at least fifty matches. :lol
Having the same problem on the 360. Have I mentioned how much I suck at this game?

Those are nice Kadey.

And DBJ, good catch. Top U.S. Dhalsim but it's probably just unfamiliarity with the scene.

That Evo Japan trailer is also pretty good.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Don't you hate it when someone beats you when you aren't even really trying and they start trash talking and refuses to rematch you? :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey that pic of your track jacket. Your body looks weird. It's not like I remember from our meet ups. <3

hitsugi

viewtiful_dru said:
Akuma, the character of 1001 options. I have to use this character now.

Actually that'd be Guy..

..but they all lead to getting hit in the face at some point.

Seth is also a king of options. Not that I'd say Akuma isn't, of course

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
Kadey that pic of your track jacket. Your body looks weird. It's not like I remember from our meet ups. <3

You were drunk and I was barely wearing anything...and also drunk.

Scrub tourney player listing! We are going to see some mean ass play here.

1.Tiger uppercut=Biggz124
2.Nakazato=FFXI_Isamu
3.Kaako=Kaako
4.Razor210=Razor210
5.Eissan=Eissan
6.Xintin=Xintin
7.Arol=Arolisci
8.Dave1988=Dave1988
9.Ploid 3.0=Ploid
10.Edgeward=Edgeward34
11.Rikichi=RikichiX
12.notworksafe=notworksafe
13.biosnake20=callmehgod
14.gyrian=gyrian
15.miragith=miragith
16.treb=treble05
17.hxa155=hxa155
18.happy phantom=tiimmay
19.flek=fleko
20.the_id=the_id
21.chryz=chryZ-US
22.-mikey-=clown-prince
23.spiderjerusalem=Spiderthemad
24.dunpeald=dunpeal-1
25.mightykac=mightkac
26.tobiasboon=tobiasboon
27.lumix=nezumiiro
28.kinesis=mikeisthaillest
29.acid08=acid08
30.alba=alba17
31.AAK=AAK0924
32.captmcblack=captmcblack

Whhhaaaatt!!??!? Kiry didn't make the cut for the scrub tourney :(

Kiry was the head representative of late night crew for this one....

Good luck to Gyrian and Ploid in the tourney....

Me and Panda lend you our pro MOE powers for this.....

and if either of you don't win this me and panda will find you!!! *shakes fist*

just messin, good luck though, rep dat gafchat

azentium said:
I can't find anyone online who is at my skill level (SF4 PC). Every person I am paired up with has played at least fifty matches. :lol

Fifty matches isn't much, that's beginner status. SFIV(PC) isn't the best place for beginners. Players have been on there for a while and it's extremely easy to cheat mid-game. One press of a button and you can refill your Ultra meter or drain to your opponents health to one pixel under their nose.

I'm on SFIV(PC) time to time working on a few mods (must import Juri!), and main Chun Li so if you want to hit up a few practice sessions send me a FR at MC TitteeTwist.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
EraldoCoil said:
Whhhaaaatt!!??!? Kiry didn't make the cut for the scrub tourney :(

Kiry was the head representative of late night crew for this one....

Good luck to Gyrian and Ploid in the tourney....

Me and Panda lend you our pro MOE powers for this.....

and if either of you don't win this me and panda will find you!!! *shakes fist*

just messin, good luck though, rep dat gafchat
you have to remember, kadeys coming from an xbox point of view, so kiry's ibuki probably looked top tier.

if ploid reps hakan. he's my horse. :p
Otherwise Gyrian with dat makoto.

Pandaman said:
you have to remember, kadeys coming from an xbox point of view, so kiry's ibuki probably looked top tier.

gyri, ploid, and Tim are my picks.....they will all be top 3

you heard it here first

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
EraldoCoil said:

you heard it here first
didnt even see tiimmay there. :p

i'd say callmegod has a chance if he hardcore guile turtles.
i remember he had a good fight vs kobunkun before my raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage dc.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I just don't wanna get last. ;_;
Also been leveling up my scrub skills by not playing a couple of days now after a loong ass break.

So I make a lobby and some Japanese B+ Dudley enters. And even though he didn't have a mic, I bet he was all like, "Imma do some godliek combas on ya Sakura."

Never gave him the chance, because he was under the pressure of my godliek combos. The Japanese are so cocky.

Ploid 3.0

Pandaman said:

No pressure? I'm more comfortable with hakan now but I can't get out of pressure. His pokes are slow to counter with and it's like I can't breave. Still can't use 360K properly. Every time I'm hit if they are falling out of the air, or poked/ducked under+big punish. He dish out crazy damage though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have my own ways of doing things. And I never forget anything.

Close to 1000 messages and 95% of them is Marky saying he's horny.

GAF Ranbats will be Live only.

Top three will get something like 1st place=5 pts 2nd place=3 pts 3rd place=2pts and the rest of the players 1 point if they entered that week.

Points will be tallied at the end of the year and people will get cases of beer except Haunts because he hurts people (and himself) when he gets too drunk.

We'll try to mix things up every week like first match will be random select or something and certain weeks will have double the points, etc.

XenoRaven

azentium said:
Anyone have any tips on executing Chun-Li's Hazanshu? I can't seem to move the arcade stick fast enough.
How long have you been using the stick and how are you holding it? Hazanshu shouldn't be too tough to pull off.

My execution isn't that great, but one of the things I like to do is when doing motions like that I don't "hold" the stick per se, but move it or even "throw" it in a certain direction. If you're trying to move it really fast and have a firm grip on it, your muscles will tense up and your movement won't be smooth. You want to try and use your fingers and wrist and use flicking motions rather than your arm.

Another thing that could help you is if you're trying to use it in a mix up, you can buffer the motion so you don't have to worry about doing it as fast. For example, I could hit a blocking opponent with a crouching LP, and then decide I want to do Hazanshu to mix them up. So I'll input the motion while my crouching LP is still recovering and then press the LK button when it comes out of recovery.

Hope that makes sense.

Axis

Kadey said:
We'll try to mix things up every week like first match will be random select or something and certain weeks will have double the points, etc.

seems a little off to me. ranbats reward consistency and random select goes against that completely. *shrug* i'm down either way

qcf x2

azentium said:
Anyone have any tips on executing Chun-Li's Hazanshu? I can't seem to move the arcade stick fast enough.

That's just about impossible if you're rolling the motion, as opposed to pressing each direction. It's a half circle from forward to back. Turn on Input Display in Training Mode and make sure you aren't pushing kick too early.

In other news, I might get Internet back...in 3 months. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If one or two people are dominate each week, things have to be taken into consideration to balance things out.

The only consistency needed is playing each week and winning regardless of what rule is being se
t.

Every other week will be standard and the off weeks will have a draw. 80% of the draws will still be normal rules while there will be a 20% chance of something funky added into the mix. :D

vulva

EraldoCoil said:

you heard it here first
Pandaman said:
didnt even see tiimmay there. :p

i'd say callmegod has a chance if he hardcore guile turtles.
i remember he had a good fight vs kobunkun before my raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage dc.

d'awwwwwww thanks guys. I'll do my best to not let you dudes down!

Ploid 3.0

I remember your guile. I'll need someone for fireballs. Hakan is a rock in how he jumps. Both a bad and good thing. Short jump allow punch into ultra 2.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Extra points can be had for stuff like 20+ hit combos, perfects, etc.

And points can even be deducted if you like turtle for over a certain amount of time in a match.

I'll think up stuff.

Parham

Banned
riceandbeans said:
Fifty matches isn't much, that's beginner status. SFIV(PC) isn't the best place for beginners. Players have been on there for a while and it's extremely easy to cheat mid-game. One press of a button and you can refill your Ultra meter or drain to your opponents health to one pixel under their nose.

I'm on SFIV(PC) time to time working on a few mods (must import Juri!), and main Chun Li so if you want to hit up a few practice sessions send me a FR at MC TitteeTwist.

Sadly, I don't have enough money at the moment to purchase SSFIV. So, for now, my options are either vanilla SFIV on PC and SFII:HF on the Xbox 360.

Also, if you have time either tomorrow or Friday afternoon, I would greatly appreciate your help. :)

XenoRaven said:
How long have you been using the stick and how are you holding it? Hazanshu shouldn't be too tough to pull off.

My execution isn't that great, but one of the things I like to do is when doing motions like that I don't "hold" the stick per se, but move it or even "throw" it in a certain direction. If you're trying to move it really fast and have a firm grip on it, your muscles will tense up and your movement won't be smooth. You want to try and use your fingers and wrist and use flicking motions rather than your arm.

Another thing that could help you is if you're trying to use it in a mix up, you can buffer the motion so you don't have to worry about doing it as fast. For example, I could hit a blocking opponent with a crouching LP, and then decide I want to do Hazanshu to mix them up. So I'll input the motion while my crouching LP is still recovering and then press the LK button when it comes out of recovery.

Hope that makes sense.

I have playing the game since yesterday and just started using the stick today. Generally, I have loose grip on the fight stick. I use the palm of my hand to move right and my thumb to move left.

And yes, your explanation makes perfect sense. I will have to try that combination later tonight.

qcf x2 said:
That's just about impossible if you're rolling the motion, as opposed to pressing each direction. It's a half circle from forward to back. Turn on Input Display in Training Mode and make sure you aren't pushing kick too early.

In other news, I might get Internet back...in 3 months. :lol

I checked the input display and it appears that I either kick too early or don't complete the rotation entirely. I guess it's just a matter of timing.

Kadey said:
Extra points can be had for stuff like 20+ hit combos, perfects, etc.

And points can even be deducted if you like turtle for over a certain amount of time in a match.

I'll think up stuff.
Turtling is a valid strategy to deduct points for that is foolish. come on kadey I know you know better.

Imm0rt4l

I'm sure she's still working on that, some characters no doubt have to turtle it up a bit to get anywhere, If you're playing dudley and turtling though, then I'd say you're doing it wrong. I don't think deducting pts for turtling would work, now if this were blazblue maybe.

You can't punish guys like Honda, Guile, or even Chun for turtling. It's a part of their game.

Honda needs to turtle, rushdown with him is uber risky. Chun needs it for some matchups like balrog as well.

Most of the cast does for one matchup or another, really.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There will be certain criteria. It's not like a universal thing.

Like, if I see a Ryu running away from a Dan the whole match, his ass is going to be deducted a point. And of course with characters like T.Hawk and Gief, you have to turtle against them with certain characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom