• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

level-up stream is showing HDR right now (SSF4 is later), Snake Eyes and DGV are rematching and Snake Eyes is proving his Evo win was no fluke.

gibration

GGs to all those that I played, it was fun. The PSN gaf chat was definitely in full effect all night, from the real talk to the most random shit ever, I still had a blast with you all. <3

derFeef

Sad that there is no option to show your input in trail mode.
@azentium - hook me up (GT daFeef) I play Vanilla on PC as well.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
jman2050 said:
level-up stream is showing HDR right now (SSF4 is later), Snake Eyes and DGV are rematching and Snake Eyes is proving his Evo win was no fluke.

Snake Eyes doesn't have to prove anything. Sirlin claims the afterparty - he beasted people, including himself, even harder, including just about every top player.

Petition to put Kiry in scrub tournament, he was the 23rd person to sign up, yet is omitted from the list of players.

LET KIRY PLAY!!!!

I got your back Kiry!

Joekage

AkumaHokoru said:
because you arent a scrub?

As much as I'd like to say Kiry is not a scrub and could body Daigo, the basic meaning of the term represents him, a budding player just learning his character, still new to the game and its system and not quite up there with the middle-top players but definitely making strides.

So sorry Kiry haha, he's a scrub in that meaning so my vote is to let him in!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
EraldoCoil said:
Petition to put Kiry in scrub tournament, he was the 23rd person to sign up, yet is omitted from the list of players.

LET KIRY PLAY!!!!

I got your back Kiry!

Seconded.

Rocwell

One more here to vouch for yogi's newbie status. I'm not sure how I can explain how he qualifies for the scrub tournament w/o sounding like a total jerk though. :lol

Yogi's a sweetheart and has the patience of a saint. I get salty and bail out on the Late Nite GAF endless lobbies every now and then but he takes his lumps and keeps coming back for more like a champ.

Let him play I say!

Also ggs to Panda tonight. Internet crapped out so I'm goinabed.

Gyrian

Lyte Edge said:
Seconded.

I third this motion.

micrometaru.gif

jman2050 said:
Snake Eyes has to be the biggest anomaly ever. Newish to the game, Zangief user owning ST veterans left and right. It's crazy. I think it was devastation(?) where he cleaned Valle's clock 6-0. With Gief. It's like he was born to play the game.

also, kiryogi for the tourny pls

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I had the best night of playing ever last night... so happy! It must have been the new Alternate Coustumes! :lol

How do I get back into GAF PSN Chat? I have it saved on my PS3 at home, but I'm at my parent's house and don't have the Chat room saved on the list or whatever in the XMB. Do I have to have someone reinvite me, or can I invite myself in somehow?

hitsugi

God's Beard said:
GGs to AZ Greg, at one point he had over a 40 win streak against my friend and I :lol

I still think I can beat Daigo.

If you think you can, you're already ahead of most of the players that will go up against him :lol

hitsugi

Does AZ Greg play on PS3 or 360? he's apparently really good and I assume from Arizona, so our connection wouldn't be too bad..

AZ Greg! Where you at?!

I hate you so much Rokitty, I've never had so many games come down to the last combo and lost every single one of them :( I think you should main Freejay.

GGs to you and Wise.

You know what pisses me off? When I get a rare chance for a big combo and I land Dudley's overhead into RH xx EX MGB, cRH, but I miss the Ultra afterwards. Extremely tight link with no hit confirm is fine, but I miss the cRH into ultra, which is like 20 frames.:lol

I don't know why I roll my fingers to do ultra, but it's a really bad habit. I keep getting EX Jet Upper and it pisses me off so much. I never do it when I practice, only in a match. So frustrating.

hitsugi said:
If you think you can, you're already ahead of most of the players that will go up against him :lol
When I fight a really good Ryu, I feel like I know what I did wrong 90% of the time. It's like, oh I fucked up, I probably could have done this or this.

When I fight AZ Greg's Vega, I'm like, oh I fucked up.

What should I have done? :lol

Vega just gets in my head. Left, right, high, low, meaties into tick throws. I just lose it and start doing stupid shit like jet uppercuts and dropped combos and it only gets worse.

I mean, I've had mixed success with Dudley's counter and if I get a knockdown that's a solid mixup opportunity, but they aren't things I can or should be relying on. I could probably option select his backdashes since he does that a lot, but I'm rarely in range for f+MK, and I don't like giving up my other wakeup options or using U1.

Maybe I need to look at some frame data to see what I can punish, because my matchup knowledge sure isn't getting much better from being in the eye of the storm.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Any Chun players wanna share some tips on the Guile match-up? How do I break that turtle shell? :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
You were drunk and I was barely wearing anything...and also drunk.

I'm sure that one guy who was complaining about us last week is probably complaining about us again this week <3.

Good times.

Hitokage said:
Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

I agree, ranbats are to prove consistency. Randombats should be separate.

But it's Kadey's show. No one messes with Kadey. Except for me.

*flex*

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
_dementia said:
are you online? hazanshu!

Bless you. Yeah...the good ones always catch on to that though. :\

Guile's jump is so weird to me. The way he flips in the air makes it difficult to tell where he is going to land.

Leunam

I need to watch my replays more and more. I was watching a few yesterday against a Cody player and it became very apparent that I fucking love crossups, so much so that I go for them at the worst opportunity. I need to start taking notes of what I do and remember what options I have available.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Last night was fantastic. 15 hate mails! People hate Dhalsim. Yesterday night though, man, something about it caused the people I beat and also the people who beat me to send hatemail. Feels so good!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MoxManiac said:
I never get hatemail :(

The closest I got was a message that said "lucky" after I narrowly beat a Chun player.

Feels good when you get it, almost equivalent of someone screaming into their mic that they hate the game and ragequitting. Sometimes I'll go weeks without any, last night was just special.

Special award for the 12 year old with the high voice that said I was queer because I lost. If I had only known!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
140.85 said:
Bless you. Yeah...the good ones always catch on to that though. :\

Get in close...remember that you can use your fireball as a shield to walk behind. You've got hazanshu, DF+roundhouse up close, and throws to punish that turtling/confuse the hell out of him.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Sunflower said:
Last night was fantastic. 15 hate mails! People hate Dhalsim. Yesterday night though, man, something about it caused the people I beat and also the people who beat me to send hatemail. Feels so good!

Rose gets a lot of hate also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom