• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ Greg

_dementia said:
are you online? hazanshu!

aka Relix 101 :p

Sunflower said:
Last night was fantastic. 15 hate mails! People hate Dhalsim. Yesterday night though, man, something about it caused the people I beat and also the people who beat me to send hatemail. Feels so good!

Yeah, in the month or two before SSF4 came out I used Sim in SF4 and got more hate mail in that short time than all the time I've been using Vega. Apparently people really hate it when you magnify their poor fundamentals with Sim. Gotta love the people who jump in - get knee AA'd, jump in again - get knee AA'd, pause for a few seconds realizing they have no other way to initiate an offense, and then jump in again. :lol Usually at that point it's only a matter of seconds before the rage quit and eventual hate mail.

GamerSoul

Leunam said:
I need to watch my replays more and more. I was watching a few yesterday against a Cody player and it became very apparent that I fucking love crossups, so much so that I go for them at the worst opportunity. I need to start taking notes of what I do and remember what options I have available.

I love my Sak cross ups. :lol. Its cool how they just save your latest fights so it's something that you can easily go back to see. I learned that I really like to jump tatsu "helicopter style" too much, it's my form of transportation and I usually space it wrong.

AZ Greg said:
Yeah, in the month or two before SSF4 came out I used Sim in SF4 and got more hate mail in that short time than all the time I've been using Vega. Apparently people really hate it when you magnify their poor fundamentals with Sim. Gotta love the people who jump in - get knee AA'd, jump in again - get knee AA'd, pause for a few seconds realizing they have no other way to initiate an offense, and then jump in again. Usually at that point it's only a matter of seconds before the rage quit and eventual hate mail.

:( dam... bad sf4 scrub memories man. The fcked up part is that it was me and my friend trying to figure that shit out. We couldnt do nothings, nothings. Im still basically a scrub but that just makes me smh.

140.85 said:
Bless you. Yeah...the good ones always catch on to that though. :\

Guile's jump is so weird to me. The way he flips in the air makes it difficult to tell where he is going to land.

outpoke the crap out of guile and focus his booms, just be careful of hitting the corner. You kind of have to out lame Guile in this matchup. If he jumps at you and don't know if he's going to cross you up or not just do instant jump-back airthrow (which also works great against jump/crossup happy shotos) :)

AZ Greg said:

Yeah, in the month or two before SSF4 came out I used Sim in SF4 and got more hate mail in that short time than all the time I've been using Vega. Apparently people really hate it when you magnify their poor fundamentals with Sim. Gotta love the people who jump in - get knee AA'd, jump in again - get knee AA'd, pause for a few seconds realizing they have no other way to initiate an offense, and then jump in again. :lol Usually at that point it's only a matter of seconds before the rage quit and eventual hate mail.
I made a whole post about how Dudley's normals and specials interact with all of Dhalsim's moves, and I still shit myself every time someone chooses Sim. I used to just pick Ibuki, but I've banned myself from maining anyone but Duds and Fei(until the new era of Q begins).

On the other side, I have my highest win percentage with Dhalsim (~80%). I don't know if bad fundamentals are the reason I have such a bad time with him.

Do you think Sagat diehards in Japan are going to stick with him when Super drops in arcades? I know Mago already switched, but what about dudes like Oujisanboy and Bonchan?

I'm thinking Oujisan will move to Abel because he already subbed a very deadly one in vanilla.

_dementia said:
Do you think Sagat diehards in Japan are going to stick with him when Super drops in arcades? I know Mago already switched, but what about dudes like Oujisanboy and Bonchan?

I'd like to see them stick with Sagat, but who knows? Maybe arcade revisions will see him get a bump in damage output again?

_dementia said:
Might depend on how the balance changes again.

the_log_ride said:
I'd like to see them stick with Sagat, but who knows? Maybe arcade revisions will see him get a bump in damage output again?
That's true.

I just really want to see someone take angry scar to new levels, but noone play Sagat any longer.

Degen

Sagat is still decent... just not as godlike as he was. Funny how that's all it took for everybody to quit using him.

the_log_ride said:

Office nooooooooooooooooooooooo.gif

I'd much rather see him get techniques back than just stat boosts.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
Noone plays him anymore, so significantly.

He wasn't nerfed to oblivion, but SF4 Sagat players are so disappointed that they moved to other chars.

For the rebal, I'd say speed him up a bit, but I think he's fine as is.

I'd rather have players abandon him instead of him being OP.

yeah, his damage output was ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if they just gave him back certain tools, like being able to cancel off his standing short.

Cynar

arstal said:
He wasn't nerfed to oblivion, but SF4 Sagat players are so disappointed that they moved to other chars.

For the rebal, I'd say speed him up a bit, but I think he's fine as is.

I'd rather have players abandon him instead of him being OP.

are they actually going to rebalance a few things? Does that mean Guy players have some more hope? :D

Spirit of Jazz said:
I hate you so much Rokitty, I've never had so many games come down to the last combo and lost every single one of them :( I think you should main Freejay.

GGs to you and Wise.
Haha, well you were on fire in the beginning and did the same thing to me at least once.

GGs.

hitsugi

_dementia said:

I'm thinking Oujisan will move to Abel because he already subbed a very deadly one in vanilla.

Honestly, I hope they switch. Mago's Sagat is still a force in SSF4, but why not try out something new? Half the cast is going to be pretty new to the arcade only players out there..

Maybe we'll get some more Guy and Ibuki players. Bonchan is a good name for one of those.

I predict a lot of Cammy players once the arcade ver comes

and then there will be a rise of flowchart Cammy bandwagoners, and I will cry in my lil corner T_T

LakeEarth

BotoxAgent said:
yeah, his damage output was ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if they just gave him back certain tools, like being able to cancel off his standing short.
Everyone talks about damage nerfs, but THIS is the nerf that matters. Sagat's closeup game is crap without it.

Imm0rt4l

Ken Masters said:
How much worse did sagat really get in this game?

Sagat isn't scary at all anymore. I don't mean to sound cocky, but I think I could take Mago's Sagat, no more of that tiger knee string bullshit. I think I could at least go toe to toe with him 2DGod or not.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
BotoxAgent said:

and then there will be a rise of flowchart Cammy bandwagoners, and I will cry in my lil corner T_T

CANNON SPIKE CANNON SPIKE CANNON SPIRAL ARROW SPIKE CANNON SPIKE CANNON SPIKE CANNON SPIKE

DR2K

Banned
Ken Masters said:
Why did they make sagat worse but ryu is still just as good

Sagat got a bunch of damage nerfs, he did too freaking much. Whereas Ryu got that as well, but he was nowhere near as bad. I think Ryu should have a little less health though.

Sagat is still good, but he's not brain dead easy mode anymore. A lot of players stuck to him to compensate for their lack of skill, now they play Rufus.

vg260

Ugh. Came very close to sending a message to someone who beat me last night. Would have been a polite request to turn off Turbo. My Dan kept getting trapped by turbo jab combos by a Dudley. My fault for losing but, still not classy. Grrr.

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:

There will still only be one Cammy...

...Sako ;~~~~~~~~; unless he loses this weekend. Then no one will care and maybe we'll have a shitload of Dhalsim players instead.

Degen

2&2 said:
Ugh. Came very close to sending a message to someone who beat me last night. Would have been a polite request to turn off Turbo. My Dan kept getting trapped by turbo jab combos by a Dudley. My fault for losing but, still not classy. Grrr.
Sometimes I wonder if people think I use Turbo. I like to jabjabjab to cancel their stuff out or bait an unsafe move on wakeup.

BotoxAgent said:

I read that Nemo the chun player is running Cammy in the Gods Garden tournament coming up.

vg260

Degen said:
Sometimes I wonder if people think I use Turbo. I like to jabjabjab to cancel their stuff out or bait an unsafe move on wakeup.

Nah, that's pretty common, and it's pretty obvious when someone's using turbo, especially if you look at their inputs in the replay. There's no question.

XenoRaven

AZ Greg said:

Boy do I remember this. It was good though. It taught me new ways to get in and initiate offense. I had no idea what Dhalsim could even do in this game until I started getting AAed all the time with that damn knee. Then I got hit with forward throw, Ultra mixup into Super and I was like whaaaa?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
hitsugi said:
...Sako ;~~~~~~~~; unless he loses this weekend. Then no one will care and maybe we'll have a shitload of Dhalsim players instead.

I hope we don't see a ton of Sim players. Being my main, I kind of like choosing somewhat unorthodox fighters to focus on in my games, and Dhalsim and me, well...man, we're good buddies.

Nothing sucks more than a Sim mirror match. :mad:

DryEyeRelief said:
I read that Nemo the chun player is running Cammy in the Gods Garden tournament coming up.

yeah, he's been using her online a lot. And Kindevu also used Cammy in the recent NSB tourney.

I think Sako has shown how devastating Cammy really is and what can be done with her. I am sure they will discover a lot of really "cheap" offensive tactics with Cammy once arcade rolls out as the Japanese always does. I really don't think Cammy has any bad matchups anymore, she's just too insane up close with meter (and any character that can alter their jump arc is pretty damn annoying, lmao)

I am just afraid that once she is more exposed, I will look like an even bigger scrub since I still rely too much on matchup unfamiliarity and gimmicks to win with Cammy, lol.

Imm0rt4l said:
Sagat isn't scary at all anymore. I don't mean to sound cocky, but I think I could take Mago's Sagat, no more of that tiger knee string bullshit. I think I could at least go toe to toe with him 2DGod or not.

He isn't. 'Sim v. Sagat has gotten considerably better for me, at least. When Super was first released and I fought some Sagats, I'd eat a couple of combos and naturally thought, "damn, I'm done this round." But then I look at my health bar, and it's still half full, when in Vanilla, I'd literally be down to an 1/8th left.

Is the Sako match this weekend? Calling it now, Sako by murder.

kiun

AZ Greg said:

I think I got perfected multiple times when playing against your Sim :lol

DigiMish

I was playing this pretty good Guy player online, and it came down to the last round and during a blockstring, I ultraed him and he got hella pissy, sending me a couple hate messages. Haven't gotten hate male in like forever. It's a shame too, cause he was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom