• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leunam

Threi said:
basically kiryogi and ferrio mad at kadey
kadey mad at kiryogi and ferrio being mad at kadey
a portion of sf GAF mad at kadey for being mad at kiryogi and ferrio being mad at kadey
another portion of sf GAF mad at the other portion of sf gaf being mad at kadey for being mad at kiryogi and ferrio being mad at kadey

simplr plz

Ploid 3.0

riceandbeans said:
So ummm... what's the point of all this drama? Is it because those two guys didn't get to play in the tourney?

People really like kiryogi, he's a cool guy. He picks ibuki with that alt 1 but other than that he's been pretty fun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How do I win with Guile against a turtling fucking scrub ass Dhalsim?

arstal said:
I just don't feel SSF4 or any other fighter should be called a scrub game just because it doesn't require long hours in training game to get to the meat of the game.

SF4 is a different story though.

I think it gets the scrub game rep because of the wide reversal window, the easy input system, and the general fact that being "better" than your opponent doesn't net you a win nearly as much as it will in other games. Shenanigans and sometimes just playing dumb can get you a win :lol It's less prevalent in Super than in Vanilla. Ironfist is probably the best example of this :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C0F_aVAnFU

You could call it the opponent's fault for not adjusting, but the fact that it's so easy to get good moves like that out can dumb the game down some. It just turns it into a stupid guessing game that you have to respect.

I can see the logic behind either viewpoints, but you've gotta admit it's stupid that shit like Ironfist's thing works :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yoshichan said:
Focus dash through those limbs and rush that shit down.

(don't jump)

(really, for the love of god, do not jump in)

(okay, okay, if you can read a fireball, then jump in)

riceandbeans said:
So ummm... what's the point of all this drama? Is it because those two guys didn't get to play in the tourney?

i believe the drama stems from this....

Kadey announced a PS3 tourney, but instead of a regular tourney it was a random select tourney. Ferrio didn't agree with it and spoke out, though i don't recall him really ever bitching, as a lot of the people were kinda irked that Xboxers got a real tourney and PS3 guys got a Random tourney. it was a valid complaint, but everyone just accepted it and moved on. and Ferrio ended up on the banned list.

Kiry signed up for the scrub tourney, he was #23 to sign up, which was within the alloted number of 32 players. yet when the list of players came out he was absent from the list. No one knew why, as he hadn't done anything, i made a post asking to re-instate him in the tourney (he may have been skipped by accident, but not 100% sure) a lot of us back him up, he comes in and thanks us for support but also calls for a boycott of Kadeys Random tournament. thus ending up on Kadeys banned list.

this led to Kadey coming in saying if you bitch then you're banned from her tournaments.....and it all went downhill from there......

Imm0rt4l

Papercuts said:
You can? I've fought B rank players who dropped around 2700, does it need to be below C+ or something?
I'm not sure what the criteria is but I remember in the first weeks of the games release ranking another guy down after beating him, he was well below b grade and ranked down to c.

Kaako said:
SF drama. :lol
Everyone just needs a big group hug.

Naw, salt yo. It's like when that dude @ Evo got salty.

You know who I'm salty @

AZ Greg. I purposely don't sign onto Live. I try to avoid his claw shenanigans. I'm almost half convinced to put on a Jason mask, trench coat with 0 clothes and body paint saying "Yo Do Le He Hooo!"

Yoshichan said:

I love this matchup, as boring and grindy it is for other people both playing and watching. Like Renta said, don't jump. There's gonna be lots of plasma chucked on both sides. Don't be surprised if a majority of rounds go to timeout.

Just know that 'Sim will build meter a hell of a lot faster than you. Jab him out of those instant air teleports, but a good 'Sim will wait for you to chuck a badly timed boom to do so. Again, as Renta said, focus through them limbs and once you're in stick to him like white on rice. Guile U2 nullifies 'Sim's U1.

Have fun. This one's my favorite matchup. It's claimed this is in favor for 'Sim, but really, I think it's even. If played out right, it's gonna be a long and grueling match everytime.

This is the Jazz Music matchup :lol

Maybe if Art's around he can toss in his .02.

EraldoCoil said:
Kiry signed up for the scrub tourney, he was #23 to sign up, which was within the alloted number of 32 players. yet when the list of players came out he was absent from the list. No one knew why, as he hadn't done anything, i made a post asking to re-instate him in the tourney (he may have been skipped by accident, but not 100% sure) a lot of us back him up, he comes in and thanks us for support but also calls for a boycott of Kadeys Random tournament. thus ending up on Kadeys banned list.

kiryogi spoke against the random factor of the tournament before the sign up. Called it nonsense and wanted to gather people to organize a boycott before. Kadey's response was "don't participate in my tournaments. ever."

Then sign ups come. kiryogi wants to join and then you know the rest.

DryEyeRelief said:
kiryogi spoke against the random factor of the tournament before the sign up. Called it nonsense and wanted to gather people to organize a boycott before. Kadey's response was "don't participate in my tournaments. ever."

there us a new tourney? where I can i sign?

Parham

Banned
vocab said:
LakeEarth said:
No. You could probably use it in some crazy pressure strings, but I never see it.
Thanks! Looking at some of Chun-Li's EX moves, it didn't seem like FADCing would be very beneficial.

By the way, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but you guys have been a huge help the past few days. I can't even imagine how much worse off I would have been if I tried learning how to play this game on my own. :lol

Imm0rt4l

EraldoCoil said:
i believe the drama stems from this....

Kadey announced a PS3 tourney, but instead of a regular tourney it was a random select tourney. Ferrio didn't agree with it and spoke out, though i don't recall him really ever bitching, as a lot of the people were kinda irked that Xboxers got a real tourney and PS3 guys got a Random tourney. it was a valid complaint, but everyone just accepted it and moved on. and Ferrio ended up on the banned list.

this led to Kadey coming in saying if you bitch then you're banned from her tournaments.....and it all went downhill from there......

in a nutshell, ps side felt a little slighted, especially seeing how awesome she ran the last tourney.

in ferrio and kiry's defense a lot of ppl complained, just not as much but we went on to accept it since no one is in a position to tell her how to run her tournament, though I think they have a right to voice their opinion.

Basically psn side has to
- train with all the characters
-fall back from the tourney if you don't like it
-make your own tourney (props to gyrian and anyone else that steps up!)

simple as that really.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DryEyeRelief said:

This. Exactly this.

Common sense is, if you don't like something. Ignore it.

I am open to comments and suggestions but whining and complaining and then trying to get other people to not join is a dickish move no matter how you put it. I give everybody respect from the get-go, it's up to that person to decide whether they want to keep it.
You may not like how I run things, that's okay. But don't go trying to ruin it for other people that do want to participate. It's all about having fun. The prizes are icing. That's how I know if people are legit. They just want to play against other GAFfer regardless, people like Killa Sasa.

It's kinda stupid to talk trash and then have the nerves to try and join my tournament acting like nothing happened. I love how certain people like Panda is twisting shit around to make Kiry and Ferrio look like the victims. :lol Bottom is, I'm running them and I'm investing everything in them. Dont like it. Dont join. Move on.

Thanks to those that understand the situation.

Killa Sasa said:

Those announcers sound like the type of pricks who send hatemail when they lose. The dude played the game and mixed it up. I saw nothing wrong except with that Blanka matchup. Don't know what he was thinking there.

Kadey said:
Bottom is, I'm running them and I'm investing everything in them. Dont like it. Dont join. Move on.

I really don't want to pick sides, but I gotta agree with this.

I just PMed you without reading the rules of the tourney..

if there are any cancellations, count me in... I am scrubby with almost the whole cast except for Honda (my main lol). (Ignore the Honda player selection)

my pink cowboy Ken was on display temporarily yesterday, the scrubbyness shocked Gaf-chat

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Come on people don't attack Kadey FFS. It's her money and she organizes it. Her rules. If you want a free-join tournament with maybe minor prizes it can always be set up.

EDIT: As I said I've always wanted to do weekly ranbats but I've been busy with life =P

riceandbeans said:
I just beat bad players by playing bad myself. Flowchart Ken will kick my ass to the end of the ring, until I even the score and play like he does but with finesse.
This is my core problem with sf4. you have to dumb down your play.

Ploid 3.0

SephirothRK said:
Thanks for posting, very interesting to watch.

It's scary how many tools people in the know have. I knew about a ken option select from srk, but had no idea how to pull it off. Seeing all these other option selects and traps is staggering to me. I still can't even plink to pull off something like rufus' dive kick to lk fp into fp galaxy tornado. After trying a lot I rather get lucky with straight up pressing than trying plinking. I don't think I ever did a successful plink, but I pulled off the low frame links at least sometimes.

SSF4 pros = robots, yes you too (I tried viper as well, the way you do those cancels is mind boggling. Props).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
zon said:
Oh Kadey, you got arts name wrong on that shirt. It's Artuto Santrez, just ask Chris Hu. And if you're making a t-shirt for Min you should try to squeeze in a reference to him thinking it was actually art writing all that shit when his facebook got hacked. :lol

When I get around to making them I should put PR Min. :D

AkumaHokoru said:

Is it really dumbing it down, though? I see it like using the least amount of force necessary for any given situation.

And despite the "drama" up in here, I'm still glad to be a part of it all. Agree to disagree, Blanka can DIAF, etc. etc.

Imm0rt4l

the_log_ride said:
Is it really dumbing it down, though? I see it like using the least amount of force necessary for any given situation.

And despite the "drama" up in here, I'm still glad to be a part of it all. Agree to disagree, Blanka can DIAF, etc. etc.

AMEN

I just want to play the best players out there...

love playing against Farms, Seph, Joe, Floyd, Killa Sasa etc.... Plus anyone else who is a game opponent....

And FTR anyone who puts on a tournament deserves props, that stuff gets pretty hectic to organize and keep running smoothly.

vocab

AkumaHokoru said:

Ya, if the reversal windows were shorter, and there was no input shortcuts, this game would probably be a lot more enjoyable.

AkumaHokoru said:
against flow-charters, you just need to hold your fort and let them open themselves up wide and just counter-attack them. and keep on eye on their AI patterns

it feels like playing against a berserker AI

EraldoCoil said:
And FTR anyone who puts on a tournament deserves props, that stuff gets pretty hectic to organize and keep running smoothly.

Remember when Relix ran three at one time: PC, PSN and Xbawx?

And I don't mind drama but it never gets resolved with money matches or anything. DR2K vs. FMF. Jared vs. Saqs. Timedog vs. EVERYONE.

Imm0rt4l

QisTopTier said:
Hmm looks like I missed out on a lot here... *throws ssf4 out the window* continue on folks.
you're strictly blazblue now? Wow Q, you're wack....you'll be back. Especially if they announce Q as a new character.

Ploid 3.0

Imm0rt4l said:

sad%20kid.jpg

QisTopTier said:
Hmm looks like I missed out on a lot here... *throws ssf4 out the window* continue on folks.

I heard you quit, give me your loot (rufus and seth skillz). Enjoy BB man, sounds like a great game from what you were saying on gafchat. Makes me want to try it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AkumaHokoru said:

I have more trouble with a flowchart gief spamming lariats than an awesome gief doing mixups so yeah.

Plus having Ultras changes things a lot.

Nah, the game is fine. If you find yourself fighting a flowcharter, you should be able to anticipate what they will do next.
As a Sakura player, I run into this a lot. When I do my EX tatsu into mix-ups, I can tell when someone is playing dumb depending what they do on my mix-ups after the second time. If they are just mashing, do this new, innovative tactic called block and punish them for their scrubiness.
Although I do come across some WTF moments against flowcharters from time to time that leave me baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom