• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Imm0rt4l said:
I get off on hate mail :mad:, I wish I could play on xbl, I'm psn
boo this man.gif

Everyone knows the real hate is on live. psn is all group-hugs and rainbows. :x

Imm0rt4l

Brobzoid said:
boo this man.gif

Everyone knows the real hate is on live. psn is all group-hugs and rainbows. :x

I've had some guys troll pretty hard, sending me obscene pictures and calling me the N word.

feelsgoodman.gif

psn gafchat is all <3 though.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
QisTopTier said:
Wait what? I don't get it.
the day you dropped Adon might only have been a Tuesday to you, but the Adon Brigade doesn't forget so easily! >:I

Threi

notag
just got destroyed by an abel, a gief perfected me, and then a guile player nearly got a perfect on me every round.

xbl got some monster players.

*edit* add a honda and dudley player to that

looks like im gunna go for the gaf losingstreak record tonight :D

*edit* add another dudley

*edit* and a bison to end the night

Imm0rt4l said:
we need some grudge matches in here, I want to see some gaf on gaf action.

That's actually a good idea.

Make it a tournament, GAF Rivals. Whoever doesn't like each other get to fight out their differences.

Masamuna

Thinking about making claw my secondary. Really seems like he plays more of the metagame, kind like makoto. He probably doesn't cover her bad match ups, but fuck that shit. Yodeling is too damn fun.

And c.MK > c.MP feels like the easiest link i've done in a good while. Gonna read up tonight.

AZ Greg

Masamuna said:
Thinking about making claw my secondary. Really seems like he plays more of the metagame, kind like makoto. He probably doesn't cover her bad match ups, but fuck that shit. Yodeling is too damn fun.

And c.MK > c.MP feels like the easiest link i've done in a good while. Gonna read up tonight.

Welcome to the club!

There are some growing pains with him, but they're worth it! :D

Threi

notag
EraldoCoil said:
Loser leaves town grudge matches.....

Loser leaves GAF for good......
I'm down for that actually.

anyways the Abel player who was destroying me beat another guy in endless, when It was my turn again i heard mumbling through my speakers so i plugged in my mic to try to hear what he was saying, apparently because the Abel was good it was obvious that he has no life at all. I responded "just because he kicked your ass doesn't mean he has no life you know" and he was like "NO. ANYONE THAT HAS OVER 5000BP HAS NO LIFE AND SPENDS TOO MUCH TIME PLAYING THE GAME". I didn't get into that argument, just left the lobby and decided to get my ass kicked somewhere else. Ugh @ XBL.

...here enjoy this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO7ivid34uU

Joekage

Panda! Me and you grudge match, winner gets exclusive sakura bragging rights for PSN GAF.

Then once I get my XBOX setup when I move into my new apt, I'll go after DBJ.

(mad hungry for Sakura vengeance) <3

hitsugi

AkumaHokoru said:
This is my core problem with sf4. you have to dumb down your play.

feels like I'm doing this all the fucking time.

gyrian and ...i forgot his name (sorry ; ;) watched my Guy dumb it way down to take care of this blanka that came into our endless room earlier today D:

..this blanka was seriously a prime reason for GAF blanka hate. got the most random wins I have ever ever seen when he was being totally outplayed. it was just weird to witness and I hope they took care of him after I left

Joekage said:
Panda! Me and you grudge match, winner gets exclusive sakura bragging rights for PSN GAF.

My Sakura is the reigning GAF champ (as officiated by me), so I hope you know what you're getting into.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Pandaman said:
:lol
So childish.

protip: While you have the right to throw anyone under the bus within your tournaments, you don't have the right to make anyone else like it.
Different people make different value judgments when given the same information, its unfortunate i know.

Yeah childish. :lol "Hey people, I don't like it, so everybody boycott her tournaments." Yeah okay.

Funny thing is, I've already put this behind me but people are still bringing it up. :lol

It's like Kaako's parents are fighting.

It's okay Kaako. Mommy and Daddy still loves you. Even though we're fighting because of you. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Joekage said:

no true sakura player would ever gamble with her.
you not are worthy of her moe~.

i will defend her honour from you!

but i've seen the gaf saks, you'll be disappointed.
bad footsies, limited mixup options, etc.
you'll be disappointed.

Kadey said:
Yeah childish. :lol "Hey people, I don't like it, so everybody boycott her tournaments." Yeah okay.

Funny thing is, I've already put this behind me but people are still bringing it up. :lol
Right, its so far behind you that you had to bring it up again, despite it not being directly related to what i said.

you're hopeless. :lol
Have your fun, i'm already bored.

Joekage

dragonballjoseph said:
My Sakura is the reigning GAF champ (as officiated by me), so I hope you know what you're getting into.

Though I don't main Sakura, and don't truly focus on her more-so than using her for combo exhibitions, I'll be sure to practice extra hard to take that title from you my friend. ^_^

St mk xx lk tatsu - cr fierce EX shouoken FADC cr short - cr jab - cr fierce xx EX tatsu U1 all day baby!

Looks at health bar... oh wow look at the scaling. Also if I lose to Panda's Sak, I'll just get revenge with Cody and pretend he's Sak. Win Win situation until I start to picture Cody in a pair of bloomers..:(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Pandaman said:
no true sakura player would ever gamble with her.
you not are worthy of her moe~.

i will defend her honour from you!

but i've seen the gaf saks, you'll be disappointed.
bad footsies, limited mixup options, etc.
you'll be disappointed.

Right, its so far behind you that you had to bring it up again, despite it not being directly related to what i said.

you're hopeless. :lol
Have your fun, i'm already bored.

See, there you go again. Trying to twist things around. Trust me, as certain people could tell you. If I actually cared, things would be even more uglier than it really is. I could say more things but instead I said my explanation and that was that. On, that was my first time responding directly to you. I'm totally bringing it up again. :lol

hitsugi

Enough.

We should create a GAF member compilation combo video. I used to make combo videos back in the early MVC2 / CVS days as "hiryu" on SRK and Gamecombos. They were a ton of fun until impossible for human combo vids took over and I couldn't find one of those pads..

memories ; ;

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Joekage said:
Though I don't main Sakura, and don't truly focus on her more-so than using her for combo exhibitions, I'll be sure to practice extra hard to take that title from you my friend. ^_^

St mk xx lk tatsu - cr fierce EX shouoken FADC cr short - cr jab - cr fierce xx EX tatsu U1 all day baby!
although i secretly respect dbj's sak [dont tell him that tho], i think the two of you both have the sakflu, where you end up looking for longer and more complex combos with little functional benefits. >_> for example, there's really no reason to fadc an ex shouken. ever. you get like 15 damage over a fierce shouken. >_>

pandas school of sakura is keep it safe and keep it modular.

Looks at health bar... oh wow look at the scaling. Also if I lose to Panda's Sak, I'll just get revenge with Cody and pretend he's Sak. Win Win situation until I start to picture Cody in a pair of bloomers..:(
your damn cody. :lol
im still salty over a couple of those matches.
dem pressure strings. :(

deadnoob

Is it worth it (price and effort) to build my own arcade stick for the 360? I've made a fullsize MAME cabinet, but I don't know it is is worth the money and trouble of taking apart an xbox controller and soldering it all together.

Is that 360 SIV arcade stick decent? I figure I could make my own for about $30-40, but considering I can get the SFIV stick for $54 on amazon, it might be worth it. There is also the Happ EX2 for $50. Anyone have any advice?

I'm not a hardcore fighting game fan by any means, but playing with a controller just feels wrong.

My Sakura's so Godlike.

Sorry for the leave Greg, internet never wants me to play SSF4 for more than half an hour before stopping, and I don't want it to disconnect during my whooping.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
hitsugi said:
Enough.

We should create a GAF member compilation combo video. I used to make combo videos back in the early MVC2 / CVS days as "hiryu" on SRK and Gamecombos. They were a ton of fun until impossible for human combo vids took over and I couldn't find one of those pads..

memories ; ;

I've been having fun using Ken. I'm purposely using him because of the lower damage input and because of all the combos he has. Getting those Eva links down. :D

fadctrick.gif

kencombo.gif

kencombo2.gif

hitsugi

deadnoob said:
Is it worth it (price and effort) to build my own arcade stick for the 360? I've made a fullsize MAME cabinet, but I don't know it is is worth the money and trouble of taking apart an xbox controller and soldering it all together.

Is that 360 SIV arcade stick decent? I figure I could make my own for about $30-40, but considering I can get the SFIV stick for $54 on amazon, it might be worth it. There is also the Happ EX2 for $50. Anyone have any advice?

I'm not a hardcore fighting game fan by any means, but playing with a controller just feels wrong.

If you aren't getting a TE or NON-ex2 HRAP, it's best to build your own with sanwa parts if you want the real arcade feel.

If your budget is in the $50 range, I'm not even sure if you could build your own due to the housing costs.. go for the regular Mad Catz fight stick and button swap or something. MarkMan could contribute to this..

deadnoob

hitsugi said:
If you aren't getting a TE or NON-ex2 HRAP, it's best to build your own with sanwa parts if you want the real arcade feel.

If your budget is in the $50 range, I'm not even sure if you could build your own due to the housing costs.. go for the regular Mad Catz fight stick and button swap or something. MarkMan could contribute to this..

Thanks. That's what I was leaning towards but I couldn't make up my mind.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I know nothing about arcade sticks (visit the arcade stick thread or PM me if you want advice/info).

But I do know. Kadey is awesome. It's very simple. Just do your thing, she'll do hers. If people can't handle that, they shouldn't post it. If it's offending you directly, bring it up with her privately. I'll giggle at the fact that she gets so many of you riled up on the internet.

I'll also giggle at the way her nose scrunches up all cute like when we do that thing.

Imm0rt4l

Threi said:
aw man that's ballsack :(

gg though, I need to really learn the gief matchup. Apparently 90% of the giefs I play are asscheeks, I learned this the hard way at evo when I got eliminated by a really good gief.

Kadey said:
I've been having fun using Ken. I'm purposely using him because of the lower damage input and because of all the combos he has. Getting those Eva links down. :D

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9169/fadctrick.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2532/kencombo.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/4220/kencombo2.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

oh wow, you got [I]those[/I]?

Gyrian

hitsugi said:
feels like I'm doing this all the fucking time.

gyrian and ...i forgot his name (sorry ; ;) watched my Guy dumb it way down to take care of this blanka that came into our endless room earlier today D:

..this blanka was seriously a prime reason for GAF blanka hate. got the most random wins I have ever ever seen when he was being totally outplayed. it was just weird to witness and I hope they took care of him after I left

Not only was he crushed the match right after you went, he immediately left afterwards. XD
Laughs were had, and some festivities too.

micrometaru.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Imm0rt4l said:
oh wow, you got those?

Yeah. Post for new page. I've been using him a lot recently. It's so fun to do his combos in a real match. It might be just me but he seems to have even more links than in vanilla.

fadctrick.gif

kencombo.gif

kencombo2.gif

Speaking of Blanka. I ran into another bizarre Ultra incident with one. The opponent did his Ultra and I jumped over it while it rolled passed me. Somehow though, it still like backtracked or something and hit me. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Kadey said:
See, there you go again. Trying to twist things around. Trust me, as certain people could tell you. If I actually cared, things would be even more uglier than it really is. I could say more things but instead I said my explanation and that was that. On, that was my first time responding directly to you. I'm totally bringing it up again. :lol
You really seem to want to involve me in something, but for the life of me i cant figure out why. Its not like we ever talk, what possible weight does our respective opinions hold with each other that either of us could be spiteful?

so for the interest of good n' proper rigourous debate:
-i don't put any weight in how hard you could troll 'if you actually cared', Do you care when some scrub messages you that he could beat you 'if he actually tried'?

-second of all, and this is the part where things got boring: If i state that there is a difference of opinion above and beyond the available data, To then simply reiterating that data and your opinion is so baffling that it temporarily brought me to question your grasp on the English language. Can you really not see that repetition is not an argument? The correct responses would be to agree, challenge the assumption of equal unbiased merit or to present new evidence not previously considered. That's if you cared for a resolution, of course.

-Third and finally: I was quite capable of reading your other posts on the topic. This is a public forum so you don't have to personally reiterate your argument every time you respond to a different person, after all: I wouldn't have been able to respond if i did not know your opinion.

These are fairly simple things, oft ignored when people are more interested in the argument than the resolution. I wouldn't mind arguing with you, but a fight is boring.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Pandaman said:
You really seem to want to involve me in something, but for the life of me i cant figure out why. Its not like we ever talk, what possible weight does our respective opinions hold with each other that either of us could be spiteful?

so for the interest of good n' proper rigourous debate:
-i don't put any weight in how hard you could troll 'if you actually cared', Do you care when some scrub messages you that he could beat you 'if he actually tried'?

-second of all, and this is the part where things got boring: If i state that there is a difference of opinion above and beyond the available data, To then simply reiterating that data and your opinion is so baffling that it temporarily brought me to question your grasp on the English language. Can you really not see that repetition is not an argument? The correct responses would be to agree, challenge the assumption of equal unbiased merit or to present new evidence not previously considered. That's if you cared for a resolution, of course.

-Third and finally: I was quite capable of reading your other posts on the topic. This is a public forum so you don't have to personally reiterate your argument every time you respond to a different person, after all: I wouldn't have been able to respond if i did not know your opinion.

These are fairly simple things, oft ignored when people are more interested in the argument than the resolution. I wouldn't mind arguing with you, but a fight is boring.

Seriously. Just end it. Now it's just getting annoying.

EraldoCoil said:
Loser leaves town grudge matches.....

Loser leaves GAF for good......

I'd like to start drama but I don't have the skills to back it up right now.

Damn Mad Catz Fightpad. I input quarter circle you piece of shit...

Morris

Disco Devil
Gyrian said:
Not only was he crushed the match right after you went, he immediately left afterwards. XD
Laughs were had, and some festivities too.

micrometaru.gif

I need to stop falling to random wake up ultras. Every damn time.

But yeah, right after hitsugi left that blanka got beasted bad by that doodley.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Real talk. I've been planning on doing T6, MVSC2, TVC and HDR tournaments as well. The first three looks very unlikely. Not too sure if 48 people would want in for them. I doubt I could get a dozen yet alone that number for T6. HDR looks promising. Many of us still play it.

And Happy Birthday Adam.

hitsugi

Morro! said:
I need to stop falling to random wake up ultras. Every damn time.

But yeah, right after hitsugi left that blanka got beasted bad by that doodley.

oh! you're floydnova.. have we played on XBL or something? or maybe previously on PSN? that name is so familiar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom