• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

I like that she wants people to know. It's not a dark secret or putting her friends and family in danger, it's fucking awesome that she has superpowers.

HqdlPLv.jpg

This concept is dope.

Dajanksta

Banned
She's a cute ass girl but I didn't like the acting from her and it seemed kinda shitty... :(

That being said I'll give it a shot because I thought the flash looked shitty and I love that damn show now.

Seriously Supes has to show up eventually, they can't keep having shit go down with his cousin involved and he just can't be assed to show up.

They really should've just had him not exist instead of opening up that can of worms.

Seriously Supes has to show up eventually, they can't keep having shit go down with his cousin involved and he just can't be assed to show up.

They really should've just had him not exist and instead of opening up that can of worms.

Agreed.

Trinity should have been Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl, backed up by Firestorm, Canary, ATOM, etc.

MisterHero

They really should've just had him not exist and instead of opening up that can of worms.
Superman disappeared after exposure to Gold Kryptonite and lives on as Jordan Elliot Danvers, Kara's adoptive father

Believe

Grisby

I'll say that it looks very earnest.
Valtýr;163849777 said:
I'll give it credit for being the literal antithesis of the awful Man of Steel series.
This. I like that it's more on the brighter and cheerier side.

Trojan X

Banned
Too many felicity girls. They need to do something about that. I know that supergirl always had a big mouth in which she loves to tell everyone about her secret identity but i wishthey gave her wigso she doesn't look likea carbon felicity from Arrow. Combining her, the black canary, now her, its exhausting that these girls has nearly the same style. Other than that i am little on the fence with this... everything truly depends on the story and logic in respect to realism. Example, in the flash, there was an episode where he blew away a massive fire but the smoke didn't move. Things like that is infuriating.

I'm torn between "I can't keep watching it's making me cringe so hard" and "some of this stuff seems decent."

I'll give it an episode or two before deciding how I feel about it.

Phyranion

I'm gonna need to see some villains before I make up my mind. A superhero show is nothing without a bunch of cool villains.

DaveH

Which means he'd be Superman for at least 12 years by the time Kara became Supergirl... Doesn't bode well for the Flash/Arrow universe sharing.
Not necessarily. ARGUS and the DEO exist. The true test is when did James take that photo and publish it.

That said, who needs another tie-in show? We already have Legends coming down and if they do a cross-over eventually continuity is typically the last worry... remember when "Martial Law" and "Early Edition" crossed over? Or "Magnum, P.I." with "Murder, She Wrote"? Much of ABC's T.G.I.F. line-up has crossed-over at one point or another (CSIs, Law and Orders, etc). World-building is rarely a priority in these.

There was never going to be a shared universe on the same level of Flash/Arrow because Supergirl shoots in L.A. and the CW shows shoot in Vancouver... at best, we were going to get really rare cross-overs cameos and those aren't precluded yet.

Maddocks

Looked good, was hoping flash and arrow would find their way into the show, but when they start talking about superman and all of that, it kinda ends that hope real flash(fast).

Katori

Guys, Supergirl can still cross over with the Arrowverse without even MENTIONING Kal-El, and I guarantee it will happen at some point if this show runs longer than one season.

Even if they have to use the multiverse, these are comic book shows. There's a million explanations to choose from. Hell, give them numbered universes in the actual DC Multiverse. Arrowverse is Earth-50 and Supergirlverse is Earth-37. Solved your problem, right there.

I wonder what villains we'll see in Supergirl.

I doubt we'll see Zod and Lex Luthor.

Brainiac, Metallo, and...? I also doubt any villain used in Arrow/Flash will show up.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
very hokey but promising. at least she's flying

also its nice to see Chyler Leigh get some work. Not Another Teen Movie was a loonnnggg time ago

chyler_leigh_2002_05_16.jpg

Dude she was in Grey Anatomy for quite a long time.
And she also was on one of the funniest show on TV Taxi Brooklyn

But yeah atleast she still making bank.

RF hitting her would be like hitting a brick wall.

Only chance would be if he used the sonic boom punch

Speed Force bro, he would do damage if he was at his full power.

Corpekata

Banned
er, why does it?

If Superman is a world famous celebrity for a decade in Supergirl's universe, it would be odd for the various characters to have never mentioned him. When people like the Flash showed up in the Arrowverse it was treated like a miracle. If Supes was around and presumably fighting bad guys it would be pretty common place.

Maddocks

er, why does it?

because its superman, it seems from the clips he has been running around for awhile now and has even told his best bud james his secret. Superman is a world saver, not a city one. While most of his problems are driven to one city he has no problems going other places. So why would he ignore big issues in other major cities? He wouldn't. So only way I see it ever happening and it being tied together would be because flash jumped to another universe.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
because its superman, it seems from the clips he has been running around for awhile now and has even told his best bud james his secret. Superman is a world saver, not a city one. While most of his problems are driven to one city he has no problems going other places. So why would he ignore big issues in other major cities? He wouldn't. So only way I see it ever happening and it being tied together would be because flash jumped to another universe.

If Superman is a world famous celebrity for a decade in Supergirl's universe, it would be odd for the various characters to have never mentioned him. When people like the Flash showed up in the Arrowverse it was treated like a miracle. If Supes was around and presumably fighting bad guys it would be pretty common place.

Flash finale next week has time travel, could be used in a way to accommodate this show.

I doubt it thought tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom