• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty certain there isn't one and that the EW article is erroneous.

Anyway, looks decent. Not sure about the workplace comedy elements or Superman's role in this show, though.

I think it's from a really, really old quote or hint back when the show was first being pitched. It's very easy for details like that to have been changed in the meantime.

If it has changed and LOT of people are going to end up crest fallen when they don't have to be.

Frog-fu

Banned
This looks like a what-if scenario of Ugly Betty as a superhero. I'm not really feeling it but I'll still give it a shot.

If she's 12 and Kal-el is a baby when they both leave Krypton, how is he already an established hero everyone knows when she is 24? Wouldn't he be a pre-teen still?

G-Fex

I now want to see Reverse Flash take on Supergirl.

That'd be a hell of a match up, huh.

K8htoDl.jpg

RF hitting her would be like hitting a brick wall.

Only chance would be if he used the sonic boom punch

For me it was a bit cringe-worthy and too perky. I don't think I'm the target audience for this but I hope it turns out good for those interested either way.

Skux

"A cape aids with aerodynamics..."

Well it doesn't lol, but if it means Supergirl wears a cape, it does.

Looks good but rough on the animation and CGI (if that's what you can call it) but I can feel the "Girl Power" coming from this that I like. I'm not feeling the whole Devils wear Prada assistant to Superhero at night theme but I'm sure it gets bigger from there.

So all in all, consider me day one!

MisterHero

If she's 12 and Kal-el is a baby when they both leave Krypton, how is he already an established hero everyone knows when she is 24? Wouldn't he be a pre-teen still?
She was supposed to watch over him as he grew up but she got stuck in suspended animation along the way

ryseing

The "your cousin" stuff is going to get really old really quick, especially since he can't be a regular.

Much prefer the original idea that was being thrown around of the CW-verse Trinity with no Superman at all. But I guess they have to sell the show somehow.

Gotchaye

Look okay. I'll give it a shot. The special effects don't look as good as the Flash though.

But man, every hero in the Arrowverse is terrible at keeping their secret identities. It's only the pilot and already her sister, her love interest, and Jimmy Olsen know.

Not that I'm complaining, mind. The hero trying to keep their loved ones from finding out their secret identity is always one of the more annoying aspects of superhero stories. I just think it's funny is all.

I'm not sure she's trying very hard to keep her identity a secret. Generally I like how these shows are differentiating themselves in more-or-less natural ways. Arrow is a Batman-type who heroes because of his tragic past, spends most of his time on street crime, and as a vigilante with a body count has a complicated relationship with the police. Flash is a much lighter, more Spiderman-ish type who stumbled into powers and thinks they're really awesome. He doesn't actually seem to have great reasons to worry about not letting people know his identity other than as a favor to Joe.

Supergirl just doesn't care very much. And it makes some sense. I mean, she's the same kind of thing that just leveled a city (provided this is post- Man of Steel) and she doesn't have Flash's vulnerability to sucker punches. I guess there's the old "they'll come after the people close to me" thing, but I'm not sure she's even spending much of her time dealing with the sorts of villains where that's a concern (although I'm sure there will be lots of standard kidnapped Lois Lane plots).

Razmos

Flash was the same way, really.
I really should get around to watching that. Can you watch Flash without watching Arrow? I hear Flash is good and Arrow is terrible.

Gonna be watching Supergirl regardless. It's funny that people are saying "It's Ugly Betty with superpowers" in a negative light and I was thinking the exact same thing and absolutely loving it.

anaron

some of us have hated that Supernan exists in this from the get go and have wished he didn't exist at all in this world but I'm just gonna hope that they handle it well cuz the show is gonna be crazy

Now they need to introduce a Slade/Reverse Flash level antagonist. Someone with swag oozing out every pore of his or her very being

lol the lesbian part killed me

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny. I like that Kara and what's-his-face seem to have a really good easy-going chemistry.

RF hitting her would be like hitting a brick wall.

Only chance would be if he used the sonic boom punch

RF can't fly tho

When are we gonna get the crossover where Supergirl shows up all bright and happy in Starling and then Ollie tells her to get the hell out of his city?

Skux

I hope this doesn't turn into a Gossip Girl type situation where they have licensed music everywhere. The Flash's drama could be way cheesier but the orchestral music tunes it back and keeps the whole thing feeling epic. Sticking a pop/indie/alt rock song in an emotional scene just cheapens it a lot of the time.

I really should get around to watching that. Can you watch Flash without watching Arrow? I hear Flash is good and Arrow is terrible.

Gonna be watching Supergirl regardless. It's funny that people are saying "It's Ugly Betty with superpowers" in a negative light and I was thinking the exact same thing and absolutely loving it.
Arrow most certainly isn't terrible, Season 1 and especially season 2 was awesome, the problem is season 3 kinda fell off but with any luck it will pick up again for season 4

I hope this doesn't turn into a Gossip Girl type situation where they have licensed music everywhere. The Flash's drama could be way cheesier but the orchestral music tunes it back and keeps the whole thing feeling epic. Sticking a pop/indie/alt rock song in an emotional scene just cheapens it a lot of the time.

What, not a fan of

I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

tumblr_static_ex7lt1m3yg8o4wocgswgsc48s.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned

Flash is great, Arrow has a rough first season with a solid landing, a fun second season, and then an annoyingly thoughtless third season.

I'd say watch the couple episodes of Arrow that introduce Barry Allen, then go into Flash. And maybe the crossover episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom