• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Comet_(Earth-One)_001.jpg

He's referring to Supergirl here, obviously. Then there was that time he turned human...

XG70H.jpg

comet_action301.jpg

sgsat_ac302_6.png

Reigun I taught you better. How you going to post that and not the Transgender Angel Ice Elemental Mutant Horse Comet?

Flash's costume remains godlike.

Ugh, no.
Next season it really needs to take inspiration from the absolutely perfect Reverse Flash suit.
The leather & cloth thing doesn't work and cloth shoulders don't work with the huge rubber cowl.
only the zipper moved to the back could make it any better.
Besides Batman in BvsS might just be the best comic costume ever.

RedAssedApe

Banned
They were both on Glee at the same time right?

sort of. Melissa was a regular. Grant popped in for an arc and showed up a few more times after that. I can't remember if they were actually on the show at the same time though.

he was a villain who was trying to steal someone's boyfriend on the show :)

Okay, not just me then.

I mean, yes, it's a cheesy pop song, but this is a show about Supergirl for god's sake. Can people seriously handle the cheese-factor of this:

...but not thirty seconds of pop music? We're not playing Katy Perry over Citizen Kane here.

They should have gotten Blake Neely to do a theme song and make it epic.

Oh man, why isn't that pose on the cover the goddamn poster? Arms folded, smirking like "I'm having so much fun being Supergirl right now."

Love these

Ugh, no.
Next season it really needs to take inspiration from the absolutely perfect Reverse Flash suit.
The leather & cloth thing doesn't work and cloth shoulders don't work with the huge rubber cowl.

only the zipper moved to the back could make it any better.
Besides Batman in BvsS might just be the best comic costume ever.

I'm honestly not too fond of the veiny texture around the symbol. I think they'll keep pulling from the classic costume with some New 52 stuff mixed in. Sleeker, brighter, tron-line-ier.

I wanna see a goofy group shot of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Black Canary, White Canary, Atom, Firestorm, Caitlyn, Cisco, Diggle, Lyla, Arsenal, Speedy, Malcolm, WELLS, Felicity, Captain Cold, Heatwave, Hawkgirl, Rip Torn, and Nyssa

BBboy20

totes adorbs

7dIK6Wb.jpg
If that isn't a comic-book self-portrait, I don't know what is.

Oh man, why isn't that pose on the cover the goddamn poster? Arms folded, smirking like "I'm having so much fun being Supergirl right now."
lol, was just about to say. I think he already knew though but just meant for the trailer

edit: there we go. :p

and badass kara in isolation

nj9XBf6.jpg
Believe in the Supergirl that believes in you.

I know it has been said multiple times before, but it bears repeating. It is so great to see some superheroes that are happy and enjoying their powers. Let's get some positivity up in here!

anaron

Not event going to look for it. Let's see how the show actually turns out before getting too disappointed.
seriously.

the best is reading comments like "arrow and is flash is amazing not this girly devil wears Pravda shit!" when this is by the exact same team and they're reacting to two scenes in a trailer

I'm honestly not too fond of the veiny texture around the symbol. I think they'll keep pulling from the classic costume with some New 52 stuff mixed in. Sleeker, brighter, tron-line-ier.

Yeah Its meh but I think there is a story reason its there so im fine with it.
Those shoulder pads though would help Flash's costume a great amount.

Wiktor

I know it has been said multiple times before, but it bears repeating. It is so great to see some superheroes that are happy and enjoying their powers. Let's get some positivity up in here!
It;s the scene where she's flying through the city and her boss sees her that gets me. Supergirl looks so damn happy there. Like a kid on Christmas' Eve :)
Plus it will be good to see a superhero who's very feminine, kind and just...well..."girly" and yet can still kick royal ass. Too often "badass women" in live action mean mean rough, brutal and cold

Joni

They were both on Glee at the same time right?
Grant doesn't appear in too many episodes. He did three episodes in Season 4 & 5 while Melissa Benoist was also on the show. They would have seen each other in Season 5's Love, Love, Love where the Warblers and the New Directions sing together with both in their respective glee clubs, and Season 4's Thanksgiving where the same two clubs compete against each other. They might have met during Dynamic Duets but they don't share scenes together I believe. That episode is however important because it is the 'Holding Out For A Hero' episode.

Shaanyboi

Banned
oh look, IGN just posted yet another dumbass "why supergirl trailer is disappointing" thinkpiece

it's amazing how many of her complaints are found in the Flash's premiere trailer...

- a hero with self doubt
- protagonist's personal life being non-existent or sub-par
- a potential love interest that the hero pines over (even though I didn't see Kara actually pining over anyone in that trailer beyond her being impressed with celebrity photographer James Olson, no differently than how Barry fawns over multiple scientists in Flash, or how Peter fawns over Octavius in Spider-Man 2)
- a hero coming out in a tight outfit and going "NOPE, THIS OUTFIT IS SILLY"

The writer willfully had blinders on to how other female superheroes are portrayed on TV (Black Canary, White Canary, Nyssa Al Ghul, MOST of the women on Agents of SHIELD including Mockingbird, May etc.) There's nothing inherently wrong with a new female superhero expressing some modicum of femininity, especially when it doesn't come at the cost sacrifice her ability to be a capable badass.

It;s the scene where she's flying through the city and her boss sees her that gets me. Supergirl looks so damn happy there. Like a kid on Christmas' Eve :)
Plus it will be good to see a superhero who's very feminine, kind and just...well..."girly" and yet can still kick royal ass. Too often "badass women" in live action mean mean rough, brutal and cold
Yup. Super cute girl next door look, and she can cram a truck down your throat without even thinking about it and have a smile on her face.

Arrow and The Flash Producer Gives Update on Supergirl Crossover Potential

When it came to the question of whether CBS will let Supergirl do crossovers with the DC Comics series on CW -- something Berlanti has previously expressed interest in -- he told Variety that while he'd love to see Supergirl join forces with those DC superheroes, it's not currently in the cards. "The network has said publicly at this point they’re going to keep her to themselves,” he said. “I always approach the shows as a fan first, so I would love to see [a crossover].

Is there any possibility though that things could change? Says Berlanti, "I think in success, all things are possible. But there’s a lot that would have to happen before everybody might say yes to that.”

I want crossovers as soon as possible. I'm very invested in the idea of shared universes and knowing the other characters are out there makes it just irritating when they don't interact.

I'm not one of those people who thinks it detracts from a show or protag when guest stars show up. In fact, I think it enhances it and gets more people interested.

DaveH

I want crossovers as soon as possible. I'm very invested in the idea of shared universes and knowing the other characters are out there makes it just irritating when they don't interact.

I'm not one of those people who thinks it detracts from a show or protag when guest stars show up. In fact, I think it enhances it and gets more people interested.
What would be more irritating is if the shows blow their budgets, schedules, and good will trying to make this happen unnaturally. The reason Arrow and Flash work so well is because they're literally the same location, lawyers, logistics, etc. They save money doubling up on Vancouver.

Supergirl is in Los Angeles with an entirely different crew, different location, different network, different sponsors, different lawyers, etc. With success "anything is possible" but the hassle of forcing a cross-over loses you money, puts everyone on edge, and makes no logistical sense.

I don't want it to happen for a while. I want Supergirl to have its own voice, which it looks like it will have. I want fun, excitement and optimism. I don't want the cesspool of Arrow season three to ruin that.

I don't want it to happen for a while. I want Supergirl to have its own voice, which it looks like it will have. I want fun, excitement and optimism. I don't want the cesspool of Arrow season three to ruin that.

No one wants it to happen unnaturally, but it should happen, otherwise the absence of it will be felt just as much as if they did it too soon.

And, it should be Barry, not Oliver, who crosses.

Finaika

Supergirl to join the Justice League in the 2nd episode :p

I agree wholeheartedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom