• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Liked Kara and her doing Super things, hated everything else.

It's really the SNL Black Widow trailer come to life. We'll see.

Also, they established Clark exists and yet, this is in the same universe as Flash/Arrow. Yeah, that's gonna be a issue.

Tabby

Liked Kara and her doing Super things, hated everything else.

It's really the SNL Black Widow trailer come to life. We'll see.

Also, they established Clark exists and yet, this is in the same universe as Flash/Arrow. Yeah, that's gonna be a issue.

They've referenced Harley, Bruce and Green Lantern.
Referencing Superman I have no problems with.

Pilgrimzero

Love it. Can't wait to watch it. That sense if fun and hope unlike in the Superman movie.

Weird that Jimmy is HAWT, but whatever.

And Cats lips freak me out.

They can't cameo to build hype for said movies/crossover movies?

Apparently not. For example, I doubt they'll ever show Bruce start his journey to becoming Batman in Gotham and in Arrow/Flash they can't do more than vague mentions of stuff like Wayne Enterprises.

That quote that people keep posting about Berlanti saying it was the same Universe as Flash/Arrow is really old. Whether they still are or not remains to be seen honestly. For now though, it's just a name drop.

Ahasverus

They totally showed Superman

xujTAPp.png
That's totally he MoS suit too.

Jimmy Olsen being Superman's messenger is dumb... how are they artificially gonna explain why he's not around? Dicking around in space? We just have Kara following in his footsteps rather than blazing her own trail.

Really wish Kal-El had blown up alongside everyone on Krypton.

DaveH

I'm almost 100 percent certain that 6 minutes only covers the pilot, and the pilot alone.
Based on Flash, I agree.

They're going to get over the identity angst fast and get right to being a super-hero just like Flash.

They know now that's what sells the show, and while whatever serial / soap stuff they have is important, it needs to be in the background rather than the bulk of the show.

I don't want to sound like a MRA guy but I think there was too much of a "YOU GO GIRL!!" kind of tone, like they really want to push the fact that Kara is female and how being female is super important and super awesome

It's most likely a case of Bad Trailer but Good Show

They've never confirmed whether or not he exists in the Arrowverse or not. Apparently he does!

Oliver: Kara, when I was on the Island... I met a man who could deflect bullets with his chest...
Kara: WHAT?!
Diggle: Goddamn it Oliver!!

Neoxon

But this is apparently set in the Arrow verse which he doesn't exist. This is the issue.
This actually confirms that Superman does exist in the Arrowverse. We've already gotten hints of the existence of Harley Quinn, Batman, & more recently Green Lantern. Them doing the same for Superman (albeit in a bit more direct manner) makes sense. And if the show is successful, DC will likely remove all limits on the show like they did for the Flash so they can introduce Superman himself on-screen.

anaron

Yeah, it's pretty typical for TV trailers to basically be advertisement reels that show off the pilot. Hence hitting important plot points, character & world set-ups, a few set pieces, a few jokes.

Judging by that it will likely be a pretty packed pilot since, as people have already pointed out, she puts a suit on like halfway through versus the ten years it took Supes to do the same on Smallville.

I'm just hoping that awful music is like a generic placeholder thing that won't be in the actual show.

oh it definitely is.

Flash and Arrow's Blake Neely is doing the score so we should expect something special. :)

I don't want to sound like a MRA guy but I think there was too much of a "YOU GO GIRL!!" kind of tone, like they really want to push the fact that Kara is female and how being female is super important and super awesome

It's most likely a case of Bad Trailer but Good Show

It totally did. It felt cliched in that sense. Wish there was more of "Birth of Epic Hero" vibe infused there.

That last song choice really didn't help. They should have gotten Blake Neely to whip up a wicked character liet motif and then make it bombastic.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So two questions

1. Is this in the same universe with Flash and Arrow?

2. Are they really going to dance around Superman the whole time? Is he still active? Why would he send other people to talk to his cousin about this stuff instead of talking to her himself? Are they really going to do a whole Supergirl show and expect that people are going to be okay with Supes never ever showing up to say hi?

I mean, in theory they could have just made it so that Superman never existed in this universe, and she was the first Kryptonian hero. Right?

Why is Jimmy... sorry James Olsen a forty something guy? Isn't he supposed to be Peter Parker's age?
What's the timeline? Is Kara older than Clark? They show her as a little girl but Clark is a baby?

Mariolee

So two questions

1. Is this in the same universe with Flash and Arrow?

2. Are they really going to dance around Superman the whole time? Is he still active? Why would he send other people to talk to his cousin about this stuff instead of talking to her himself? Are they really going to do a whole Supergirl show and expect that people are going to be okay with Supes never ever showing up to say hi?

I mean, in theory they could have just made it so that Superman never existed in this universe, and she was the first Kryptonian hero. Right?

1. Most likely, not yet outright confirmed however.

2. No way to know until the show has a few more episodes air.

Skux

I think I'll enjoy this. It still manages to have a different vibe than all the other comic TV shows out there. One part Flash, one part The Devil Wears Prada.

Not sure how the lore will work in Superman though. It seems crazy to have him in the backdrop of the show the whole time and never actually show up.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm not really the target audience for this but I'll give it a try.

"I wasn't always on the Island, Diggle..."

"Yeah, we fucking know that, Oliver."

"For a time, I was in Metropolis... I met this girl there..."

"Let me guess, you fucked her. You a goddamn dirty dog, Oliver, keep it in your pants."

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Not for me. Seems like it was made for eleven year old kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom