• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
i guess thats the
musical episode
?

it was one of the options we discussed

That's a strong possibility. Maybe Mr. Mixy (I'm not going to spell his name ever) just grabs people that Kara knows from both dimensions and stages a singing competition, or something weird like that. He could grab Barry and Joe, pull them into Supergirl's dimension.

Interested to see their take on WF Mxy. That is if they do him (which seems likely they are).

Also, how long was Kara gone from Earth-38? Will they address the multiverse with everybody when she gets back? It would be cool if they share tech and secrets with each other!

Joni

Interested to see their take on WF Mxy. That is if they do him (which seems likely they are).

Also, how long was Kara gone from Earth-38? Will they address the multiverse with everybody when she gets back? It would be cool if they share tech and secrets with each other!

Barry was only gone for a millisecond when he crossed last time, but I think they will make it clear this time. Considering they seem
to have the Dominators as the main enemy for Supergirl next year, they'll need to have her explain

GulAtiCa

Barry was only gone for a millisecond when he crossed last time, but I think they will make it clear this time. Considering they seem
to have the Dominators as the main enemy for Supergirl next year, they'll need to have her explain

For the spoiler:
Where are you hearing that the Dominators will be the main enemy next year?

Yup. Things will be interesting for all the shows.

Man, everything about
the Dominators attacking Krypton (or Earth-38, for that matter) makes no sense. The Dominators' stated goal was to eradicate metahuman threats before they became a threat; Krypton had no metahumans at all from what we know so far and Earth-38 has very, very few.

Joni

Man, everything about
the Dominators attacking Krypton (or Earth-38, for that matter) makes no sense. The Dominators' stated goal was to eradicate metahuman threats before they became a threat; Krypton had no metahumans at all from what we know so far and Earth-38 has very, very few.

But they did have some powerful beings that threatened the fate of the universe. Proven by Kara's dad making a virus that could kill all Dominators. They attacked Earth because of the Metahumans, but they could attack other planets for other powerful beings. As for Earth-38, that might be linked to the story of a certain Daxamite.

Man, everything about

I believe for them it's about strong metahumans and strong superbeings. These superbeings can be human or alien. The Dominator's feel threatened by any kind of super powered beings and will now target Earth-38. They have said that they wanted to exterminate metahumans because they are powerful and can destroy their planet.

They saw how powerful Flash was and can potentially be. They have every right to be scared. Now they can act on those fears. If Barry can go and cause a massive shift in the timeline, then imagine someone who was smarter and knows what they are doing?! Just imagine if Superboy Prime existed. That's what they are afraid of.

They have to take precautions. They believe somebody in the multiverse needs to be the police and so they took it upon themselves to be the police. Which needs to lead to the Lantern Corps!!!!

He said they'd be on Supergirl, he didn't say
they'd be the main villain.
Could be, but not confirmed.

Man, everything about

Kryptonians become superpowered when you move them to planets that have more common features of habitable worlds, such as Earth-level gravity and a yellow sun. They may as well be metas.

Corpekata

Banned

I really hope this isn't true. They were probably the weakest aspect of the crossover, plus a long arc villain that's pure CGI might be awkward. I'm down for them to return, but I hope it's just for a little bit, or a mini-arc.

Besdies I'd think after Vandal Savage they'd have learned to not turn a defeated brief appearance villain into the main threat later. That only rarely works.

If they're so scared of Barry why didn't they go after Eobard too? He's the one that started all the timeline fuckery in the first place!

Barry is largely stationary. Thawne keeps moving.

I really hope this isn't true. They were probably the weakest aspect of the crossover, plus a long arc villain that's pure CGI might be awkward. I'm down for them to return, but I hope it's just for a little bit, or a mini-arc.

Besdies I'd think after Vandal Savage they'd have learned to not turn a defeated brief appearance villain into the main threat later. That only rarely works.

Unsurprising. Mon-El's comic arc is tied pretty strongly to the Dominators.

Joni

He said they'd be on Supergirl, he didn't say
they'd be the main villain.
Could be, but not confirmed.

Okay, that is true. They will still force her to spill the beans if she doesn't do it herself.

Savage failed because they couldn't really stop him and they didn't give him underlings to take the role. With a group you can personalize some of them.

ZeroX03

Banned
Whenever I say his name out loud, I just spell every letter out. And repeat it constantly. Just sounds like I'm babbling a string of letters.

Did you hear Mr M-x-y-z-p-t-l-k is coming to Supergirl?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I saw that earlier. Amazing, amazing story.

Chyler Leigh saw it, commented, and retweeted it - she's a good kid.

I just saw that. And the Supergirl Writers Room retweeted it for good measure.

giphy.gif

I love it. All of it.

Finally caught up with this. J'onn showing his colors considering how much he resists turning into a white martian. Glad there was no Guardian in this episode and found it really dumb that Jimmy was able to take out that ex Marine last episode when he's just a photographer.

I thought Daxomites and Kryptonians were the same genetically. Isn't Daxom just a Krypton colony?

carlsojo

I think the one big thing Supergirl still needs that the other 3 CW shows have is a really, really solid villain. "Cyborg Superman" really isn't doing it for me, and Mama Luthor was soooo booooring.

ZeroX03

Banned
I thought Daxomites and Kryptonians were the same genetically. Isn't Daxom just a Krypton colony?

Daxamites are descended from Kryptonites, traveled to Daxam, bred with the Daxam natives evolved to have slightly different biology hence lead poisoning.

I think the one big thing Supergirl still needs that the other 3 CW shows have is a really, really solid villain. "Cyborg Superman" really isn't doing it for me, and Mama Luthor was soooo booooring.

I think you mean CYBORG SUPERMAN!!

Joni

Cadmus story is supposed to be largely done, so that is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom