• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

Honestly, I can live without her for now. Snapper Carr is fine for pushing Kara.

Yeah, and he's not getting enough screentime as it is.

Since Winn moved over to the DEO and Jimmy is doing the vigilante thing, they've dropped like 95% of the "workplace Kara" stuff, which is too bad, because I always liked that more than the secret agent stuff.

No kidding. Last time I saw her before Supergirl was on The Last Ship this season.

Funny thing is she was on The Last Ship and Last Resort.
Was kinda wasted on Being Human.
tumblr_maozr9cNZy1qhnghdo6_250.gif

Caught up with s2 after reaching the crossover ep in flash and decided to watch all of it first.

Such a big difference from s1, thought s1 was very mediocre, with only like 2 good episodes.
The move to CW almost feels like a relaunch of the show, the new base, the new editor, the alien bar; I never really liked the supergirl bits that much because the physicality and over reliance on cgi (badly composited) just fell flat everytime.

I routinely compared it to flash, where practical effects and action choreography were so much better, perhaps because of having to make to with a lower budget?
Whatever it is, it seems to have crossed over to s2 of supergirl, much better shot scenes, much better pacing, much more visceral action choreography, much better practical shots and cgi blending/compositing.

Sure we get more night shots now, but overall I feel the show has taken a massive leap forward by moving to CW, even Guardian turned out pretty good and I like his look.

I hope it continues the trend for the rest of the season.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Dichen Lachman had one of the best episodes of Dollhouse too. A very good actress imo.

Her and Gjokaj deserved bigger roles in Dollhouse than they got. They were definitely the standout actors in that show. I vaguely remember Season 2 giving them more to work with though.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I, uh, guess everyone that said Melissa's husband had poor chemistry with her called it.

giphy.gif

But seriously, that's sad to hear. Their schedule and the move to Vancouver probably isn't easy on a young marriage.

Edit: Wingfan and I will now be dueling to the death. Winner gets a plane ticket to Vancouver for pilot season

iosefe

It's gonna be Once upon a time up in here with her starting to date Chris Wood I bet

*context: prince charming actordivorced wife to marry costar who played onscreen true love snow white

Grizzlyjin

Joni

Roulette was my favorite so they already had me covered. I'm ambivalent about Metallo, he has potential but was pretty forgettable. Livewire was sorta dope, sorta cookie cutter but you her powerset opens up possibilities.

Kidding aside, I'm also happy Livewire is back. She was fun and she has to redeem herself for that crossover episode.

Grizzlyjin

Kidding aside, I'm also happy Livewire is back. She was fun and she has to redeem herself for that crossover episode.

I'm putting down $50 that the other "fan favorite" is
Silver Banshee. She's the only person I can think of with significant screen time (regular and as a villain) and she was in the Flash/Supergirl crossover. They probably just need to work out something with the actress. Personally, I didn't like Banshee much. Felt too much like a cheap genre show villain.

Or it could be whatever that Brainiac woman was called in Season 1. There really aren't too many other choices.

Joni

I'm putting down $50 that the other "fan favorite" is
Silver Banshee. She's the only person I can think of with significant screen time (regular and as a villain) and she was in the Flash/Supergirl crossover. They probably just need to work out something with the actress. Personally, I didn't like Banshee much. Felt too much like a cheap genre show villain.

Or it could be whatever that Brainiac woman was called in Season 1. There really aren't too many other choices.

Well, we could still have Red Tornado, Maxwell Lord, Toyman, Bizarro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom