• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
kVVyMw6.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Hmm. I have the strong impression that
Lena Kara
are not the only ones we are going to see get closer.

Lena and James or Lena and Wynn is going to happen.

James and Wynn need to get closer. Would be awesome if they kissed.

It would be great if they managed to get him back. He could be a dimension shifter to get away from Lois & Clark Superman.

The level of meta the show would reach if this happened ... and he managed to meet Jeremiah ... well there isn't a word for it. But it would be great.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
im still in s1

cat just confronted kara that she knew she was supergirl

i really, really like cat. she's adorbs :>

Yes! Cat is my favorite character. Definitely the strongest aspect of Season 1.

Joni

No current plans in place for a return of Tyler Hoechlin's Superman, either in a spinoff or another guest role:

http://comicsalliance.com/supergirl-superman-spinoff-return-update/

Booooooh. That entire Justice League thing isn't working out anyway, just do a Superman show with Tyler and launch it with a 60 million movie. It would be better.

The level of meta the show would reach if this happened ... and he managed to meet Jeremiah ... well there isn't a word for it. But it would be great.

They managed some nice Flash reunions so it is really a waste if they couldn't do the same for the old Supes and Supergirl.

Kevin Smith's first Flash episode got Jason Mewes
His second Flash episode got Greg Grunberg
The "Friend of Kevin Smith" in this episode is
his daughter, Harley Quinn Smith

http://comicsalliance.com/supergirl-2017-trailer-livewire-dominators/

KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS; ROULETTE RETURNS
Kara (Melissa Benoist) is moved by the story of a missing woman named Izzy (guest star Harley Quinn Smith) and decides to investigate despite Snapper Carr’s (guest star Ian Gomez) order to leave it alone. Kara takes Mon-El (Chris Wood) with her to the last place Izzy was seen and the duo find themselves thrust through a portal to another planet, Slaver’s Moon, where the downtrodden are sold as slaves. The leader of the trafficking ring is none other than Roulette (guest star Dichen Lachman).
To make matters worse, Slaver’s Moon has a red sun, which means Kara and Mon-El are stripped of their powers and stuck on the planet with no way home. Meanwhile, back on Earth, Alex (Chyler Leigh) blames herself for Kara’s disappearance, fearing she’s become too focused on her new relationship with Maggie (guest star Floriana Lima) and too complacent in watching out for her sister.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So Smith is basically a tv director now. Good for him. Less criticism there. And he gets to do projects he seems to really like. All he does is gush about the CW shows now.

So Smith is basically a tv director now. Good for him. Less criticism there. And he gets to do projects he seems to really like. All he does is gush about the CW shows now.

I'm happy for him. He has some talent and I think the structure of TV helps him reign in his odder tendencies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Kev as a TV director makes sense, he could always get shit done but had very little cinematic sensibilities and was always focused on the writing. TV shows already have their defined style and the team know how to shoot it, the director just serves the script. Plus actors really like him.

Still funny that he won't touch the show with the character he's most acquainted with.

Kev as a TV director makes sense, he could always get shit done but had very little cinematic sensibilities and was always focused on the writing. TV shows already have their defined style and the team know how to shoot it, the director just serves the script. Plus actors really like him.

Still funny that he won't touch the show with the character he's most acquainted with.

I don't think it's all on Smith on that one. I'm sure he'd do it if he was asked. He's mentioned he'd like to write Arrow if given the chance.

He was saying recently on Fatman on Batman he wished he had gotten into tv years ago after these experiences.

He is also directing an episode of The Goldbergs that is set during the release of Burton's Batman.

He only does independent films now, and ones he thinks are going to be fun for himself. I think he's at the point where he just wants to relax and enjoy himself. He's wrapping up his True North trilogy shortly with Moose Jaws. So, he's still making movies; it's just his past 2; Tusk and Yoga Hosers; are definitely an acquired taste. It's likely that Moose Jaws will be similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom