• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

(Psst! Look up the page!)

EDIT: Oh shit, top of the page. That reply is now ruined.

We can repeat the pining for Melissa, flight to Vancouver posts for the 50 pp people.
Let's hope it is all friendly and they both meet a good new partner soon.

Volimar

We can repeat the pining for Melissa, flight to Vancouver posts for the 50 pp people.
Let's hope it is all friendly and they both meet a good new partner soon.

You don't know. Maybe out of shape guys with aspergers and a litany of anxiety disorders along with early onset Alzheimer's is her type.

Joni

You don't know. Maybe out of shape guys with aspergers and a litany of anxiety disorders along with early onset Alzheimer's is her type.

I think I have an advantage, she has a thing for people that can't act and that are devoid of personality.
No, that is too mean, I actually shipped their characters on Glee

I guess it's my turn.

I think I have an advantage, she has a thing for people that can't act and that are devoid of personality.
No, that is too mean, I actually shipped their characters on Glee

giphy.gif

I'm not pretty enough though. :(

Cafeman

Live Wire , Red Tornado, and Metallo are interesting enough , I'd like to see them return for an episode. Silver Banshee could be recast if needed. She needs a strong and frightening nemesis, the "Reverse Flash" of the Supergirl world. Not sure who that would be.

It looks like Cadmus and Hank Henshaw (CYBORG SUPERMAN CYBORG SUPERMAN) appear to be this season's returning villains.

Given Supergirl's history in comics with the LoSH, I wish they'd have an arc where she would journey to the 25th (?) Century along with Mon-El, help the Legion with whatever, meet Brainiac 5 and get smitten, and then return. Then every now and then Legion enemies could appear from time travel to challenge Supergirl. I'm dreamin', I know.

KonradLaw

Live Wire , Red Tornado, and Metallo are interesting enough , I'd like to see them return for an episode. Silver Banshee could be recast if needed. She needs a strong and frightening nemesis, the "Reverse Flash" of the Supergirl world. Not sure who that would be.

Superboy Prime seems like the most obvious pick.
Superman-Prime.jpg

He's more than match for Kara, with multiverse already established his backstory would be no problem and the Girl vs Boy rivarly would just sweeten the deal.

caliph95

Superboy Prime seems like the most obvious pick.
Superman-Prime.jpg

He's more than match for Kara, with multiverse already established his backstory would be no problem and the Girl vs Boy rivarly would just sweeten the deal.

Oh Allah no, are you sure there isn't anyone else.

Seriously though he is probably too strong for her

KonradLaw

Well, shit. When everyone and their mother said they didn't have romantic chemistry when acting I didn't think it'd extend to real life.

Well..let's not assume on screen sexual chemistry translates to real-life one. Otherwise imagine the wonders that would have happened on Arrow S1's set after work ;D

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The next crossover could start with Superboy Prime punching a hole into th--I can't. The wounds are still too fresh.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anything regarding Sanvers in 2B of Supergirl?
Though there are a few bumps in the road ahead, Supergirl is truly investing in the Alex and Maggie dynamic. “The important thing is that we’re committed to this relationship and we’re committed to seeing it grow, change, blossom, and struggle, but also get stronger, deeper and more loving as we go forward,” EP Andrew Kreisberg says. “I don’t think people need to worry that suddenly this relationship is going to go by the wayside. It’s going to have it’s ups and downs, but we’re committed to Alex and Maggie — we’re as committed to Alex and Maggie as the audience is.”
http://ew.com/tv/2016/12/23/spoiler-room-shield-12-monkeys-supergirl/

ZeroX03

Banned
This is not a good thing. The writer are effectively locked in to a decision, not entirely due to narrative forces.

I really hope they actually write out Maggie if they need to and not just hold on to that relationship as an absolute. That would suck--in the same way Iris + Barry sucks.

Write out maybe, but she's basically impervious to death after The 100 controversy. Even from a show with a gay and lesbian creator, they're going to have to handle Maggie and Alex with kid gloves now. Good thing they made her a series regular, boy if she was recurring and got another show...

Joni

Write out maybe, but she's basically impervious to death after The 100 controversy. Even from a show with a gay and lesbian creator, they're going to have to handle Maggie and Alex with kid gloves now. Good thing they made her a series regular, boy if she was recurring and got another show...

Even that, Grey's Anatomy got attacked for how they wrote out Hahn. They would have to bring someone better on board first.

This is not a good thing. The writer are effectively locked in to a decision, not entirely due to narrative forces.

I really hope they actually write out Maggie if they need to and not just hold on to that relationship as an absolute. That would suck--in the same way Iris + Barry sucks.

The chemistry is largely there. This isn't any worse than say Barry/Iris or in the case of Supergirl itself, Kara/Monel.

To get away from the creepy, our favorite villains are returning.
http://tvline.com/2016/12/27/supergirl-spoilers-season-2-livewire-metallo-returning/
They haven't told which fan favorites but who knows.

There's no fan favorite villains. This show is lousy at villains.

I'd guess Silver Banshee or Maxwell Lord. Italia Ricci is full time on Designated Survivor so scheduling or contracts might be an issue there.

They need some better villains.

Get a former Doctor like Eccleston or Tenant as Manchester Black.

Joni

Eccleston is horrible when he doesn't care so I hope that they would get Tennant. Or a Spartacus actor. Or an earth Supergirl version of Deadshot or one of the other iconic villains. What would Deathstroke do on this earth?

ZeroX03

Banned
From TVLine's Winter Preview. PLEASE YES ON THE BOLDED
“A lot of secrets have been brewing this season,” executive producer Ali Adler acknowledges, promising that “we’ll get definitive answers” in the back half. For starters, we’ll find out what Mon-El is hiding, and why he claims not to remember “that almost unsatisfying kiss” he shared with Kara. “We’ll explore more of that relationship,” Adler says. “Kara still has to figure out how she feels about him.” Meanwhile, Alex and Maggie face a new crop of “complications”; Winn will learn “what it means to be a hero” (and will “get a little taste of love” for himself); Lena and Kara grow “closer,” leading to a possible shift in the Luthor/Super dynamic; and an army of enemies will emerge, including legendary DC Comics prankster Mr. Mxyzptlk. (“He’s a really funny character, and we’re going to get a lot of that humor.”)

Mario007

Honestly it doesn't sound like the rest of the season will be that great based on that preview. There's not a single thread there to get super hyped about.

Joni

Honestly it doesn't sound like the rest of the season will be that great based on that preview. There's not a single thread there to get super hyped about.

They didn't give away anything about the big villains yet, so excitement should come from there.

So with the fact that in the show Mon-El is his real name and not just a title given to him, have the writers just forgotten that the whole El part of Mon-El's name implies a relation to Kara and Clark or are we gonna get a really awkward reveal in the second part of the season that the two indeed are related?

Toa TAK

Banned
Don't you mean CYBORG SUPERMAN!!!
NO I MEAN cyborg superman.
So with the fact that in the show Mon-El is his real name and not just a title given to him, have the writers just forgotten that the whole El part of Mon-El's name implies a relation to Kara and Clark or are we gonna get a really awkward reveal in the second part of the season that the two indeed are related?
Oh YES

That way people can divert their attention from Barry & Iris' relationship.

ZeroX03

Banned

They're just using Mon-El because it's by far the name he's most well known as and what they want him to be referred to as. I don't know if they'll address it, and would not be surprised or care if they do not. They won't be related.

At one point the comics changed it to M'Onel. They should do that here, just to keep it from seeming incesty.

MartyStu

Hmm. I have the strong impression that
Lena Kara
are not the only ones we are going to see get closer.

Lena and James or Lena and Wynn is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom