• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to think of it, though, John has always been a vessel for Michael. I don't see why Lucifer would take that form. But I guess I also don't see why Michael would talk to Sam instead of Dean.

I do wonder if all the circumstantial events (pennies, hair pin, etc) that allowed Sam and Dean to survive this episode are God's way of helping out. Kind of in the same way that the sun glinting off the impala in season 5 (leading to the recollection of memory - the seemingly unimportant bits and pieces from their life) helped Sam gain control over Lucifer.

TimFL

Come to think of it, though, John has always been a vessel for Michael. I don't see why Lucifer would take that form. But I guess I also don't see why Michael would talk to Sam instead of Dean.

Maybe because Lucifer showing up as Lucifer Mark Peli would freak Sam out. If I were Lucifer and wanted to contact Sam I'd do it in the form of someone Sam loves and trusts (Mom/Dad).

I do wonder if all the circumstantial events (pennies, hair pin, etc) that allowed Sam and Dean to survive this episode are God's way of helping out. Kind of in the same way that the sun glinting off the impala in season 5 (leading to the recollection of memory - the seemingly unimportant bits and pieces from their life) helped Sam gain control over Lucifer.
Yeah. That's true. Like how did her purse manage to get to the back and just happen to have a penny made with enough Cooper.

Also Deans blading sliding under the seat. The thing I loved the most was the camera focusing on both the blade and the hair pin, with the hostess even mentioning losing it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, HOLY SHIT, that was the best episode of Supernatural since S5. I mean there have been some great eps scattered over the years since S5 but this one just jumped to the top of my list. That was incredible. I wish they did one ep from Baby's perspective like this every season.

People actually liked this episode? I thought it was easily the worst of the season so far. Just a totally pointless uninspired slog.

Are you high? Do you just not like the show? I don't see how any fan of Supernatural could not absofuckinlutely love this ep.

And you guys really think 'John' was God?

Nope. I am freaking out over it, but that was Lucy for fucking sure. "I was never able to fool you."

Yep, I thought it was God up until that point right there. When John turned and said it like he did, the first thing I thought of was "hot damn it's Lucifer talking to Sam!!". Of course we don't know for sure, but we will find out in time.

Sam prayed to God, usually angels answer those prayers because they hear them over angel radio, maybe if the cage has been weakened somehow then could Luci have heard Sam's calls for help? He is an angel afterall. And the first vision could have been Luci clawing his way up out of the pit even if it is just through visions and not physically up and out.

This season has been great so far, this is the most excited I've been for this show in years. YEARS.

I just can't get over how they made the boys bicker in an enjoyable way. Finally. Sam filling up the beer case with smoothies, Dean acting like a child and slapping Sam's hand from the wheel and Sam was just trying to help. Sam failing to mention being infected and Dean actually not going insane, but rather blames Sam's visions on being infected and even throws in him failing to tell him about being infected. If only all the boys bickering was that enjoyable.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I just can't get over how they made the boys bicker in an enjoyable way. Finally.

YES, this is what the show's been missing for oh so God Damned long, the Winchesters being brothers. The show has always been at it's absolute best when the brothers are being brothers, together, and this ep had it in spades. They even confided secrets to each other, unbelievable!!!!

I hope more of this season has this tone and comradery, because it's sorely needed and about time we get back to it and stay with it.

YES, this is what the show's been missing for oh so God Damned long, the Winchesters being brothers. The show has always been at it's absolute best when the brothers are being brothers, together, and this ep had it in spades. They even confided secrets to each other, unbelievable!!!!

I hope more of this season has this tone and comradery, because it's sorely needed and about time we get back to it and stay with it.
O yeah them sharing their dreams was so beautiful. Seeing Dean open up was surprising and then Sam doing the same thing back.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jared and Jensen (mostly Jensen) dropping some hints on what's to come: http://www.thetvaddict.com/2015/10/...ackles-amara-the-darkness-spoilers-interview/

And 11x7 description:
SHERIFF DONNA RETURNS — Sheriff Donna (guest star Briana Buckmaster) calls Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help after a horrific murder with supernatural elements happens in her town. Sam continues to have visions and asks God for help, which frustrates Dean.

Potential spoilers, including the return of a new character we saw in episode 2 of this season:

What does it mean for Supernatural‘s Dean that he and The Darkness are bound? What plans does Amara/Darkness have for him? Can one be killed without hurting the other? –DeMara
One can definitely be injured without affecting the other. “It’s not like a voodoo doll” (or “twinsies,” as Jared Padalecki jokes) “or anything like that,” star Jensen Ackles clarifies. “We will see… what exactly that relationship is” between Dean and The Darkness, Ackles adds. “I don’t think that he knows what to make of it. What it all means and how it’s all going to tie into his destiny and his future and what that means for the brothers, he’s very nervous about. Obviously, those nerves are something that he’s going to be hiding, but we will see it get fleshed out a bit.”

Supernatural‘s Sam and the Reaper — is there more to this story? –JJ
Interestingly, Dean will also be meeting Billie the reaper (played by Lisa Berry), in the fall finale. “To be honest… we have not shot those scenes yet, so I don’t know how intense it’s going to be,” Jensen Ackles said on set last week. “But I’m excited to work with her.”

The last episode might be the first in long, long, long time I can say I truly loved. The car gimmick, Sam's vision, the conversation when he woke up, the car getting more and more messy as the episode went on, the writing, the detached head comedy, the music, all of it. Top tier Supernatural episode.

God I hope this season doesn't fall off. Probably the best start since season 5.

EDIT: And the fights, I can't forget those. First time in a long while they've felt like actual fights instead of Sam & Dean just getting tossed everywhere. There was an Evil Dead quality to the action that I really enjoyed. Gotdamn what an episode. Didn't think the show had that in it anymore.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The last episode might be the first in long, long, long time I can say I truly loved. The car gimmick, Sam's vision, the conversation when he woke up, the car getting more and more messy as the episode went on, the writing, the detached head comedy, the music, all of it. Top tier Supernatural episode.

God I hope this season doesn't fall off. Probably the best start since season 5.

EDIT: And the fights, I can't forget those. First time in a long while they've felt like actual fights instead of Sam & Dean just getting tossed everywhere. There was an Evil Dead quality to the action that I really enjoyed. Gotdamn what an episode. Didn't think the show had that in it anymore.

This episode was one of those that shows they still got it. At this point Supernatural would probably be better quality wise if it were a mini-series and the writers didn't need to do 22 episodes a season.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm like 4 episodes from finishing season 10, and even though the season had a really rocky start I actually ended up really liking it towards the end.

Looking forward to catching up on season 11.

Now that was nostalgic.

Good dialogue. Monster of the week. Interesting camera work.

Why can't I get this weekly!?!

Actually.. ignore my post. Just reread this one.

This episode was absolutely outstanding. They killed it with the camera work. The scene with Cas speaking to Dean, and to the vacant car while Dean fought the alpha was a season high, so far.

I haven't liked Supernatural this much in a long time.

This episode was absolutely outstanding. They killed it with the camera work. The scene with Cas speaking to Dean, and to the vacant car while Dean fought the alpha was a season high, so far.

I haven't liked Supernatural this much in a long time.
I liked some of the camera work. Just the face cam urks me. I don't know why, I just hate it when the camera is super focused on their face. It was the same thing with the other season when Sam and torturing a deamon trying to find Dean, the camera angle on Sam just annoyed me. However that's my only issue with the episode, everything else was spectacular, so no complaints. I still love the decapitation by car door.

Because half the writers are grossly incompetent.

Baby was written by the same guy who wrote Fan Fiction last year. This dude gets it, and a couple of others too.

Problem is, there are like ten writers on the team.

Fan Fiction too, huh? That makes a lot of sense. Make this writer show runner, damnit!

Cetra

Just watched Eps 2-4. Goddamn, this season is off to a stellar start. Also, "Baby" is hands down the best episode in a damned long time. everything about it, the dialogue, the brothers acting like brothers, the Impala, the cheesy Dean jokes.

If by some circumstance that was the last episode I'd be okay with it. Here's hoping Season 11 continues being as good as it's been so far.

BokehKing

Banned
Damn that was a pretty amazing episode
As soon as I saw the synopsis I knew I would be in for a treat
Plus a new monster

Great stuff, loved it

Because half the writers are grossly incompetent.

Baby was written by the same guy who wrote Fan Fiction last year. This dude gets it, and a couple of others too.

Problem is, there are like ten writers on the team.

It wasn't just the writing, it was the directing, how the episode was shot which immediately had me paying attention more than usual these days.

If it is, it's the best filler they've ever aired.

I'd say it's my favorite episode of the whole series, 1-5 included.

For me it's a close third behind "Yellow Fever" and "Wishful Thinking". Can't beat Dean's leg riffing to Eye of the Tiger or a teddy bear suicide. Season 4 was really the complete package. Great overall storyline with excellent fillers.

Crazily optimistic about this season though. Not a misfire yet, and if some of these fan theories pan out like they think they will, it'll easily be the best post-Kripke season yet.

For me it's a close third behind "Yellow Fever" and "Wishful Thinking". Can't beat Dean's leg riffing to Eye of the Tiger or a teddy bear suicide. Season 4 was really the complete package. Great overall storyline with excellent fillers.

Crazily optimistic about this season though. Not a misfire yet, and if some of these fan theories pan out like they think they will, it'll easily be the best post-Kripke season yet.

Love for "Wishful Thinking" in here? Hell, yeah! KNEEL BEFORE TODD!

While I adored "Baby", my favorite filler episode of the series still remains "Nightshifter". It's true that Season 4 was a full package, S2 isn't far behind for me.

Whatever you say about the quality of the show, you can't deny that as far as "fillers' go, a big number of them was really excellent. This is one of the things that make Supernatural so special.

Bossun

Man, that was some good old Supernatural.

Comes into town, kill some monster with violence and irony, leave without a care in the world like it's just another day, leaving a trail of legend...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
While I adored "Baby", my favorite filler episode of the series still remains "Nightshifter". It's true that Season 4 was a full package, S2 isn't far behind for me.

Whatever you say about the quality of the show, you can't deny that as far as "fillers' go, a big number of them was really excellent. This is one of the things that make Supernatural so special.

YES.
I was blown away by that episode when I watched it the first time. I watched it again after I caught up and it's still amazing.

I hate watching that episode. Seeing Ronald die always causes a tearjerker. He was so likable ;_;

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I hate watching that episode. Seeing Ronald die always causes a tearjerker. He was so likable ;_;

Yeah he was awesome:

8FLx33P.gif

silva1991

If it's a filler then fuck, because I thought finally we gonna see God in this season lol.

Sam and Dean meeting the God is gonna be the most exciting thing to see in a while. I don't think last season did anything for me.

Yeah he was awesome:

8FLx33P.gif

Sam's face sure changed alot Oo

If it's a filler then fuck, because I thought finally we gonna see God in this season lol.

Sam and Dean meeting the God is gonna be the most exciting thing to see in a while. I don't think last season did anything for me.

I think you're going to like this episode then, even if it's rather... ambiguous on the God thing.

impact

Banned
thank you kind fellow and fellette

I will give this show another chance even though I've got Ash vs. Evil Dead ready to go

yea it was pretty good. felt like a season 2/3 episode for sure

Filler episodes, much like the X Files, are some of the best ones of the series.

The X-Files had a lot of great episodes, but some of its filler episodes did fall flat for me. The Cops one was a bit cringeworthy, and I didn't love the one with the kid werewolf in the trailer park.

This episode was okay. When I read the description, I thought the car would be narrating because it was supposed to be from the car's perspective. But it was only the camera angle/camera staying there.

It was a decent ploy.

I just watched the episode today, and loved the Night Moves part/Dean in general.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The X-Files had a lot of great episodes, but some of its filler episodes did fall flat for me. The Cops one was a bit cringeworthy, and I didn't love the one with the kid werewolf in the trailer park.

This episode was okay. When I read the description, I thought the car would be narrating because it was supposed to be from the car's perspective. But it was only the camera angle/camera staying there.

It was a decent ploy.

I just watched the episode today, and loved the Night Moves part/Dean in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iih8sEz7gJc

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man, Rowena is really poorly written just transparent and unbelievable as all hell.

Joni

Imagine if this show had no filler episodes. It would just be the brothers unleashing a specific evil and containing it every time. They would be even worse hunters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom