• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Woah woah hold up Lucy is back?

Papa Winchester returning and the cage opening back up were one of the two things needed for me to jump back in.

Now I just have to remember where I left off.......I remember some stuff with Rowena and how she's Crowley's mom or something.
Just do the previous finale and start up from there.

Holy crap it's Metatron
3NhA4or.png

And he's trying to get a story out of the family....the pieces are coming together

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is this the beginning of the Supernatural Televised Shared Universe???

Buffy was my first obsessively watched it show.

Supernatural has moments that are better than, and moments that are much worse.

I'd still place Buffy and Angel higher, but I really do love seasons 1-5, with a scattering of eps between 6-10, season 11 has been pretty damn good all year though.

You know

Lucifer would be someone who believed in Santa. Michael would be all like 'Your silly human traditions are stupid.'

Luci seems like the kinda guy that would believe in Santa just to use it as a nightmare :p

Michael is a bigger dick than Lucy, and he's the "obedient" one...

We're celebrating the son of God's birth today/tomorrow. Luci counts.

We're celebrating the birth of God's only begotten son, not his creation no celebrating for Luci </3

You guys like my mug? http://i.imgur.com/nsqujnj.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
11x10 summary posted:

SUPERNATURAL 11.10 “The Devil in the Details”: Now that he has Sam (Jared Padalecki) in the cage with him, Lucifer (guest star Mark Pellegrino) offers Sam a way out but it comes with a steep price. Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Castiel (Misha Collins) look into the angel smiting that could have killed Amara (guest star Emily Swallow).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
11x10 summary posted:

SUPERNATURAL 11.10 “The Devil in the Details”: Now that he has Sam (Jared Padalecki) in the cage with him, Lucifer (guest star Mark Pellegrino) offers Sam a way out but it comes with a steep price. Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Castiel (Misha Collins) look into the angel smiting that could have killed Amara (guest star Emily Swallow).

Oh that's not going to end well on any front.

11x10 summary posted:

god did it duh

Joni

11x10 summary posted:

Too bad they never showed the full impact, should be a huge fallout

Kevin

CXaG7TYWMAEfIf3.jpg

RUMOR: Stephen Amell to star in a wrestling episode of Supernatural?

http://zap2it.com/2015/12/supernatural-stephen-amell-pro-wrestling-episode/

A lot of people are speculating that he may be in the episode. No confirmation. Either way it should make for a fun episode.

Also Kim Rodes will reprise her role as Sheriff Mills in an upcoming episode:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/02/supernatural-kim-rhodes-sheriff-jody-mills

At any length this season has been really great so far. Easily one of the best seasons in years. While not quite on par with the Kripke years, it's definitely been really solid with no crap episodes yet this season in my opinion. Nine for nine. Can't wait for the show to return!

Knoxcore

Buffy was my all time favorite show for a long time.

Supernatural is amazing. Enjoy the hell out it. Don't watch season one on Netflix for your own sake, buy/borrow the dvds. All other seasons are fine on netflix.
Season 10 is not. The biggest omission is the lack of 'The Road so Far.'

Kevin

I'm glad I own the Blu-Ray sets. Why does Netflix rip music out of shows? Heard there were songs missing from X-Files on Netflix to among other shows. Are they just really really cheap?

Haly

Watching Firefly and I recognize Sheppard as that crime boss guy. That beard adds 10 years to his face, but I guess 10 years also adds 10 years to his face.

I'm glad I own the Blu-Ray sets. Why does Netflix rip music out of shows? Heard there were songs missing from X-Files on Netflix to among other shows. Are they just really really cheap?

The Supernatural Omission seems to be a general omission of recaps on the whole season(IE 'Previously on Supernatural'), I guess The Road so Far counts as that. For X-Files it's possible that some songs were too expensive to relicense for streaming?

Lemnisc8

I was thinking about getting back into supernatural but I lost access to it around season 6 or 7
when cas turned into a massive asshole.
Is it worth getting back into?

Lemnisc8

I heard it went a bit downhill for a while. I admit I was getting a bit miffed at the lack of comedy and it just went so serious. Whats the consensus on the past couple of seasons?

I still maintain that the back half of season 8 was some of the best stuff in the series. Cmon, it has a Nazi necromancer!

But season 11 has been fantastic thus far. If this is the final season, they are going out with a bang. IF...

Kevin

I still maintain that the back half of season 8 was some of the best stuff in the series. Cmon, it has a Nazi necromancer!

But season 11 has been fantastic thus far. If this is the final season, they are going out with a bang. IF...

Not the final season (they will announce the final season when a final season is planned) and I LOVED the Men of Letters and Naxi Necromancer stuff. Shame we didn't really get much more Men of Letters stuff then that. Still the show has been really really solid and definitely competitive with other great shows in this genre.

It may be in it's 11th season but the show still remains strong and some how manages to reinvent itself and keep things mostly feeling fresh.

Season 8 has my second favorite cliffhanger of the series as well. The end of 4 is just too strong to overcome (the screen going white as Sam says, "Dean, he's coming..."), but damn if the image of the angels falling wasn't badass:
The_Angel's_are_falling.gif

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

That Golem episode is still one of my favorite eps of the past 5 years, easily. It seemed like with that one ep they were setting the show up in a fantastic new direction that made me so damn excited for the future of Supernatural. But then, nothing really happened with it. The Men of Letters could have been such great new breath of life for the show.

Ah well, at least S11 has been awesome.

zethren

Banned
Just caught up with season 11, and holy shit the entire 9th episode literally had me on the edge of my seat. I haven't felt that invested in the story since season 5, as much as I've enjoyed every season so far for the most part.

I never thought we'd see
Lucifer
again, and it was an amazing couple of scenes. And the Darkness took a turn for something I certainly did not expect.

Also, "Baby" is one of the best episodes in the entire series, period.

Loved it, can't wait for more!

Baby is definitely in the top 10 of the series. I need to give it time to see how I feel overall, but it is high.

Personally, it is a toss up between French Mistake or Tall Tales for my all time favorite episode. For non comedy ones, Lazarus Rising is at the top. So awesome.

Single best scene of the entire series is still Dean confronting Death at the pizzeria. The moment that you finally realized just how out of their league they were.

I'm a sucker for a good Cas episode, so Man Who Would Be King tends to stay my favorite. All the rest you mentioned are on my top ten though.

I mean, this line:

'It's simple: Freedom is a length of rope, God wants you hang yourself with it.' Guh.

That's a pretty great line, I have to admit.

As for my favorite episodes...hm. I high enjoyed Two Minutes to Midnight, death is such fantastically portrayed. Any episode with him I enjoy alot. Monster Movie, In The Beginning..the episode with Charisma Carpenter and James Marsten is great, I absolutely loved them in Buffy/Angel, so seeing them together on the screen again with their great chemistry was definitely a highlight of season 7.

Just too many episodes to count, to be honest. Talking to my friend about it, trying to convince him to watch it(He's never seen an episode), I came to the realization that Supernatural is probably in my top 10 favorite shows ever.

I'm a sucker for a good Cas episode, so Man Who Would Be King tends to stay my favorite. All the rest you mentioned are on my top ten though.

I mean, this line:

'It's simple: Freedom is a length of rope, God wants you hang yourself with it.' Guh.

I don't remember much about that episode. I think a rewatch is in the cards. Looking on IMDB, it is a Ben Edlund episode, and I do love me some Ben Edlund.

And it is interesting because at work I finally broke through to two coworkers after a year and they started watching the show. One is about to start season 10 after starting a binge watch in December. Another is just starting season 6. At least I will have some more people to talk to about the show soon.

Just too many episodes to count, to be honest. Talking to my friend about it, trying to convince him to watch it(He's never seen an episode), I came to the realization that Supernatural is probably in my top 10 favorite shows ever.

Will I ever say it is one of the best shows ever? No. But I will say that it is a personal favorite and is entertaining, which is all I want in the end.

Twilight Zone is still the greatest TV show ever to me. It is impossible to top it in my mind.

If I whittle my list of best shows ever to just "best sci-fi/fantasty shows", Supernatural will crack the top 10 most likely.

Twilight Zone is great, between the cinematography, the writing, the stories, it's in my top 10 as well. But out of sheer enjoyability, Supernatural is up there as well. Sure it may not be technically or artistically exceedingly proficient, but it fills that b-movie horror feel that's so remiss these days.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
11x11 summary:

“Into the Mystic”: Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a case where people are suffering violent deaths after hearing a mysterious song.

So Sam gets out of the cage the next episode?

k0mvO5l.gif
I can see it happening in one of two ways:

1. Sam, completely cornered, just says yes.
2. Lucifer is like, "Ha, just kidding," and lets Sam go. Maybe he doesn't feel like dealing with Amara again or is convinced that Sam will eventually come back to him and say yes, since he'll have no other recourse.

Either way, though, I'll bet the episode starts with the resolution unknown and having already occurred, and what happens gets told through flashbacks.

Man that summary for the next episode is..........well.......I get they have to stretch out the plot throughout the season, but filler already >_> Unless this mysterious song somehow ties in to what happened.

Haly

I wouldn't be surprised if a part of Lucifer is inside Sam on his way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom