• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalin80

Banned
So where's Michael in all of this? Did the writers forget he was supposed to be in there (+1 other) in the same way they forgot that Reapers aren't Angels and that Death was supposed to be a badass?

So where's Michael in all of this? Did the writers forget he was supposed to be in there (+1 other) in the same way they forgot that Reapers aren't Angels and that Death was supposed to be a badass?

It has already been answered, but... that wasn't the cage. It was a temporary holding cell that Lucifer was plucked out and dumped into.

dalin80

Banned
It has already been answered, but... that wasn't the cage. It was a temporary holding cell that Lucifer was plucked out and dumped into.

I know that wasn't the cage but they seem to have forgotten about it's other inhabitants including another archangel who may also be able to answer some questions being Lucifiers kinda-equal.

Joni

I know that wasn't the cage but they seem to have forgotten about it's other inhabitants including another archangel who may also be able to answer some questions being Lucifiers kinda-equal.

If you're convinced you're executing God's orders, you don't worry too much about details.
Like how can he have his Mark Pellegrino meat suit? He was locked up as Sam.

TimFL

Sam says yes
Dean is like OOOOH NO
Jesse shows up and takes up Dean on being good

Dean+Jesse vs. Lucifer
Jesse is most likely long dead. Last we saw of him was that he went somewhere far away surfing. Lucifer was thrown back into the cage -> Jesse lost his powers -> Jesse is a normal kid in a foreign country.
He probably cried himself to sleep and died on the street.

Adam is also most likely dead. Jimmy (Cas vessel) died when Raphael blew Cas up at the end of S4. Michael/Adam was hit by a holy oil cocktail -> Adam in heaven.
"But death said it's Sams soul or Adam?" possibly one of the many plot holes that make me cringe.

TimFL

If you're convinced you're executing God's orders, you don't worry too much about details.

Didn't Lucifer mention that he has no vessel and it's all just smoke and mirrors? Remember how true angel forms literally burn your eyes out? It's probably just the way Lucifer reveals himself to Sam and co. (like
how he showed up as John Winchester in the car vision?
). Or he picked up the now dead Mark Pellegrino meat suit somewhere (I need to rewatch to remember what his exact words were, but I'm pretty sure he mentioned not having a vessel and just using angel mojo magic to show up as Mark Suit).
In season 5 Dean & Sam go to heaven and instead of seeing the true form of angels they see a "meat suit" (explained as "you are too puny to see my true form/wouldn't be able to take it).

That is how I understand it.

dabig2

That is a better question.

Well, Lucy is damn near all-powerful himself. He can probably make Sam see whatever he wants to, even if he doesn't have a physical form to tether to anymore in the cage. I'm reminded of when the boys died and went to heaven and Zachariah told them that they're only imagining him in his meatsuit up there because they couldn't handle an angel's true form or something like that.

fake edit: Loool, damn. Well beaten above.

dalin80

Banned

They are in purgatory, meat suit rules may not apply being a kinda-not-really a physical realm.

Adam is also most likely dead. Jimmy (Cas vessel) died when Raphael blew Cas up at the end of S4. Michael/Adam was hit by a holy oil cocktail -> Adam in heaven.
"But death said it's Sams soul or Adam?" possibly one of the many plot holes that make me cringe.
Nah, he's not. Remember when we first saw Cas, he was shot, stabbed, etc. Unlike Demons, when an Angel posses a body, the human remains unharmed. However, Castiel was destroyed at a molecular level, which means his Grace, and the humans Soul were obliterated. When it comes to Adam, he was just burned and Michael was sent back to Heaven, similar to an Angel banishing spell. So Adam wouldn't have died. At least, that's how I see it.

They're probably going to get to him later, right now it was just about Lucifer because Sam thought God wanted him to talk to Lucy. They mightbring back Adam? During the awesome musical number they did mention he's still in the cage with Michael & Lucifer, and the brothers kinda looked at each other like "crap...we forgot?" so maybe they'll try to help him. Though, it would suck for Adam, he's been down there for what 6+ years? 6*12 = 72 months each month in hell is I think 10 years so that's 720 years. Almost a friggin millennium being tortured by two Archangels. However, I still think Michael would be a good son and not let Adam get hurt, especially after he said yes and all. I dunno though.

As for reapers, yeah it seems strange. I'd say they're Angels of Death, but Naomi mentioned Castiel was there in Egypt during the plagues(I guess he was the Angel of Death for that era?)

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
The plight of Adam is probably one of the most irritating things about Supernatural.

If the show ended at season 5 I would have been fine with it. Sam and Adam in hell, Dean goes on with living his life. Not a happy ending but stopping the apocalypse should require sacrifice.

But the show didn't end there, and to have us believe after all the bullshit Sam and Dean have gone through they can't be bothered to even attempt to rescue Adam is insulting. It also makes me think less of the characters.

If it isn't resolved before the end of the series I will be deeply disappointed and I fear it won't be.

dalin80

Banned
The plight of Adam is probably one of the most irritating things about Supernatural.

If the show ended at season 5 I would have been fine with it. Sam and Adam in hell, Dean goes on with living his life. Not a happy ending but stopping the apocalypse should require sacrifice.

But the show didn't end there, and to have us believe after all the bullshit Sam and Dean have gone through they can't be bothered to even attempt to rescue Adam is insulting. It also makes me think less of the characters.

If it isn't resolved before the end of the series I will be deeply disappointed and I fear it won't be.

Especially given the massive amount of moralising/complaining/weeping about being brothers and that is all that matters in the end, it's like, hang on... have you two forgot about your *other* brother?

I HOPE it get's resolved soon. They just learned they can summon Lucifer from the cage essentially freeing him. So why not do the same with Adam? If it's just his soul, then he does what he did with Bobby, and Adam goes to Heaven. Or the very least Castiel does some Angel shit and brings back Adams body like he did with Sam.

Also with Angels, do they have their wings back? Those three Angels just appeared out of nowhere, as did the ones that captured Castiel. However, when the Angels that captured Cas died, there were no wings singed in the floor.

Joni

Let's be honest, it is not like they really cared about Adam because they just didn't know him that long. And the kid was already dead in the first place.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Let's be honest, it is not like they really cared about Adam because they just didn't know him that long. And the kid was already dead in the first place.

I know, but the worst part isn't that they don't do anything, it's that they don't even acknowledge it.

A fleeting mention in a musical episode?? Come on man.

You're dad may never get around to painting the garage but at least he says he will do it.

Adam was from another mother, he aint got that special Winchester juice that Sam and Dean got. Theyre basically prophetic, genetic prodigies because of their dad and mom. Adam? Not so much

It's already dumb that they think they're better off talking to Lucifer instead of Michael in the first place. Let's see. Of the two archangel, should we free the more powerful and good one or the king of evil who's weaker? Hmm. HMMM.

Adam was from another mother, he aint got that special Winchester juice that Sam and Dean got. Theyre basically prophetic, genetic prodigies because of their dad and mom. Adam? Not so much

He's literally their brotha from anotha motha! That side, that's true. It's Mary's bloondline that's really important since she and her family were hunters. John just became hunter after the shit hit the fan.

My fanwank of the wing thing:

The angels staying in heaven are 'healing' (all the wing shadow we saw last season was ripped up, broken wings from the fall) and slowly being able to regain the ability to fly. Which is why Cas can't seem to fly yet. Of course I will be proved wrong when he flies next episode or something.

I looked for wing burn too but they didn't focus on the ground where they fell and some died where they stood, I don't think they can wing burn the air. All the wing burn we've seen as been bodies on the ground.

Also, I'm still mad that when Cas got his grace back, his wings were fucked up too. They shouldn't have been, since he didn't have wings when the spell was was cast and didn't fall. Boo.

Fanwank for that: Cas has just been through some shit and that's how his wings look now lol

The healing part makes sense, since being cut off from Heaven weakens them, being in Heaven should reverse the effects. Cas is too awesome to follow the rules, he makes them up as he goes along.

Hm. That's true. I think they usually get stabbed, fall over, then their grace explodes afterwards. This season they seem to be dying while still standing, so that could explain it.

True. The whole wing singed thing was due to them falling form Heaven, he was human during the fall.

It's already dumb that they think they're better off talking to Lucifer instead of Michael in the first place. Let's see. Of the two archangel, should we free the more powerful and good one or the king of evil who's weaker? Hmm. HMMM.

Well, they did that because Sam foolishly thought that God was sending him visions telling him Lucifer was the key to defeating The Darkness, however, as it was shown Lucifer sent the visions, not God. Lucifer does translate to "Light-Bringer" or something along those lines. So it does kind of make sense to think he would be the key.

dalin80

Banned
Two things I really liked from this episode-

-The Angels doing an Ion Cannon strike.
-Sam actual crying when he realised that he was going to be spooning with the devil.
-The darkness's cleavage.

Yeah I know that's three but I was distracted.

(.Y.)

-Sam actual crying when he realised that he was going to be spooning with the devil.

(.Y.)

Shouldn't it be four things you like, and you stop on three because you got too distracted?
Don't worry, you're not alone. Dean was trying to resist so hard, but in the end he couldn't and sneaked a peek.

Rewatching X-files currently and this handsome devil just showed up:
x-files-111-fire-00060.png

Mark's acting is brilliant. So happy he's back on the show. I loved his little wink.

I am really scared for Crowley now though. He'll probably be the first that Lucifer offs once he gets his vessel.

I find it unbelievable that it never once occurred to Sam (a very seasoned hunter) that Lucifer might be the one behind the visions. The outcome was very predictable.

Mark's acting is brilliant. So happy he's back on the show. I loved his little wink.

I am really scared for Crowley now though. He'll probably be the first that Lucifer offs once he gets his vessel.

I find it unbelievable that it never once occurred to Sam (a very seasoned hunter) that Lucifer might be the one behind the visions. The outcome was very predictable.

That's something Dean would do. I mean, they've kinda batted around it, Sams the wary one, then Dean, but ever since Sam got soul-ripped it's been mainly Dean who hasn't trusted things. Except for Crowley, Sam has a hate boner for him.

....Actually now that I think about it, it's been inconsistent. Lately it's been Dean who's too trusting of things. Although Sam did do some of that too........

they're both lovable idiots.

Denton

Just caught up and binged last 6 episodes.

Man this show is KILLING IT this season. It started terribly, but then it went up so hard. So many hilarious laugh out loud moments. The eight and ninth are the highlight though.
So, Sparkle is a unicorn, and also a man?
Yeah.
So, uh, Manicorn ?
*Staredown*

Wait, so, only dead people get to see him ?

*nods*

And this makes sense, to *billions* of you?

I was dying

And Lucifer, fun as always, and Darkness, so good..

Just caught up and binged last 6 episodes.

Man this show is KILLING IT this season. It started terribly, but then it went up so hard. So many hilarious laugh out loud moments. The eight and ninth are the highlight though.

I was dying

And Lucifer, fun as always, and Darkness, so good..

Really? I found the premier to be rather good. But yeah the imaginary friends episode was spectacular for a filler. The Darkness praying for like three seconds, and then like...it's not working!

That's something Dean would do. I mean, they've kinda batted around it, Sams the wary one, then Dean, but ever since Sam got soul-ripped it's been mainly Dean who hasn't trusted things. Except for Crowley, Sam has a hate boner for him.

....Actually now that I think about it, it's been inconsistent. Lately it's been Dean who's too trusting of things. Although Sam did do some of that too........

they're both lovable idiots.

Dean loves Crowley Sam hates him. Dean doesn't trust in God, Sam puts all his trust in God. Dean is a vessel of Michael and trusts evil, Sam is a vessel of Lucifer and trusts good lol.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

(.Y.)

It's like you read my mind.

Great episode tbf

Bishop89

just saw the latest episode (in aus anyways)
sam talking to lucifer in cage

FUCK that was a fantastic episode! And
Lucifer
is such an amazing and fun character!!

have to wait until 2016 to see the next episodes (or is it next season? not too sure).. which sucks

just saw the latest episode (in aus anyways)
sam talking to lucifer in cage

FUCK that was a fantastic episode! And
Lucifer
is such an amazing and fun character!!

have to wait until 2016 to see the next episodes (or is it next season? not too sure).. which sucks
Sill the same season. This was the mid-season finale.

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
Also, I'm still mad that when Cas got his grace back, his wings were fucked up too. They shouldn't have been, since he didn't have wings when the spell was was cast and didn't fall. Boo.

Fanwank for that: Cas has just been through some shit and that's how his wings look now lol

I assumed Cas didnt get his full wings back cause the grace he got was just what was left of his grace after Metatron had used up most of it to close off Heaven? so not his full grace?.....at least that was my logic..... :p

DeathyBoy

Banned

Michael's a gigantic asshole. Let's not retcon it so that he's suddenly the better option. Dude's just a different monster to Lucifer, but still a monster.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Michael's a gigantic asshole. Let's not retcon it so that he's suddenly the better option. Dude's just a different monster to Lucifer, but still a monster.

All Micheal wanted was one apocalypse and suddenly he's the bad guy? He was just trying to run God's plan as he understood it.

Imagine if after Lucifer asked Sam if he wanted to share, he made himself look like Sam. That would have made me shit bricks. Just some random thought I had while I was supposed to be working.

I mean by things he meant the hairless apes. That is, I'm pretty sure luci wanted to preserve the world just without...people.

Yup. He even said so in the episode where Zachariah sends Dean to the future, hen Dean said something about destroying the world, Lucy was like "Why would I want to destroy this beautiful creation? It was the last perfect thing God made" or something along those lines.

Joni

The problem is Michael never got to explain his plan, but if paradise is anything like heaven, his plan wasn't really great for humanity.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The problem is Michael never got to explain his plan, but if paradise is anything like heaven, his plan wasn't really great for humanity.

Considering Luci and Mike's fight would have totally devastated the Earth (a fact everyone readily admits), I don't think either side cared one bit about humanity. They were just a pair of stupid kids with superpowers.

Woah woah hold up Lucy is back?

Papa Winchester returning and the cage opening back up were one of the two things needed for me to jump back in.

Now I just have to remember where I left off.......I remember some stuff with Rowena and how she's Crowley's mom or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom