• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for the supernatural black ops government strike force to show up. I don't believe for one goddamn minute that at this point they don't know what's really going on in the world.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Still waiting for the supernatural black ops government strike force to show up. I don't believe for one goddamn minute that at this point they don't know what's really going on in the world.

That's next season. They accidentally let out the leviathans and then we get to do them properly.

Finalow

Still waiting for the supernatural black ops government strike force to show up.
latest

Jarmel

Banned
So I dropped the show midway through S10 finally. I had been trying to quit for the longest time and seemed to finally do it. I think it was Rowena that killed it for me. I caught all up on all the past episodes in one big marathon and wow.

I wasn't really sold on Collins as Lucifer in Ep.10 but 11 proved me dead wrong. He's able to switch between Lucifer and Cas very well, not only with the voice but also the body language. He reeled it in a bit and it's working wonders. For example his scenes in the bunker were great in how he was being sarcastic when apologizing. I love the Lucifer twist as it gives an insidious quality to the show that has been missing for the longest time. I also think it fits Lucifer as a concept compared to what we've seen in the past.

This season's writing has been stellar and the direction has been noticeably better. I'm stunned with how mediocre it has generally been and it feels like they completely retooled the show. For example the conversation between Deen and the old woman was a really heart warming moment that would have been a great fit in the first five seasons. Also finally expanding Sam's character and making him have an actual fucking character arc is blowing my mind. It's like they're calling out how shit Sam has been the past five seasons. Hopefully they continue with Sam trying to be less 'gung-ho' about killing. As for Deen's stuff, it makes sense why he hasn't been honest with Sam. How utterly embarrassing it must be for him. Hopefully they do a throwback to Sam and mention Ruby.

There was also great episodic material earlier such as with the imaginary friend and the car that was not only really hilarious but emotional in new ways such as with kid Sam. This season has probably been better than some of the first five seasons.

Maybe Satan got fed up with the show and sent demons to possess the writers

that's totally what happened. I agree with your points Jarmel, the writing has been really stellar.

Jarmel

Banned
Maybe Satan got fed up with the show and sent demons to possess the writers

that's totally what happened. I agree with your points Jarmel, the writing has been really stellar.

It's not even just the writing but things like the camerawork during Baby or Pellegrino being goddamn perfect acting-wise in the Cage (really all the Cage sequences were amazing). I think Sam shedding that solitary tear when he realized how fucked he was, was the most acting Padalecki has done in seasons.

Lucifer being back in the mix really does the show wonders as unlike the rest of the bullshit monsters, as Rowena stated, he's Alpha as all hell.

It's not even just the writing but things like the camerawork during Baby or Pellegrino being goddamn perfect acting-wise in the Cage (really all the Cage sequences were amazing). I think Sam shedding that solitary tear when he realized how fucked he was, was the most acting Padalecki has done in seasons.

Lucifer being back in the mix really does the show wonders as unlike the rest of the bullshit monsters, as Rowena stated, he's Alpha as all hell.

I didn't think about the acting. Yeah, it's been spades all around. Fuck man. I can go for another 5 seasons of this.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I kind of want the show to wrap up around here.

I don't know what else they can do without really jumping the shark, short of a semireboot.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I kind of want the show to wrap up around here.

I don't know what else they can do without really jumping the shark, short of a semireboot.

Do something with the men of letters rather than just teasing them and potential new members now and then

Wow, Mark Sheppard was the fire starter in The X-Files. I remember that episode well, but didn't realize it was him because it's been a while.

Season 11 finale:
Death comes back and is super pissed at Dean for trying to kill him, he releases the Leviathans, just this time they have awesome CGI and are fucking terrifying.

Jody Mills in the flashbacks! This looks like it'll be an amazing episode.

I hope it's not called the Elvis because it gives you a heart attack 😳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom