• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 and 10 had some ups and downs. There was some really fantastic stuff in there, but it wasn't consistent enough to get ranked up with 4 or 5 for me. However, there were never any real lows in those seasons, which is very nice.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Mmm... I really liked season 9. And 8 was better than 6 by a good amount I felt. 6 and 10 were a bout on par with each other... a lot of good ideas muddied by poor execution.

7 is absolutely horrible though.

9 had a mess of pacing, but it did have some standout moments, but I am oddly nostalgic towards season 6. I think S6's issue is that it does too much and loses focus really fast because it goes through like 3 villains, you've got the soul hunting thing, then you've got the mother of all thing, godstiel, the leviathan thing and i swear the alphas were a thing but I think that was s8 or the end of s7. In general I liked a good amount of season 6s episodes, well mainly the soulless sam ones. Especially the one with the aliens / leprechauns.

I think you're right though, 7 is definitely the worst season.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Oh boy more
time travel!

Time travel episodes in Supernatural are typically really awesome actually. The last one we had was in S8 I think, the one where
Henry Winchester travels forward to meet his grandchildren, and we first learned about the Men of Letters
. That was one of the best episodes since S5 until this season IMHO.

Leviathans had a lot of potential, too. I still don't like how they've completely disappeared, since they're more interesting than rank-and-file angels and demons.

Leviathans had a lot of potential, too. I still don't like how they've completely disappeared, since they're more interesting than rank-and-file angels and demons.
It was mainly the terrible CGI, over used dick jokes, that made me annoyed. Found their ability to shape shift, and the fact that they shapeshifted into the boys and criminalize em go be genius. And the fact that they waited until the end to off the BBEG.

Pros: Charlie +10,000
Shapeshifting +1
Getting the boys in trouble +10
Near immortality +5
Bbeg dies at end +100

Cons
Terrible CGI -1,000
Too many dick jokes -100/dick joke after the first three
Bobby:( -1,000,000

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It was mainly the terrible CGI, over used dick jokes, that made me annoyed. Found their ability to shape shift, and the fact that they shapeshifted into the boys and criminalize em go be genius. And the fact that they waited until the end to off the BBEG.

Pros: Charlie +10,000
Shapeshifting +1
Getting the boys in trouble +10
Near immortality +5
Bbeg dies at end +100

Cons
Terrible CGI -1,000
Too many dick jokes -100/dick joke after the first three
Bobby:( -1,000,000

There were a lot of good ideas that season, they just have the money to do any of it justice. :(

Wilsongt

I think I'm the only one who enjoyed Seasons 7-10....>_>;

I liked Season 10. Except the whole Claire part...

Season 7 was... Meh. Season 8 was kinda fun with all of the tablet stuff. Season 9 was a bit of a pain,but still interesting, mainly because I hate Metatron.

There were a lot of good ideas that season, they just have the money to do any of it justice. :(
What else did I miss? I know there were some great moments, just the season was really lacking.

Money was definitely and issue, the cheap CGI showed it, had they been getting the funding back then that they currently have S7 would have been a lot better. Honestly that heavenly nuke...I'm still in awe...also the way they made the Angel Blade shatter was amazing. No creature has ever made the Angel Blade shatter before, Amara is badass level. The Levithans would have looked more menacing if they had that amount of funds back then.

Also poor writing, very poor writing, made the season bad.

What else did I miss? I know there were some great moments, just the season was really lacking.

Money was definitely and issue, the cheap CGI showed it, had they been getting the funding back then that they currently have S7 would have been a lot better. Honestly that heavenly nuke...I'm still in awe...also the way they made the Angel Blade shatter was amazing. No creature has ever made the Angel Blade shatter before, Amara is badass level. The Levithans would have looked more menacing if they had that amount of funds back then.

I believe it was just a regular knife that shattered.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

A lot of the poor writing was also them writing around the lack of money. There were some really bad episodes, but there were just as many things that you know they could have done a better job writing if they had the money to really do it.

I believe it was just a regular knife that shattered.

Nah, it was an angel blade.

The leviathan motivation was so bad though. So so so so bad.

What, you didn't like a group of villains that were basically fat Buu's trying to eat everyone

And then when they get killed they blow up into goo, just like Buu

It was like a season of DBZ. Even Castiel came back with the power of the Drag-Angel Balls!

The leviathan motivation was so bad though. So so so so bad.
They just wanted dinner!

Seriously, when they teased this mysterious site they would build on, I was expecting some temple or ritual site to summon some serious Lovecraftian shit.

But nope. Just a meat processing plant.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They just wanted dinner!

Seriously, when they teased this mysterious site they would build on, I was expecting some temple or ritual site to summon some serious Lovecraftian shit.

But nope. Just a meat processing plant.

So was I, but they obviously didn't have the cash for something cool like that. :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Death rocked, but he was sacrificed so we could get Season 11.

He died so Supernatural might be reborn.

;~;7

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Don't need cash. Just imply it. Just think of when Dean met Death at the pizzeria. The sound implied seriously shit going down with the storm outside, yet we saw nothing.

Storms cost money. I'm not saying they didn't fuck up, I just wish they had a decent budget for that season and could have at least gone big.

;~;7

;~;7

Storms cost money. I'm not saying they didn't fuck up, I just wish they had a decent budget for that season and could have at least gone big.

;~;7
But with Lovecraftian, implying it is scarier. It is supposed to be something so great and terrible that the human mind can't comprehend it.

Fear of the unknown is the scariest thing.

And we all miss Bobby.

What, you didn't like a group of villains that were basically fat Buu's trying to eat everyone

And then when they get killed they blow up into goo, just like Buu

It was like a season of DBZ. Even Castiel came back with the power of the Drag-Angel Balls!
I just realized how similar they are lol.
I'm hoping that Death is kinda just fucking with everyone and not actually dead. You know, like Gabriel!
Yeah me too. Death is too smart to be killed off like that. When an Angel dies their essence explodes, so I doubt a creature that is infinitely more powerful than them would just turn to Ash, like not even some thunder craking?

Speaking of Gabriel when is he coming back I've been waiting for so long :(

;~;7
;-;7
Death was the best goddamn thing in that show

you take that back
Is. He IS the greatest goddamn thing in this show because he's still alive!

Or Bobby!
I just really miss Bobby :(
You and me both...and
Charlie :( I just love her so much. Her death is such a bitch death that it pisses me off.

I don't want to believe Death is actually dead either, a guy who said he would one day reap God himself goes out like a chump and turns to ash? No massive worldending repercussions, not even a whimper? Fuck that he just finally had enough of Winchester bullshit and is taking a vacation.

Kevin

Anyone think that
Billie is really just Death in dusguise? What else would be her purpose in the show? Why else even have her? Almost no backstory on her so far.
What do you guys think?

I don't want to believe Death is actually dead either, a guy who said he would one day reap God himself goes out like a chump and turns to ash? No massive worldending repercussions, not even a whimper? Fuck that he just finally had enough of Winchester bullshit and is taking a vacation.

Upcoming episode of the show to be based on Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man! Death is just hanging with his cats.

aku:jiki

I dunno, we are definitely in some serious end game territory right now. I can see it ending at S12.
But the frustrating part of this show is that they don't have a plan and that they're just keeping everyone employed until the ratings drop... Just because they're fighting the ultimate evil right now doesn't at all mean that the show is actually ending. We're going to head back into leviathan "really, that's what they're fighting now after what they dealt with last season?" territory for sure, in S12 or at best S13. We're going to head downhill again, it's unavoidable. :(

I've got the solution, though. Space, man. Send them into space to hunt space demons and shit.

Death was awesome until he was killed, an entity that has been around before God killed by Dean in the most anticlimactic, "are you serious?", way possible.

I like to pretend that Billie is Death. It makes sense to me.
There's like zero way that Death actually died. Think of how Demons, Angels, Abaddon, Dick all die. They all die in a way that's significantly more intense than simply turning to ash. The more powerful they are, the larger the intensity of the death. So Death, who is lightyears ahead in power(honestly, those characters are like Yamcha, and Death is Whis or Beerus...) And he simply turns into ash? No lightning, no earthquake, no absolute chaos due to freaking DEATH DYING?!?! Nah man, Death saw an out to stop being summoned by them and took it. Kinda like how it's been confirmed by the writers that
Gabriel isn't dead, also confirmed by the actor himself. It looks like he died, but we know Gabriel is too smart to die that way.

Magwik

Banned
But the frustrating part of this show is that they don't have a plan and that they're just keeping everyone employed until the ratings drop... Just because they're fighting the ultimate evil right now doesn't at all mean that the show is actually ending. We're going to head back into leviathan "really, that's what they're fighting now after what they dealt with last season?" territory for sure, in S12 or at best S13. We're going to head downhill again, it's unavoidable. :(

I've got the solution, though. Space, man. Send them into space to hunt space demons and shit.
There is literally nowhere to go for a Season 13. We are dealing with the sister of God here. The big guy himself is off being an asshole, and Lucifer is running around doing whatever he pleases now. S12 has to be centered around God and restoring all of the fucking damage the brothers have caused

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Holy shit this thing got to 11 seasons?
Fook me!

If it keeps going like S11 is then I hope the show goes on for another 11 seasons, it's really kicking ass right now.

I don't think Death is gone either. In fact I kinda think he'll pop up before the end of this season to help deal with Amara, he might be the only thing that has the power to really help out with this, other than Capital G himself. And I kind of think Lucifer is just playing a long con and really can't do squat against Amara on his own. I think he just used this to get out of the cage, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom