• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
were in the same boat on that one bone. theyre throwing these jabs out there on purpose

It has been a year or two since they teased it. I think they may have finally come to their senses about it. Let's hope. And with the preview for next week, they might be pulling their heads out of their asses as to what the spin off should be.

Kevin

11 for 11 for me. The show is on fire and even the monster of the week episodes have been a lot more solid and include some mythology content.

I almost wonder if Kripke has been consulting with the writers some because it feels a lot more like old school awesome Supernatural again. Love it!

11 for 11 for me. The show is on fire and even the monster of the week episodes have been a lot more solid and include some mythology content.

I almost wonder if Kripke has been consulting with the writers some because it feels a lot more like old school awesome Supernatural again. Love it!
It feels more like they are listening to and addressing criticisms of the past seasons and not trying to appease the Tumblr or more insane fans.
They are seeing what made the show tick for years and are getting back to that.
Less drama, more character and plot progression.

They could still shit the bed before the season ends though. But I pray they don't. This has been the most consistent season yet though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It feels more like they are listening to and addressing criticisms of the past seasons and not trying to appease the Tumblr or more insane fans.
They are seeing what made the show tick for years and are getting back to that.
Less drama, more character and plot progression.

They could still shit the bed before the season ends though. But I pray they don't. This has been the most consistent season yet though.

I think that's it, they've finally told Tumblr to fuck off and are just doing what they want.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm loving all the blatant call-outs to mistakes of seasons past.

It's really fantastic, all of the "yea we know we fucked up, sorry we'll do better" stuff coupled with the actual good season is just great and gives me hope for the future.

God I desperately want a Sheriff Mills spin-off with those girls she's been taking care of. It could be so fucking good.

then wtf is he?
No idea. He did have his grace taken by Metatron after he was reassembled by God and no longer had Jimmy's soul in the vessel. Then he got his grace back. Maybe since there's no human soul there's room for another Angel? Or maybe Cas is no longer in the Vessel. It's really bizarre hope they explain it somehow.

We already know that if you burn the bones of a spirit they go to Heaven/Hell because that's what happened to Bobby. But imagine it actually killed you and you ceased to exist. just imagine how many innocent/guilty people suddenly cobusted in Heaven/Hell because the boys thought it was a vengeful spirit doing the kills.

Imagine how traumatic it would be for whoever they are sharing Heaven with.

Maybe his body can't actually contain Lucifer. Mark Pellegrino's body didn't start falling apart until later into season 5, and even Sam--Lucifer's true vessel--had to guzzle demon blood to condition his body. I wonder if we'll ever get Cas back, though I'd be perfectly fine if we don't, since he's been terrible after season 6.

That was another damn good episode. I did enjoy Casifer playing Dean. And the scene in the forest was glorious. I loved, loved that he still has his finger snap kill.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I mean we had an entire episode dedicated to Lucifer just pissing on the past seasons. Glorious.

Yeah, we really did, LOL!

Kripke secretly helping S11 out is the best explanation I've heard yet. I mean it could be that they are just doing an excellent job writing this season, but Wow what an improvement.

Another good episode. At first, I thought Mildred would be the banshee haha.
Me too, or at least controlling it. I got super suspicious when she asked Dean to watch the sunset I don't think she held the golden blade either which further increased my suspicions. Turns out she just wanted to go at it with Dean.
So did it seriously get awesome again? Haven't watched since Season 5 ended
Every single episode this season has been amazing. Even the filler episodes are just so perfectly done. It's pretty major ch on par, some may even say better than season 5. Seriously, catch up, you'll have to muddle through the worst season ever
season 7
but it's worth it.

Seasons 1-5 were great, 6 was okay, 7-9 fluctuated between decent and shitty, and 10 was pretty good. 11 has been better than the recent ones hands down.

Last night's episode was a lot of fun. Felt like classic Supernatural. This is what I want.

Did they ever truly explain why Lucifer ever needed such a special vessel in the first place anyway? Gabriel didn't, and aren't they the same type of angel? I guess there is some variety in strength between archangels, but it never seemed like that big of a gap.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did they ever truly explain why Lucifer ever needed such a special vessel in the first place anyway? Gabriel didn't, and aren't they the same type of angel? I guess there is some variety in strength between archangels, but it never seemed like that big of a gap.

Gabriel probably had his for a while.

Looking back on the seasons through this page and it's jogged my memory. I have a bad one.

I liked Abadon in Season 9, but wasn't a big fan of when it was all about Crowley, Kevin Tran and their mothers. That was somewhat boring.

Wilsongt

Gabriel had probably been in his true vessel since he left heaven.

Lucifer and Michael's true vessels were suppose to resemble Cain and Abel I think. Plus, they mention thT Sam and Dean's parents were destined to get together, thus making sure the vessela were born and then Sam groomed for Luci.

I find it kind of funny that after season 5, Sam's closest ally became Cas while Dean's became Crowley... Sort of. Role reversal.

Looking back on the seasons through this page and it's jogged my memory. I have a bad one.

I liked Abadon in Season 9, but wasn't a big fan of when it was all about Crowley, Kevin Tran and their mothers. That was somewhat boring.
I always felt that Abaddon and Eve were really secondary antagonists to Metatron and Raphael, respectively.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
11x14 description spoilers:
SUPERNATURAL 11.14 “The Vessel”: Hoping to find a weapon powerful enough to defeat Amara (guest star Emily Swallow), Dean (Jensen Ackles) convinces “Castiel,” (Misha Collins) who is still Lucifer, to send him back in time to the last reported sighting of the Hand of God. Lucifer sees the potential in getting his hands on this weapon so goes along as Castiel and sends Dean to 1944 to the fated submarine mission that sunk the Hand of God. Meanwhile, continuing his charade with Sam (Jared Padalecki) while they wait for Dean’s return, Lucifer plans his next move.

Well Misha personally likes 'Lustiel'.
Really? I thought of it without even knowing about that lol. Misha & I think alike :p
It's weird, they only every say why Dean was Michael's true vessel and why Sam was Lucifer's true vessel, since their bloodline stretches back to Cain & Abel (but I thought all humanity stretched back to there?) also Gabriel mentions that Sam & Dean are like Lucifer and Michael. Dean, the older brother, loyal to an absent father, and Sam, rebellious of daddy's plans, then mention's as it is in Heaven, so shall it be on Earth. Maybe Raphael and Gabriel don't need true vessels and just follow a bloondline like regular Angels, Castiel follows the bloodline of the Novaks for example.

Gabriel had probably been in his true vessel since he left heaven.

Lucifer and Michael's true vessels were suppose to resemble Cain and Abel I think. Plus, they mention thT Sam and Dean's parents were destined to get together, thus making sure the vessela were born and then Sam groomed for Luci.

I find it kind of funny that after season 5, Sam's closest ally became Cas while Dean's became Crowley... Sort of. Role reversal.

Yeah, also the brothers are supposed to mimic Michael and Lucifer.

I honestly hardly remember Eve.

I hate Metatron, though.

Eve got killed off pretty early which pissed me off, she had such awesome potential. And Metatron was a dicklord.

Seasons 1-5 were great, 6 was okay, 7-9 fluctuated between decent and shitty, and 10 was pretty good. 11 has been better than the recent ones hands down.

Last night's episode was a lot of fun. Felt like classic Supernatural. This is what I want.

I would personally rank the back half of season 8 up there with seasons 4 and 5. But that is only half a season.

Still hoping they can continue this quality streak for the rest of 11 though, because we might have a legit best season.

It's weird, they only every say why Dean was Michael's true vessel and why Sam was Lucifer's true vessel, since their bloodline stretches back to Cain & Abel (but I thought all humanity stretched back to there?) also Gabriel mentions that Sam & Dean are like Lucifer and Michael. Dean, the older brother, loyal to an absent father, and Sam, rebellious of daddy's plans, then mention's as it is in Heaven, so shall it be on Earth. Maybe Raphael and Gabriel don't need true vessels and just follow a bloondline like regular Angels, Castiel follows the bloodline of the Novaks for example.
The thing is, thanks to the last couple of seasons, that could very well have been retconned, since Cain was alive the whole time and fathered many bloodlines.

But anyway, if Lucifer and Michael use analogues for Cain and Abel (although did Abel even have kids? They should both be using Cain's descendants), maybe Gabriel or Raphael uses Seth's descendants. Probably Gabe, actually, since Raph has been just hovering above prophets the whole time in his true for, without needing a vessel.

I stopped watching this show sometime during season 7. Do I have to watch the other seasons or can I just jump back in since apparently this season is really good again?

I stopped watching this show sometime during season 7. Do I have to watch the other seasons or can I just jump back in since apparently this season is really good again?

I would say you're safe watching 8-9-10. Those seasons are legit better than 6 and 7 were. Especially seasons 9 and 10.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So last episode was a pretty alright motw show, after the bomb they dropped on us I wasn't expecting this episode to be story heavy, still pretty alright. I was hoping we'd see more cas so we could really get a feel for what lucifer is planning on doing, but so far it looks like he genuinely wants to obliterate amara so that's interesting.

I would say you're safe watching 8-9-10. Those seasons are legit better than 6 and 7 were. Especially seasons 9 and 10.

VERY DEBATABLE, I personally think 6 was a much better season than 7, 8, 9 or 10.

The first half of 10 is easily one of the worst seasons of supernatural, the second half was fine. I think 9 and 7 are tied for being the worst. 8 had an eh villain but it wasn't terribly offensive, plus it introduced the men of letters, cain and some other neat stuff.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So last episode was a pretty alright motw show, after the bomb they dropped on us I wasn't expecting this episode to be story heavy, still pretty alright. I was hoping we'd see more cas so we could really get a feel for what lucifer is planning on doing, but so far it looks like he genuinely wants to obliterate amara so that's interesting.

VERY DEBATABLE, I personally think 6 was a much better season than 7, 8, 9 or 10.

The first half of 10 is easily one of the worst seasons of supernatural, the second half was fine. I think 9 and 7 are tied for being the worst. 8 had an eh villain but it wasn't terribly offensive, plus it introduced the men of letters, cain and some other neat stuff.

Mmm... I really liked season 9. And 8 was better than 6 by a good amount I felt. 6 and 10 were a bout on par with each other... a lot of good ideas muddied by poor execution.

7 is absolutely horrible though.

Magwik

Banned

Honestly there isn't much in S10 worth watching aside from the last stretch of episodes. The rest is forgettable.

I'd recommend watching all of "The Road So Far" stuff for the seasons you've missed.

I think I'll probably just do this. I also read some quick paragraphs on each season on Wikipedia (they didn't sound all that intriguing, to be honest). I remember really enjoying this show, and that season 6 had some pretty terrible episodes-but also some really good ones. I dropped it very early on in season 7, just didn't seem like it was going anywhere interesting. I remember just thinking the show felt like it ended with season 5. I do miss some of the characters though, especially Dean and Castiel.

I think I'm the only one who enjoyed Seasons 7-10....>_>;

Season 7, probably. But most of us liked 8-10, but didn't love them like the early seasons.
I think I am one of the few that is very attached to the back half of 8.

However, season 11 has been getting almost universal praise on here. It is nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom