• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another solid episode. Not the best of the season, but a good old fashioned monster episode with some standout scenes.

This seasons continues its streak.

george_us

There is still time to fuck it up. That is what I keep telling myself before heaping too much praise on it. It can still crash and burn and disappoint me.
Possibly. Many of the seasons after 5 usually show their flaws early on, so I have hope 11's going to be solid all the way through.

This episode had me on the edge of my seat when he attacked Jody. I was like o no...Have they decided to kill off the last strong woman actor we have left?!?! PLEASE CW DONT DO IT I BEG OF YOU! Then she lived and I was like kay ty love you CW.

So that's what was missing last night, there was a lack of Fiction posting and I guess she deleted her account :( IF YOU'RE READING THIS FICTION WELL WISHES WE'LL MISS YOU!

Well the Supernatural OT won't be the same :(

Deadly

So that's what was missing last night, there was a lack of Fiction posting and I guess she deleted her account :( IF YOU'RE READING THIS FICTION WELL WISHES WE'LL MISS YOU!

Well the Supernatural OT won't be the same :(
Wow what happened to her? Didn't know you could even get your account entirely deleted. Sherlock thread won't be the same either

Wow what happened to her? Didn't know you could even get your account entirely deleted. Sherlock thread won't be the same either

No idea. I kinda didn't want to mention it because I didn't want to derail the thread, but she's an integral part of the Supernatural OT that I couldn't just not mention it.

Damn, that's too bad. I liked Fiction.

I watched last night's episode this morning, and had to pause it for a while unfortunately. It started off quite well and had its moments, and was a pretty solid episode overall. There were some great Dean-isms.

The first twist was kind of easy to call.

Fiction has her reasons for leaving GAF, much like she did when she took the sabbatical from it last year. It is sad to see her go, but it is what she wanted to do.

I am aware you are probably reading this, Fiction, so good luck with whatever you are doing now and hope all is well.

OHMAGAD!!!

Let me watch them like, now!!! =D

It is more of a "back to basics" season. Saving people, hunting things, family business.
It is also great for the lack of drama and secrets between the brothers. There is no infighting, and if there is it lasts for just that episode before all is well in the end.

Episode 4, Baby, is an all time great as well. It is filler, but hot damn if all filler were that great.

It is more of a "back to basics" season. Saving people, hunting things, family business.
It is also great for the lack of drama and secrets between the brothers. There is no infighting, and if there is it lasts for just that episode before all is well in the end.

Episode 4, Baby, is an all time great as well. It is filler, but hot damn if all filler were that great.

Well-said. I agree, and it's got me happy.

I know I've griped enough about the whole Crowley, Kevin, Rowena, blah blah blah drama. At least Lucifer is interesting, whereas Crowley hasn't been in years.

The Darkness has been an afterthought, which is good and bad.

OHMAGAD!!!

Let me watch them like, now!!! =D

Hurry up!! You're missing out man...you know that void in the pit of your stomach? It's not that you're hungry for food, it's hunger for Season 11 of Supernatural!

I sometimes forgot that baby is a filler because how amazing it was. Honestly even the filler this season as been in point.

I miss Fiction :( I hope she's okay. If you're reading this Fiction I hope you all the best <3

Goldrush

True. And we are past the halfway mark, so this season already has a higher run of great episodes than most other seasons.

Yep. But it's also around this point where they starts setting up the next season at the detriment of the current one. Fingers crossed that they could continue their streak, but I wonder what deus ex machina they will pull to resolve the current issues.

Kevin

I was worried about this episode and thought maybe it would be crap but it was actually pretty damn solid with some great moments in. So for me there hasn't been a bad episode yet. Enjoying it immensely!

I was worried about this episode and thought maybe it would be crap but it was actually pretty damn solid with some great moments in. So for me there hasn't been a bad episode yet. Enjoying it immensely!

Has there ever been a bad Sheriff Mills episode? I don't know all of them off the top of my head, but I am curious to know the list.

Kevin

Has there ever been a bad Sheriff Mills episode? I don't know all of them off the top of my head, but I am curious to know the list.

I just didn't care for the Claire Novak stuff mostly. Idk, wasn't horrible but was kind of just boring. I like Sheriff Mills.

aku:jiki

Excellent comedy episode. The vamp stuff was whatever but that felt intentional. It was all about the hilarious dinner scene and the boys being psyched as hell that they got tupperware full of ribs. Speaking of, that felt like the first time in forever that the show touched on their awful eating habits beyond just "Dean likes burgers lol". What next, are we going to get a callback to the credit card fraud?

Except the dinner scene that was funny, it was probably the worst episode since the season started. God those 2 girls are bad actresses. Worst part is that the blonde one wasn't that bad in earlier ones.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Except the dinner scene that was funny, it was probably the worst episode since the season started. God those 2 girls are bad actresses. Worst part is that the blonde one wasn't that bad in earlier ones.

Yeah, the dinner scene was the only standout scene, the rest was pretty terrible.

Choabac

I felt they missed an opportunity by not having Lucifer show up and interact with Claire. Could have been fun to watch.

Kevin

So many published articles from journalists who want a Jodie Mills and the girls spinoff series. Fans already have a name even, "Wayward Daughters":

http://www.hypable.com/supernatural-wayward-daughters-spinoff/

http://www.blastr.com/2016-2-5/supernaturals-latest-episode-should-be-its-next-back-door-pilot

http://www.tv.com/shows/supernatura...dont-you-forget-about-me-review-145452022988/

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1111539/supernatural-season-11-episode-12-recap

http://www.themarysue.com/wayward-daughters-dont-you-forget-about-me/

lol I like the characters but not enough for a spinoff. Surely they could do something better then that? Still wish we had gotten a Men of Letters spinoff or Samuel Colt spinoff or something. If they did make a spinoff of Jodie and the girls, I would give it a watch I guess but it's not the spinoff that I would want though maybe they could find ways to make it more unique since Jodie is a cop, for example. Who knows!

What do you guys think?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've been on that train for a while now. The potential is there, there'd need to be a bit of messing around with the setting and what the story line will look like (I imagine it being a mix of Gilmore Girls and Supernatural) and the cast would need to be expanded a bit (maybe bring back Bobby and have him be that cool neighbor dude everyone goes to when they need advice) but it could be done and done well. It definitely would have the potential to be a lot of fun.

Goldrush

Thought that the idea, not so much the execution, of the backdoor pilot was perfect. Took the two concepts that was shafted by the main series and have it take center stage. I guess Jodie and co. would scratch the same itch since they would be in a similar situation as early Supernatural where the hunter life and monsters were more prominent.

I wish the show was less about gods and angels(which I was kind of done with after season 5), and back to being more low-key, kind of like the last episode and a few others from this season, which has been the most enjoyable in awhile. I guess we're long past the point of no return though.

I wish the show was less about gods and angels(which I was kind of done with after season 5), and back to being more low-key, kind of like the last episode and a few others from this season, which has been the most enjoyable in awhile. I guess we're long past the point of no return though.
I'd just like to see some variety. Excluding angels and demons, how often do we get to see a monster that wasn't some variation of vampire, shapeshifter, or some other flesh eater? It's less than a handful per season, whereas in seasons 1 and 2, we'd see something new every week or two.

Magwik

Banned
I'd just like to see some variety. Excluding angels and demons, how often do we get to see a monster that wasn't some variation of vampire, shapeshifter, or some other flesh eater? It's less than a handful per season, whereas in seasons 1 and 2, we'd see something new every week or two.

Remember when they killed Odin?

Goldrush

The pagan gods as a whole are a big mystery. I don't think we know anything about how they fit into everything except that they aren't purgatory monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom