• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

I will tell you what kids, I will RELINQUISH MY SYSTEM ADMIN ACCESS if that exact image ends up in the final version of the game, with the exact same textures, same positioning, exact same scale. God I hope my faith in Insomniac does not fail me this time...

Anyway, do we even know that Insomniac is making a sequel? Are we positive it's called Resistance 2? Aren't we supposed to find out about their next game in the next few weeks?

B-Ri

WasabiKing said:
I will tell you what kids, I will RELINQUISH MY SYSTEM ADMIN ACCESS if that exact image ends up in the final version of the game, with the exact same textures, same positioning, exact same scale. God I hope my faith in Insomniac does not fail me this time...

Anyway, do we even know that Insomniac is making a sequel? Are we positive it's called Resistance 2? Aren't we supposed to find out about their next game in the next few weeks?

i predict it will have another main title, with "Resistance 2" being its sub name

"Retribution: Resistance 2" for example.

Resistance has to stay in the name, or else how would the commoner know what its a sequel to?

angelfly said:
The latest from from SG:
6o5fpds.jpg

New Wii game?

edit: didn't realize it wasn't showing up

PSP version, rite?

Lobster

Banned
WasabiKing said:

Would a gallery mode with pics of "the making of Resistance2" with rotatable 3D environments count?

arne

WasabiKing said:

you're questioning wollan?
that's quite the folly. tsk tsk.

or your post is misdirection at its finest.

i don't even know who i'm making fun of here

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Damn and I came here looking for something that was going to floor the ground with me but I just find and unfinished thing if event that is Resistance 2.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Any chance R2 would be a PSP game...? I mean, Sony already has KZ2 coming out next year.

Nah.

OR PLEAZ NO SONIES PLEAZ NO

Ventrue

llTll said:
for the sake of everything on earth. lets just hope this is not real -_-

?

It's just a pre-alpha screenshot, one that looks a lot like the Resistance pre-alpha screenshots.

kassatsu

Banned
This is why devs don't show off pre-alpha builds of games to the public. Idiots let their fingers run around on their keyboards like chickens with heads cut off.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I dunno if somebody has mentioned it, but all those pictures are how the environments look like in MAYA, the 3d program. Maya for the most part doesnt read shaders in real time or anything of the sort (you see that when you test the game on a dev kit for example) So don't freak out people, pretty much every game looks like this.

6o5fpds.jpg

30aunlit.jpg

Then again, its fun to see people freak out and think these are real screenshots

Banned
Eteric, there is no need for damage control. it isn't a wii game.

And besides that, lets talk more more about that awesome Jens Lukmen youtube vid in SG post.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Ventrue said:
The new thread title is going to induce heart attacks. :lol
Guilty as charged.... UGH! I came in here excited as FUCK! I was all "no way man.. wtf no way!!"

I accept my ownage like a man.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I want the head of the mod who changed the topic title. WTF I just woke up here :lol

Proelite

Resistance plot. Sounds so fucking awesome!

The levels in Resistance II, in order which they occur, are: Iceland (features Mech boss battle), U.S. Shoreline*, U.S. Defenses* (boss battle in which you defend Big Berthas), San Francisco (takes place at a college, boss battle against a lot of Titans), Redwoods* (boss battle against a bunch of stalkers), Logging Camp*, Farmtown U.S.A., Badlands* (boss battle against a bunch of Goliaths), Chicago* (boss battle against a Leviathan), Louisiana and Mexico* (Chimeran fleet cover the Yucatan). The game ends with the portal opening through which the "true chimera" arrive and the last line in the game is "oh, shit..." Asterisks indicate multiplayer maps.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Proelite said:
Resistance plot. Sounds so fucking awesome!

The levels in Resistance II, in order which they occur, are: Iceland (features Mech boss battle), U.S. Shoreline*, U.S. Defenses* (boss battle in which you defend Big Berthas), San Francisco (takes place at a college, boss battle against a lot of Titans), Redwoods* (boss battle against a bunch of stalkers), Logging Camp*, Farmtown U.S.A., Badlands* (boss battle against a bunch of Goliaths), Chicago* (boss battle against a Leviathan), Louisiana and Mexico* (Chimeran fleet cover the Yucatan). The game ends with the portal opening through which the "true chimera" arrive and the last line in the game is "oh, shit..." Asterisks indicate multiplayer maps.

Sounds cool, never thought about
The True Chimera, thought they would have just been a parasitic bug or something
. Sounds cool though.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Raging Spaniard said:
I dunno if somebody has mentioned it, but all those pictures are how the environments look like in MAYA, the 3d program. Maya for the most part doesnt read shaders in real time or anything of the sort (you see that when you test the game on a dev kit for example) So don't freak out people, pretty much every game looks like this.

6o5fpds.jpg

30aunlit.jpg

Then again, its fun to see people freak out and think these are real screenshots

That second picture is from the Insmoniac devblog, and is from an article showing what resistance levels look like before the lighting pass is done

The first pic is a pre alpha screenshot before detail and lighting passes.

Anyone who is posting "OMG I hope the final game doesn't look like this!!" must have very little faith in Insomniac.

Ventrue

Borys said:
:lol @ that pic

Killzone 2 killer?

Yeah fucking right.

Oh boy. You know some people are going to take that seriously, right?

Borys Stealth Edit said:
Didn't read the thread, dumb be me.

Haha, you were serious. You thought Resistance 2 would really look like that? :lol :lol

Chrono

Banned
Ventrue said:
Haha, you were serious. You thought Resistance 2 would really look like that? :lol :lol

Crysis is now sending Borys into states of hysteria and hallucinatios. I'm afraid it won't stop until a console game beats Crysis out of the graphics king crown. Killzone 2 to cure Borys!

Chrono said:
Crysis is now sending Borys into states of hysteria and hallucinatios. I'm afraid it won't stop until a console game beats Crysis out of the graphics king crown. Killzone 2 to cure Borys!

No console game will look better than Crysis this gen.

I can't see another PC game looking better than it for quite some time either.

Oh and those pics are clearly in their map editor thus no effects, no lighting and placeholder textures.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
dogmaan said:
That second picture is from the Insmoniac devblog, and is from an article showing what resistance levels look like before the lighting pass is done

The first pic is a pre alpha screenshot before detail and lighting passes.

Anyone who is posting "OMG I hope the final game doesn't look like this!!" is a complete fucking idiot.

Fixed

Yes sir.

Top Bottom