• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

GrayFoxPL

Ploid 3.0 said:
81rg11h.png

The game that I'm working on. Don't hate.

I can see the potential!

Day one.

sinnergy

dogmaan said:
That second picture is from the Insmoniac devblog, and is from an article showing what resistance levels look like before the lighting pass is done

The first pic is a pre alpha screenshot before detail and lighting passes.

Anyone who is posting "OMG I hope the final game doesn't look like this!!" must have very little faith in Insomniac.

And no clue on how a game is developed. Not much to do with faith, most posters here are pretty much clueless. Don't blame them.

Lobster

Banned
sinnergy said:
And no clue on how a game is developed. Not much to do with faith, most posters here are pretty much clueless. Don't blame them.

Pretty much.

But it is harsh for us Wii fans though :\ We try to use common sense with our games..but in the end it bites us in the ass and the game actually looks like when it was first revealed.

deepbrown

Lobster said:
Pretty much.

But it is harsh for us Wii fans though :\ We try to use common sense with our games..but in the end it bites us in the ass and the game actually looks like when it was first revealed.
Are "Wii gamers" a breed? Do they really all think the same way?

sinnergy

Lobster said:
Pretty much.

The Metroid Prime games are prototyped with only levels with boxes etc.. to test gameplay.
That's pretty much the same imo.

That is changed when the game is released :lol Otherwise Wii owners are f*cked!

BTW In Prime one the changed the First Boss quite a bit when the Retail version hit, and lighting and textures.

Amir0x

Banned
of course that pic isn't indicative of the way R2 will look, just that since this is Surfer Girl I thought the best way for people to see this without making a new thread for Surfer Girl information was to make a nifty title.

*tee hee*

Nice work Y2Kevenhausen.

Anyway that could be legitimate pre-alpha, could be work from a fan. I wouldn't rule out it being content that didn't make it into the first game, there were probably cuts made to make the launch.

If it is indeed legitimate, I'm a fan of Surfer Girl and she is basically risking her whole reputation on Resistance 2- then someone at Sony is going to lose their job over this. Probably QA if it's in this stage.

gr.image.jpg

Well there is something good that came out of that this whole mess. I got to take a look at that devblog. Some very interesting stuff, its surprising how simple some of the geometry is except you never get to notice it with all the crazy lighting.
Lobster said:
Some people said that that pic was plausible.
they probably didn't play a wii game in a couple of months.

FirewalkR

I'd like to think that everyone here _knows for a fact_ that it will look at least as good as Resistance 1 (and almost everyone knows that it will look way better) and most of the retard posts of late are just being ironic or sarcastic (i honestly have trouble knowing the difference, cue explanation posts and derail). However... this is GAF and anything is possible! :lol

womfalcs3

Banned
Wasn't it Stevenson himself (or at least it was an Insomniac Games employee) who said we should see the same jump in visuals from Ratchet that Ratchet saw from the first Resistance installment?

People... just wait. Surfer Girl says it's from a build in May or April 2007. They were working on Ratchet and Clank Future then, and Resistance: Fall of Man was going strong online. You can't expect much work on Resistance 2 then.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Well hmmmmmmmmmmm i recon with all the joint resources between SCEI all their new shooters would be up there looking like Killzone 2 later this year.......... well we can only hope!

ksamedi

Surfer girl seems legit, that means that SSX is dead and that a limited online version of Animal Crossing will come to the west and that Japan gets the MMO version. Ow, and skies of arcadia sequal for Wii and Beyond Good and Evil sequal for all consoles.

andycapps

womfalcs3 said:
Wasn't it Stevenson himself (or at least it was an Insomniac Games employee) who said we should see the same jump in visuals from Ratchet that Ratchet saw from the first Resistance installment?

People... just wait. Surfer Girl says it's from a build in May or April 2007. They were working on Ratchet and Clank Future then, and Resistance: Fall of Man was going strong online. You can't expect much work on Resistance 2 then.

Agree with the first paragraph, but you better believe that Resistance 2 has been hard in development since probably shortly after Resistance 1 was wrapped up. They have two teams (one work on Ratchet, the other work on Resistance which is headed up by Ted Price), and then they have a small group (I believe) that works with the online coding for their games. So I don't believe that they wasted months in-between when Resistance went gold and these supposed April/May 2007 pictures came out. Insomniac is not a studio that sits around for long at all, they're a very efficient, well managed company. That being said, I don't see why these pictures couldn't be legit pictures that were just for layouts and getting rough ideas of everything.

Goldrusher

Move along people, nothing to see here.

The screen is almost a year old and it's probably nothing more than some kind of map layout test...with jeeps...using old models and textures.

oneHeero

I rush to post #579 to see a Red X. I read on thinking someone rehosted and I see "eww if thats R2 than insomniac has lost it"

I am dissappointed we didnt get a real screen on R2.

Apocryphon

ksamedi said:
Surfer girl seems legit, that means that SSX is dead and that a limited online version of Animal Crossing will come to the west and that Japan gets the MMO version. Ow, and skies of arcadia sequal for Wii and Beyond Good and Evil sequal for all consoles.

SSX ain't dead yet...

Busty

Banned
You know the worse thing about this whole picture related discusson?

Every person here that posted a negative reaction to that picture knew that it was a very early screen and unrepresentative of the final game.

And yet they posted their comments anyway.

*shakes head*

Ramenman

Metalmurphy said:
Never forget:

IMG]http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/pics4/Killzone2-PS3.jpg[/IMG]

But I tell you it's NOT A SHADOW !!! ITS A HOLE IN THE WALL !! THATS WHY IT -- oh no wait it's a MIRROR !! I GET IT !!! A MIRRRROR ! YOU PLAY AS A HELGAST AND AGAHRJGZAHEGJHEEEHJ---

Lobster

Banned
Ramenman said:
But I tell you it's NOT A SHADOW !!! ITS A HOLE IN THE WALL !! THATS WHY IT -- oh no wait it's a MIRROR !! I GET IT !!! A MIRRRROR ! YOU PLAY AS A HELGAST AND AGAHRJGZAHEGJHEEEHJ---

lol you talking about that red flying bullet?

:lol

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Ramenman said:

:lol both rifles are different ones and ISA Assault Rifle with Grenade Launcher Attachment and the Helghast is holding a Helghast Light Assault Rifle with Shot Gun Attachment................ i got the PS2 game booklet, love the guns in this game. :D :lol

Amir0x said:
of course that pic isn't indicative of the way R2 will look, just that since this is Surfer Girl I thought the best way for people to see this without making a new thread for Surfer Girl information was to make a nifty title.

*tee hee*
So, you're the culprit!

Also, I don't know why people are even questioning their faith in Insomniac. This is, obviously, far from a finished game image. The worst, anyone, can expect, are graphics on par with the original R:FOM, and I don't recall ever seeing complaints about that.

jjasper

Mojovonio said:
But I don't understand???

Ratchet and Clank was an amazing looking game? WTF HAPPENED?

You don't really think it is going to look like that do you? I really doubt Insomniac would release a sequel that looked worse than the first one.

joshcryer said:
That was a good day. :lol

Man that was one of the most entertaining things of all time.
Especially Doom_Bringer ripping on tempy in the IRC and tempy just posting the link to the video and then:

doom_bringer has exited

Fricken classic

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Goldrusher said:
Move along people, nothing to see here.

The screen is almost a year old and it's probably nothing more than some kind of map layout test...with jeeps...using old models and textures.
If it indeed is a picture of Resistance 2 there would be much to see, because while the screen for itself isn't telling regarding the graphical quality of Resistance, it would be a big sign that surfergirl is legit - which would result in an awesome source for "news" ;).

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
ksamedi said:

The Burnout demo had the the DJ hinting at a new SSX later this year.

tanod

when is my burrito
womfalcs3 said:

Not to mention that they were in production on R&C for 18 months. Pre-Production for 9 months, full production for another 9. If they follow the same schedule with R2, they will just be going into full production on R2 now. IF that's really R2 (and not a shot from a pre-alpha build of R1), that has to be as basic of a concept image as you could get.

Top Bottom