• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

SappYoda

Ramenman said:
But I tell you it's NOT A SHADOW !!! ITS A HOLE IN THE WALL !! THATS WHY IT -- oh no wait it's a MIRROR !! I GET IT !!! A MIRRRROR ! YOU PLAY AS A HELGAST AND AGAHRJGZAHEGJHEEEHJ---

It's a poster in a wall.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
The assets in that picture are all from Resistance 1. And there is no shader. Looks like they were just throwing some ideas around...i notice 2 jeeps. Multiplayer vehicles?

Basch

TheRagnCajun said:
Grr damn you topic title!!

I agree. What the hell?!? Bastards! How dare you play with my mind? I knew something was up when the OP wasn't being updated with the picture. :lol What a great way to start the day. Insomniac release something already. Please. I need some more recent info. :D

NeoUltima

Evazan said:
The assets in that picture are all from Resistance 1. And there is no shader. Looks like they were just throwing some ideas around...i notice 2 jeeps. Multiplayer vehicles?
There is also a stalker in the back.

DuckRacer

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/01/january-third-things.html

January third things.

1) Those who purchase Halo Wars will be treated to an exclusive sneak peak of Peter Jackson's Halo: Chronicles ala Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.
2) That previously-mentioned virtual recreation of an existent earthquake from Eidos is called Downfall: San Francisco and takes place following the San Francisco Earthquake in 1906.
3) Saboteur is shaping up to be absolutely amazing, best WWII game in awhile likely.
4) Rare has a second 360 title slated for release this year and possibly a small XBLA affair (or two) in addition to this.
5) Rivalry of musical games with keyboard peripherals occurs in North America in fall.
6) Blue Castle Games is working on a sequel to The Bigs, which will see release this MLB season and a racing title (and an action title).
7) Sadly, a 30 Rock cell phone title is in the works for a release sometime this year.

UPDATE: I've been asked this one a bit.
What is that non-L.A. Noire PS3 exclusive from Rockstar?
The spiritual successor to Red Dead Revolver from Rockstar San Diego.

1) Those who purchase Halo Wars will be treated to an exclusive sneak peak of Peter Jackson's Halo: Chronicles ala Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

Very cool. I watched a lot of the LOTR Extended Edition documentaries over Christmas and it had me thinking of the possibilities for a Wingnut/WETA Halo title.

SPEA

Now that's interesting. Would definitly be a smart move by MS.
3) Saboteur is shaping up to be absolutely amazing, best WWII game in awhile likely.
Nice! I'm glad this is progressing well. I love the look of this game.
4) Rare has a second 360 title slated for release this year and possibly a small XBLA affair (or two) in addition to this.
I won't hold me breath. But that would be amazing if true.

ZeroTolerance

What could this mean ?

Mega...... ?

SolidSnakex said:

Really? A decent gritty western game could be good, Gun had some great moments but fell down as an overall package and Call of Juarez had too much sneaking and not enough bible-quoting. R* San Diego could do something pretty special if they pick the right direction.

Francias Castiglione said:
Really? A decent gritty western game could be good, Gun had some great moments but fell down as an overall package and Call of Juarez had too much sneaking and not enough bible-quoting. R* San Diego could do something pretty special if they pick the right direction.

I hate Western shit almost as much as I hate LoTR type stuff.

The trailer for this was shown at Sony's E3 press conference in 2005.

MassiveAttack said:
The trailer for this was shown at Sony's E3 press conference in 2005.

Yeah but that told us absolutely jack about the tone of the game. It could be all "Yeehaw!" and old folk drinking moonshine instead of something a bit rougher like Deadwood or 3:10 To Yuma (to use recent examples)

SolidSnakex said:
I hate Western shit almost as much as I hate LoTR type stuff.

I'm not a massive fan of the "classics" of the genre but Deadwood was superbly written and got me into the more realistic depictions of the era.

Yeah but that told us absolutely jack about the tone of the game. It could be all "Yeehaw!" and old folk drinking moonshine instead of something a bit rougher like Deadwood or 3:10 To Yuma (to use recent examples)

True but I don't think the title Sony is hinting at is Red Dead Revolver 2 or whatever Rockstar is calling it internally.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
i am a Western games fan since Mad Dog McCree , so i want this to happen

MassiveAttack said:
True but I don't think the title Sony is hinting at is Red Dead Revolver 2 or whatever Rockstar is calling it internally.

PSblog said:
As Jack mentioned in the interview with Geoff, this franchise is not LA Noire, but something all new

if this story is true it look like they will drop the Red Dead Revolver name ( was originally Capcom's )for something new , maybe this time it's something like GTA Western ( with GTA4 engine ) instead of spaghetti western game .

Totobeni said:
if this story is true it look like they will drop the Red Dead Revolver name ( was originally Capcom's )for something new , maybe this time it's something like GTA Western ( with GTA4 engine ) instead of spaghetti western game .

Surely it would be GTE (Grand Theft Equine)

Ashhong

Holy crap this thread kept going? Updating the OP I guess...man that might take a while.

and LOL @ Resistance 2 pic. Fooled me.

ksamedi

Ashhong said:
Holy crap this thread kept going? Updating the OP I guess...man that might take a while.

and LOL @ Resistance 2 pic. Fooled me.

While your at it, could you catogorize the rumors with platforms. PS3, 36- and Wii.

John Harker said:
The only "Western" game that should be made is The Dark Tower

The only way they could do it justice is to have you play as Roland
on the (apparently final) journey as he restarts it at the end of the final book, that way you can justify changes to the plot and characters without ruining the continuity already established.
Unfortunately I don't see it happening.

SPEA said:
I won't hold me breath. But that would be amazing if true.

Well, Blim has been saying for like a year that Rare have 3 360 games due for retail release next year and that he expects at least 2 of them to actually make it (Correct me if wrong Blim).

I want PD2 and/Kameo 2 but I doubt we'll get another Kameo anytime soon :(

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
steverulez said:
Well, Blim has been saying for like a year that Rare have 3 360 games due for retail release next year and that he expects at least 2 of them to actually make it (Correct me if wrong Blim).

I want PD2 and/Kameo 2 but I doubt we'll get another Kameo anytime soon :(

Banjo and PDZ2. Why? Banjo because it's already been stated. PDZ2 because it's always easy to make an FPS a showcase game for graphics.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
why is this thread still alive?

In the vain hope that someone, somewhere posts a photo of Surfer Girl who turns out to be hotter than a thousand suns, thus powering the dreams, hopes and desires of 90% of the GAF community.

Is there anywhere I can get Resistance for cheap? I guess I could borrow it from my friend dante786, who was somehow banned for "trolling" PS3. But I'd rather own it.

Even a new copy is backordered at ebgames.com, wtf.

Ashhong

ksamedi said:
While your at it, could you catogorize the rumors with platforms. PS3, 36- and Wii.

You must be crazy lol. Sorry, that would take too much time. I edited it...but it wont show! wat the crap....is there some kind of post size limit?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
AdmiralViscen said:
Is there anywhere I can get Resistance for cheap? I guess I could borrow it from my friend dante786, who was somehow banned for "trolling" PS3. But I'd rather own it.

Even a new copy is backordered at ebgames.com, wtf.

$39.99 at Best Buy this week.

xoxo

Ashhong

jeremy_ricci said:
jstevenson
Pro Lurker
(Today, 07:43 PM)

You always pop up when needed...it's almost creepy.

Seriously, you should just participate regularly =)

Also, have you already reassured us that that Resistance 2 pic was insanely insanely early? lol

Ashhong

There must be a god damn post character limit. Uh....heres the rest lol. Mods add it to my first? =/

Companies are not going to be reprimanded unless the consumers act, be it a class action lawsuit or demanding the ESA create and enforce rules that would fine members for engaging in such behaviors or both.[/QUOTE]

November 18, 2007 Update

November eighteenth things.

1) Burnout is coming to Wii next year, the title may be a port of this year's Dominator.
2) Retro Studios is working on two games (and possibly more), one for DS and the other (a new IP that is not a FPS, as previously mentioned) for Wii. Neither of which involve the word Metroid.
3) Is Ninja Reflex a real game?
Yes, you should be hearing more about this title being developed by EA UK in the next thirty days. I'll just say it is "interesting."
4) What do you think of BlackSite: Area 51?
It's nice to see a FPS question the genre's signature parading of Clancyesque masturbatory jingoism (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or Halo 3, anyone?) and blatantly condemn the Bush administration, Harvey Smith has done a good job, definitely worth a rental. Clive Thompson thinks so too. For a dense perspective that is eluded by allusions, look no further than the News Corp.-owned IGN.
5) The next Tony Hawk game, what I call Tony Hawk's X (Activision, feel free to use that title), will abandon the series' signature arcade style in favor of "redefining skateboarding games with the most realistic representation of the sport ever seen in a game." In other words, Skate took a bite out of the sales of Tony Hawk's Proving Ground.

November 20, 2007 Update

November twentieth things.

1) Crysis is coming to PS360, but not until Q3 of EA's fiscal 09 [October-December 2008].
2) Also coming to PS360 next September is skate two., which, as previously mentioned, takes place outside of San Vanelona.
3) Also coming next fall is the Wii version of Spore from EA Montreal, which be the first home console version of the title to see release. The Wii version feature an online mode for content sharing akin to that found in the original version and the possibility of online gameplay for the Wii version is being looked into. The DS version of Spore (which Jenova Chen was working on prior to joining thatgamecompany), seeing release alongside the original version in April, will support the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for gameplay.
4) Driver 5 (working title) is not exclusive to the PS3 (nor was such ever the case), it will be hitting PC and 360 as well sometime next year.

November 21, 2007 Update

November twenty-first things.

1) Do any people in the industry read your blogs?
Statcounter says persons from Electronic Arts, Insomniac Games, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Namco Bandai, High Moon Studios, Disney Interactive Studios, LucasArts, Liquid Entertainment, THQ, Radical Entertainment, Capcom, Ubisoft, Nintendo of America, Eidos, Human Head Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bethesda Softworks, Konami, Rockstar San Diego, Rockstar Games, Red Storm Entertainment, Activision, Sierra Entertainment, and others.
2) Yes, Duke Nukem Forever is still coming out in fall 2008, for PS360 and computing machines. It is even coming out before that supposedly-existent Sadness game. Also, according to two emails I have received, Chinese Democracy is coming out next year.
3) When is The Sims 3 coming out?
Currently scheduled for February 2009 around the ninth anniversary of the release of The Sims.

November 24, 2007 Update

November twenty-fourth things.

1) Backbone Entertainment is continuing the honorable tradition of bringing PSP titles to the Wii with Death, Jr. II: Root of Evil, which will be published by Konami sometime next year.
2) Also coming next year from Backbone Entertainment is a version of Gauntlet for the DS, the hack-and-slash adventure will support the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for multiplayer with up to four players. Gauntlet will also make an appearance on Nintendo's other system in the same timeframe.
3) Who do you think is going to be the Republican presidential nominee?
Mike Huckabee (no, not RuPaul, much to the dismay to the Internet Kingdom, which is adjacent to the Mushroom Kingdom)
4) Kirby will be tilting and tumbling on WiiWare.
5) I don't work for PSM3 (nor do I "communicate" with the magazine) , I'm not British (I think it is quite obvious). I am not an employee of Future Publishing. The rumors are taken directly from this blog and I am not credited probably because I may have burned a river with the publication by refusing to do an interview (I explain why here). Expect things from this blog to show up in a litany of publications in the coming months, though.
6) Are you writing a book?
No, I have not attempted to do that in a number of years and have no desire or reason to attempt again. I am not Daniel Lyons.
7) What is your favourite album of all-time?
I would be lying if I said anything other than The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady.

November 26, 2007 Update

November twenty-sixth things.

1) What is 2K Boston's next game?
That secret Project X that has been in development since last year or so, should be announced next year and is coming out in 2009. It's a tactical RPG. You can guess the genre of the game coming after that in the year we made contact.
2) That Max Payne 3 that some Canadian Rockstar studio is working on may be pushed back to 2009, might take crown of the new Duke Nukem Forever (since DNF is coming out next fall) as development was supposedly started from scratch when said developer took mantle of Max Payne 3 last year
3) What is the other title Eidos Montreal is working on?
It is from one of these franchises: Legacy of Kain, Thief, or Fear Effect (the last title in that series was canceled when it was more than 90% complete with the usual BS "quality control" reason)
4) Who do you think will be Time Magazine's "Man of the Year"?
Al Gore

UPDATE: Aloha, 2K Australia.

UPDATE NUMBER TWO: Turns out "the year we made contact" title is being made by another 2K studio, as has been noted.

November 28, 2007 Update

Disaster: Your Irrational Behavior is BioShocking

Some may have noticed a job posting on Gamasultra yesterday with these words:

Some of the creators of the award-winning “Bioshock” are starting up a new studio in the Bay Area

Here's the story about that from someone.

2K Boston is still recovering - a good chunk of the BioShock team did not want to work with Ken ever again, and 2K definitely understood the sentiment and let them set up a new studio so that they can make Bioshock 2, leaving Ken with Project X. A good chunk of the other senior 2K Boston people who were sick of Ken but didn't move to San Francisco ended up scattering to other AAA developers instead. In Quincy, they're essentially rebuilding a team from almost scratch again.

It should be noted 2K Marin (the new SF studio) also consists of a few people from 2K Australia, the Quincy studio's Canberran counterpart.

UPDATE: I misspelled disaster again.

UPDATE TWO: The job posting over at Gamasultra has had those words quoted above removed and that Project X is a new X-Com title, as previously reported by the internet, and this post has been confirmed by one who left for San Francisco. It is certainly possible to make a good BioShock sequel/prequel without Ken Levine, he didn't single-handedly make a masterpiece.

December 1, 2007 Update

Are gamers really that oblivious?

How is Blacksite: Area 51 subversive beyond maybe a texture or two? I just don't see it.

They went for a T rating specifically and cut out of the blood in the game to mock how nonviolent and blatantly unrealistic the Call of Dutys and various other militaristic first person shooters of the world are. You go to Iraq and you do not find weapons of mass destruction, rather heavily armed citizens and mutants paid for by American taxpayers. The final level is the Superdome (not literally, but pretty damn obvious), which is the base of operations for "the enemy" (who are Americans, albeit mutated). Et cetera, et cetera. How is that not subversive?

December 2, 2007 Update

Activision Blizzard

I had a feeling that Activision would do something outlandish to prevent them from losing money and announcing the formation of a conglomerate on Sunday is that. Not to mention that Activision Blizzard is a terrible name, clearly shows that only three minutes of thought went into the name, just because you can combine two companies whose output is exclusively tired franchises or uninspired interpretations of licenses (Activision) and exclusively tired franchises (Blizzard), respectively, into one name does not mean you should. Why settle with that horrible name when there's a plethora of portmanteaux or other combinations? Activizzard, please abandon that name for one below:

* Activision Sierra
* ActivisionSierra
* Activivendi
* Activision Vivendi
* ActivisionVivendi
* Vivendivision
* VivendiActivision
* Vivendi Activision

In other news, Doug Morris, a member of Activision Blizzard's board of directors, has announced that "[his] company" will sue YouTube and MySpace for some reason related to piracy or something. Also, all titles released by the company feature orcs, aliens, and demons (although, that story-based music game from Activision I heard about had all of those already).

In case you don't know, Diablo III was supposed to be released in 2006 or 2007 and that was delayed until 2009 to concentrate on games featuring something+craft in their titles. With that and the Warcraft title to capitalize on the Warcraft movie, 2009 will probably be Blizzard's most prolific year ever. Maybe Blizzard's development process will start to make a bit of sense and be efficient now, but I doubt that.

The last time Activision published a new IP that did not get a future port, sequel, or expansion was 2003 with Wakeboarding Unleashed, Blizzard has never published a new IP that did not get a port, sequel, or expansion pack.

Below I discuss some fo the probable future acquisitions of the industry:
Infogrames & Atari - Take-Two or Ubisoft
Darkworks - Ubisoft
Midway becomes subsidiary of Viacom
Quantic Dream - Sony
Codemasters - SCi or Warner Bros.
SCi - Warner Bros.
Epic Games - Microsoft or Midway or something that starts with a M

UPDATE: A commenter points out that "I neglected to mention how Robert Kotick and Brian Kelly each donate tens of thousands to the RNC and Republicans annually." In contrast, EA CEO John Riccitiello is a Democrat.

December 4, 2007 Update

December fourth things.

1) Wolfenstein is coming late summer/early next fall for PS360 and PC.
2) Treyarch is currently working three titles that will see release next fall, Spider-Man: Red vs. Black "featuring an original plotline chronicling one of the comic world's greatest rivalries," Call of Duty 5 "a historical shooter that introduces many innovative ideas never-before-seen in the series that will excite fans," and James Bond 007 (working title) "an explosive action game with a strong online component that lives up to the legacy of the greatest action character of all-time" that will be the first of annual releases.
3) Plans for a PS3-exclusive Far Cry title has been trashed in favor of Far Cry 2 for next-gen consoles.
4) Heavy Iron is working on WALL•E for PSWii60, DSP and PS2.

December 6, 2007 Update

Ask Surfer Girl Volume VI

1) What is one Dreamcast game you admire?
Sega Marine Fishing, the quintessential arcade-style fishing game. I cannot say I have actually gone fishing, but I played Reel Fishing, which was definitely boring. Realistic fishing could not possibly be exciting. I'd snatch up a Wiimake of SMF in a second (but instead they are Wiimaking the inferior Sega Bass Fishing). In the true spirit of video games, Sega Marine Fishing manages to make an activity that I'm repulsed by fun, much like how the Grand Theft Auto series does the same for criminal activities.
2) Is Gears of War 2 coming out next year?
Definitely, Gears of War III is coming out 2010, after all.
3) Do you like muffins?
Of course.
4) Is Juno as good as my film industry friends say it is?
Yes it is.

Ashhong

December 10, 2007 Update

December tenth things.

1) Is Michael Pachter's suggestion that Rockstar North might "pull a Bungie" remotely possible?
No, he made it apparent that he can be nonsensical and aloof to the fact that the only way a number of folks would touch at least a majority of Rockstar's managerial team is with an one hundred meter pole, which they would then use to poke the Houser brothers out of the building permanently and then apply a restraining order (obviously without the pole). Ubisoft might be crazy enough to want to employ them, but they will probably have no choice except to stay where they are. It's not like it is impossible to make a Grand Theft Auto rivaling and possibly exceeding past titles without them.
2) Is Dreamcast 2 happening?
Sega does not have any plans to ever make a console again in the universe where Jason Lee thought it would be a good idea to star in a film adaptation of Alvin & the Chipmunks penned by the man who wrote Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties and I am doubting Pilot Inspektor Riesgraf is much of an Alvin fan.
3) BioWare Austin's first massively-multiplayer role playing game, coming 2009, has a fantasy setting akin to the company's previous fantasy role playing games, possibly based on the intellectual property those fantasy role playing games revolved around. As previously mentioned, this is not related to Star Wars, BioWare Edmonton is working on that one. But the new Star Wars MMO, tentatively slated for the latter half of 2009 (possibly coinciding with the premiere of the Star Wars TV series), is in development elsewhere. LucasArts may have a second MMO up its sleeves as well.
4) How far away from completion is To End All Wars?
A few months.
5) What 2008 games do you recommend staying away from?
Iron Man, Karaoke Revolution Presents American Idol Encore, Lost: The Video Game, Hellboy: The Science of Evil (delayed to coincide with film), Rogue Warrior, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Ninja Reflex, Jumper, Golden Axe: Beast Rider, and a few others.
6) What do you think of Don King Presents: Prizefighter?
There's forthcoming boxing games that I'm more excited about.

Also, there's an article about this blog in the new issue of Ngamer called "Surf's Up," in which the publication's fondness for hot scoops is revealed. Those professionals at Future Publishing.

December 13, 2007 Update

Ask Surfer Girl Volume VII

1) What do you think of EA?
Industry leader committed to quality, innovation and originality. No other company would have let Will Wright make Spore and definitely no one else would give Will tens of millions of dollars to develop a game about evolution with complete creative freedom. No one else would spend tens of millions on marketing on said title. Et cetera.
2) What is this new Blizzard MMO?
Demons, the Blizz don't do new IP.
3) What is this Shellshock II
A better version of the mediocre but inspired game that Guerrilla made, apparently this time it features zombies.
4) When is Mass Effect 2 coming out?
This decade.
5) Is Blocks still the greatest puzzle game since Tetris now that it is Boom Blox?
Definitely.

December 15, 2007 Update

December fifteenth things.

1) That previously-mentioned "something from J.J. Abrams that is not Lost is getting the game treatment" is that Star Trek movie.
1b) On another J.J. Abrams-related note, according to an email I received, "Cloverfield is about as good as that American Godziilla film" and features "performances equal to the tour de force delivered by Wilson the Volleyball in Cast Away" and "an ending that indicates a sequel will happen." They end their email with "no wonder they are releasing this in January." Although, it is obvious from that five minute clip on the Cloverfield site that the acting on the film is not remotely near convincing.
2) Daniel Craig wasn't lying, Activision's first James Bond game is indeed called James Bond | 007, just like the movie it is based on.
3) The next Diablo (probably titled Diablo III) will feature a single-player component (akin to previous titles) and an MMO component (less akin to previous titles), will be announced sometime next spring and is still on track for release before decade's end.

December 19, 2007 Update

December nineteenth things.

1) What American publishers have titles that support the Wii Balance Board coming out next year?
EA, Disney, Activision, Majesco, and one that starts with a T.
2) What did you think of the Duke Nukem Forever teaser?
Unimpressive. Should have been cut to Wall of Voodoo's cover of "Ring of Fire." It would slightly more impressive if that occurred. But as a female, sexism is about as appealing to me as George Broussard's hairstyle. But that is all irrelevant if 3D Realms employees are having fun working on a game that will sell far too many copies.
3) Will there be a Freedom Fighters 2?
IO is considering doing this, but demand will decide the outcome.
4) Mass Effect ain't the only epic space game that EA has up its sleeve.
5) Where it the new Road Rash?
That next-gen Road Rash EA UK was working on was canceled awhile ago.

Also, my pick for game of the year might be the same as three other people, but I use far less words.

December 25, 2007 Update

December twenty-fifth things.

1) SSX 5 is dead, rivalry between fall 2008 PS360 snowboarding titles of Montreal studios still existent.
2) The Mother/Earthbound series is coming to Wii and/or DS stateside, very possibly next year. A Mother IV is only slightly more likely than Shenmue III
3) Team Ico is working on two titles (maybe three), one major and the other(s) smaller. The smaller one(s) is/are more like Echochrome and does/do not take place inside the Ico canon.
4) Kane & Lynch 2 is still happening.
5) Also to look forward to next year is "Shrek going to unprecedented video game territory." Using skills of deduction, it is either a music title or a quality title. It is fairly obvious that the latter is definite no, so it probably a musical title.
6) Even more exciting unprecedented occurrence in interactive entertainment is the release of a new Leisure Suit Larry title and a new Sex & the City titles in the same year for mobile communication tools, computing devices and other things.
7) A2M is working on Indiana Jones for people who cannot stand to play consoles with the number three in the name--DS/Wii/PS2/PSP.
8) EA's Wii Balance Board title ain't SSX.
9) Cyclomite is absolutely amazing.
10) When is Rage coming out?
Second half of 2009.

December 26, 2007 Update

December twenty-sixth things.

1) That Avatar game that Ubisoft Montreal is working with will ship with high-quality stereoscopic 3D glasses (like the ones that you get when you see an IMAX 3D film).
2) Namco is working on a console 3D (as in the context above) Ridge Racer title.
3) The current version of Indiana Jones has pretty much nothing in common with what was seen in the E3 06 trailer. The version where Indy is Ali rhythmic taps of the A button is no more and a signature, announced feature or two may have disappeared.
4) A2M's Indiana Jones title, which has had a far mroe stable development, follows same plot its big next-gen siblings, but in an alternate universe sort of way. Waggle-lovers shan't worry, Wii is the lead SKU for the title.
5) What do you think of Wii Fit?
Day one purchase.

I cannot confirm this tidbit, but I've heard it from one who is rather reliable:
6) There is a "Christian and historically accurate response to Spore" in the works.

December 27, 2007 Update

December twenty-seventh thing.

It is an epic action-RPG in which the actions of the player decide the outcome of the game (kind of like Mass Effect) and it kind of looks like Final Fantasy X.

December 30, 2007 Update

December thirtieth things.

1) Factor 5's next title, a downloadable affair out next year, will feature multiplayer.
2) Discs of Tron and Tron will see finally release next year on XBLA.
3) The Grasshopper DS remakes (The Silver Case, The Silver Case Ward 25, and Flower, Sun, and Rain) will see stateside release next year.
4) EA Tiburon's Wii-exclusive title is a new intellectual property that is one of the two or three new intellectual properties from Tiburon that will see release next year.
5) Some of the 2008 additions to the Xbox Originals lineup: Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, Amped 2, Armed and Dangerous, Blinx: The Time Sweeper, Blinx 2: Masters of Time & Space, Blood Wake, Brute Force, Conker: Live & Reloaded, Dead or Alive 3, Deathrow, Dino Crisis 3, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Fable bonus content, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, GunValkyrie, Halo 2, Jade Empire, Jet Set Radio Future, Mechassault, MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Midtown Madness 3, Ninja Gaiden, Quantum Redshift, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Phantom Dust Rent-A-Hero No. 1, Shenmue II, Sneakers, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel Without a Pulse", Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus, ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth, Tork: Prehistoric Punk, Voodoo Vince, Whacked!. Service expected to have over one hundred titles end of next year.
6) The two-dimensional Grand Theft Auto titles (with Mission Packs included) will grace console(s) next year in a downloadable form.
7) Watch out Mario Kart because Electronic Arts racing to the finish line next year with MySims: Racers for the Wii and DS.
8) Cryptic's Marvel project is dead, but they have two or three other MMOs that they are working on. One will peep its little head out next year.
9) Next fall's Wolfenstein takes place in some large, open hub city where you select missions and go about them. And there are side quests too! So it's like Saboteur, except with more shooting, less French people, and is not published by Electronic Arts.
10) Next year, Eidos hopes you want to survive a virtual recreation of an existent earthquake.

UPDATE: Apparently, it needs to be clarified that Factor 5's next title (and the one after that) are PS3-only.

January 2, 2008 Update

mysterygame.jpg

UPDATE: Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. The answer is indeed "Resistance 2." Taken from an early version dated around last April or May.

UPDATE: While were on topic, I think I shall I repost that spoilerriffic description of Resistance II from a few months back (as there it needs to be highlighted here):

January 3, 2008 Update

January third things.

2) That previously-mentioned virtual recreation of an existent earthquake from Eidos is called Downfall: San Francisco and takes place following the San Francisco Earthquake in 1906.
5) Rivalry of musical games with keyboard peripherals occurs in North America in fall.
6) Blue Castle Games is working on a sequel to The Bigs, which will see release this MLB season and a racing title (and an action title).
7) Sadly, a 30 Rock cell phone title is in the works for a release sometime this year.

UPDATE: I've been asked this one a bit.
What is that non-L.A. Noire PS3 exclusive from Rockstar?
The spiritual successor to Red Dead Revolver from Rockstar San Diego.

RavenFox

Banned
TTP said:
I want the head of the mod who changed the topic title. WTF I just woke up here :lol

LOL tell me about it. I was like holy shit a Resistance 2 screenshot AND looking better than Killzone? Mofo's are just wrong:lol

Whoever Surfer Girl is, her sources are ace! Their is not a thing she has said that has been debunked, sure only some things have been confirmed, but still she has no strikes against her.

I wonder who he/she is? Do we have and information about him/her?

B-Ri

id ont knwo why people would want crysis on consoles, itll be the most incredibly gimpped thing, and nothing like what the developers had intended crysis to be.

Top Bottom