• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

Ashhong said:
Can you provide one good reason with proof of why we shouldn't?
There's not really a way to prove that she is pulling these out of her head or something until all of the things mentioned fail to come true. One thing that bothers me is that all the new infos are pretty much educated quesses rather than 100% certain inside scoops. Anyone could just start a blog saying

1) Crysis 2 will include incredible physics and palm trees
2) GTAIV wasn't ready back in November so they decided to postpone it
3) EA is going to release new NHL/FIFA/MADDEN games in 2009 and so on..

She does have surprisingly high amount of right, spot on things there too plus there's no way to know her (or his) true identity.

Nocebo

00103-was.jpg

Borys

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:
There's not really a way to prove that she is pulling these out of her head or something until all of the things mentioned fail to come true. One thing that bothers me is that all the new infos are pretty much educated quesses rather than 100% certain inside scoops. Anyone could just start a blog saying

1) Crysis 2 will include incredible physics and palm trees
2) GTAIV wasn't ready back in November so they decided to postpone it
3) EA is going to release new NHL/FIFA/MADDEN games in 2009 and so on..

She does have surprisingly high amount of right, spot on things there too plus there's no way to know her (or his) true identity.

Add to those things like these:

4) UbiSoft have had some serious problem developing the next Prince of Perisa title. They ironed them out, though.
5) We will see a PS360 game this year from EA that has letters "A" and "O" in the title.
6) More Wii party games from some of the biggest western developers this year.

etc.

And you have pretty much a blog that anyone could write.

Borys said:
Add to those things like these:

4) UbiSoft have had some serious problem developing the next Prince of Perisa title. They ironed them out, though.
5) We will see a PS360 game this year from EA that has letters "A" and "O" in the title.
6) More Wii party games from some of the biggest western developers this year.

etc.

And you have pretty much a blog that anyone could post.
Take it or leave it, you're not going to change anyone's mind in here. The internet loves speculation.
I think there is obviously some filler added. Based on educated guesses because SG is clearly privy to more information on some projects than others. If you can't see through that then you're blind.

Sloane

Banned
Borys said:
So everyone knows stuff like:

"1) Those who purchase Halo Wars will be treated to an exclusive sneak peak of Peter Jackson's Halo: Chronicles ala Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

2) That previously-mentioned virtual recreation of an existent earthquake from Eidos is called Downfall: San Francisco and takes place following the San Francisco Earthquake in 1906."

etc.?

Yeah, she adds some filler. Some stuff sounds stupid, a couple of things might even be wrong. I agree. But she is also right a lot and most of the time that aren't "educated guesses" or "speculation".

If anyone could write a blog like that, then why doesn't anyone do it?

Zenith

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Yeah right, fuck this. He mods his comments to prevent people from posting counter points anonymously on his blog. Whatever, believe what you want. At least I know first-hand he's full of shit.

I'm guessing those "comments" you posted weren't much better than what you were posting now. you got any proof aside from "trust me, I'm an inzider. fuck him that fucking tranny, I'm right!"

Sloane said:
If anyone could write a blog like that, then why doesn't anyone do it?

People have this delusional idea, that they could write a blog like this, but noone does it because they'd either have posts with zero actually new information, or they'd get shot down when they tried to guess shit.

Ikael

Things like her affirming that Duke Nukem was to be unveiled and released on 2008 was pretty ballsy and was hailed as a nutty prediction.

Ikael said:
Things like her affirming that Duke Nukem was to be unveiled and released on 2008 was pretty ballsy and was hailed as a nutty prediction.
Well if Mother Wii/DS in North America isn't announced or reaffirmed by April Surfer Girl is getting banned anyway so we don't even have to wait that long.

Mamesj

Banned
Ashhong said:
Can you provide one good reason with proof of why we shouldn't?

Homer: Well, there's not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol is sure doing its job.

Lisa: That's specious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, sweetie.

Lisa: Dad, what if I were to tell you that this rock keeps away tigers.

Homer: Uh-huh, and how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work. It's just a stupid rock.

Homer: I see.

Lisa: But you don't see any tigers around, do you?

Homer: Lisa, I'd like to buy your rock.

Rayne.S

Banned
Again, just to drop it here for future ref.

There is NO other project besides Killzone 2 going on at Guerilla. No PSP projects, no PS3 projects, nothing at all.

Mamesj said:
Homer: Well, there's not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol is sure doing its job.

Lisa: That's specious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, sweetie.

Lisa: Dad, what if I were to tell you that this rock keeps away tigers.

Homer: Uh-huh, and how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work. It's just a stupid rock.

Homer: I see.

Lisa: But you don't see any tigers around, do you?

Homer: Lisa, I'd like to buy your rock.

6t2qujp.jpg

surfergirl should swear about the truth of her informations.

Guy, girl, tranny...who cares?

There's enough accurate speculation involved that there's got to be some genuine fire attached to all that smoke.

I'd like to know just how dialed in this guy is? What does he do for a living that has allowed him to have the contacts that he does? Have "insiders" been just dying to have someone to send news bites to and "Surfer-Girl" is satisfying a much-desired outlet?

Or is this guy simply the prgonosticator of prognosticators when it comes to gaming?

Interesting stuff. Even more interesting will be the hullabaloo around "Surfer Girl" when the truth comes out about who he/she is and how he/she has the connections that he/she does.

Sean

Banned
new rumors...

1) Amongst the forthcoming casual releases from Ubisoft is a "dating simulation" called First Kiss, a "town management simulation" going by the title of Mayor and a "medical simulation" called Emergency Unit. Oh, one cannot neglect future masterpieces like Monkeyz and Dinoz. And there is something about yachts as well (hopefully, a yacht racing title, I have always wanted to race yachts).

2) Sega is publishing an action-RPG called The Dark Brotherhood from a Western developer.

3) Codemasters is publishing a Hollywood simulation akin to the The Movies.

4) BioWare's Sonic Chronicles is easily the most inspired game in the Sonic franchise in years and is the best since Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast.

5) Majesco has a musical title called Major Minor's Majestic March that more Mad Maestro than Guitar Hero.

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/01/january-eight-things.html

Wollan

Jesus, I get a heart attack each time this is bumped. 'Resistance 2' is almost unconciencly picked up with body reaction to follow.

Basch

Wollan said:
Jesus, I get a heart attack each time this is bumped. 'Resistance 2' is almost unconciencly picked up with body reaction to follow.

Same here. Though don't know what your getting at about body reaction. :lol Someone needs to change the title. Its misleading... and mean.

Draft

A Bioware RPG unfettered by the burden of voice acting could be something really special.

Also furries.

Dante

Wollan said:

Yeah I check it occasionally just in case :)

Basch

Not a Jellyfish said:
I love how people post comments asking her questions. such as the is guitar hero 3 having dlc on wii. good stuff. :lol

Not only does Surfer Girl know more than just inside tips, she knows games better than their developers'. :D She can read minds and predict the future. Hell, she can even predict time.

bluemax

Banned
Nintendo Power is supposed to be dropping the goods on the Sonic RPG so maybe we will find out if she's right on something.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Sean said:
4) BioWare's Sonic Chronicles is easily the most inspired game in the Sonic franchise in years and is the best since Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast.
WOW

THIS VIDEO GAME FROM ELECTRONIC ARTS SOUNDS FANTASTIC

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP SURFER GIRL I WILL TELL ALL MY FRIENDS

People get way too worried about debunking her. But it's good fun to read these points of rumor and speculation. Stop getting all worked up and serious.

Zenith

Banned
kenta said:
WOW

THIS VIDEO GAME FROM ELECTRONIC ARTS SOUNDS FANTASTIC

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP SURFER GIRL I WILL TELL ALL MY FRIENDS

you're right, she's just a viral marketeer. let's ban her!

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
When is the Insomniac podcast? I thought they were going to drop some news/hints on their next podcast, which I thought was the 8th or 10th...

Basch

I don't know what to think. She spouts out the most random stuff, yet some of it turns out to be true. Puzzeling indeed. I take it with a grain of salt. But for you guys, here is some new info in the comments section.

Anonymous said:
surfer girl, i have a few questions...

1)do you have any idea of what is going on with sony's new game infamous, i haven't seen any trailers or images since e3...

1) I heard that The Sims 2 Free Time is goin to be the last expansion for "2", do you know when we will hear news on 3, or when it will be released?

3) and lastly, when we will be seeing more information or screenshots for MotorStorm and Resistance 2? and do you know when they are they expected to release?

Surfer Girl said:
1) It's being developed.
1) Possible, this year, early next year. Some information about The Sims 3 can be found here.
3) Next few months. August/September and October/November, respectively.

---------------------------------

Anonymous said:
-Who are you over at NeoGAF?

Surfer Girl said:
-I do not remember. I registered there a long time ago, I only posted once or twice and was turned off by the testosterone, fanboyism, and defying of logic. Entertaining and often interesting read though.

Anonymous said:
Any chance of a new Golden Sun in the future? I heard something about a DS game....but I dunno.

Surfer Girl said:
Definitely.

Anonymous (Same as Above) said:
Sorry, I should have asked this is the first post....Can you confirm if it will be on the DS, or Wii?

Surfer Girl said:
Yes, it will be on one of those.

vanny vicious said:
Great blog Surfer Girl. I do of course have some questions. Sure Killzone 2 looks pretty, but do you know if the gameplay and story are any good? Also, Is it still on track for a spring launch? Thx in advance!

Surfer Girl said:
vanny vicious: No, no.

Anonymous said:
Surfer Girl:

If you don't mind, how about answering some Sonic related questions:

1)Is Sonic Chronicles a retelling of previous Sonic games? If so, which one(s)?

2) I believe you mentioned that the new Sonic game for Wii was the "epitome of inspiration." What makes it so, and what more can you say about it?

3) Is Sonic the only playable character from that series in SSBB? What about Tails?

Thanks so much!

Surfer Girl said:
No. That was sarcasm. Probably.

So yeah. I don't know. She certainly claims a lot. :lol

WrikaWrek

Banned
She claims a lot?

She claimed almost nothing in there, all plausible hunches, and when the questions were more direct she didn't know (Killzone 2 good gameplay/story, golden sun on wii or ds).

If that shows anything, is that the only thing she is doing is recycling news and using common sense.

I don't doubt she knows inside info here and there, but by and large she just uses common sense.

ethelred

WrikaWrek said:
She claims a lot?

She claimed almost nothing in there, all plausible hunches, and when the questions were more direct she didn't know (Killzone 2 good gameplay/story, golden sun on wii or ds).

If that shows anything, is that the only thing she is doing is recycling news and using common sense.

I don't doubt she knows inside info here and there, but by and large she just uses common sense.

Well hey, that still gives her a leg up over GAF and most of the media.

Basch

WrikaWrek said:
She claims a lot?

I agree with mostly everything you say, but saying a Golden Sun sequel will be coming out for the Wii or DS is certainly a bold claim.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Basch said:
I agree with mostly everything you say, but saying a Golden Sun sequel will be coming out for the Wii or DS is certainly a bold claim.

Bold claim? She didn't say when. If it ends up not happening, by then you will have forgotten this, if it happens, she adds another tomato to the wall.

We already saw 2 golden suns, DS dev is cheap, it's totally possible.

ethelred said:
Well hey, that still gives her a leg up over GAF and most of the media.

Well...Gaf predictions are made based on wishes and hopes and not common sense.

Basch

WrikaWrek said:
Bold claim? She didn't say when. If it ends up not happening, by then you will have forgotten this, if it happens, she adds another tomato to the wall.

Oh, people will remember. If not, what a shame. :lol

WrikaWrek said:
We already saw 2 golden suns, DS dev is cheap, it's totally possible.

That was a long time ago. Hey, did Camelot go back to Shining Force?

Top Bottom