• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

Basch

I promised.

From Resistance Thread

My God! Check the last post in this thread.

What are we suppossed to do now? Someone tell us whats in it. There is no way what he says is true.

For the lazy:
giantsquirrel said:
Or go read Gameimformer's Feb. Issue...
I'll give you a hint, just "pretend" it might possibly have 60 player mp, 8 player co-op, 2 campaigns...but that's just pretending

Ashhong

Yoshi said:
Hmm, she didn't play many Sonic games, did she? Sonic Adventure 2 beats the crap out of the first one and Sonic Rush / Sonic Rush Adventure also came out since then...

Sonic Rush isn't exactly "inspired". SA1 is far better if only for the change in game play.

ethelred

Calling for a new Golden Sun game on DS or Wii isn't exactly a bold prediction as some were labeling it. If a new Golden Sun game is made, those are the only two options, as it's a Nintendo property. So the only real prediction there is that there's a new GS game coming, and that rumor's been floated by a variety of sources (including IGN).

As for Sonic... well, so far as I care, there hasn't been a good Sonic game since the Genesis. I'm looking forward to seeing if Chronicles can change all that.

Busty

Banned
Surfer Girl Blog said:
Troubles in the Birthday Party talks on Smurfland emerged long before this most recent public manifestation of Smurf village's willingness to give up anything of consequence concerning its mushroom house. Sony's Sept. 6 raid against a likely Astrosnik-Smurf mushroom project was a fire bell in the night that the regime was up to its old tricks -- at least for anyone willing to listen. The administration's continuing refusal to allow Sony to make public the true nature of this facility will only come back to haunt it, not only on Smurfland, but also on its Middle East policy. If no Smurfs were involved, why not shout it out? If the facility was not mushroom, why not do the same? The significance of the Sept. 6 hug has not faded in Congress, nor will the demands for more public disclosure.

I don't know who this Surfer Girl is, but seriously, this chick has far too much free time on her hands.

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/01/guest-blogger-smurflands-true-colors.html

ZeroTolerance

Basch said:
I promised.

From Resistance Thread

What are we supposed to do now? Someone tell us whats in it. There is no way what he says is true.

For the lazy:

Originally Posted by giantsquirrel:
I'll give you a hint, just "pretend" it might possibly have 60 player mp, 8 player co-op, 2 campaigns...but that's just pretending

Bet. How long will it take before some fake news site take this rumor and publish it ?

About 6 more hours to go. Any more guess ?

numble

Resistance 2 megaton thread said:
EDIT 3: Narrative stays with Hale the whole time... not Rachel. Hale shot down in Iceland, escapes to US and becomes part of program called Sentinels...

I don't know why Surfer Girl has gone back and redacted all her Resistance 2 info (Sony ninjas?), but Google still caches her old Resistance 2 info, some of which has proven to be correct:

http://www.google.com/search?q=iceland+site:softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com
5) That Resistance: Fall of Man 2 starts in Iceland and ends in Mexico.

http://www.google.com/search?q=resistance+site:softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com

...will reveal other past posts regarding Resistance 2 that she has now since gone and deleted.

SRG01

numble said:
I don't know why Surfer Girl has gone back and redacted all her Resistance 2 info (Sony ninjas?), but Google still caches her old Resistance 2 info, some of which has proven to be correct:

http://www.google.com/search?q=iceland+site:softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com

http://www.google.com/search?q=resistance+site:softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com

...will reveal other past posts regarding Resistance 2 that she has now since gone and deleted.

Most likely she posted info that she thought was going to be published, but was not, and hence the deletion.

A lesson in Sensationalism from Surfer Girl.

Sega is publishing an action-RPG called The Dark Brotherhood from a Western developer. BioWare's Sonic Chronicles is easily the most inspired game in the Sonic franchise in years and is the best since Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast. (so a 4.0 and up)
AWESOME!
Resistance II will begin in Iceland.
COOL!
Discs of Tron and Tron will see finally release next year on XBLA.
YEAH!
Kane & Lynch 2 is still happening. (bye bye Freedom Fighters sequel)
WOAH!
Heavy Iron is working on WALL•E for PSWii60, DSP and PS2.
WOW!
Plans for a PS3-exclusive Far Cry title has been trashed in favor of Far Cry 2 for next-gen consoles.
MAGNIFICENT!
NBA Ballers 3 (not the final title) will be slam dunking on the PS3 and Xbox 360 in April.
POW!
After great success Athens 2004, Eurocom is developing sequel 2008 Beijing Olympics for Sega.
PARTY TIME!

Wollan

Basch said:
I promised.

From Resistance Thread

What are we suppossed to do now? Someone tell us whats in it. There is no way what he says is true.

For the lazy:

giantsquirrel said:
Wollan said:
Don't put your heart into that. Far too insane and you will end up heart broken.

Lol. So innocent. *sniff*

Ikael

Wait, after the last Resistance 2 news, where many of the surfer girl predictions came true, now people are (yeat again) hating her? the heck?

Visualante said:

Sega is publishing an action-RPG called The Dark Brotherhood from a Western developer. BioWare's Sonic Chronicles is easily the most inspired game in the Sonic franchise in years and is the best since Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast. (so a 4.0 and up)
AWESOME!
COOL!
YEAH!
WOAH!
WOW!
Plans for a PS3-exclusive Far Cry title has been trashed in favor of Far Cry 2 for next-gen consoles.
MAGNIFICENT!
NBA Ballers 3 (not the final title) will be slam dunking on the PS3 and Xbox 360 in April.
POW!
After great success Athens 2004, Eurocom is developing sequel 2008 Beijing Olympics for Sega.
PARTY TIME!

Do people still think these are just lucky guesses?

ksamedi

I do think that some of her Nintendo info is bogus though. Nintendo is known for there secrecy, I don't see how she can get that kind of info. Like the Animal Crossng will be a MMO in Japan and have minimal online in Europe and America news. That one sounds bogus.

Borys

Banned
Thanks Tieno and Spider_Jerusalem.

I knew about FC2 for 360/ PS3 but didn't know they are still called "next-gen" consoles.

f@luS

More than a member.
Borys said:
Thanks Tieno and Spider_Jerusalem.

I knew about FC2 for 360/ PS3 but didn't know they are still called "next-gen" consoles.
Well as long as the PS2 lives (and maybe coz of the wii too), i see the next gen tag stick til the real next gen. We cant call ps2 old gen !

Ploid 3.0

People feel the need to pair wii with ps2 era and don't dare call it last gen. Guess it's hard to consider it equal with the almighty HDMI consoles.

jk I also don't know why people still say next gen.Especially game producers and such.

acm2000

people who still say next gen are tits, "next gen" has been around 2 years now, 360, ps3 are current gen, maybe the wii if youre feeling generous, then gc, ps2, xbox, & dreamcast are last gen

Ploid 3.0

What, SG said something about Twisted metal PS3?!!! J ust noticed it in the new locked thread.
< Happy now. If SG said it, it has to happen. It would have been stupid for ps3 to go without a twisted metal anyway. Warhawk/Calling All Cars engine is already there. Even if it's done by another studio I'd have to take it. Having a chance to see a ps3 vision of TM (less restrictions, and built around online) is better than not having it at all. Yes, I know there is head on heading to PS"2".

Ploid 3.0 said:
What, SG said something about Twisted metal PS3?!!! J ust noticed it in the new locked thread.
< Happy now. If SG said it, it has to happen. It would have been stupid for ps3 to go without a twisted metal anyway. Warhawk/Calling All Cars engine is already there. Even if it's done by another studio I'd have to take it. Having a chance to see a ps3 vision of TM (less restrictions, and built around online) is better than not having it at all. Yes, I know there is head on heading to PS"2".

All she said is this.

1) The Jet Moto series is alive in the same way a rock is. Twisted Metal has a future on that new console that ends with a 3.

Zenith

Banned
Visualante said:

AWESOME!
COOL!
YEAH!
WOAH!
WOW!
MAGNIFICENT!
POW!
PARTY TIME!

and there are still a ton of other rumours she posted that turned out to be true that aren't mentioned there.

http://sttnw.blogspot.com/

her other blog^, covering unreleased games. I had no idea The Thing 2 or Freelancer 2 once existed. screens of them as well.

Nolan.

Zenith said:
and there are still a ton of other rumours she posted that turned out to be true that aren't mentioned there.

her other blog^, covering unreleased games. I had no idea The Thing 2 or Freelancer 2 once existed. screens of them as well.

Yeah, some of the games in there seem like they could have been interesting. Also once a game has been cancelled is there any way it can somehow live again anyone.? I really like about three of them on there.

SolidSnakex said:
Do people still think these are just lucky guesses?

You mean the post you just quoted where she describes Dark Brotherhood and Sonic Chronicles as two different games (and incorrectly identifies Dark Brotherhood's genre?)

I don't think anyone's doubting that Surfer Girl has some access to some information, but the really specific, falsifiable rumors on one or two things (by which I basically mean Resistance 2) are quite different from the unprovable (and sometimes reported incorrect) rumors on the internal workings of other companies, or the see-what-sticks rumors like "a game from a major FPS franchise is heading to Xbox."

I like the commentary - though it is likely to be a man, and Surfer Girl being the brand name, like it sounds. Unsure to how this person is getting so much information, so accurately and quickly, outpacing analysts even.

Maybe to the game developers he or she is only known as the legendary "NDA Breaker" who they have never found.

charlequin said:
You mean the post you just quoted where she describes Dark Brotherhood and Sonic Chronicles as two different games (and incorrectly identifies Dark Brotherhood's genre?)

I wouldn't say that. "Action-RPG" is a pretty nebulous term.

charlequin said:

How did she describe them as two different games?

botticus

The Orange said:
How did she describe them as two different games?
UPDATE: It turns out that the game is Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, a title that accurately reflects what I said in number four.
She was unaware that they were the same game until the game was revealed.

Fady K

(S)he said in a comment that SQUARE-ENIX IS THE JAPANESE COMPANY THATS REMAKING TITLES FOR THE PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jet1911

Zenith said:

At the time of Digital Anvil's closing, the company was working on two Xbox 360 titles, one of which was dubbed with the codename Project Lonestar (the other, Project Enwor, I'll go into at length at a later date) but also known by the name of Freelancer 2. I have not played much of the original, so forgive me that I cannot compare the sequel to the original. The player would have again been in the shoes of Edison Trent as he attempted to find out the truth about the mystery of the space station disaster that Trent survived whilst alluding some shadowy groups. Anyways, this game (along with the other game that Digital Anvil was working on) had they seen release, in my opinion, would have been the best first-party Xbox 360 titles thus far and this one reminded me of Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, which was one of my favorite Xbox games. A shame this one will not see the light of day.

You know what MS? Fuck you! :'(

SRG01

Fady K said:
(S)he said in a comment that SQUARE-ENIX IS THE JAPANESE COMPANY THATS REMAKING TITLES FOR THE PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parasite Eve!! PLEASE!

LaneDS

Glanced at her list of titles that never were for the first time and I sincerely hope she's wrong on SSX5. That'd be such a bummer if they didn't do a worthy follow-up. The Burnout Paradise demo teased me so. /sadface

ksamedi

Fady K said:

That would be awesome. I missed out on a lot of PS1 RPGs.

Madman

kenta said:
Jet Moto Solar

Everyone needs to shed a tear for this shiznit right this second, but it makes me wonder why it was cancelled if it was so ambitious and good
I would bet it had to do with JM 3's poor sales and the fact that Wipeout is pretty similar.

Belgorim

acm2000 said:
people who still say next gen are tits, "next gen" has been around 2 years now, 360, ps3 are current gen, maybe the wii if youre feeling generous, then gc, ps2, xbox, & dreamcast are last gen
As long as ps2 and wii is around people will stick with next gen. So in a few years it will be ps2, wii, next gen consoles and next-next gen consoles. Its all good :)

Yoboman

Interesting tid-bit from her comments section. Apparently the Japanese developer remaking games for PSN (mentioned in EGM) is Square Enix

EDIT: OH I AM LATE

Top Bottom