• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

WrikaWrek

Banned
Basch said:
Oh, people will remember. If not, what a shame. :lol

So by 2009 that games has still yet to be announced, what happens? By then she will have hit more predictions on the wall, and she can always say "They scrapped development on that and moved on to this"

Easy.

Basch

WrikaWrek said:
So by 2009 that games has still yet to be announced, what happens? By then she will have hit more predictions on the wall, and she can always say "They scrapped development on that and moved on to this"

Easy.

But she's talking about Camelot. Not such a smart thing to do. Especially after Shining Force III.

Basch

If what she says is true about Resistance 2, that is going to bite. I can't wait months to see awesome screenies. :D

Endless

shhhhh.skull.png

Basch said:
Indeed. Mods need to act now to end these senseless letdowns.
Trust me when I saw that thread title a couple days ago for the first time my heart nearly skipped a beat.

I can't wait till the game is unveiled :D

Mamesj

Banned
Seems like there's enough info to start guessing who surfer girl is, or at least narrow it down a lot. "She" may be a couple people, since her rumors are from everywhere around the world. On the other hand, this could also suggest that she's mostly full of shit, but has a connection somewhere. If someone were bored enough to go back and see what "she" got right and wrong, that would help.

"She" seems to be partially for viral purposes too. As everyone has noticed, "she's" all about EA and always seems to be ragging on Ubisoft.

It seems like it would be worth our time to try and figure it out. 'cause that would be fucking amazing if "she" was just viral...or something like that. It just doesn't seem plausible that this person would stick their neck out this much, just to feed gaf (we are probably her biggest fans, yet she has openly dissed us at least twice that I know of) and a couple hardcore gamers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but leaking early pics and giving insider info before the company wants it publicly released is pretty serious business.

Basch

AltogetherAndrews said:
As a momentarily wise dude once said, "I can never criticize a man for criticizing ubisoft".

Hey, knock that crap off. Not funny. You don't like Ubisoft. Okay. Don't go around using every opportunity you get to bash 'em. Is a bit frustrating. Plus, you just bumped this thread when it still has the same title. :(

NO! No no no no no no no no no no no! Get the point. I'm kind of grouchy after the EGM/1UP thing. It will run its course. Sorry.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
AltogetherAndrews said:
As a momentarily wise dude once said, "I can never criticize a man for criticizing ubisoft".
Wait, but don't you like Haze?

Basch said:
Hey, know that crap off. Not funny. You don't like Ubisoft. Okay. Don't go around using every opportunity you get to bash 'em. Is a bit frustrating. Plus, you just bumped this thread when it still has the same title. :(

NO! No no no no no no no no no no no! Get the point. I'm kind of grouchy after the EGM/1UP thing. It will run its course. Sorry.

You're "kind of grouchy after the EGM/1UP thing", and you're criticizing me for supporting a dude who is criticizing Ubisoft? That doesn't even begin to make sense.

Odysseus

Banned
godhandiscen said:

andrews is a mystery wrapped within an enigma. doesn't like ubisoft, doesn't like free radical, yet somehow managed to convince himself once upon a time that haze might be worth anticipating.

he keeps you guessing.

godhandiscen said:

At this point? Not really. Not that it'd matter; I've made my opinions of Ubisoft's handling of the exclusivity matter there very clear. Though apparently not clear enough for the less than brilliant AltogetherAndrews-spotting club.

Wollan said:
He's referring to there being an immediate Resistance 2 unveiling waiting. Each time this is bumped we react.

Don't you think maybe that would get its own thread?

Basch

Odysseus said:
andrews is a mystery wrapped within an enigma. doesn't like ubisoft, doesn't like free radical, yet somehow managed to convince himself once upon a time that haze might be worth anticipating.

he keeps you guessing.

I still don't know what he is trying to say to me. :lol Maybe its because I'm tired too. And I will do anything to procrastinate from boring homework. I should be getting that stuff done now, by the way. :D

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
AltogetherAndrews said:
At this point? Not really. Not that it'd matter; I've made my opinions of Ubisoft's handling of the exclusivity matter there very clear. Though apparently not clear enough for the less than brilliant AltogetherAndrews-spotting club.

I don't know why you turned to anti-ubisoft all of a sudden, but anyways... I have bought games from EA when they are really good so I wouldn't go on a crusade against any company because they might land a hit title that interests me.

OmonRa

AltogetherAndrews said:

Have you ever considered seeking professional assistance for your CRAZY?

Basch

AltogetherAndrews said:

Well, if I caught the news first. I would probably reveal it here first. Just for Wollan; after going through all the pain and suffering we have endured. Then I would create a thread. :D

Bildi

Mamesj said:
Seems like there's enough info to start guessing who surfer girl is, or at least narrow it down a lot. "She" may be a couple people, since her rumors are from everywhere around the world. On the other hand, this could also suggest that she's mostly full of shit, but has a connection somewhere. If someone were bored enough to go back and see what "she" got right and wrong, that would help.

"She" seems to be partially for viral purposes too. As everyone has noticed, "she's" all about EA and always seems to be ragging on Ubisoft.

It seems like it would be worth our time to try and figure it out. 'cause that would be fucking amazing if "she" was just viral...or something like that. It just doesn't seem plausible that this person would stick their neck out this much, just to feed gaf (we are probably her biggest fans, yet she has openly dissed us at least twice that I know of) and a couple hardcore gamers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but leaking early pics and giving insider info before the company wants it publicly released is pretty serious business.
I notice you put "she" in inverted commas. From this I conclude that "she's" a tranny.

Basch said:
Well, if I caught the news first. I would probably reveal it here first. Just for Wollan; after going through all the pain and suffering we have endured. Then I would create a thread. :D

Or hey, just create a new thread.

AltogetherAndrews said:
it'd be a shame if he/she/it was right about Far Cry 2, but it wouldn't exactly surprise me.

So much of what she says about UBI sounds on point. Especially her description of the problems thatw ent on during AC's development.

SolidSnakex said:
So much of what she says about UBI sounds on point. Especially her description of the problems thatw ent on during AC's development.

As said, it wouldn't surprise me. Far Cry 2 in particular... there is a lot of potentially groundbreaking stuff there (much of which was only partially implemented in the demonstrations we've seen), and therefore more things than usual that could go wrong. Kind of makes you wonder if maybe some of that stuff has been removed altogether, with the bar set based on the capabilities of the console platforms. Edge didn't seem entirely convinced, maybe they knew something was off.

On Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter IV:
September/October 2008 and July/August 2008, respectively. The lead female character is Sherry Birkin, who is in her early twenties, and Wesker is/will likely show up.

On EA LA's Spielberg project (LMNO):
It is sort of like sci-fi Ico (crossed with Beyond Good & Evil), it is amazing.

--

Another good EA game? Oh yeah, news to me but Vigilante 8 is coming to XBLA which is a sick game for multi.

Visualante said:
On Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter IV:
September/October 2008 and July/August 2008, respectively. The lead female character is Sherry Birkin, who is in her early twenties, and Wesker is/will likely show up.

This is common knowledge. We know that Sherry Birken was going to be in the game from the trailers. We know that Albert Wesker is going to be in the game because he is the main antagonist. Anyone can "predict" a date. I think this person is full of shit.

jmd494

Absinthe said:
This is common knowledge. We know that Sherry Birken was going to be in the game from the trailers. We know that Albert Wesker is going to be in the game because he is the main antagonist. Anyone can "predict" a date. I think this person is full of shit.
What about the quote directly under it?

The one saying Speilberg's game is like ICO. If that turns out to be true...is she full of shit then?

Dascu

Justin Dailey said:
What about the quote directly under it?

The one saying Speilberg's game is like ICO. If that turns out to be true...is she full of shit then?
The Spielberg game info is old.
"You don't play as the girl, however. You're an ex-secret agent, and the bond that you forge while on the run with the computer-controlled woman--good, bad, indifferent--determines the nature of her special abilities and the ways in which she'll assist you."

http://k0t@ku.com/gaming/e307/spielbergs-games-revealed-275995.php

Dascu

Visualante said:
It wasn't part of the post, it was in comments.
I read the comments. She says it's a scifi ICO mixed with Beyond Good&Evil. I think that info is pretty easy to deduct from the original information.

sol_bad

I haven't read this thread but I saw the image of Resistence 2. Is GAF once again having a cry and over reacting about a game thats in the earliest stages of development?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
4) BioWare's Sonic Chronicles is easily the most inspired game in the Sonic franchise in years and is the best since Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast.
Hmm, she didn't play many Sonic games, did she? Sonic Adventure 2 beats the crap out of the first one and Sonic Rush / Sonic Rush Adventure also came out since then...

Mamesj

Banned
Bildi said:
I notice you put "she" in inverted commas. From this I conclude that "she's" a tranny.

NOICE!!!!! I mean, *adjusts tie* alright then, that solves that.

Absinthe said:

damn, I was hoping it was Lisa Trevor. Not that that would make any sense. but it would be totally awesome.

Top Bottom