• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

Kyoufu

Yoboman said:
Interesting tid-bit from her comments section. Apparently the Japanese developer remaking games for PSN (mentioned in EGM) is Square Enix

EDIT: OH I AM LATE

I don't believe it, but it was a thought. It doesn't go with Square Enix's business model of remaking their old games for DS and making a mighty buck.

Fady K said:
(S)he said in a comment that SQUARE-ENIX IS THE JAPANESE COMPANY THATS REMAKING TITLES FOR THE PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since Vagrant Story will never get the sequel it so rightfully deserves, i'll take a hi-res remake.

kassatsu

Banned
Fady K said:
(S)he said in a comment that SQUARE-ENIX IS THE JAPANESE COMPANY THATS REMAKING TITLES FOR THE PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will buy Chrono Cross 5 times if the soundtrack is remastered in 5.1

Fady K said:
That would be too awesome.:D In some ways it would not surprise me, but I'll wait for the confirmation if/when something happens.

Kittonwy

Banned
Greatness Gone said:
Since Vagrant Story will never get the sequel it so rightfully deserves, i'll take a hi-res remake.

You have already played it, you know how the story goes, you know how to beat the bosses, you know where that damn excalibur two-handed sword gets dropped, you know exactly when to cast heracles and every other spell, why do you want to play the same thing over again in HD?

Just curious.
Indifferent2.gif

Yoboman

I wonder if they'll actually be remakes. Most likely just ports, I kinda find it hard to believe they'll be doing MORE remakes on top of the remakes they're already developing for DS

Loudninja

Yoboman said:
I wonder if they'll actually be remakes. Most likely just ports, I kinda find it hard to believe they'll be doing MORE remakes on top of the remakes they're already developing for DS

They sold pretty well did they not?

Fady K said:

Make these your first 2 projects Square.

80m86le.jpg

6jvbgab.jpg

ram

to hell with squenix - who thinks, they are remaking their old 3-4 disc ps1 games for psn? :lol with taito, it would be intresting (and not only limited to ps1) - exit, chase hq, darius, bubble bobble, battlegear, psychic force & lufia - YES

SRG01

ram said:
to hell with squenix - who thinks, they are remaking their old 3-4 disc ps1 games for psn? :lol with taito, it would be intresting (and not only limited to ps1) - exit, chase hq, darius, bubble bobble, battlegear, psychic force & lufia - YES

Meh, I wouldn't mind a slightly remastered FF7. :D

Kittonwy said:
You have already played it, you know how the story goes, you know how to beat the bosses, you know where that damn excalibur two-handed sword gets dropped, you know exactly when to cast heracles and every other spell, why do you want to play the same thing over again in HD?

Just curious.
Indifferent2.gif

Probably the same reason FFVII fans want a remake..... it would be fucking amazing.

fernoca

Square-Enix..
I'd love Vagrant Story...Chrono Cross...Parasite Eve I (and II)..Einhander..

Yet, I know they'll probably make..
Final Fantasy I, II, II, IV, V, VI....and probably Brave Fencer Musashi...

Ikael

I am a huge ffVII fan and I think that a downloadable remake would be a hell of a letdown. I want a full blown retailer game with more than cosmetic changes.

fernoca said:
Square-Enix..
I'd love Vagrant Story...Chrono Cross...Parasite Eve I (and II)..Einhander..

Yet, I know they'll probably make..
Final Fantasy I, II, II, IV, V, VI....and probably Brave Fencer Musashi...

I think the FF's will be the ones you don't see beacuse they're still able to make so much money at releasing them at full price on portables.

jiggle

what did the original EGM rumor say?
Yeah, i doubt they'd be remaking the bigger games for it. All those abandoned franchises are good candidates though. Xenogears probably the top of my list.

jiggle said:
what did the original EGM rumor say?
Yeah, i doubt they'd be remaking the bigger games for it. All those abandoned franchises are good candidates though. Xenogears probably the top of my list.

That Sony is teaming up with a major 3rd party to remake old games on the PSN.

RiverBed

Banned
Doc Evils said:
think of a higher number.
it never happened...
Kittonwy said:

Just curious.
Indifferent2.gif
I agree. unless a re-make is a true 'remake', I consider it just a late direct port- even with slight retouches. now if FF1 could be really remade to be presented as say Crises Core, I would gladly hop on.
that is why I am not interested for SE to re-regurgitate over me again. I'll pass, thank you very much.

RiverBed

Banned
why not just play it now for dirt cheap or free if you already own it rather than paying full price? they aren't going to re-produce it.

RiverBed

Banned
thing is, with digital distribution, it should be easier to experiment, re-release, keep offers longer, etc. than in conventional brick and marter situations. PSN is perfect for this.

still, I hate S-E's method of infinite prehistoric porting with virtually no change. heck, I hate everything S-E aside from FF.
I also don't think they are the publisher Sony is working with. maybe Namco, Capcom or another with a little more diversity.

Dhx

At the time of Digital Anvil's closing, the company was working on two Xbox 360 titles, one of which was dubbed with the codename Project Lonestar (the other, Project Enwor, I'll go into at length at a later date) but also known by the name of Freelancer 2. I have not played much of the original, so forgive me that I cannot compare the sequel to the original. The player would have again been in the shoes of Edison Trent as he attempted to find out the truth about the mystery of the space station disaster that Trent survived whilst alluding some shadowy groups. Anyways, this game (along with the other game that Digital Anvil was working on) had they seen release, in my opinion, would have been the best first-party Xbox 360 titles thus far and this one reminded me of Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, which was one of my favorite Xbox games. A shame this one will not see the light of day.

jet1911 said:
You know what MS? Fuck you! :'(

I really wish I could forget about the fate of Wing Commander post-Origin implosion. Even though Freelancer was a step down from flight-stick play to mouse control, it really was all we had left after Starlancer.

DAMNIT.

dili

The correct answer:
Xenogears_box.jpg

Update the game visually,but don't even dare attempting to alter Takahashi's masterpiece in any other form, you got that Square-enix?!?!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
dillenger said:
The correct answer:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Xenogears_box.jpg[img]

Update the game visually,but don't even dare attempting to alter Takahashi's masterpiece in any other form, you got that Square-enix?!?![/QUOTE]
i agree with this. psn needs more rpgs.

SRG01

Firestorm said:
I don't get it. So is this a person who's almost always spot on with her rumours or something?

Pretty much. On the other hand, some people were saying that she only commented on rumors that were already reported so...

Personally, I believe her.

dili

Bad_Boy said:
i agree with this. psn needs more rpgs.
Wild ARMs was a good start. i'd love to see Square hop on board and release their classics as well,and if they're remade with better graphics like surfer girl says,even better.

Atlus too. Maybe now Innocent Sin and Soul Hackers can finally see a NA release. Or maybe not.

dillenger said:
The correct answer:
Xenogears_box.jpg

Update the game visually,but don't even dare attempting to alter Takahashi's masterpiece in any other form, you got that Square-enix?!?!
how about fixing everything on the second disc?

Firestorm said:
I don't get it. So is this a person who's almost always spot on with her rumours or something?
Pretty much. After skimming "his" blog there's definitely info that I know is/was true that wasn't rumored before, afaik.

BTW, this person is most likely a guy who is a game journalist of some sort. His info is way too broad to be considered any other kind of insider.

KTallguy

Banned
dark steve said:
how about the entire fumbling, juvenile, broken and diseased excuse for a game?

(note: this poster is a Xenogears fan)

I vote for an awesome retranslation in the vein of FFTactics (not old English, but something similar), and a complete revamp of the second disc, including events that you couldn't access before.

I would totally buy Xenogears again and again (Xenosaga = trash).

Top Bottom