• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

AnIco

Snah said:
f.ishie claims to know who surfer girl comprises of...take this however you want.
It's just typical F!shie self-aggrandizement.

HAA is Hasan Ali Almaci, and FFO is F!shie Flop Oog. He's just (probably half-truthfully) boasting.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Busty said:
We are heading for an all out blog war with these competing insiders. But, to add more delicous and totally unconfirmed speculation to fuel the fire, 'Skater Boy' (rolleyes) has made dropped some tips in his comments section. They include....

And now those leaving comments are now claiming to be insiders....

*rolleyes*

To which Skaterboy replied....

It all sounds fairly reasonable. But the thing that strikes me about these apparent insiders and their blogs is that they always seem to come away with items that give us a hints and never anything more substanial.

If they are true insiders at the heart of the gaming business protected by the anonymity that such blogs provide from the glare of NDAs and their litigious employers and peers, why aren't we getting more MEAGTONS? Why aren't we getting more sccops and insights? Alright, SurferGirl had the storyline for Resistance2, but wouldn't details on the online co-op and multiplayer have been more tantilising?

For all their claims for being some kind of video game 'whisteblower' I still think that the likes of the E3s and TGS' will bring the real news and megatons that people crave. All these blogs are doing are dropping more hints and tips to tide us over until we get the real information.....from the developers and publishers themselves.

"Action adventure" ... RE5/Fallout 3?

ganja

1) Facebreaker is the successor to Fight Night (it did start as a Fight Night Round 4/Fight Night 08, but evolved into something more unique), but do not fear as it is does not disregard the strong gameplay of its predecessor. Unlike the terrible Prizefighter, all people who have made significant contributions to Facebreaker are actually getting paid and are credited.
2) Resistance 2 trailer next month (you are probably reading this in February, so later this month), as well seeing the game (which looks amazing) in action in non-trailer form.
3) Epicenter Studios is working on a WiiWare title for release later this year.
http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/01/maybe-its-just-whole-world-is-like.html

AnIco said:
It's just typical F!shie self-aggrandizement.

HAA is Hasan Ali Almaci, and FFO is F!shie Flop Oog. He's just (probably half-truthfully) boasting.

I knew f.shie has been taking part in it all along. It's too full of tabloid-like accusations and Maury-like parental dilemmas.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
WrikaWrek said:
What a douche if he really knows. Why would you rat on them?

That guy is an asshole.

Yeah no shit. Let's gang up on him if he ever writes a book and write negative comments on Amazon. After that, we take his daughter. I will raise her as my own, only to marry her when she turns 18. Who is with me on that one?

Domino Theory said:
Well, as of late, Microsoft's meaning of 'exclusive' is PC/360. ;)

considering fallout 3 is one of the few multiplatform titles to have a trailer up on PSN, i'd think it's a pretty safe bet for ps3 - there must be some kind of firm agreement there if sony are already advertising it

stranger things have happened, but, you know. where did this speculation start, anyway?

Busty

Banned
AlternativeUlster said:
Yeah no shit. Let's gang up on him if he ever writes a book and write negative comments on Amazon. After that, we take his daughter. I will raise her as my own, only to marry her when she turns 18. Who is with me on that one?

Do yourself a favour and go for a walk in your nearest park ASAP. Get some fresh air, see nature and other human beings.

It will do you the world of good.

bsjezz said:
considering fallout 3 is one of the few multiplatform titles to have a trailer up on PSN, i'd think it's a pretty safe bet for ps3 - there must be some kind of firm agreement there if sony are already advertising it

stranger things have happened, but, you know. where did this speculation start, anyway?

When did it start? About eight or so posts above yours.

xaosslug

i'm thinking a GAFer with some 'insider infos' started the surfergirl blog as a joke more than anything, and you know GAF in it's infinite wisdom... GAF see, GAF do. Out with the monkey shines. :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
2) Resistance 2 trailer next month (you are probably reading this in February, so later this month), as well seeing the game (which looks amazing) in action in non-trailer form.

:lol

so 95% of posters in Resistance 2 thread said that too , can we consider them insiders ? SurferGaffer clan ? there is even tonz of guys in that thread thinks that there will be gameplay on GDC ..wooha i think some Gaf members is in fact Kaz , Phil and the rest of SCE

i have some insider news-surfer style too , there will be new games from Sony at GDC and gamer's day with video and shit , MS too :lol

Mdk7

1) Facebreaker is the successor to Fight Night (it did start as a Fight Night Round 4/Fight Night 08, but evolved into something more unique), but do not fear as it is does not disregard the strong gameplay of its predecessor. Unlike the terrible Prizefighter, all people who have made significant contributions to Facebreaker are actually getting paid and are credited.
\0/
Let's hope this is actually true!

Foil

Mdk7 said:
\0/
Let's hope this is actually true!

Why would anyone want that to be true? That basically says the real Fight Night sequel was scrapped and turned into that Facebreaker piece of crap.

Foil said:
Why would anyone want that to be true? That basically says the real Fight Night sequel was scrapped and turned into that Facebreaker piece of crap.

I thought we already knew the Fight Night sequel was canned.

Salazar

Project Offset was set for PS3 as well but is now only PC/360 and, it's widely assumed, MS published. If it's showing at GDC, it could be one of the 'five exclusives' (allowing for the broad definition). I suppose it would be the FPS, but it seems to have a stack of the other genres slotted into it too.

Mdk7

Foil said:
I want to play another game like FN3.
So since we were told that FN4 was NOT gonna come, if this is what we're getting instead of it... Well i'll happily take it, especially if it is like FN3 gameplay wise.

KZObsessed

Snah said:
f.ishie claims to know who surfer girl comprises of...take this however you want.

Its three people, only one is a girl.
The initials of the person who came up with the idea are HAA, he is also known as FFO.

(neutral) FFObsessed
(Today, 01:10 PM)

Hello!

Apocryphon

FaceBreaker is NOT the successor to Fight Night Round 3. It's targeting a different market and is being handled by a different studio. Anybody who says otherwise is talking out of their ass.

Busty

Banned
Majik said:
FaceBreaker is NOT the successor to Fight Night Round 3. It's targeting a different market and is being handled by a different studio. Anybody who says otherwise is talking out of their ass.

8aki1ol.jpg

Electronic Arts diversifying their sports title output to reach a new demographic .

Serious business.

DuckRacer

More Surfer Girl, now consumed by Obamamania!

1) Guitar Hero Aerosmith will rock this way in July. Unsurprisingly, Guitar Hero IV: [insert superfluous rock subtitle here] is out in Rocktober. As previously reported by the internet, Guitar Hero On Tour is out in June. There is a fourth title (as previously reported by EGM) that is "an action-packed Guitar Hero experience like no other" or, in English, it is different from the other Guitar Heroes. Also, those universally loved boss battles are returning.
2) Facebreaker will KOing in Soctober/Blovember. These months are followed by Deckcember and Jabuary.
3) Sony's will be launching a greatest hits line for PS3 soon with Resistance, Warhawk, and Motorstorm to start.
4) A cast member from a long-running Fox soap is/was dating someone from a Los Angeles game studio.
5) What is your favorite film of all-time?
Raising Arizona
6) Microsoft thinks that a sequel is worth paying for despite knowing nothing about it and team behind the original is not really doing the sequel.
7) Prior to THQ shutting down their acquired automotive franchises, Stuntman: Demolition and a Juiced game were in the works for the Wii, via Locomotive Games and Juiced Games, respectively. Both were the best incarnations in their respective franchises, but the series were not too great so that claim does not carry much weight.
8) SuperVillian's PSP fl0w is simply astounding (like thatgamecompany's version), hopefully the game will actually come out this month (it is about two months late already). The first must-have downloadable title for PSP, unless it gets pushed back again.
9) At least one 360 SKU with built-in WiFi will be out later this year.

Also, Over Her Dead Body is absolutely terrible. Just go watch the extremely underrated Just Like Heaven again (it still holds up after eleven viewings).
http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/02/hensleigh.html

1. I wonder if the downloadable Warhawk is getting a price drop as well, and if the Greatest Hits gig is going to be eventually applied to the smaller downloadable games (like Arcade Hits).

2. I also wonder what the sequel mentioned is.

Mamesj

Banned
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. I know this has been known for a while, but every time I read it, my face is bloodied with facepalms.

I, for one, welcome our new Rock Band overlords.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Crackdown 2!?

But the "paying for a sequel they know nothing about" sounds like a really dumb thing to say no?

How do you pay for a sequel that you know nothing about? What somebody asks you money and you give it?

RBH

6) Microsoft thinks that a sequel is worth paying for despite knowing nothing about it and team behind the original is not really doing the sequel.
This better not be Crackdown 2. If the original team isn't working on it, I don't want anything to do with that shit.

Then again, Real Time Worlds basically said last year that they wouldn't work on Crackdown 2 unless they had the original team working on it.

I'm trying to think of other possibilities....

I think it's referring to Bioshock 2 and the rumor that 2K Boston will not be developing it, instead it would be the new 2K studio in San Francisco?

Yeah, that's actually a pretty good guess.

9) At least one 360 SKU with built-in WiFi will be out later this year.

Hooray, more SKUs! :/

gbovo

WrikaWrek said:
Crackdown 2!?

But the "paying for a sequel they know nothing about" sounds like a really dumb thing to say no?

How do you pay for a sequel that you know nothing about? What somebody asks you money and you give it?
I think it's referring to Bioshock 2 and the rumor that 2K Boston will not be developing it, instead it would be the new 2K studio in San Francisco?

DuckRacer

gbovo said:
Yeah, that actually sounds really plausible. Crackdown is Microsoft's IP – they'd know something about it. BioShock 2 on the other hand? It's the sequel to one of the 360's best games. I could see MS dishing out cash to secure it without knowing the plot and the like considering the success of the first one.
Psychotext said:
Doubt it will be a new sku, they'll probably just throw it in a new motherboard version.
I doubt MS is going to throw in something that'd normally cost $100 for free. But who knows.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
"Bioshock 2: John Gal... excuse me... Kohn Halt's revenge!" With special interactive intro by eminent Austrian School Economist Peter Boettke.

Duck said:
I doubt MS is going to throw in something that'd normally cost $100 for free. But who knows.
They might have been selling it for $100, but the actual module they'd put on the motherboard wouldn't cost them much more than $15. Depends how pressurised they feel on the missing feature though.

WrikaWrek

Banned
gbovo said:

Hopefully not. It's a new team, Ken isn't on it.

What's the point? It's going to be a lame sequel i bet.

It's probably Bioshock. They are going to say it is made by 2K Games, so non-hardcore will thing it is the same people, but it will probably be different dev house in 2K(probably SF). I think this also lends some credence as to why we haven't seen the PS3 version that is supposedly floating around.

Microsoft probably got some exclusive deal to the franchise. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that Ken Levine has said he wanted to work on the sequel. If that were the case why is another team making the game, unless he is going to work with the other team.

WrikaWrek

Banned
snack said:
It's probably Bioshock. They are going to say it is made by 2K Games, so non-hardcore will thing it is the same people, but it will probably be different dev house in 2K(probably SF). I think this also lends some credence as to why we haven't seen the PS3 version that is supposedly floating around.

Microsoft probably got some exclusive deal to the franchise. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that Ken Levine has said he wanted to work on the sequel. If that were the case why is another team making the game, unless he is going to work with the other team.

He wants to do a sequel, not a remake which i bet is exactly what Bioshock 2 under this different team will be.

I'm already seeing it, it will even be in Raptor, it will have the same art assets, it will have the same graphics, but hey...there will be a slightly new story and some new weapons and powers.

Yay

RBH

ThirdEye said:
Gears 2? Remember that ex-EA guy in charge of the next Gears at MS.
No, he's not in charge of the next Gears, he'll just be a producer overseeing things for the game (similar to how there were MS producers overseeing the first Gears).

Salazar

For one thing, I know I'd be pretty pissed if I was on the Crackdown team, worked that hard on a game that was getting firehosed with contempt, made it as brutally awesome as it is, and then didn't get to kick out the jams on a bigger-budget, highly anticipated follow-up.

Draft

snack said:

I am remembering some rumor of a bunch of Bioshock team members not liking Ken Levine.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Salazar said:
For one thing, I know I'd be pretty pissed if I was on the Crackdown team, worked that hard on a game that was getting firehosed with contempt, made it as brutally awesome as it is, and then didn't get to kick out the jams on a bigger-budget, highly anticipated follow-up.

Well blame the press and blame us. Because the press was pissing on that game, and we too (hardcore games that follow dev of games) were basically making fun of the whole game and how shit it looked.

Then the demo hit, and slowly things changed. It's hard to think about a sequel when you are so unsure about how the game is going to be received.

Top Bottom