• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surgeons use PlayStation controller for long-distance endoscopy

onQ123

hnuCBlD.jpeg

In a groundbreaking experiment, surgeons in Switzerland have successfully performed an endoscopic procedure on a pig located 5,780 miles away in Hong Kong. This innovative feat was accomplished using a video game controller, paving the way for the future of remote surgeries in humans, particularly in areas lacking local medical expertise.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Surgeons who regularly play video games scored >40% better on skill assessments than those who don’t, in a recent study.

kevboard

yo... I would not trust a fucking controller that uses potentiometers... especially not PS5 controllers. I can set my clock on my PS4/5 sticks getting drift issues.

at least use a damn controller with hall effect sticks man.

Shubh_C63

Surgeons who regularly play video games scored >40% better on skill assessments than those who don’t, in a recent study.

You know I'm 40% of a Surgeon myself.

Soodanim

yo... I would not trust a fucking controller that uses potentiometers... especially not PS5 controllers. I can set my clock on my PS4/5 sticks getting drift issues.

at least use a damn controller with hall effect sticks man.
That was the first thing I thought of. Stop for a brow wipe because no one anticipated stick drift and all of a sudden Doctor Itor is working on the other kidney

Radical_3d

That’s one situation where you don’t want to have lag. I can see the people at the other side of the world teabaging your now dead patient.
3b4.png

FingerBang

It's funny how you people think this is stupid and the controller isn't good enough where:

1) Familiarity with the controller reduces human error by a ton, which is probably the main reason why something can go wrong

2) They are definitely accounting for hardware defects via software and by testing. So no, it won't drift and cut the patient in half lol

Jakk

The DS stick drift issues has been fixed long ago in the second iteration or third one I think
That's not true. Unless they use some other technology like the hall effect sensors, the stick drift issues won't significantly improve. Every DualSense will get stick drift eventually, if you use it enough. It also depends on the types of games you are playing.

Top Bottom