• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 31: Second Chance | PLAYER VOTING IS LIVE | Jeff Probst's Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Random Reddit conspiracy: Shane failed the physical and that's why he's not on.

I can see it. I really don't buy that Shane was in the bottom 5 of overall votes when he was probably on every single hardcore ballot.

ironmang

If you hear Kass tell the story, Tasha and Spencer were never loyal to her and she remained extremely loyal to Tony and his crew after she switched sides.
And hey, just to play devil's advocate, Cochran pulled a far more treacherous and underhanded move in his season and he came back to play again and won.

Just because you pulled a Shambo once doesn't mean you'll have that stigma every time you play.

Cochran at least had the reasoning that he didn't want it to go to rocks and him potentially be eliminated. iirc Kass was pretty safe and should have been somewhere in the middle of that alliance. Kass even owned up to the whole "Chaos Kass" persona so that seems hard to shake off and start fresh.

Deals would have already been made before this, and they can't just back out now. They've been doing the back to back filming since Samoa, and it really helps them cut down on the costs.

They don't have a choice w/ the current back 2 back filming schedule.

If T-bird gets on another season, this may have been a blessing in disguise- her age could be a huge problem in those conditions.

They don't really have a choice. There's nowhere else they can get the permits and government cooperation/approval fast enough. Especially if this is airing in the fall. If it's as bad as Redmond says, they'll just finish the season and never go back.
Well I hope I they are better prepared this time around. I don't particularly approve of subjecting people to those types of conditions without giving them means to protect themselves. When it's supposedly that bad then I think precautions should be made.

Unrelated, I wonder who lucky #11 was on the men's side. They sure squeeked by.

UberTag

Tyson's prediction is that Shirin will be the first boot of Survivor: Second Chance due to tonight's disclosure that she had a million in the bank already.

Shane smokes.

He was three packs a day all the way up to the day before Panama, and it didn't seem to hurt him, then.

I'd think there would have at least been a preliminary physical before the ballot was revealed to prevent a situation from occurring.

I think it's more likely that Shane just missed. Maybe he was a close 12th (since we know Mike was in the top 10), and hurt by how long ago the season was and that some of the casuals considered him a jerk or something. Who knows.

This is apparently also why Terry's wife didn't do BvW despite being the most obvious castmember ever for the gimmick.

I'd say Boston Powers and Twila's son would have been more obvious, but Terry's wife would have been good, too.

kirblar

Tyson's prediction is that Shirin will be the first boot of Survivor: Second Chance due to tonight's disclosure that she had a million in the bank already.
Tyson a biiiiit late to the party there.

Crap. I put Shirin and Andrew on the same tribe. That's not going to happen, lol. (They both work at Yahoo HQ.)

Grexeno

It's just quite odd that the hardcore vote was strong enough to get Peih-Gee and Monica on, but not fucking Shane or T-Bird

It's just quite odd that the hardcore vote was strong enough to get Peih-Gee and Monica on, but not fucking Shane or T-Bird

Peih-Gee and Monica probably had a nice cross-section of the hardcore vote and the voters who were looking at people based on attractiveness.

Yeah, that probably wasn't a smart thing to let slip, lol.

Are Tyson and Rob happy with the s31 cast? Can't listen right now.

Jigorath

Banned
Sabrina, Mikayla, Stephanie, and Natalie all had no chance. It was basically PG, Monica, Carolyn, and T-Bird fighting over those last two spots. I'm amazed that Carolyn didn't make it back on considering she had a pretty strong edit ever since the vote went live. I'm guessing being a part of the Axis of Evil must have hurt her more than I thought it would. Monica framed her campaign around "I pissed of Russell" which must have impressed the hardcore.

Carolyn probably suffered by being on the wrong side of the incredibly one-sided edit this season. I wasn't really a huge fan of hers but I did feel a bit bad for her after tonight.

ironmang

Unrelated, I wonder who lucky #11 was on the men's side. They sure squeeked by.

My guess would be Savage. He's not particularly memorable besides getting screwed by a twist and being on the Fairplay season. Though not a Brad or Troyzan that people definitely didn't want to see again.

Bummed about Shane and T-Bird, but mostly seem to be happy with the cast. Rob also seemed a little surprised that Carolyn didn't make it.

I'm actually a bit surprised Carolyn didn't make it. She had a great edit while the poll was up. Either casuals disliked/were ambivalent to her like most of the online crowd, or the hardcores pushed in Kelley and Monica over her.

kirblar

My guess would be Savage. He's not particularly memorable besides getting screwed by a twist and being on the Fairplay season. Though not a Brad or Troyzan that people definitely didn't want to see again.
With the "did you cancel each other out?" comment, it definitely might have been one of him or Terry.

Well, if it was him I'm glad. He got a raw deal on his season. (He's easy on the eyes too.)

Carolyn probably suffered by being on the wrong side of the incredibly one-sided edit this season. I wasn't really a huge fan of hers but I did feel a bit bad for her after tonight.
She looked devastated. Rough night for her.

Guys, even though Shane and T-Bird didn't get on.

NEITHER DID CULPEPPER OR TROYZAN. HOORAY

Yes, this is the real take away. I'm so glad we were able to keep them both off the season. I imagine Troyzan is already concocting a conspiracy theory in which production and Kim secretly strategized to screw his voters over during times where they weren't supposed to being talking. Or something.

With the "did you cancel each other out?" comment, it definitely might have been one of him or Terry.

Considering the way Jeff phrased it, I thought Terry had more votes, but I could be overthinking it. I think Savage should be real thankful Mike won tonight.

kirblar

America got it right, since I assume that Woo was a producer's choice. God dammit. One of the most boring players ever.
Putting him on the ballot was a mistake, but I think they wanted to make it so it wasn't just the Brains from S28 up there.

Hell, I would have taken LJ over Woo.

edit: HA from Natalie's Twitter-
@NatalieeAnd: Yeah buddy! #SJDS you better wreck shit out there! So happy to see Jeremy and Keith back out there! #SurviovorSecondChance
shade

Now that I think about it, the men's side isn't really that hard up for eye candy. Andrew, Joe, Vytas, Woo, Jeremy and Terry are all good looking. I guess there's just no one that really stands out in the standard Survivor "hunk" category. (I see that Joe is really popular, but I personally don't see him as extremely attractive. More cute.) It will be an improvement over this past season though.

Please excuse me as I continue to talk to myself about Survivor hunks. Feel free to chime in.

kirblar

Now that I think about it, the men's side isn't really that hard up for eye candy. Andrew, Joe, Vytas, Woo, Jeremy and Terry are all good looking. I guess there's just no one that really stands out in the standard Survivor "hunk" category. (I see that Joe is really popular, but I personally don't see him as extremely attractive. More cute.) It will be an improvement over this past season though.

Please excuse me as I continue to talk to myself about Survivor hunks. Feel free to chime in.
The issue's the lack of young males. Normally they cast the braindead jocks, but they tend to not be who you want back for a second go-round.

Jigorath

Banned
Putting him on the ballot was a mistake, but I think they wanted to make it so it wasn't just the Brains from S28 up there.

Hell, I would have taken LJ over Woo.

edit: HA from Natalie's Twitter-

shade

Nobody likes Kelley from her season. Except for her dad.

She might be DOA then, lol.

I don't know. She's not threatening, and she doesn't really have an obvious reason to target her.

I can easily see her being a Monica Culpepper type person who didn't do a whole lot in her first go around, but winds up just sliding into a majority alliance (near the bottom) because she's not threatening anybody.

Kass and Shirin will have possible targets on them, and aren't great in challenges, so they could be early boots. We also could just see big threats being taken out right away.

The issue's the lack of young males. Normally they cast the braindead jocks, but they tend to not be who you want back for a second go-round.
Brainy hunks are my favorite, but I'd be okay with some brute force dudes too. (It's not like everyone in the vote here is Mensa worthy.)

There are a bunch of hunks they could of scouted though that are ripe for a second chance.

kirblar

Brainy hunks are my favorite, but I'd be okay with some brute force dudes too. (It's not like everyone in the vote here is Mensa worthy.)

There are a bunch of hunks they could of scouted though that are ripe for a second chance.
Aaron from China's one that got screwed and deserves a second shot. Marcus was another I was shocked to not see under consideration (even though I hate him.)

Colby is still king.
He is very handsome, but he kind of lost his mystique with all his appearances. Definitely the first real beefcake dude of the series though. (Joel Klug was sorta the prototype, but he didn't get that sort of attention on the show.)

Aaron from China's one that got screwed and deserves a second shot. Marcus was another I was shocked to not see under consideration (even though I hate him.)
Yeah. I could see both of them.

I was really hoping for Jeff Wilson since he never really got a shot due to his injury. Mick too. He wasn't an amazing player in his season but it kills me that he had so many opportunities to take control of the game but was under the Hantz spell.

#justice4DanKay
Hh3iZ.gif
Hh3iZ.gif
Hh3iZ.gif

Not happy with the one world characters or the blood/water making it...gave up on one world pretty quick with that asshole colson or whatever his name was. Think he came back for blood/water and I didn't want to watch that fuck the first time let alone a second(plus I hate the concept, so I skipped the second as well). Everyone else I'm fine with...but I don't know who the fuck these people are from those seasons. Hopefully, Kass goes quick. How did the brains get 3 people returning? Hope Kelly, Kimmi and Jeff do well. Barely remember some of these people...like the guy in the middle on the top row.

Shirin looked pretty bummed when Joe got on stage. He started bumping fists and hugging people while he skipped over her....she kinda of shrugged and got a frown on her face. Guess they don't get along well.

UberTag

Shirin looked pretty bummed when Joe got on stage. He started bumping fists and hugging people while he skipped over her....she kinda of shrugged and got a frown on her face. Guess they don't get along well.
She's a loaded white collar with a million bucks that cast a deciding vote to evict him from the game.
He's a no-collar hunk that's 6 years younger who likes to make jewelry for a living.

She really shouldn't be surprised.

TheYanger

The thing I like here is the amount of middle aged players. It's a given with most of the really old season players getting yes votes, and then even among newer seasons it wasn't mostly the very young ones picked. Just such a nice contrast from shit like Big Brother or the One World cast when we can get something diverse. Solid cast despite no shane.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
SO HAPPY with the results of the vote.

I was rooting hard for Fishbach, Varner, Abi, Kelley, Monica, and T-Bird. So 5 out of 6 aint bad.

I was also rooting against Shane, Max, and Wiglesworth and 2 of them didn't make it.

llehuty

I think this is actually giving her goat qualities and someone must be thinking of taking her to the end. "Don't vote for her, she is rich"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom