• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 31: Second Chance | PLAYER VOTING IS LIVE | Jeff Probst's Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
They took it out after getting a look at Day 1's results. :p

We (the viewers) do not want Shambo back after Dave's AMA.

I think it's too bad that they didn't ask Dave Ball back...though just reading part of that AMA, I can understand why they may not have wanted to deal with him.

UberTag

RHAP Exit Poll - Detailed Results

CFbj45QUsAATfBz.jpg

CFbkI4wUIAAlPw4.jpg

My final predictions... (locks noted in bold, non-locks in italics)

MEN

Jeff Varner
Jeremy Collins
Joe Anglim
Keith Nale
Shane Powers
Spencer Bledsoe
Stephen Fishbach
Terry Deitz
Vytas Baskauskas
Yung "Woo" Hwang

Mike wins Survivor: Worlds Apart.
Pretty much agree with Rob and Curt on these.
Would prefer to see either Troyzan or Savage instead of Woo but am otherwise fine with this group.

WOMEN

Abi-Maria Gomes
Carolyn Rivera
Ciera Eastin
Kass McQuillen
Kelley Wentworth
Kelly Wiglesworth
Peih-Gee Law
Shirin Oskooi
Tasha Fox
Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

I'm disputing Rob and Curt on backing Kimmi over Peih-Gee.
I would prefer to see Monica over Mama C.

CFbj45QUsAATfBz.jpg

CFbkI4wUIAAlPw4.jpg

MEN

Jeff Varner
Jeremy Collins
Joe Anglim
Keith Nale
Shane Powers
Spencer Bledsoe
Stephen Fishbach
Terry Deitz
Vytas Baskauskas
Yung "Woo" Hwang

Mike wins Survivor: Worlds Apart.
Pretty much agree with Rob and Curt on these.
Would prefer to see either Troyzan or Savage instead of Woo but am otherwise fine with this group.

WOMEN

Abi-Maria Gomes
Carolyn Rivera
Ciera Eastin
Kass McQuillen
Kelley Wentworth
Kelly Wiglesworth
Peih-Gee Law
Shirin Oskooi
Tasha Fox
Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

I'm disputing Rob and Curt on backing Kimmi over Peih-Gee.
I would prefer to see Monica over Mama C.

That drop from Savage to Max! It'd be cool -- if highly unlikely -- for CBS to release the voting results. It'd be interesting to see how closely they correlate. I have no idea how it would look on the women's side, but I bet Fishbach is way too high, and Woo is really low. I think Keith stands little to no chance -- recency or not, I doubt that casual fans loved him that much more than the diehards.

kirblar

If you swap Jim for Keith and assume Mike wins S30, I think that's likely our male cast, w/ Woo potentially playing spoiler.

Maengun1

Ugh at Kelley Wentworth making the top 10 there and Kimmi at 11. I don't follow the fan stuff off the show, but I can't believe Kelley is even an option. She was just on last season, was an early boot, and didn't do anything memorable on the show?

I really want Kimmi back, she was a trainwreck and she's from season 2 for pete's sake! I still remember her 15 years later and I barely remember Kelley.

I also don't really want anyone from this season back right away, but the recency bias will likely get them all in. Their season is still on tv right now, who misses them already?? I prefer all-new Survivor casts to returnees, but when we do get returning stars I greatly prefer taking a trip down memory lane with people who were on 5-10 years ago over people who were on last season.

Ugh at Kelley Wentworth making the top 10 there and Kimmi at 11. I don't follow the fan stuff off the show, but I can't believe Kelley is even an option. She was just on last season, was an early boot, and didn't do anything memorable on the show?

I really want Kimmi back, she was a trainwreck and she's from season 2 for pete's sake! I still remember her 15 years later and I barely remember Kelley.

I also don't really want anyone from this season back right away, but the recency bias will likely get them all in. Their season is still on tv right now, who misses them already?? I prefer all-new Survivor casts to returnees, but when we do get returning stars I greatly prefer taking a trip down memory lane with people who were on 5-10 years ago over people who were on last season.

Kimmi was really in the worst position for the vote, being both from a long time ago and pre-merge. Kelley went out at about the same spot, but she was just on last season, and all the other old school players were people who made it pretty far.

I agree that I would prefer seeing more older players, but it looks like we should be doing pretty well in that department, with folks like Shane, Terry, T-Bird, Jeff, etc.

kirblar

I thought Rob was spot on with all of his assessments and predictions. Kimmi is (sadly) the only prediction I'm iffy on.
I would think Kimmi/Monica/Carolyn/Kelley would be making up the 9-12th placers, with two being out, and two in.

Sabrina/Natalie/Mikaela/Steph are dead in the water, and I'd think the other 8 are likely.

On the men's side, things could be weirder.

Spencer, Jeremy, Stephen, Jeff, Vytas, Joe are the only ones I'm confident get on.

Troyzan, Mike, Jim, and Brad (and prooooobably Max) are the ones I'm confident are out.

That leaves Shane, Terry, Andrew, Woo, Keith w/ 4 out of 5 making it.

I think Rob critically underestimated the amount of casual votes coming in.
Australia was HUGE at the time - if the votes lean older, I think she's in.

Are you leaning towards Peih-Gee over Kimmi like me or a different direction?

Leaning toward PG like you. I think the online community pushed her through, unless I'm overestimating them.

I think Rob critically underestimated the amount of casual votes coming in.

Yes, I think the problem is that we all assumed they wouldn't log in everyday, so that would discount them. But even if they all voted three times they out voted us by quite a bit.

kirblar

Jeff
KEITH
VYTAS
TERRY
ANDREW
STEPHEN
WOO
Jeremy
Spencer
Joe'

Kelly W
Kimmi
PG
CIERA
ABI MARIA
KASS
MONICA
KELLEY
SHIRIN
TASHA

Teresa and Shane the big screw ups. Otherwise, it looks really REALLY good. Except fucking Woo.

Grexeno

I really wanted Shane there. Really wanted him. I would kick off Keith or Woo or Savage in a heartbeat. I also really wanted T-Bird, but I can live without her.

amaretto

Yes at Woo making it.

They could have easily axed one of Terry/Savage for Shane but whatever. I basically only cared about Woo, Kass & PG and they made it. :)

UberTag

MEN

Jeff Varner
Jeremy Collins
Joe Anglim
Keith Nale
Shane Powers
Spencer Bledsoe
Stephen Fishbach
Terry Deitz
Vytas Baskauskas
Yung "Woo" Hwang
9 out of 10. Really pissed that the one I was wrong about is one of the ones I wanted back the most in Shane. I voted for him every damn day.
WOMEN

Abi-Maria Gomes
Carolyn Rivera
Ciera Eastin
Kass McQuillen
Kelley Wentworth
Kelly Wiglesworth
Peih-Gee Law
Shirin Oskooi
Tasha Fox
Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper
8 out of 10. I'm thrilled Monica made the cut over Mama C.
Pissed that T-Bird lost out to Kimmi. I also voted for T-Bird every damn day.

So glad I was wrong on Kimmi. The loss of Shane and T-Bird is a damn shame though.

Was very pleasantly surprised by Monica getting on though

Me too, actually. I didn't think she'd make it. I'm happy she's included though.

ironmang

I'd probably trade anybody on the male side for Shane. Shane -> Terry and T-Bird -> Wentworth would have been my ideal cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom