• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 31: Second Chance | PLAYER VOTING IS LIVE | Jeff Probst's Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad that T-Bird didn't make it. I loved seeing Jeff drool over Terry and Savage, hopefully they'll live up to his insatiable manlust, since besides Joe & Vytas, the eye candy this season for dudes is not the strongest. (Jeremy is handsome too, but his personality is not appealing.)

So is this the official thread or will we have another for when the season actually starts?

We should probably have a new thread for when the season actually starts. Otherwise this will be one long, impenetrable thread for newcomers. Though using this thread to generally talk Survivor instead of the Worlds Apart thread would be better, since the fewer references to this past season, the better.

UberTag

Woo is instantly a goat, right?
I'm expecting Spencer, Woo, Fishbach and Joe to all team up. Will try and protect Keith and the pretty eye candy players like Kelley and Monica across tribal lines.
Expecting the rest of the old school players to be completely overwhelmed... although I think Wiglesworth will be kept around a while in much the same way Keith will.

I hope Shane buys Jim Rice a beer. We need both of them intoxicated and on a podcast somewhere to bitch and vent.

kirblar

Let's guess the tribes!

You put Terry and Vytas on opposite tribes for the rivalry aspect.

You put Terry and Andrew on opposite tribes.

Tribe 1: Terry
Tribe 2: Andrew/Vytas

You pair Kimmi and Varner. You pair Spencer and Kass.

Woo and Tasha go to Kimmi/Varner's tribe, most likely.

And you probably want Spencer/Stephen on opposite tribes And if Woo's on one, you want Joe on the other.

And Joe and Shirin need to be split up.

Tribe 1b: Kimmi/Varner/Woo/Tasha/Stephen/Shirin
Tribe 2b: Spencer/Kass/Joe

For the S29 folk, they may want to repair Keith/Jeremy for the lulz. If so,

Tribe 1c: Keith/Jeremy
Tribe 2c: Kelley

That leaves Monica, Abi-Maria, PG, Ciera, Kelly W as wild cards. All women, so gotta arrange the boys.

(Working on this as we speak.

We should probably have a new thread for when the season actually starts. Otherwise this will be one long, impenetrable thread for newcomers. Though using this thread to generally talk Survivor instead of the Worlds Apart thread would be better, since the fewer references to this past season, the better.

Yeah, I feel like 31 needs its own thread when the time comes. Link this one to archive our opinions.

I can see them bringing back Dan. If they brought back Colton -- who wasn't just a racist, but a quitter too -- then they bring back Dan for HvV2 or something.

I actually wouldn't be shocked to see Dan. I wouldn't put money on it though.

Swap in Shane for Woo and T-Bird for Kimmi and this would be my perfect cast.

I voted for Sabrina every day, but it was obvious she was drawing dead.

Rob also seems pretty bummed out about Shane and T-Bird missing out on Know it Alls.

Was very pleasantly surprised by Monica getting on though.

Yeah, I'm happy to see Monica back. I liked her in Samoa, and I think she can do well in a second chance.

kirblar

S32 NAME/THEME SPOILER!!!!!!

#Survivor Season 32 - Survivor Koh Rong: Brawn vs Brains vs Beauty II

YEESSSSSSSS

Does that mean Spencer gets stuck with Kass again? Because as much as I didn't want to see either of them back, I would freaking love that.

EDIT: Awww, I misunderstood too.

You put Terry and Vytas on opposite tribes for the rivalry aspect.

I think Terry and Vytas will be together. Just to play up the whole "Terry had a rivalry with his brother!!! How will they interact together???"

YEESSSSSSSS

Wait, is this real? I totally misunderstood this, ignore me, lol.

UberTag

Any chance Kass survives her first tribal?
Depends. She might have a shot if her tribe wins the first few challenges. Plus, they all just heard that Shirin earned her first million at 25.
Clearly she doesn't need the money and could be targeted early on for that reason (along with being a hardcore fan).

Grexeno

Man I'm so happy. I mean, I'm really bummed T-Bird and Shane didn't make the cut, but think about how much worse it could have gone.

kirblar

Tribe 1: Terry
Tribe 2: Andrew/Vytas

Tribe 1b: Kimmi/Varner/Woo/Tasha/Stephen/Shirin
Tribe 2b: Spencer/Kass/Joe

Tribe 1c: Keith/Jeremy
Tribe 2c: Kelley

That leaves Monica, Abi-Maria, PG, Ciera, Kelly W as wild cards. All women, so gotta arrange the boys.

1b can only take 2 more males. So you have to combine 3 boys together in the arrangement

Tribe 1d: Andrew/Vytas/Kelley
Tribe 2d: Terry/Keith/Jeremy

And so you merge like so

Tribe 1e: Kimmi/Varner/Woo/Tasha/Stephen/Shirin/Andrew/Vytas/Kelley
Tribe 2e: Spencer/Kass/Joe/Terry/Keith/Jeremy/Monica/Ciera

And we're left with Monica, Abi-Maria, PG, Ciera, Kelly W

Lets look at the ages on 1b:

Kimmi-middle age
Tasha-middle age
Shirin-younger (unathletic)
Kelley - younger

2b just has

Kass-older

Of the remaining ones,

Monica-Younger
Ciera-Younger
Abi-Maria -Middle Age
PG- Middle Age
Kelly W- Middle age

So this puts Monica/Ciera onto tribe 2.

Tribe 2e: Spencer/Kass/Joe/Terry/Keith/Jeremy/Monica/Ciera

Kimmi is old-school. PG and Abi-Maria are middle-school. Kelly needs to balance Kimmi, she goes onto tribe 2:

Tribe 2e: Spencer/Kass/Joe/Terry/Keith/Jeremy/Monica/Ciera/Kelly

And then flip a coin for Abi/PG. Abi probably would conflict with Kass more.

Tribe 1: Kimmi/Varner/Woo/Tasha/Stephen/Shirin/Andrew/Vytas/Kelley/PG
Trber 2: Spencer/Kass/Joe/Terry/Keith/Jeremy/Monica/Ciera/Kelly/Abi-Maria

YEESSSSSSSS
Really, well in that case...

Tribe Predictions:

Joe Anglim - Beauty
Vytas Baskauskas - Beauty/Brawn
Spencer Bledsoe - Brains
Jeremy Collins - Beauty/Brains/Brawn
Terry Deitz - Brawn
Ciera Eastin - Beauty/Brains
Stephen Fishbach - Brains
Tasha Fox - Brains/Brawn
Abi-Maria Gomes - Beauty? (I don't think she really fits anything distinctly.)
Woo Hwang - Beauty/Brawn
Kimmi Kappenberg - Brains/Brawn
Peih-Gee Law - Beauty/Brains
Kass McQuillen - Brains
Keith Nale - Brawn
Shirin Oskooi- Brains
Monica Padilla - Beauty/Brains
Andrew Savage - Beauty/Brains/Brawn
Jeff Varner - Brains
Kelley Wentworth - Beauty/Brains
Kelly Wiglesworth - Brains/Brawn

Ignore the above.

Jigorath

Banned

Tribe Predictions:

Joe Anglim - Beauty
Spencer Bledsoe - Brains
Terry Deitz - Brawn
Tasha Fox - Brains/Brawn
Woo Hwang - Beauty/Brawn
Kass McQuillen - Brains
Keith Nale - Brawn
Shirin Oskooi- Brains
Monica Padilla - Beauty/Brawn
Jeff Varner - Brains

Wrong season dude.

S32 is all newbies.

Tribe Predictions:

Joe Anglim - Beauty
Spencer Bledsoe - Brains
Terry Deitz - Brawn
Tasha Fox - Brains/Brawn
Woo Hwang - Beauty/Brawn
Kass McQuillen - Brains
Keith Nale - Brawn
Shirin Oskooi- Brains
Jeff Varner - Brains

32 is BBB II, 31 is Second Chances.

Grexeno

Tribe Predictions:

Joe Anglim - Beauty
Spencer Bledsoe - Brains
Terry Deitz - Brawn
Tasha Fox - Brains/Brawn
Woo Hwang - Beauty/Brawn
Kass McQuillen - Brains
Keith Nale - Brawn
Shirin Oskooi- Brains
Jeff Varner - Brains
Season 31 is the season all the people just got voted onto. Season 32 has already been filmed and airs first part of 2016

ironmang

Depends. She might have a shot if her tribe wins the first few challenges. Plus, they all just heard that Shirin earned her first million at 25.
Clearly she doesn't need the money and could be targeted early on for that reason (along with being a hardcore fan).

Shirin actually stuck with her alliance to the end though and seems to be a pretty honorable player. Chaos Kass destroyed her game and the game of her early allies just cause.

kirblar

Apparently word is that this location is/was brutal on the players. (per Redmond on twitter.) They are not going to have fun, and I doubt the show goes back there again.

Tevious

Well, I'm pretty happy with the finalists. Should be an interesting season with that cast. I'm a little disappointed we didn't get a teaser video with location shots of Cambodia. If season 31 and 32 are both going to be in Cambodia, I hope season 31 at least won't be on the beach. I did a google search for Cambodia beaches and its really more of the same shit. I miss the inland settings like Survivor Australia, Africa, Gabon, Tocantins, and China. And I hope they bring the cultural stuff back on the show and in the challenges.

Apparently word is that this location is/was brutal on the players. (per Redmond on twitter.) They are not going to have fun, and I doubt the show goes back there again.

That would be interesting to see if the show really highlights that a lot. It's been awhile since we've really seen that sort of element on the show.

Whoops. Why are they showing the seasons out of order? That's dumb.

It wouldn't make sense to have people vote the cast on and then not show the season until next February.

Plus, shortening the gap between filming and airing for a returning players season at least shortens the spoiler cycle, even if there will still be spoilers.

Grexeno

It wouldn't make sense to have people vote the cast on and then not show the season until next February.

Plus, shortening the gap between filming and airing for a returning players season at least shortens the spoiler cycle, even if there will still be spoilers.
It also means there's no chance of a selected player having to back out.

Yeah, but they skipped season's players weren't eligible for the vote. I'll be pretty disappointed if there's a bunch of good players that missed out on a second chance just so they could have a short turnaround. They should of saved the vote until after next season IMO.

There's a lot of reasons to air it out of order. The wait would confuse the casuals and be a drag on the season airing in between, the spoilers, the list goes on.

If s32 has standouts, they'll eventually get their time to return.

UberTag

Shirin actually stuck with her alliance to the end though and seems to be a pretty honorable player. Chaos Kass destroyed her game and the game of her early allies just cause.
If you hear Kass tell the story, Tasha and Spencer were never loyal to her and she remained extremely loyal to Tony and his crew after she switched sides.
And hey, just to play devil's advocate, Cochran pulled a far more treacherous and underhanded move in his season and he came back to play again and won.

Just because you pulled a Shambo once doesn't mean you'll have that stigma every time you play.

Yeah, but they skipped season's players weren't eligible for the vote. I'll be pretty disappointed if there's a bunch of good players that missed out on a second chance just so they could have a short turnaround.

Considering they're reusing twists more constantly now and 26-27-31 all are returnees (3 season gap at most), I doubt there won't be an All-Stars season with contestants from 32 in the near future (well, if 32 isn't a new Guatemala).

I wouldn't be surprised if either 34/35 was a season with returning players to be honest.

Yeah, but they skipped season's players weren't eligible for the vote. I'll be pretty disappointed if there's a bunch of good players that missed out on a second chance just so they could have a short turnaround. They should of saved the vote until after next season IMO.

They film both seasons back to back. A vote after next season wouldn't be for players until Season 33.

The folks on Season 32 who are good will have plenty of chances to come back. Just as folks like Russell Swan, Laura, and now Monica got to come back eventually even after missing out on Heroes vs Villains, for example.

Yet they're still filming a second season there right away? The producers are sadistic.

Returnee seasons get spoiled early and often, unfortunately. It's safer to air that one first, plus it let them do this gimmick by filming in reverse.
This season better be good then, especially after the one we just went through. Otherwise I'll just be wishing we were already on season 32.

Considering they're reusing twists more constantly now and 26-27-31 all are returnees (3 season gap at most), I doubt there won't be an All-Stars season with contestants from 32 in the near future (well, if 32 isn't a new Guatemala).

I wouldn't be surprised if either 34/35 was a season with returning players to be honest.

They film both seasons back to back. A vote after next season wouldn't be for players until Season 33.

The folks on Season 32 who are good will have plenty of chances to come back. Just as folks like Russell Swan, Laura, and now Monica got to come back eventually even after missing out on Heroes vs Villains, for example.
As someone who's already wary of "All-Star" seasons, this is upsetting. I'd rather they maximize the potential of one season as opposed to using the same gimmick so close together, but this is Survivor, so I know that won't happen. XD

kirblar

Yet they're still filming a second season there right away? The producers are sadistic.
They don't have a choice w/ the current back 2 back filming schedule.

If T-bird gets on another season, this may have been a blessing in disguise- her age could be a huge problem in those conditions.

They don't really have a choice. There's nowhere else they can get the permits and government cooperation/approval fast enough. Especially if this is airing in the fall. If it's as bad as Redmond says, they'll just finish the season and never go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom