• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 31: Second Chance | PLAYER VOTING IS LIVE | Jeff Probst's Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

llehuty

Oooop, shit indeed.

I have faith that the audience would rather vote in someone they don't remember rather than people like Woo or Culpepper.
:/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Oooop, shit indeed.

I have faith that the audience would rather vote in someone they don't remember rather than people like Woo or Culpepper.
:/

Culpepper sure. Woo was pretty liked. All my casual fan friends thought he was going to steamroll Tony at the end because he was likable.

The hardcore fans might be fewer but how many are voting multiple times a day everyday? I know I am. I've got accounts set up on Firefox, chrome, and IE. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there cot more than me.

kirblar

You know what they should do but probably won't because of budget/keeping it secret reasons?

Outcasts on Day 1 w/ the 12 rejects. Ratios would match perfectly to the first time it happened.

UberTag

The conspiracy theorist in me worries that Nat Ten will get back on solely because Probst wants to get on Julie's good side again.

Grexeno

The conspiracy theorist in me worries that Nat Ten will get back on solely because Probst wants to get on Julie's good side again.
I mean, we already have to accept that Savage is getting on no matter what because Probst wants to have sex with him.

I thought Jeff and Julie were fine? She never seems super pissed whenever it's brought up on podcasts or twitter.

If Natalie or Mikayla are put on the cast by production (or by voters), it's more likely because they want a hot bikini body on the beach.

RHAP just posted predictions based on their exit poll:

Women

1. Kass McQullen (Rob’s #1 Lock)
2. Ciera Eastin (Rob’s #2 Lock)
3. Teresa “T-Bird” Cooper (however, Rob has her on the bubble)
4. Tasha Fox (Rob’s #3 Lock)
5. Kelly Wiglesworth (trending down) (still, Rob’s #4 Lock)
6. Shirin Oskooi (Rob’s #5 Lock)
7. Peih-Gee Law (Rob has her on the bubble)
8. Kelley Wentworth (Rob is concerned about brand recognition… bubble)
9. Abi-Maria Gomes (Rob’s #6 Lock)
10. Monica Padilla (Big drop from Abi… bubble)
11. Kimmi Kappenberg (close to Monica…. bubble)
12. Stephanie Valencia (Rob has her as out.)
13. Natalie Tenerelli (Rob has her as out.)
14. Carolyn Rivera (Rob still her has her on the bubble… recency)
15. Sabrina Thompson (Rob has her as out.)
16. Mikayla Wingle (Rob has her as out.)

Rob and Curt will pick T-Bird, Kelley, Carolyn and Kimmi from the bubbles.

Men

1. Stephen Fishbach (Lock for us but bubble if it’s 10 million casual votes)
2. Spencer Bledsoe (Lock… recency)
3. Shane Powers (Lock for us but bubble if it’s 10 million casual votes)
4. Jeff Varner (Lock for us but bubble if it’s 10 million casual votes)
5. Vytas Baskauskas (Lock… recency)
6. Jeremy Collins (Lock… recency)
7. Terry Deitz (bubble)
8. Joe Anglim (Lock… recency)
9. Jim Rice (low on the bubble)
10. Mike Holloway (Lock but probably S30 Winner)
11. Andrew Savage (bubble)
12. Max Dawson (bubble)
13. Keith Nale (recency keeps him at the top of the bubble)
14. Troyzan Robertson (bubble but could benefit if it’s 10 million casual votes)
15. Woo Hwang (bubble but could benefit if it’s 10 million casual votes)
16. Brad Culpepper (out but could benefit if it’s 10 million casual votes)

suaveric

I don't think we have to spoiler tag that. It's Rob's polling plus his best guesses. I bolded who were Rob's final choices on men's side. But he did say that they were a real crapshoot and he wouldn't be surprised no matter what happens there.

Women

1. Kass McQullen (Rob’s #1 Lock)
2. Ciera Eastin (Rob’s #2 Lock)
3. Teresa “T-Bird” Cooper (however, Rob has her on the bubble)
4. Tasha Fox (Rob’s #3 Lock)
5. Kelly Wiglesworth (trending down) (still, Rob’s #4 Lock)
6. Shirin Oskooi (Rob’s #5 Lock)
7. Peih-Gee Law (Rob has her on the bubble)
8. Kelley Wentworth (Rob is concerned about brand recognition… bubble)
9. Abi-Maria Gomes (Rob’s #6 Lock)
10. Monica Padilla (Big drop from Abi… bubble)
11. Kimmi Kappenberg (close to Monica…. bubble)
12. Stephanie Valencia (Rob has her as out.)
13. Natalie Tenerelli (Rob has her as out.)
14. Carolyn Rivera (Rob still her has her on the bubble… recency)
15. Sabrina Thompson (Rob has her as out.)
16. Mikayla Wingle (Rob has her as out.)

Rob and Curt will pick T-Bird, Kelley, Carolyn and Kimmi from the bubbles.

Men

1. Stephen Fishbach (Lock for us but bubble if it’s 10 million casual votes)
2. Spencer Bledsoe (Lock… recency)
3. Shane Powers (Lock for us but bubble if it’s 10 million casual votes)
4. Jeff Varner (Lock for us but bubble if it’s 10 million casual votes)
5. Vytas Baskauskas (Lock… recency)
6. Jeremy Collins (Lock… recency)
7. Terry Deitz (bubble)
8. Joe Anglim (Lock… recency)
9. Jim Rice (low on the bubble)
10. Mike Holloway (Lock but probably S30 Winner)
11. Andrew Savage (bubble)
12. Max Dawson (bubble)
13. Keith Nale (recency keeps him at the top of the bubble)
14. Troyzan Robertson (bubble but could benefit if it’s 10 million casual votes)
15. Woo Hwang (bubble but could benefit if it’s 10 million casual votes)
16. Brad Culpepper (out but could benefit if it’s 10 million casual votes)

I like Kieth....but I really don't want to see him on a season like this.

I also think Rob's(and everyone seeming to want to report about it) making too much of the 10 million votes. I just think it's an exciting thing that something Survivor hasn't done before. I've voted probably every day and I never vote for shit on websites. BB is my favorite show and I didn't even vote for the All-Star cast. It's just something new for this show and I think the fans are digging it.

suaveric

I also think Rob's(and everyone seeming to want to report about it) making too much of the 10 million votes. I just think it's an exciting thing that something Survivor hasn't done before. I've voted probably every day and I never vote for shit on websites. BB is my favorite show and I didn't even vote for the All-Star cast. It's just something new for this show and I think the fans are digging it.

I don't want Keith or Woo out there, I want people that have some understanding of the game. And I'll be really upset if Stephen doesn't make it. I'm worried for him because he's coming out of that no man's land of middle seasons. After that everything is gravy.

kirblar

Stephen's a lock, he's super-high profile and popular.

Keith would be much, much better than Woo- he at least wants to try to play better, while Woo would just be the same guy as before.

Grexeno

The problem is that even if every single Internet Survivor fan votes as many times as possible, there's no way you get 10 million ballots.

Jigorath

Banned
My final prediction. We'll find out for sure in a few hours.

Men:
1. Spencer
2. Joe
3. Vytas
4. Stephen
5. Jeremy
6. Keith
7. Varner
8. Shane
9. Woo
10. Max

Women:
1. Shirin
2. Ciera
3. Tasha
4. Kass
5. Abi
6. Carolyn (no idea why she's so low on Rob's poll)
7. Kelly Wiglesworth
8. PG
9. Kelly Wentworth
10. T-bird

I don't want Kieth or Woo out there, I want people that have some understanding of the game. And I'll be really upset if Stephen doesn't make it. I'm worried for him because he's coming out of that no man's land of middle seasons. After that everything is gravy.

I don't want to see Woo ever again, but I honestly don't see him having much of a chance. I'd be fine with seeing Kieth again eventually, but on a season seemingly this cut throat I'm not sure I want to see him on it. It could be fun to watch but also frustrating, who knows. I just mentioned Kieth because I think he has a good chance of being voted in.

The problem is that even if every single Internet Survivor fan votes as many times as possible, there's no way you get 10 million ballots.

Sure, but I also could imagine some crazy fans just gaming the system. The question is would someone like that game the system to get people we want to see in the game or people we don't want to see in the game?

Edi: Also, am I the only one who thinks it doesn't matter where Mike or Carolyn end up on the voting? I think one wins and the other goes back no matter what tonight.

10 million ballots makes me pretty confident Keith and Woo will make it in as they're both popular with casuals.

Yeah, but doesn't CBS themselves say on the site that they reserve the right to change the casting or something along the lines? It's instances like this that I think they would put that in. There is no chance they let all 4 Cagayan players return, but at the same time I don't think there's any chance they pass on Tasha, Spencer or Kass.

I don't think we have to spoiler tag that. It's Rob's polling plus his best guesses. I bolded who were Rob's final choices on men's side. But he did say that they were a real crapshoot and he wouldn't be surprised no matter what happens there.

Fair enough. I figured it was better to err on the side of caution!

Also, apparently there were at least three people asked who said no: Greg Buis (for career reasons, as I think was posted here already), Shambo and Ian.

As far as guessing the cast goes, I think the on the men's side the only guaranteed no is Brad. I think even Woo and Troyzan have outside chances, since they were really likable and somewhat memorable, respectively.

suaveric

Also, apparently there were at least three people asked who said no: Greg Buis (for career reasons, as I think was posted here already), Shambo and Ian.

As far as guessing the cast goes, I think the on the men's side the only guaranteed no is Brad. I think even Woo and Troyzan have outside chances, since they were really likable and somewhat memorable, respectively.

I think Woo has better than an outside chance. That's why I'm worried for someone like Stephen. All these damn casuals voting and screwing up my Survivor!

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Don't know if anyone on here is friends with cast members on facebook or follow on twitter but some people who have made it for season 31 are being spoiled...possible spoiler below.

According to Kat Edorsson, Sabrina and Troyzan

Grexeno

Don't know if anyone on here is friends with cast members on facebook or follow on twitter but some people who have made it for season 31 are being spoiled...possible spoiler below.

According to Kat Edorsson, Sabrina and Troyzan
lol she has no idea what she's talking about

A shame about Ian, because I think he would fit the theme of second chances pretty well after the way his game ended the first time. Apparently he was also in the running for Blood vs Water (Tyson mentioned that on RHAP a couple of weeks ago).

I didn't want ian back anyway after giving us the worst winner in the history of the show

he can stay gone

I mean, that's true, but I actually liked Ian a fair bit, unlike Tom. I think he'd be an interesting person to bring back, although Coby would be my #1 choice for someone from Palau returning.

Grexeno

A shame about Ian, because I think he would fit the theme of second chances pretty well after the way his game ended the first time. Apparently he was also in the running for Blood vs Water (Tyson mentioned that on RHAP a couple of weeks ago).
Some players are just destined to be forever "in the running," aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom