• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 32: Kaôh Rng |OT| Anything that can Kaôh Rng, will.

Not at all. He's in his '70s (and a poster child for TRT) - I doubt I'll look that good at his age.

But that's the thing.

For someone at his age, to look as good in shape as he does, he's completely inept at EVERYTHING.

Physical
Mental
Social

It's hilarious.

noshten

But that's the thing.

For someone at his age, to look as good in shape as he does, he's completely inept at EVERYTHING.

Physical
Mental
Social

It's hilarious.

Someone who is a retired FBI agent with zero sense of how to play the game, super disappointing - Joe would make a worse finalist than Woo.

llehuty

I don't get why Scott and Jason become so obsessed in wanting to play a super idol instead the 2 immunity idols separately.

After all Jason was safe this vote having won the immunity challenge so then just play the 2 immunity idols individually and keep the group together that way.
Maybe they thought the girls would turn on each other like last week?

turtle553

I don't get why Scott and Jason become so obsessed in wanting to play a super idol instead the 2 immunity idols separately.

After all Jason was safe this vote having won the immunity challenge so then just play the 2 immunity idols individually and keep the group together that way.

Because they could use the threat of the super idol to never have to play it. Last week, people voted Debbie because they knew Jason and Tai had idols. If they played them separately, they remove the threat of them when they may not have needed to use the idols.

llehuty

Tony mentioned doing undercover work, right? I imagine that Joe isn't the type of agent that actively had to read people as much as Tony did.
Also, Tony was active and relatively young. It's probably not a fair comparison.

Joe is still a turd as a player

Kifimbo

Maybe because it's one thing to read people (mostly crooks and criminals) in your daily job, but it's probably another in the real world, and another in a game like Survivor. After all, cops and FBI agents aren't automatically poker champions. If Joe never really watched Survivor before (anyone knows?), it's entirely possible he doesn't understand how to adapt and use his skills in the context of this game. Tony was a huge fan of the show.

Plus, reading people is different than having a good social game and forming relationships.

Joe is actually really good at reading people, he's just too stubborn to use that to his advantage in the game.

The man would follow Debbie to the ends of the Earth. There is no way he can be good at reading people if he's so willingly able to blindly follow Debbie.

Grexeno

The man would follow Debbie to the ends of the Earth. There is no way he can be good at reading people if he's so willingly able to blindly follow Debbie.
Like I said, he's stubborn to a fault. He correctly saw through Peter but still wouldn't vote for him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
One of the most amusing parts of every episode of trying to guess how quickly Joe bails out of every challenge. He's not even there, except to tell Aubrey he'll vote how she wants.

The Beard

Wasn't the smarter move just to play the idols normally? Tai / Scot / Jason have immunity... whomever they want to go goes, assuming the rest for Tai / Scot.

Of course next week there's 7 and they only have 3 in the alliance, assuming they don't think they can count on Julia for some reason, but that was a sure thing.

Nah, don't burn it unless you think you need it. Especially with Tai's double vote perk that can be used up until the final 5, he has a lot of power right now.

I also think Tai realized Scot and Jason's bromance was too strong and he was just a 3rd wheel that they were going to discard after his idol was used up.

IbukiLordSA

Joe makes the FBI look bad, he must have just been some lackey there, we all know the true agents are the best aka my man Phillip, Stealth-r-us

Joe makes the FBI look bad, he must have just been some lackey there, we all know the true agents are the best aka my man Phillip, Stealth-r-us

I really want to see an all crazy season. Get Phillip, Debbie, Feather dude from world's apart, J'tia, just bring all the crazy. Bring Brandon Hantz back for it even!

It will be like a race to fuck up camp.

llehuty

Aubrey was surprisingly great this episode. It's crazy how under hyped this season was because it's been a great season.
Yep. Really really good.

And yes, Aubry is an amazing casting choice. Strategic and playing hard, but also sensitive and relatable. Is the less robotic version of Spencer, and I already liked Spencer a lot.

I don't mind Aubry taking all of the attention edit wise, because her arc is just amazing.

I also like Tai a lot, but he is the perfect example of too emotional to play the game.

There are some other great characters like Julia, Michelle or Cidney, but Aubry and Tai are just too good TV.

Julia has actually surprised me a lot. She might be one of the most surprising young players to be cast in a while. She seemed just like the young eye candy to be cast at first but she has really shown some game knowledge the few times she has had to. I could really see her coming back at some point and being another Wentworth where everyone will not be expecting her at all and she comes out and plays hard as hell.

Corven

yeah I feel at this point Joe is pretty much a ghost, even if he somehow gets to the end it would just be a situation where the juror's would say he didn't do anything in the game that is worthy of their votes.

I want Tai to win, but I don't see any way for him to, he is too passive of a player and always seems to be at the bottom of the totem pole for any alliance he is included in.

kirblar

Yep. Really really good.

And yes, Aubry is an amazing casting choice. Strategic and playing hard, but also sensitive and relatable. Is the less robotic version of Spencer, and I already liked Spencer a lot.

I don't mind Aubry taking all of the attention edit wise, because her arc is just amazing.

I also like Tai a lot, but he is the perfect example of too emotional to play the game.

There are some other great characters like Julia, Michelle or Cidney, but Aubry and Tai are just too good TV.
Aubry is apparently much more similar to Stephen/Cochran personality-wise than what we're seeing- very neurotic. Spencer's more emotionally cold than those 3.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Julia has actually surprised me a lot. She might be one of the most surprising young players to be cast in a while. She seemed just like the young eye candy to be cast at first but she has really shown some game knowledge the few times she has had to. I could really see her coming back at some point and being another Wentworth where everyone will not be expecting her at all and she comes out and plays hard as hell.

Yeah I'm surprised at how well she adapted to playing the game, but I guess that's just my own preconceptions coming in. Compare her to the usual young blonde you see on Big Brother and it's really amazing how different the two games are.

BunnyBear

Fair enough, but I disagree. While yes, the narrative of the last two episodes has focused on the drama and strategy revolving around the boys, the idols, and Cydney's and Aubry's suspicion of Julia (which would have all been shown regardless of who wins because that's simply what happened and what influenced the vote targets etc), the narrative of the show IMHO is still something altogether different that won't come into focus until a bit later... and it has to do with someone who is laying low, playing a confident social game as a strong independent woman, and waiting for the right moment to strike (we saw the seeds of this planted in the first 12 minutes of the season, and it will definitely come to fruition, I guarantee it).

Unfortunately this narrative doesn't make great TV. (Also, this certain person had to be shielded this episode, if they were the winner, as they were simply out of the loop regarding the vote, but were nonetheless given 2 confessionals and 2 Tribal Council questions to keep them in the back of our minds.)

You really post on the borderline of being a complete spoiler. I do not believe that you don't know the boot order this season.

It's been a criticism aimed at you before and a fair one. Go post on Survivor Spoilers if you can't resist but dont ruin it for us.

kirblar

You really post on the borderline of being a complete spoiler. I do not believe that you don't know the boot order this season.

It's been a criticism aimed at you before and a fair one. Go post on Survivor Spoilers if you can't resist but dont ruin it for us.
There's no winner spoiler/bootlist.

Top Bottom