• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 32: Kaôh Rng |OT| Anything that can Kaôh Rng, will.

UberTag

But she doesn't want to take him much farther because everyone sees him as a threat to get to the end both competition wise and to win. Sure she can still have the ability to use those but it's not going to help her get him out so it still goes against what she actually wants to do with him. The further she helps him advance the more likely he is going to be good in comps and makes it harder to get rid of him. She didn't have to tell him to use it but saying outright that she thinks he is safe makes it less likely. She could have at least said she didn't know and let the possibility of it being used still be open. He uses his idol he is still going to be seen as a threat because of the advantage. She is still going to have an in with him. All it does is make it more possible for him to go out which is what she ultimately wants.
I sort of agree with you on this - her being so openly reassuring to him that he didn't need to waste his idol unnecessarily initially struck me as a bad move - and yet, I think Aubrey might be reading the sentiment of the jury (that they're bitter against Tai) far better than what CBS is presenting to us in these confessionals with Cyd, Julia and others saying that Tai will smoke everyone at Final 3 because of "his gameplay". We all know that's not the case at all and he probably can't beat anyone at final tribal besides Joe and "maybe" Jason.

If she thinks Tai can't win a jury vote, not encouraging him to flush the idol is a good move. It gives her a chance to really cement the trust of someone who has played with flagrant paranoia. If she does think Tai can win a jury vote, it's a bad move because now he's got two advantages and is a Final 4 immunity win away from the vote.

That's why I think it's hard to ultimately judge this. If she has the right read on the jury, though... her play last week was the correct one.

Grexeno

Yeah, I'm sure the viewers love Tai, but I don't know if the jury will be nearly as high on him, especially if he's sitting next to Aubry and Joe.

I sort of agree with you on this - her being so openly reassuring to him that he didn't need to waste his idol unnecessarily initially struck me as a bad move - and yet, I think Aubrey might be reading the sentiment of the jury (that they're bitter against Tai) far better than what CBS is presenting to us in these confessionals with Cyd, Julia and others saying that Tai will smoke everyone at Final 3 because of "his gameplay". We all know that's not the case at all and he probably can't beat anyone at final tribal besides Joe and "maybe" Jason.

If she thinks Tai can't win a jury vote, not encouraging him to flush the idol is a good move. It gives her a chance to really cement the trust of someone who has played with flagrant paranoia. If she does think Tai can win a jury vote, it's a bad move because now he's got two advantages and is a Final 4 immunity win away from the vote.

That's why I think it's hard to ultimately judge this. If she has the right read on the jury, though... her play last week was the correct one.

The only thing that makes me think the jury could be a little on Tai's side is that I think him not using the idol on Scot is such a huge moment and probably was huge with the group. I can't see Tai losing against Joe or Michelle but other than that I think he'd lose just because I think most the cast sees him as almost dumb and not playing the game. I feel like moments of him talking about the super Idol at tribal and him going with Jason and Scot for so long will mostly make him look like a shitty pawn in most the juries eyes.

It'd be crazy if they could get him out with him holding an extra vote and an HII. It'd be Dan crossed with James. I don't think he'll be that clueless, but it'd make for amazing TV.

Yeah, I'm sure the viewers love Tai, but I don't know if the jury will be nearly as high on him, especially if he's sitting next to Aubry and Joe.

Yep. He's stabbed everyone in the back, and I don't think he's very good at the social game.

UberTag

Tai might regret telling them that.
Tai should be regretting just about anything he's told anyone since he jumped off that ship on Day 1.
I'm not even sure Mark the Chicken would vote for him. He remains aligned with Tai only our of self-preservation. Everyone else on the island wants to eat him.

vypek

Lol. Joe doing small hops thinking it will shift the ball.

Interesting challenge. I don't recall seeing this one before.

Like, who the fuck is going to waste a vote on fucking Joe at the Final 6

Jason, since it means it's not him. Anyone else, though? No idea why they'd do it. Which is why my bet is on devastating injury. I don't think someone like Cowboy Rick in South Pacific got this much screentime in his boot episode.

kirblar

Jason, since it means it's not him. Anyone else, though? No idea why they'd do it. Which is why my bet is on devastating injury. I don't think someone like Cowboy Rick in South Pacific got this much screentime in his boot episode.
Jeff's voiceover at the beginning of the season lined up with the first two boots - the third description sounds like someone's body just gives out due to exhaustion, which could be anyone.

Jeff's voiceover at the beginning of the season lined up with the first two boots - the third description sounds like someone's body just gives out due to exhaustion, which could be anyone.

Maybe this ends up being one of those never ending challenges?

Or Cydney just kicks butt.

Top Bottom